Author Topic: Getting back into MW5  (Read 242 times)

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
Getting back into MW5
« on: 15 August 2024, 23:09:57 »
Got it when it first came to console a few years back, but didn't play it much.

I got back into it a few weeks ago, this time on PS5 instead of PS4.  I feel like headshots are a lot easier, so I've been salvaging a lot of mechs in recent contracts, and thanks to a sale that ended yesterday I picked up all the DLCs save for Solaris Showdown fairly cheaply.

I also have a friend who just got the game, we're planning to do some co-op this weekend.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

elf25s

• Major
Re: Getting back into MW5
« Reply #1 on: 16 August 2024, 09:37:04 »
it was on a console? i am out of touch...
btw hit nexusmods if you play it on pc mech packs and equipment packs available make the game fresh again...
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #2 on: 16 August 2024, 14:19:12 »
I wonder how different it is on console.  Having the PC version of MW5, mod packs saves this game and gives it longevity.   You can add missing mechs, some features that makes the game much better.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #3 on: 16 August 2024, 15:06:14 »
Definitely no mods on console.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Register