Author Topic: Battletech in the Low Countries?  (Read 184 times)

Crow

• Master Sergeant
  • Scientist-General
Battletech in the Low Countries?
« on: 25 May 2024, 09:38:52 »
Hey folks, I'm based in Brussels and I'm looking for other players in Belgium, The Netherlands, Ruhrgebeid Germany or Northern France. Anyone out there? If I can find any players, I can organize a few one-off games or a campaign.
YOU DARE REFUSE MY BOOF?

Inxentas

• Recruit
Re: Battletech in the Low Countries?
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2024, 04:28:36 »
I've only just started with BattleTech (bought a few boxes this weekend), but I'd like to come back to this invitation once I get a few more games under my belt. For me travel is a bit of an issue (I live in Tilburg, Noord Brabant, NL) but I'm also interested to meet players from the same area.

Crow

• Master Sergeant
  • Scientist-General
« Reply #2 on: 29 May 2024, 10:28:22 »
Hey Inxentas, maybe I can come out to Tilburg some time. I have plenty of minis that I let you borrow for a game or two. Do you play CBT or Alpha Strike? Do you like to play any particular era?
YOU DARE REFUSE MY BOOF?

Inxentas

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2024, 04:24:13 »
I'm quite fresh to the game and I'm taking in all the history of the IP at the moment. I know BT from the sourcebooks our local gamestore stocked in the 90's. Since they didn't sell any minis I never got into it, and gravitated towards Games Workshop games at the time. Got into the game last month, when I discovered the Catalyst minis.

I do have some mini's though, from AGOAC and the Beginner Box. I played a grand total of two games (CBT) with my best friend, who also bought a handfull of mechs. I am thinking I might buy the Alpha Strike box this weekend. Mostly for the mini's, but I have an interest in terrain building as well. I might get another friend to play with us, and I think AS would be a better introduction then CBT's gritty record keeping.

I think most of the 'Mechs I own originate from the Star League / Succession Wars eras. I'm familiar with the setting somewhat through the video games (MW2, 3 & 5) up to the Clan Invasion, but those memories are from my childhood and relatively vague. We figured that starting out where BT started out itself would be the most sensible  :laugh:

Register