Author Topic: Correct PV - MUL or Force Pack Alpha Strike Cards  (Read 309 times)

Rob Bendig

• Private
Correct PV - MUL or Force Pack Alpha Strike Cards
« on: 20 January 2024, 18:14:36 »
I'm noticing a number of Alpha Strike cards from the Force Packs have a different PV than what is listed in the MUL. For example:

Griffin C (Kell Hounds) PV = 37;                (MUL) PV = 45
Timber Wolf T (AS Box) PV = 63;               (MUL) PV = 62
Cougar A (Fire Star) PV = 41;                    (MUL) PV = 40
Hellbringer Prime (Heavy Striker) PV = 44; (MUL) PV = 45
Hellbringer A (Heavy Striker) PV = 42;       (MUL) PV = 43

I've noticed 17 of these discrepancies so far.

Which is considered correct when there are discrepancies?

Lanceman

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • Blake Be Praised
Re: Correct PV - MUL or Force Pack Alpha Strike Cards
« Reply #1 on: 20 January 2024, 18:25:43 »
The MUL is the higher source, as it gets updated with changes to the formula that might affect the PV calculations that don't make it to the print run for the cards in time or after they are printed.
"Pure truth cannot be assimilated by the crowd; it must be communicated by contagion" -  Henri-Frédéric Amiel

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #2 on: 20 January 2024, 18:47:17 »
MUL.

Though we are far from perfect so you if you ever feel a value on the MUL is incorrect, you can inquire (along with calculations showing the descrepency) over in the Errata sub forum.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 20 January 2024, 19:01:58 »
Errata is posted for the Force Packs at https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,75914.0.html as I come across them.

Or for the AS box set: https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79738.0.html

If you unsure of one not listed, and want to question a mismatch, the MUL thread is the best place.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets