Author Topic: Megastrike v1.3.0 All the Units!  (Read 617 times)

doulos05

• Warrant Officer
Megastrike v1.3.0 All the Units!
« on: 07 November 2023, 08:29:00 »
Link: https://github.com/jonathanabennett/megastrike/releases/tag/v1.3.0

This release is a substantial rewrite of the previous code to make building on Windows easier. Unfortunately, I don't have a way to test it yet and so despite knowing that all the parts of this should run on Windows, I don't yet know for sure that it runs on windows as I haven't been able to test it.

The rewrite has allowed me to greatly simplify the installation process for Mac and Linux, though. The process is now:

1. Install GTK4.10 or newer and its dependencies.
2. Install the Roswell Lisp Implementation manager and its dependencies.
3. Run the install.sh script.

The process outlined above should theoretically work for MSYS2 or WSL on Windows as well, but it hasn't worked for either of those yet. If someone does get it working, please let me know so I can update the README.

In addition, I have also made some changes to the interface which let me get the entire MUL export from MegaMek (all ~8100 units) into the program! This includes unit types which are not yet supported, specifically flying units, so keep that in mind when building forces.

Bug reports are welcome!
I mean, it's not like once you having something in low Earth orbit you can stick a gassy astronaut on the outside after Chili Night and fart it anywhere in the solar system.

Register