Author Topic: Is Katana Tormark the new Bounty Hunter?  (Read 472 times)

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
Is Katana Tormark the new Bounty Hunter?
« on: 28 August 2024, 01:05:48 »
I was just looking at the Legendary Mechwarriors III pilot cards and noticed that the newest Bounty Hunter is a woman and "it's rumored that the Coordinator's inner circle know the Bounty Hunter's identity, but have remained silent out of some obligation to the new Hunter."  That just makes me wonder if it could be Katana since there are few other women who it would seem like Yori would keep their secret.  It also fits since the previous Bounty Hunters Jonathan Kamimori and Michi Fraser had ties to her (Jonathan targeted her and Michi worked with her quite a bit).  Nothing conclusive, but it would be interesting.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

BrianDavion

• Captain
Re: Is Katana Tormark the new Bounty Hunter?
« Reply #1 on: 28 August 2024, 02:28:36 »
yeah it's totally her. Shadow of the dragon ends with Yori going to see Katana, my ugess is Katana becomes the new BH and uses the identify to track down the conspirators from the novel. and when she finally gets it she may reclaim her identity and will gain status in the combine
The Suns will shine again

17thRecon

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 28 August 2024, 07:03:29 »
It’ll be good if she is. I’ve always felt her “ending” was vague and disappointing the way it had been left as captured and dead or in a dark dungeon somewhere (at least that’s the last I knew of her/ hadn’t read Shadow of the Dragon).

Why would Yori and Katana work together though? I kind of thought they’d be pretty hard set against each other, but I may have the more recent stories confused.

Shin_Fenris

• Master Sergeant
  • Honor never dies
    • 357th Infernal Division
« Reply #3 on: 28 August 2024, 07:21:12 »
It’ll be good if she is. I’ve always felt her “ending” was vague and disappointing the way it had been left as captured and dead or in a dark dungeon somewhere (at least that’s the last I knew of her/ hadn’t read Shadow of the Dragon).

Why would Yori and Katana work together though? I kind of thought they’d be pretty hard set against each other, but I may have the more recent stories confused.

Their enmity, I think, was more Toranaga setting them against each other than anything else. Personality conflicts and the whole Kurita-family massacre aside (which wasn't Yori's doing, obv), I think they have more in common than they do differences, at least where the Combine is concerned.

But I'd read Shadow of the Dragon, since it at least gives a solid look at where Yori is at mentally prior to the Toranaga brouhaha in The Damocles Sanction plus an insight into the "why" question.
If this battlefield is Hell, then it is our home and wherever we go, Hell and chaos shall follow.

Lead 'Mech Wrangler: 357th Infernal Division, NE USA
Tai-sa Shiro "Fenris" Takeda, Mercenary: Kuroi Kaze (MAD-6KK Marauder II)
Galaxy Commander Zane Schmitt, Clan Blood Spirit: Iota Galaxy (Blood Kite 2)
Captain Brutus "Bloodsport" Carver, Mercenary: Song's Sentinels (SQS-TH-002 Sasquatch)
CI Backer #138 Merc Backer #32

BrianDavion

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 28 August 2024, 13:51:15 »

vague and disappointing sums up the entire DC civil war. The Nova Cats deserved better
The Suns will shine again

Metallgewitter

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 28 August 2024, 16:24:52 »
So what happened with the predecessor? The guy who was obessing with Katana? Did he die? Usually when the Hunter dies he or she passes the armor to the next candidate which usually comes from his own circle of comrades

BaachicLitNerd

• Freelance Writer
  • Corporal
  • Tactical Shushing Action
« Reply #6 on: 28 August 2024, 16:29:23 »
What an interesting question.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #7 on: 28 August 2024, 18:23:24 »
So what happened with the predecessor? The guy who was obessing with Katana? Did he die? Usually when the Hunter dies he or she passes the armor to the next candidate which usually comes from his own circle of comrades

That was Jonathan Kamimori, and based on the text of the pilot cards, Michi Fraser came out of retirement to track him down and kill him.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #8 on: 28 August 2024, 18:24:03 »
What an interesting question.

I feel like someone here knows more than they're saying.  Not unusually when it comes to the Bounty Hunter.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #9 on: 28 August 2024, 20:05:29 »
« Last Edit: 28 August 2024, 20:07:10 by Sartris »

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

17thRecon

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: 28 August 2024, 21:58:12 »
The Bounty Hunter (whomever they may be) is currently riding a Marauder II, correct?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #11 on: 28 August 2024, 22:30:12 »
As of 3151, that's what the pilot card says.

17thRecon

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: 29 August 2024, 01:40:37 »
As of 3151, that's what the pilot card says.

Thanks. I didn’t opt for a Legendary III Forcepack in the Kickstarter, so that’s one I’m waiting to hit retail (a mistake in my selections, in hindsight).

The Mech then will give no real hint as to the identity of the current Bounty Hunter (I.e, not like the Bounty Hunter is all of a sudden piloting a Shiro or other iconic type DC Mech that could point to Katana).

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #13 on: 29 August 2024, 13:22:45 »
Pre-Kappa (ugh) arc, the last mech the BH was using was a Marauder II off of Irian's newly functional lines.  If Katana was given what the Hunter was equipped with pre-Kappa then a Marauder II makes sense.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Register