Author Topic: Princess bot is not attacking  (Read 376 times)

Thomasmarik

• Private
Princess bot is not attacking
« on: 18 August 2024, 01:12:54 »
I am running the latest development build 49.20

I started a new campaign in mekHq and after setting up a random company, selected and moved to the contract and then waited for the first mission to populate.   Once the mission began I used mekHQ to launch into megamek.  All of the allied and enemy forces appeared to populate correctly. 

Once I began the mission everything appeared to be going normally.  we would take our turns to move and I would take a few long distance pot shots.  By round 3 we had closed the distance quite a bit and I noticed the enemies never seemed to fire at me.  My Bot controlled ally had no issues attacking but the enemy bot never fired.   I played through until round 7, intentionally trying to move myself into vulnerable positions.   the enemy bot would respond and move to take advantage of the vulnerabilities but never once fired with any of their units.

I looked through the settings I could find and checked to make sure the teams were correct.  They were and as I said my allied unit had no trouble attacking with me.  While an enemy that never attacks does make for light repair bills it does lack a certain fun.  Does anyone have any ideas or advice on how I might resolve this issue?

Sleet01

• Private
Re: Princess bot is not attacking
« Reply #1 on: 18 August 2024, 01:44:06 »
This is a bug in the Princess ammo selection code; in 0.49.20, she's only able to load ammo from attached trailers.  This is, of course, suboptimal.

The bug has been fixed in the development code and nightly builds for quite a while, but unfortunately there is no work-around to get Princess to use ammo weapons in 0.49.20.

On the plus side, it won't be too much longer before the next release!
- I laughed, I cried, I fell down, it changed my life... it was good!

Thomasmarik

• Private
Re: Princess bot is not attacking
« Reply #2 on: 18 August 2024, 09:41:05 »
ok.  I was fighting all vehicles and it didn't even occur to me that they were all using ammo based weapons.  That would also explain why the ally Locust wasn't firing his machine guns and only his Medium Laser.

Thanks for the update.  I'll keep poking around and refamiliarizing myself with things until the patch is implemented.

Register