Author Topic: The Mount: Home of Clan Stone Lion  (Read 108911 times)

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
The Mount: Home of Clan Stone Lion
« on: 05 August 2011, 09:58:29 »
Thought our newest Clan rascals needed a home. Kerensky knows these ex-Horses won't be running with the herd on Circe any time soon.

Think they'll be talk of reconciliation or a similar absorption setup as the Hellions/Scorpions at some point down the road, or will the Stone Lions become the bane of the Horses when the Homeworld Clans eventually invade the Inner Sphere?

« Last Edit: 05 August 2011, 12:38:05 by Knightmare »
BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.
Yen Lo Wang = David Lo Pan

Nanaki

• Lieutenant
Re: The Mount: Home of Clan Stone Lion
« Reply #1 on: 05 August 2011, 10:41:40 »
You realize that this thread is going to get absorbed like the last one, right?

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #2 on: 05 August 2011, 10:44:01 »
You realize that this thread is going to get absorbed like the last one, right?

Probably...

BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 05 August 2011, 10:44:57 »
Yeah, let's fold this one back into the main WoR thread for now.  Give it a few weeks and then we'll put one up, at least to give people chances to read.  Unless the mods have a specific timeframe (if so please say) in mind for us to wait on posting CSL stuff, because I'm fooling around with the 100th Mech. Assault myself and kind of wanted to post something in Fan Units later.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #4 on: 05 August 2011, 10:48:53 »
I definitely didn't want to step on toes.

Thought the newest Clan offered some interesting possibilities. Guess we could certainly wait.

Mods: Please lock and trash this thread.

Edit: Hold, hold...
« Last Edit: 05 August 2011, 10:51:48 by Knightmare »

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 05 August 2011, 10:49:31 »
Please don't lock yet!  if it's okay let it stay, but if not let us know when we should wait till!

...I sure would like a new home thread.

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #6 on: 05 August 2011, 12:36:35 »
*sigh* At this point we have userbars and all of that, so this cat (pardon the pun) is pretty much out of the bag. So I'll tell you what.

This thread remains on three conditions:

1) If an admin (they're at the convention right now) come back and decide this isn't okay, this goes away. So if it vanishes suddenly, that's why.

2) Anything discussed from the book, you guys are using spoiler tags.

3) Any Baliuses left? Start modifying them with lion heads. I want some Voltron-looking lions with guns.

Kidding aside, serious on the spoiler tags. The name of the Clan, I guess we can't do much about, but PLEASE don't ruin this for people still trying to scrounge money for the PDF/wait for the paper version/just haven't finished the book yet. OK?
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #7 on: 05 August 2011, 12:38:21 »
Noted. Thanks Jade.

Redjack

• Corporal
  • No relation...
« Reply #8 on: 05 August 2011, 12:56:15 »
3) Any Baliuses left? Start modifying them with lion heads. I want some Voltron-looking lions with guns.

:D  That's such an awesome idea! Some slight additional structural/armor modification to the feet or legs and it could be called Nemaeus!
« Last Edit: 05 August 2011, 13:00:12 by Redjack »

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #9 on: 05 August 2011, 13:45:58 »
I swiped the logo and banner that ANS Kamas P81 posted\had made in the fan art section. I thought it came out looking pretty nice, so long as he doesn't request a trial of some sort I thought I'd sport the new colors. Is there any way to remove the background from the .png logo?
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #10 on: 05 August 2011, 13:54:24 »
Welcome honorable brother clan!!!

To the patient go the spoils

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #11 on: 05 August 2011, 13:56:09 »
Use Gimp, Fireworks or Photoshop and magic wand it away (or ask ANS kindly - he might do it for you.)

I do wonder how much "drift" will cause the Clan to change and define itself. I'm sure some of it's earliest Rites will stem from their progenitor Clans, but it'll be neat to see how they develop themselves.

Wonder if they'll have a Branding-type Ritual by hunting or taming a Stone Lion?...

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #12 on: 05 August 2011, 14:02:19 »
Use Gimp, Fireworks or Photoshop and magic wand it away (or ask ANS kindly - he might do it for you.)

I do wonder how much "drift" will cause the Clan to change and define itself. I'm sure some of it's earliest Rites will stem from their progenitor Clans, but it'll be neat to see how they develop themselves.

Wonder if they'll have a Branding-type Ritual by hunting or taming a Stone Lion?...

As I was reading that I had two 1 pound kittens climbing up my legs to tag team my keyboard. While I support your idea I believe that much destroying of uniforms will ensue if it is put into practise.
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #13 on: 05 August 2011, 14:05:23 »
The tattered tale of Stone Lion taming

Sounds like a Clanner kiddy book. Wonder how good their Clan Cartoon show is going to be now...

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #14 on: 05 August 2011, 14:13:05 »
The tattered tale of Stone Lion taming

Sounds like a Clanner kiddy book. Wonder how good their Clan Cartoon show is going to be now...

No uniform is complete without Stone Lion hair...

As to the background on the logo; looks like I'll have to grovel to have someone do it for me as I have neither the software or the know how to preform such a task. Yet another example of why one should think twice before majoring in a field of study that one likes as versus one that actually grants one useful skills  #P

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #15 on: 05 August 2011, 14:21:27 »
Since we're getting a WoR supplemental, how about a Stone Lion mini-update with a little more info on insignia/uniforms and such?

