Author Topic: Mercenaries Kickstarter Discussion 6: the 1st 3rd Star League conversation  (Read 71023 times)

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
I got a saving, and I used it as a credit. Because Im going to use it.

The worst they can say is, no. But you don't know until you ask.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

The Eagle

• Captain
  • This is what peak performance looks like!
They offered to reduce mine by about 2/3rds.
RIP Dan Schulz, 09 November 2009.  May the Albatross ever fly high.

Hit me up for BattleTech in the WV Panhandle!

MarauderD

• Major
Relief granted:  $90 off of shipping down to $77.00 for a regiment plus add ons to Northern California.  Thanks CGL!!! 
« Last Edit: 10 May 2024, 11:01:45 by MarauderD »

CitizenErased

• Master Sergeant
  • Eldritch Galactic Princess
    • Dykes Dig Giant Robots
How long did everyone have to wait to hear back about their messages for shipping relief? I sent a message a few days ago and still haven't heard anything.
Your friendly neighborhood transgender giant robot enthusiast!

2DarkWolf2

• Recruit
How long did everyone have to wait to hear back about their messages for shipping relief? I sent a message a few days ago and still haven't heard anything.

Like 24 hours here.

DW

Aresneo

• Master Sergeant
It took 3 days for myself, same for the other player from my playgroup that has mentioned hearing back.

thedancingjoker

• Master Sergeant
Mine took something likr 24 hours. That being said that was before they officially posted about shipping charges, so they might very well have been flooded by messages afterwards.

quewin

• Recruit

Same here and I just got an email that they are "about to charge for [my] remaining balance on [my] order."

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
It takes a day or two.
Im sure a lot of people are getting the "discount double check"

Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

MarauderD

• Major
36 hours in my case I think?  It was fast.

Aotrs Commander

• Warrant Officer
And now I fully comprehend the page as the email saying my card will be charged has come through, in that it's $176 for VAT and shipping, most of which is the former. That's going to hurt, but that's the government (and possibly Brexit, I'm not sure if that would have made a difference.)

Better make the most of it, it's going to be the last purchase of toys for the foreseeable future. (I definitely won't be able to support the next one.) At least it'll last me a while...

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!

I messaged about VAT calculations rather than shipping, but I got a "we're looking into it" the following day.

If anyone else here has VAT issues (in my case (UK), being charged VAT on books which are zero-rated), I'd recommend dropping a message via KS - CGL might not be able to fix it, but I'm sure I'm not the only person affected and more messages will at least help CGL understand the scale of the issue.
>>>>[You're only jealous because the voices don't talk to you]<<<<

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!
And now I fully comprehend the page as the email saying my card will be charged has come through, in that it's $176 for VAT and shipping, most of which is the former. That's going to hurt, but that's the government (and possibly Brexit, I'm not sure if that would have made a difference.)

Better make the most of it, it's going to be the last purchase of toys for the foreseeable future. (I definitely won't be able to support the next one.) At least it'll last me a while...

Just for once I don't think Brexit made any difference wrt VAT since I've seen EU backers making similar comments.
>>>>[You're only jealous because the voices don't talk to you]<<<<

carne68

• Recruit
The crew at CGL answered my query in about a day and they offered a what amounted to a 50% reduction or a very generous store credit on the webstore.
I opted for the credit.

Greatclub

• Captain
Mine is high, but... Canada.

That said, if the shipping company tries to change me a brokerage fee on top of this I'm going to be livid. They've already gotten their pound of flesh.

BrianDavion

• Captain
Mine is high, but... Canada.

That said, if the shipping company tries to change me a brokerage fee on top of this I'm going to be livid. They've already gotten their pound of flesh.

how much is "high"?
The Suns will shine again

Moragion

• Master Sergeant
My pledge is Regiment (Legends II upgraded to the LE)+Somerset Strikers, a BFM, a Precentor Martial edition of Universe, a dice tray, an extra pair of dice and an extra patch as add-ons.  Total $960 paid in, plus $220.80 in VAT. 

