Author Topic: Jihad sourcebook questions.  (Read 445 times)

bjorn

• Private
Jihad sourcebook questions.
« on: 13 January 2024, 14:47:20 »
Hello everyone,

I am an old battletech player who stopped following  in-universe developments at the beginning of the Jihad. I was curious if anyone can give me a list of needed sourcebooks to follow developments and play in the jihad era. What rules does each book have. I am curious of both the lore and rules for the Maniei Domini

Thank you for any info in advance.

-bjorn

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
Re: Jihad sourcebook questions.
« Reply #1 on: 13 January 2024, 14:53:54 »
The best source for Manei Domini rules is Interstellar Operations: Alternate eras.  It's got the most up to date version of the rules and a revised way to integrate them into BV.

The order to read the sourcebooks is:

Dawn of the Jihad
Jihad Hot Spots 3070
(alternately, read Blake Ascending which is a compilation of these two books)
Jihad Hot Spots 3072
Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
Jihad Hot Spots 3076
Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
Jihad: Final Recknoning.

The following sourcebooks add some additional context or info:
Jihad Secrets: Interstellar Players 2 (a compilation of in-universe rumours, some of which would later be proven true)
Mercenaries Supplemental Update
Masters and Minions: The Starcorps dossier
Technical Readout 3075
Technical Readout 3085
And field manual: 3085 gives the state of the Inner Sphere shortly after it ends.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Nerroth

• Captain
Re: Jihad sourcebook questions.
« Reply #2 on: 15 January 2024, 12:36:44 »
Beyond those sourcebooks listed above, I would strongly recommend taking a look at The Wars of Reaving: which covers concurrent events taking place in the Clan Homeworlds during this era. There is also The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, which offers additional data on the post-Reaving fallout.

Further, I would also recommend the Interstellar Expeditions: Interstellar Players 3 sourcebook - but only after you have read the likes of The Wars of Reaving. ISP3 is set in 3095, and offers a look at how IE as an organization has been tasked with the search for Blakist hideouts; how it has been affected by the calamitous turn of events in the coreward Deep Periphery; and how it has inherited the old mantle held by ComStar's Explorer Corps in terms of leading exploration and research missions in the spinward, rimward, and anti-spinward Deep Periphery as well.

Register