Author Topic: Mechwarrior 2nd ED Revised and Expanded  (Read 623 times)

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
Mechwarrior 2nd ED Revised and Expanded
« on: 07 June 2024, 22:07:07 »
So it's has been a long time and to start clean I am starting a new thread for this project.

While the project it still alive due to many (many!) medical and real life issues work has been agonizingly slow and in the last few months has been non-existent. But I have gotten back to a point that I will be working on the project more in the future.

As I stated before, due to the sporadic nature of the work I am able to do. I will not be providing a weekly (or monthly) update on the progress and will only be posting when there are major developments in the project or feedback is needed.

Feedback rule:
1. Suggestion for additions are welcome and will be examined but are not guaranties.
2. This is not 4th or 3rd.
3. Be respectful, Feedback is a discussion not a debate.

For those of you that are familiar with the precursor project, a lot has changed due to:
1. overpowered stats on some academes.   
2. some skills being redundant.
3. layout issues.
4. things I thought were good ideas at the time not being good ideas.  :tongue:

Daryk

• Major General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Mechwarrior 2nd ED Revised and Expanded
« Reply #1 on: 07 June 2024, 22:36:31 »
Glad to see you back at it, good sir! :)

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 09 June 2024, 21:34:26 »
Welcome back
May Life start treating you better...

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

cmerwin

• Warrant Officer
  • Clan Nova Cat: True to General Kerensky's Vision!
« Reply #3 on: 22 September 2024, 17:34:48 »
This is awesome! Thanks for this! I am starting a new MechWarrior 2nd edition game after a looooong time not playing it and wondered if anyone has any other homebrew resources?
"But the nova cat paced steadily on,
Undisturbed by the petty battles...
its heart and mind devoted to
The Ways of Seeing, devoted to a more perfect life.”
-- The Remembrance (Nova Cat), 50.5.26-32.

Daryk

• Major General
« Reply #4 on: 22 September 2024, 17:55:54 »
If you ever decide to try AToW, my sig block is about 50% homebrew stuff for that (including a spreadsheet to help with character creation). :)

cmerwin

• Warrant Officer
  • Clan Nova Cat: True to General Kerensky's Vision!
« Reply #5 on: 24 September 2024, 07:46:23 »
If you ever decide to try AToW, my sig block is about 50% homebrew stuff for that (including a spreadsheet to help with character creation). :)

Thanks! I think I've seen some of your stuff before and liked it! You have some impressive stuff. Your spreadsheet was the only way I made it through character creation.

I really really want to like AToW, but I can't. Character creation is just way over the top and combat is too crunchy. It feels like D&D 3.5 hit the gym and bulked up. I dream of something between Destiny and AToW: medium crunch, solid roleplaying, streamlined character creation, advancement, and combat. A good medium-heavy BattleTech roleplaying game with minis.
A guy can dream.

That said, I do find AToW and the Companion, from a design and GM perspective, a beautiful and impressive work for what it is.
« Last Edit: 24 September 2024, 08:15:41 by cmerwin »
"But the nova cat paced steadily on,
Undisturbed by the petty battles...
its heart and mind devoted to
The Ways of Seeing, devoted to a more perfect life.”
-- The Remembrance (Nova Cat), 50.5.26-32.

Daryk

• Major General
« Reply #6 on: 24 September 2024, 17:11:34 »
Thanks for the feedback!  If you ever need help with character creation, just give me a shout.  The units I've been posting down in the Non-Canon Units board lately are all populated by AToW characters.  For me, the process makes writing their backstories REALLY easy (they practically write themselves!).