Author Topic: A Quirk for the Crusaders.  (Read 508 times)

Hammerhead

• Master Sergeant
  • "ZEUS - Premier Lyran Recon since 2787."
A Quirk for the Crusaders.
« on: 07 September 2023, 07:21:13 »
And the Galdiator, and any others with upper arm mounted weapons.

Admittedly, this is to represent the O.G. Crusader, but is equally applicable to others that have weapons with an odd placement or fluff in comparison to the rules. Possibly for things like AC/20’s and other heavy weapons split between arms and torso? Anyway, here goes…

NEGATIVE QUIRK: RESTRICTED FIELD OF FIRE.

Due to the specific operation parameters of the arm mounted weapon affected by this quirk, it’s field of fire is restricted to that of a torso mounted weapon, and cannot be used to fire at targets in its associated arm arc. This Quirk can affect multiple weapons, in the same location, but the point value is given for each weapon.

The point value is 1 points for every 5 points of damage (or fraction thereof) that the weapon can inflict with a single damage grouping.

What do you think, o hivemind?
« Last Edit: 07 September 2023, 12:33:37 by Hammerhead »

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
Re: A Quirk for the Crusaders.
« Reply #1 on: 07 September 2023, 13:12:07 »
Weapons split between arm and torso already are restricted to torso arcs.

BMM page 24/Total Warfare page 104.

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 07 September 2023, 16:30:07 »
The OP isn't talking about splitting weapons but weapons that are located in the upper arm. Instead of a medium laser that fires wherever the arm is pointed, the medium laser is mounted in such a way that it can only fire in the forward arc.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #3 on: 07 September 2023, 16:39:51 »
The OP isn't talking about splitting weapons but weapons that are located in the upper arm. Instead of a medium laser that fires wherever the arm is pointed, the medium laser is mounted in such a way that it can only fire in the forward arc.

And the Galdiator, and any others with upper arm mounted weapons.

Admittedly, this is to represent the O.G. Crusader, but is equally applicable to others that have weapons with an odd placement or fluff in comparison to the rules. Possibly for things like AC/20’s and other heavy weapons split between arms and torso? Anyway, here goes…

NEGATIVE QUIRK: RESTRICTED FIELD OF FIRE.

Due to the specific operation parameters of the arm mounted weapon affected by this quirk, it’s field of fire is restricted to that of a torso mounted weapon, and cannot be used to fire at targets in its associated arm arc. This Quirk can affect multiple weapons, in the same location, but the point value is given for each weapon.

The point value is 1 points for every 5 points of damage (or fraction thereof) that the weapon can inflict with a single damage grouping.

What do you think, o hivemind?

As per the emphasized section they were.

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 07 September 2023, 18:21:36 »
I was looking at the odd placement part.

Hammerhead

• Master Sergeant
  • "ZEUS - Premier Lyran Recon since 2787."
« Reply #5 on: 07 September 2023, 18:45:03 »
Weapons split between arm and torso already are restricted to torso arcs.

BMM page 24/Total Warfare page 104.

I missed that. Thanks for the info.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #6 on: 07 September 2023, 19:16:25 »
No worries.

Register