Author Topic: Hells Horses Infantry APCs?  (Read 440 times)

CJC070

• Lieutenant
Hells Horses Infantry APCs?
« on: 23 May 2024, 10:09:14 »
One question occurred to me was how does a star of infantry get from point A to point B considering that they are used as frontline units.  Since a Star of infantry is 25 troopers do they use 4 standard APCs or one heavy APC.

Weirdo

• Painter of Borth the Magic Puma
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
  • We can do it. We have to.
    • Christina Dickinson Writes
Re: Hells Horses Infantry APCs?
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2024, 12:57:48 »
Since a Star of infantry is 25 troopers...

Only if they're battle-armored. Conventional infantry are 20-25 troopers to a Point.
My wife writes books

Sixteen tons means sixteen suits. CT must be repaired.

"Damn you, Weirdo... Damn you for being right!" - Paul

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2024, 15:49:51 »
a star of infantry get from point A to point B considering that they are used as frontline units. 
Since a Star of infantry is 25 troopers do they use 4 standard APCs or one heavy APC.

As Weirdo noted, a Platoon is a Point, not a Star.
Conventional Stars are more like oversized Companies at 5 Platoons.

Conventional Infantry is Nova'd up with Vehicles in the HH Touman, so, your likely seeing them with added mobility.

Cavalry Clusters specifically mention using Jump Infantry & Hover/VTOL vehicles as APCs/IFVs.

The other's don't call out APCs specifically but you have several options for moving some/all of the infantry in each Nova-Star.

The Indra has a 3-Ton bay to move a single Foot-Point around.
The Svantovit (Original) is designed to move a Point of Foot infantry w/ it's 3-Ton bay.
The Anhur can move 7 Tons so a combo of 1-2 Points/Platoons based on the 3-4-6 ton weights is possible.
Clan Versions of the Badger, Bandit, & Maxim, all exist & can carry 5-5-6 tons of infantry respectively.
Finally you have SLDF Era Maxim's, Heavy APC Series, Maultier, & Cobra transports moving 3, 3/6, 3, & 10 Tons respectively.

I can imagine the Vtols are almost exclusive to Cavalry clusters while the Wheeled/Tracked options are exclusively NOT in Cavalry, based on the fluff.
Other clusters have a mix of of options but probably light on the Vtols since most go to Cavalry which is the most numerous cluster type.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

CJC070

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2024, 21:07:03 »
Only if they're battle-armored. Conventional infantry are 20-25 troopers to a Point.

Thanks for the correction.

And thanks Hellraiser for the break down.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 24 May 2024, 13:39:04 »
And thanks Hellraiser for the break down.

NP at all.

To me, the debate comes in how I think the Vehicle Star should be organized.

Specifically, when a Mech/BA Star get "Nova'd" up, its on a 1-1 basis.

But vehicles are 2/point, and in theory, like ASF, they are a matched pair to operate together.

So is a single Tank Point of Anhurs for example, potentially moving 4/5 of your infantry by themselves?

Is each Tank Point actually mismatched, say, Indra + Ares point?  This seems odd but is true to the 1 Infantry to 1 Tank "Nova" concept.

Same issue comes up when thinking of Kirghiz-C + BA Points in a Nova formation.

For the record my default answer has become its a "Nova Star" not 5 "Nova Points" and I lump all the APC types together into points that move most of the infantry.

This is assuming of course that the infantry is even mobilized w/ vees, they could have their on as Mechanized troops weighing 20 tons & not be inside an IFV.

With the Cavalry they sort of spell it out for you, 100% mobile "Jump" Infantry, but for some of the heavier clusters, I could see going Mechanized Infantry traveling along side Heavy/Assault tanks.  Strike clusters have less total infantry so I'd probably mobilize what they did have into IFVs.

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
« Reply #5 on: 25 May 2024, 15:16:52 »

Anat.  5 ton bay.  Wheeled, amphibious, and practically unarmed.  Cheap-ish option.

Hephaestus.  4 ton bay.  Hover omni with enough weaponry to sting.  Expensive.

