Author Topic: MotW: Champion  (Read 3904 times)

Weirdo

• Painter of Borth the Magic Puma
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
  • We can do it. We have to.
    • Christina Dickinson Writes
Re: MotW: Champion
« Reply #90 on: 02 September 2024, 17:40:07 »
Well, there's the Cerberus with the Vestigial Hands quirk.  Hands can be used for picking up objects like cargo but don't count as having hand actuators for melee combat.

cheers,

Gabe

I remembered the gist of that quirk, but not the details. Are there any requirements for it that would otherwise disqualify the Champion?
My wife writes books

Sixteen tons means sixteen suits. CT must be repaired.

"Damn you, Weirdo... Damn you for being right!" - Paul

gyedid

• Captain
  • Always brighter on the other side of the mirror.
« Reply #91 on: 02 September 2024, 18:12:59 »
I just know what I read on Sarna:

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Design_Quirks#Vestigial_Hands

It doesn't say there whether it's mutually exclusive with No/Minimal Arms.  IIRC, the Cerberus has lower arm actuators.

Cheers,

Gabe
So, now I'm imagining people boxing up Overlords for loading as cargo.  "Nope, totally not a DropShip.  Everyone knows you can't fit a DropShip in a WarShip!  It's...a ten thousand ton box of marshmallows!  Yeah.  For the Heavy Guards big annual smores party."
--Arkansas Warrior, on the possibility of carrying Dropships as cargo in Warship cargo bays.

TERRAN SUPREMACY DEFENSE FORCE.  For when you want to send the SLDF, but couldn't afford the whole kit and kaboodle.

Gorgon

• Lieutenant
  • The little duchy that could
« Reply #92 on: 04 September 2024, 03:01:36 »
Campaign Operations lists no prerequisites for Vestigial Hands. Personally I still think that Easy to Pilot would be a good fit, too. Those arms might make it a bit easier to keep the balance on rough terrain.
Jude Melancon lives!