Author Topic: Can Tower Defense style scenarios be done with BT?  (Read 308 times)

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
Can Tower Defense style scenarios be done with BT?
« on: 08 April 2024, 23:09:21 »
I've picked up playing Clash of Clans, but I first picked up playing what has come to be known as 'Tower Defense' games on Facebook in the form of Throne Rush. 

In a game like this, you get a base to fill out and upgrade, and defend.  At the same time, you also train troops to send out ant test your tactics while raiding similar bases.

And, it has me wondering if there is a points system in the WarChest tracks or other aspect in Campaign Ops that can help guide the cost of buildings for a base including upgrades.

Does anybody know?

Thanks.

Also, feel free to discuss the merits of this kind of scenario as the basis for a campaign.
It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

DevianID

• Captain
Re: Can Tower Defense style scenarios be done with BT?
« Reply #1 on: 08 April 2024, 23:22:50 »
Tower defense would be a fun game for a 1v1 back and forth campaign.

You would each set up a base pattern mapsheet, and take turns running a set lance through the gauntlet.  Whoever had the best base layout, and got the luckiest destroying the enemy mechs, wins the round.  Maybe start with like 4 centurions, if they get to the end zone without your base defenses destroying them, you lose a point.

I can see a low BV budget making the first defenders lots of urbanmechs and other cheap units, upgrading to hunchback and then warhammers or something if you keep playing.

Karasu

• Mecharcheologist by appointment
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 09 April 2024, 05:20:38 »
You might want to grab the MAC Scenario pack for its assorted fortifications and other clever ways that buildings try to kill 'Mechs.

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
« Reply #3 on: 09 April 2024, 10:53:02 »
You might want to grab the MAC Scenario pack for its assorted fortifications and other clever ways that buildings try to kill 'Mechs.

I actually have that one.  It was one of the inspirations for this.  But, that's a base that has already been built to near max.

What I'm wondering is if there's something I can use as a guideline for base upgrades over time, to show progress from success.  I'm running a Dark Age post Black Out campaign.  The Republic worlds with their transplanted populations from all Inner Sphere sectors that lead to the different micro factions popping up on each planet would be a great backdrop for this very thing.  Same with Clan Home world enclaves and trials.

It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

Register