My shipping total ended up as $79.58 plus $18.30 in additional VAT, ao around $100 in total to Ireland.

Pretty much the same for me in Spain. Shipping is reasonable, VAT is the hefty part. Not Catalyst's fault, obviously. I'm ok with the final sum. Will be very happy once everything is in my hands.

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
Just for once I don't think Brexit made any difference wrt VAT since I've seen EU backers making similar comments.

Yeah, there's been a change to how crowdfunders are viewed in the EU and you're taxed on them now.  I've got hit the same way for Nemesis Retaliation.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
I think CGL slipped past the Aussie tax radar for the first KS, no GST (our VAT) last time IIRC. But yes, this time. GST aside, 10% is very reasonable.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Aotrs Commander

• Warrant Officer
Yeah, there's been a change to how crowdfunders are viewed in the EU and you're taxed on them now.  I've got hit the same way for Nemesis Retaliation.

Well, I guess that's one more thing to bear in ikind should I again be in a position to be able to back any...

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
Well, I guess that's one more thing to bear in ikind should I again be in a position to be able to back any...

I've got The Fear for when I've got to pay shipping and VAT on Leviathans now, I went in real hard on that one.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

klarg1

• Captain
Drop them a message through Kickstarter. They might be able to help you out anyway.

Just did. I feel a little bad piling on, but my shipping bill is north of $150 which seems a little high in view of the anecdotal numbers posted here.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
Just did. I feel a little bad piling on, but my shipping bill is north of $150 which seems a little high in view of the anecdotal numbers posted here.

No need to feel guilty. CGL made a ton of money on this campaign, and no-one should feel bad about taking them up on their offer to share some of it. It's genuinely heartwarming. They didn't have to do this.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1

Teejay75

• Private
I sent CGL an email about the $5 credit I had (Refund for state shipping tax) and asked them to just add it to their tip jar fund. They emailed me back 12 hours later and told me they’d added another $10 to my credit! I know CGL has caught some grief but they have always been genuinely nice anytime I’ve had a correspondence with them. REM is an angel!

Now I gotta figure out what to do with a $15 credit. Will it convert to a store credit? How does that work?

DarkSpade

• Major
Starting to think I should contact them about mine. 

We DM them through kickstarter, right?   What info to you give them?
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
Starting to think I should contact them about mine. 

We DM them through kickstarter, right?   What info to you give them?

Correct. Just tell them your shipping quote and ask them if they can help with it.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1

DarkSpade

• Major
Correct. Just tell them your shipping quote and ask them if they can help with it.

Thanks.  I was going to let it go because I did order a lot, but it does seem odd to pay nearly what some people are paying for over seas.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
Thanks.  I was going to let it go because I did order a lot, but it does seem odd to pay nearly what some people are paying for over seas.

I think I need to contact them as well considering all I ordered was the regiment pledge, the cookbook, a few extra force packs and salvage packs and a bunch of dice, patches and a few challenge coins, and I’m paying half again or more in shipping to TN that others are paying to Ireland or Spain (including their VAT charges in that shipping total).

Ruger
« Last Edit: 11 May 2024, 12:20:04 by Ruger »
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Wolf72

• Captain

Now I gotta figure out what to do with a $15 credit. Will it convert to a store credit? How does that work?

[I think] They will send you a code to use that you input on check out and that will activate the credit.  If you do not use it all then the rest remains on your account.

I do not think we can put it in on just our account settings.  Although you could find a $0 item (.pdf), put in the code, get a cool .pdf and then get the funds put into the system.
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

MarauderD

• Major
I think I need to contact them as well considering all I ordered was the regiment pledge, the cookbook, a few extra force packs and salvage packs and a bunch of dice, patches and a few challenge coins, and I’m paying half again or more in shipping to TN that others are paying to Ireland or Spain (including their VAT charges in that shipping total).

Ruger

Definitely do it.  Your pledge sounds exactly like mine, I’m on the US west coast, and my shipping went from 24% of my order down to 11% of my order.  Really helped make me feel like I wasn’t getting abused on the shipping.

Register