Author Topic: Looking for ideas for a new Campaign?  (Read 1462 times)

Pistol Pete

• Private
  • I can't complain, but sometimes I still do
Re: Looking for ideas for a new Campaign?
« Reply #30 on: 25 May 2024, 13:48:55 »
"Buried Treasure" is a good plot hook.

Lets say the players either get intel about a cache of mothballed mechs (or LosTech). Or one of their clients can't pay them in C-bills, but has the location of a cache.

Now they have to work their way towards the planet, fighting their way through enemy territory to get the gear they need to fetch the treasure.

Then they get it and get to be bosses for awhile, with all the cool toys.

And then the Clan Invasion (or whatever) hits.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #31 on: 25 May 2024, 14:04:41 »
Look into Astrokaszy for a potential planetary battleground; it's wracked by warring factions on the world with only a few 'Mechs on either side.  It's also a place where both the Suns and Combine tested advanced technologies, even if it's a long bloody way away, so you can take on interesting surprises like prototype DHS on 'Mechs.

the combine testing new tech there hasto be an interesting story, given that it's literally on the opposite side of the IS from them. the fedsuns using it makes sense, they're reasonably close, and if the tech fell into the wrong hands, it would just be used against the FWL and capcon.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #32 on: 25 May 2024, 14:14:12 »
Astrokaszy is an endless source of entertainment!  And I also second the suggestion of Anton's Revolt.  I use that as character background all the time... :)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #33 on: 25 May 2024, 16:41:38 »
"Buried Treasure" is a good plot hook.

Lets say the players either get intel about a cache of mothballed mechs (or LosTech). Or one of their clients can't pay them in C-bills, but has the location of a cache.

It does not have to be mech parts.  They could be hired to protect a salvage team that has a lead on a distillery/winery long lost in the Aramis coup or 1SW.  Nuke weapons wiped the surface structures out but the distillery stored their barrels/casks in underground vaults.

IIRC some shipwreck hunters have sold amphoras of Roman wine and I know there was a discussion about the champagne bottles from the Titanic still being good.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #34 on: 26 May 2024, 14:37:24 »
Turning point misery or DTM come to mind