They’re both 8/12 speed, IIRC.
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #6 on: 26 May 2024, 21:35:58 »
This is assuming of course that the infantry is even mobilized w/ vees, they could have their on as Mechanized troops weighing 20 tons & not be inside an IFV.

With the Cavalry they sort of spell it out for you, 100% mobile "Jump" Infantry, but for some of the heavier clusters, I could see going Mechanized Infantry traveling along side Heavy/Assault tanks.  Strike clusters have less total infantry so I'd probably mobilize what they did have into IFVs.

TRO 3085 has the Hell's Horses' Cavalry Points, conventional infantry mounted in small hovercraft with a transport weight of 20 tons. They also have mechanized AA infantry Points, mounted in special light tanks fitted with lightweight AA weapons also with a transport weight of 20 tons.
« Last Edit: 26 May 2024, 21:37:43 by tassa_kay »
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 26 May 2024, 22:28:40 »
also by the time Kabrinski becomes Khan the ghost bears/CHH frenimies thing is going on. CGB have two nice hover transports in the Eldingar and Tyr
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #8 on: 26 May 2024, 23:51:46 »
TRO 3085 has the Hell's Horses' Cavalry Points, conventional infantry mounted in small hovercraft with a transport weight of 20 tons.

Ah yes, I know that one well, the BT Version of MWDA Hover Infantry & hands down one of the best canon Infantry Platoons in existence.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #9 on: 30 May 2024, 12:22:20 »
A complete listing of all Clan Infantry that CHH and most others use, with their respected info allocated in.

Clan Infantry:
All Infantry Armor Divisor 2, including any special equipment.

Foot Point, 5/5 Squads (25), 3 tons, 1-MP, 20 Gauss SMG, 5 Auto-GL, Foot
Heavy Foot Point, 5/5 Squads (25), 5 tons, 1-MP, 25 Mauser IIC, Foot
Heavy Jump Infantry 5/4 Squads (20), 4 tons, 3-MP, 16 Mauser IIC/ 4 Bearhunter AC, Jump
Space Marine, 5/4 Squads (20), 3 tons, 1-MP, Enviromental Hostile Suits, 20 Mauser IIC, Foot
Mechanized Infantry, 5/4 Squads (20), 20 tons, 3-MP, 12 Gauss SMG/ 8 Support Pulse, Tracked
Fast Recon Infantry, 5/4 Squads (20), 20 tons, 5-MP, 20 Mauser IIC, HoverBike
Anti-Infantry, 5/4 Squads (20), 20 tons, 4-MP, 12 CCW Avenger Shotguns/ 8 Tranq Guns, Wheeled
Assault Infantry, 5/4 Squads (20), 20 tons, 2-MP, 12 Mauser IIC/ 8 Support ER, Jump
AA Mechanized Infantry, 5/4 Squads (20), 20 tons, 3-MP, 12 Auto-Rifle/ 8 Mk. 2 Man-Portable AA, Wheeled

The Heavy Foot Point is technically the Ebon Keshik Point, it lists 5 Trooper per "ton" and is the closest to canon sample Clan Foot as possible. Remember, most Clan Infantry are made up of "failed" BA sibkos that were washed out. Waste not attitude of the Clans, demands, that they use them, somewhere. Now if you can muster the strength, a Freebirth of Elemental nature, can apply to become this. And as such, I allocated 5 of these into the Platoon formation.

Nost have their own transportation.

Also of note:
Space Marine can be first responders to most hazardous situations, consider them Xeno-Trained, if "Space" is such an enviro.

I also have a Listing to Battle Armor as well... (did a lot of research for Zeta Galaxy turning to Clan Stone Lion and wanted a complete listing to all the options CHH and most clans would have.)

TT
« Last Edit: 30 May 2024, 12:24:21 by truetanker »
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Gorgon

• Lieutenant
  • The little duchy that could
« Reply #10 on: 04 June 2024, 04:28:37 »
also by the time Kabrinski becomes Khan the ghost bears/CHH frenimies thing is going on. CGB have two nice hover transports in the Eldingar and Tyr

The Tyr is an amazing tank, but perhaps a bit high class for lugging around squishies. Even for the horses.
Jude Melancon lives!

Register