Author Topic: (Answered) Infantry dismounting movement ranges / activation  (Read 1097 times)

Kastor

• Recruit
  • Clan Woof
Looking for clarification on this specific wording. Let's say I have a Clan OMNI mech and a point of Salamander BA riding on it (6"j).

The mech ends normal ground movement, then dismounts the infantry. According to this phrasing, I should place the Salamanders in b2b with the Mech and then as part of dismounting I can move them up to 3"j away from the base of the OMNI Mech?

Then, when the Salamanders themselves are activated, they can move their 6"j?

If the Salamanders are limited to the 3"j only, why is this phrasing of "as part of dismounting" present? Nothing in the rules seems to indicate that their own Movement action is forfeited. They only moved 3"j as part of dismounting?

« Last Edit: 16 July 2024, 14:38:19 by Xotl »

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Infantry dismounting movement ranges / activation
« Reply #1 on: 14 June 2024, 15:13:29 »
The initiative rules state that units that being the turn mounted do not get an movement/activation this turn.  Them dismounting during the turn doesn't change this.  The movement as part of the dismount is the only movement they get this turn.  They do not get to dismount (as part of the transport's move) and then move again on their own, because they don't have their own move this turn.

Mobile vs. Immobile (p. 32)
At the end of the paragraph insert the following:
If a unit begins the Movement Phase unable to move on its own, whether it is immobile, shutdown, or being transported, carried or
towed, the unit does not receive a movement this turn.
« Last Edit: 14 June 2024, 15:17:08 by nckestrel »
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Kastor

• Recruit
  • Clan Woof
Re: Infantry dismounting movement ranges / activation
« Reply #2 on: 14 June 2024, 15:18:22 »
Ah, I was missing that then. Thanks!

Register