Author Topic: Megastrike 2.0 Windows test Release  (Read 1166 times)

doulos05

• Warrant Officer
Megastrike 2.0 Windows test Release
« on: 08 December 2023, 22:09:33 »
This does not work (in that the game is incomplete), but I have been told that should run on Windows and I want to see if that's actually true. So, please take a look at this release and see if you can download it and install it using the instructions here: https://applab.unc.edu/posts/2019/09/11/how-to-install-clojure-on-windows/

Once you've got lein installed, you should be able to change into the directory, type lein run and see the lobby screen.

I'm just a few GitHub tricks away from figuring out how to get a downloadable file, in which case I'll post a release to the files and see if I can get it working.

Here's the GitHub repo where the work is being done: https://github.com/jonathanabennett/megastrike
I mean, it's not like once you having something in low Earth orbit you can stick a gassy astronaut on the outside after Chili Night and fart it anywhere in the solar system.

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
Re: Megastrike 2.0 Windows test Release
« Reply #1 on: 09 December 2023, 00:34:24 »
TAG
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

Mixmastashizz

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 24 December 2023, 15:04:04 »
I was able to download and run the program which let me assign units to two forces.

And then nothing happened when I pressed launch game

annakenna

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: 16 January 2024, 21:30:17 »
You can follow the instructions provided in the link you shared to install Clojure on Windows. Once you have lein installed, you should be able to run the application using the "lein run" command.
rice purity for college students

Lanceman

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • Blake Be Praised
« Reply #4 on: 17 January 2024, 09:57:57 »
Launches and runs successfully on my Windows 11.
"Pure truth cannot be assimilated by the crowd; it must be communicated by contagion" -  Henri-Frédéric Amiel