Never hurts to ask right?

Lord Harlock

• Captain
  • Watching from the Shadows
« Reply #16 on: 05 August 2011, 14:23:40 »
Personally to care on the Thundercats' Joke, I'd have gone with Cat's Lair.

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #17 on: 05 August 2011, 14:53:58 »
Personally to care on the Thundercats' Joke, I'd have gone with Cat's Lair.

Ugh, that one I might have deleted.  ;D
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Caturix

• Sergeant
  • Ex Astris, Scientia.
« Reply #18 on: 05 August 2011, 14:57:04 »
Stone seems to be a very popular name these days, what with all the Devlin Stone personality cult (Stone's Laments, Stone's this, Stone's that, ...), and now a new entity has arise and there it is : Stone in its name...

Looks like we're entering the Stone age ;) !!
"The Mechwarrior formerly known as Stenka"

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Konrad ' Hengist " Littman Highlander 732b
« Reply #19 on: 05 August 2011, 15:02:27 »
Ugh, that was bad...but so true...snarf!
Lyran Commonwealth,6th Donegal Guards-Nightstar
Marian Hegemony, II Legio-Cataphract
Clan Hell's Horses, Gamma Galaxy-Summoner
Clan Grinch goat- gamma goat.

verybad

• Lieutenant
« Reply #20 on: 05 August 2011, 15:17:33 »
Well it's a well known fact that Devlin Stone is ACTUALLY Devlin Stone Lion...

And now we have the answers.

Sound familiair to any of you when Jaime Wolf's name got fully explained?
« Last Edit: 05 August 2011, 15:20:23 by verybad »
Let Miley lick the hammers!

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #21 on: 05 August 2011, 15:26:31 »
Is Vin Diesel Delvillar really Devlin Stone?

verybad

• Lieutenant
« Reply #22 on: 05 August 2011, 15:28:48 »
Pictures don't lie.
Let Miley lick the hammers!

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #23 on: 05 August 2011, 15:34:34 »
I was looking through the personalities last night and was thinking "if this was a movie who would play them"
There was no doubt on the Delvillar

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: 05 August 2011, 15:41:26 »
Since the first days i played BT (1st Edition Box) and saw the Wolf Dragoons banner, i thought that would be cool with a lion instead ...

Hawkeye Jim

• Captain
  • I'm small but sneaky
« Reply #25 on: 05 August 2011, 16:05:33 »
The "Lion Dragoons". I'm not too sure about that....

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #26 on: 05 August 2011, 16:21:06 »
I wonder how many Stone Lions you'd have to kill to get fur trim on your coat? I don't think they're particularly large animals...

Open season! Pew, pew. I got one - wait, oh no there are more! *Bloody messy death*

One less for the diluted gene pool.

ShockaTime

• Captain
« Reply #27 on: 05 August 2011, 16:27:04 »
I have high hopes for these guys, and was really excited at the realization that a new clan was joining the fold.

Spirit Never Dies - Second Spirit Chasseurs - Clan Blood Spirit
Raven Alliance

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #28 on: 05 August 2011, 16:33:40 »
*sigh* At this point we have userbars and all of that, so this cat (pardon the pun) is pretty much out of the bag. So I'll tell you what.
This thread remains on three conditions:

1) If an admin (they're at the convention right now) come back and decide this isn't okay, this goes away. So if it vanishes suddenly, that's why.
Bargained well and done.  And fully agreed; I might request such things be merged into the Spoiler thread if it can be - just to give us a place to babble.

2) Anything discussed from the book, you guys are using spoiler tags.
Sure thing.

Actually what I want to see is five Procyons modded with mag-clamps that connect up...

Kidding aside, serious on the spoiler tags. The name of the Clan, I guess we can't do much about, but PLEASE don't ruin this for people still trying to scrounge money for the PDF/wait for the paper version/just haven't finished the book yet. OK?
Granted.  Though, at this point, the ToC is visible on the free preview at Drive Through RPG, and "Clan Stone Lion" is there for all to see.  Not that it's something you guys did, but it is technically no longer a secret.

Now some thoughts - rituals!  The fun part might be blooding rituals for the Lions.  Stalk and kill a lone male, sent out with nothing on you but your honor and your wits.  The fur is yours, as a group if it's a big cat and as an individual if they're not that big.  Call them the "Clawed" perhaps.  Are Stone Lions listed in any other books?
Or will they be in the Clans Field Report, since they were formed prior to the 3079 dateline for that publication?

Also, side note, my color scheme is entirely fabricated and entirely based on the Thundercats logo; the entire userbar is nothing but some loving leg-pulling.  So fully expect things to change...

...meanwhile I got me some photoshopping to do.  Where can I find me a good mechacat face, I wonder.

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #29 on: 05 August 2011, 16:46:08 »
i'm going to weigh in here as a bog fan of these guys, i've already expressed my excitement over the origin of this clan and the way they fought like a bunch of champs. on top of that they've maintained the similar tactics to the horses
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

Register