Author Topic: A Couple of FLN-366 St. Florians (or St. Florian MODs)  (Read 303 times)

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
A Couple of FLN-366 St. Florians (or St. Florian MODs)
« on: 21 February 2024, 19:04:23 »
So I've been wanting to convert a couple of my older Highlander minis to St. Florians, and stumbled upon a pretty easy way to do it using the IWM parts bin.

First, swap the arms for the Cyclops arms from the parts bin.  Tack on an extra medium laser barrel to each arm from a Marauder.  The torso weapons then use the PPCs from a Hatamoto.  I haven't finished redoing the paint, but I'm happy so far with the results.

(And, yes, I know my painting skills leave something to be desired.  Like painting skills.)

Arms on, extra weapons not so much:

Both sets of new weaponry added:

Semi-complete minis waiting for paint:

I would say that @Luciora's take is more accurate overall, but I don't have @Luciora's modding powers.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: A Couple of FLN-366 St. Florians (or St. Florian MODs)
« Reply #1 on: 21 February 2024, 19:57:47 »
I don't know of anyone who has Luciora's modding powers other than him, so there's NO shame in that! :)
« Last Edit: 22 February 2024, 04:11:53 by Daryk »

Luciora

• Major
Re: A Couple of FLN-366 St. Florians (or St. Florian MODs)
« Reply #2 on: 21 February 2024, 22:02:22 »
I love your use of the Archer arms!  And yeah, the cage cockpit is one of my weaknesses.

They look great!

So I've been wanting to convert a couple of my older Highlander minis to St. Florians, and stumbled upon a pretty easy way to do it using the IWM parts bin.

First, swap the arms for the Cyclops arms from the parts bin.  Tack on an extra medium laser barrel to each arm from a Marauder.  The torso weapons then use the PPCs from a Hatamoto.  I haven't finished redoing the paint, but I'm happy so far with the results.

(And, yes, I know my painting skills leave something to be desired.  Like painting skills.)

Arms on, extra weapons not so much:

Both sets of new weaponry added:

Semi-complete minis waiting for paint:

I would say that @Luciora's take is more accurate overall, but I don't have @Luciora's modding powers.