Author Topic: “Save” the Jags  (Read 143290 times)

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
Re: “Save” the Jags
« Reply #810 on: 23 February 2023, 19:12:22 »

It’s a brave, new world when Warhawk omnimechs don’t appear on a Jag MUL but Simian battle armor does...
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #811 on: 23 February 2023, 19:35:07 »
Unless something has changed, that listing has been around for a little while. It's, on the whole, a delightful mix of old standbys, Dark Age staples, and some decidedly top-end Republic equipment that I'm guessing are from the Fidelis days. Though, NK is right about the Warhawk. The NuJags just need some time to step out to the Scorpion Empire and reclaim the pride of Clan Smoke Jaguar.

Now we just need some paint schemes for all these toys.
« Last Edit: 23 February 2023, 20:09:29 by Crimson Dynamo »
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #812 on: 23 February 2023, 20:12:23 »
I figured that would be the case. From what's up there right now I like the sprinkling of former Republic 'Mechs in there.

This may be a weird request, but is there any way to add a feature to remove the Clan General/IS General units from the faction lists? Some times I'm looking to see what units are limited or unique to a faction

search via the Units tab http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Filter

going through Factions will always attach the associated general list

http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Filter?Name=&HasBV=false&MinTons=&MaxTons=&MinBV=&MaxBV=&MinIntro=&MaxIntro=&MinCost=&MaxCost=&HasBFAbility=&MinPV=&MaxPV=&BookAuto=&FactionAuto=&Factions=98

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #813 on: 24 February 2023, 08:36:26 »
If you use the search feature it will do that.

Ie search for nuJags it will only return nuJag listings rather than nuJag and clan General. Use the faction filters
search via the Units tab http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Filter

going through Factions will always attach the associated general list

http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Filter?Name=&HasBV=false&MinTons=&MaxTons=&MinBV=&MaxBV=&MinIntro=&MaxIntro=&MinCost=&MaxCost=&HasBFAbility=&MinPV=&MaxPV=&BookAuto=&FactionAuto=&Factions=98

Thank you very much to you both, I didn't realize that was the way to do that.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #814 on: 23 March 2023, 13:01:18 »
So I just discovered the Iron Cheetah “ ultimate “ assault Mech the jags created very shortly before their first death. It’s noted as being very rare so in the battle for huntress would that have been restricted to the ilkhan bodyguard and brandon Howell’s keshik?

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #815 on: 23 March 2023, 20:45:25 »
Maybe a couple in those units. The MUL lists the Combine as the only user until the Republic-era when the Sharks starting making them again, and IIRC supplied them exclusively to the RotS. So, the majority of the design was in the OZ with the Touman and fell there, to be salvaged by the DCMS with apparently few to none in the Homeworlds for the other Clans to claim.
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #816 on: 23 March 2023, 21:23:46 »
Yeah, Huntress was getting the dregs of the Jaguars' resources, it's vanishingly unlikely that anyone would have had an Iron Cheetah there.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #817 on: 25 March 2023, 21:56:21 »
Yeah, Huntress was getting the dregs of the Jaguars' resources, it's vanishingly unlikely that anyone would have had an Iron Cheetah there.

Right I assume the garrison forces which were noted as using 2nd or 3rd line tech I know would not but for example the shroud keshik of brandon Howell prob would?

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #818 on: 25 March 2023, 22:26:10 »
Personally, I can't imagine the Jaguars' capital world wouldn't have had at least some Iron Cheetahs on hand.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Escorpion Imperio • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #819 on: 26 March 2023, 00:57:32 »
Did you read the Twilight of the Clans novels?  The galaxy that was stationed on Huntress was forced to use rusty relics of the Succession Wars that had been salvaged during the Invasion because everything else had been stripped from them for use by forces in the Invasion Corridor.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #820 on: 26 March 2023, 01:28:04 »
Well, that's pretty lame if you ask me. I get it, but it's lame nonetheless. Imagine Lootera being properly defended by Iron Cheetahs, Warhawks (from the on-world factories) and Ebon Jaguars.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Escorpion Imperio • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #821 on: 26 March 2023, 01:56:33 »
Yeah, well, it's what you after 300 years of an economy that was run by muscleheads who thought that supply shortages could always be solved by beating up someone else and taking their stuff and didn't understand the importance of building your own gear.

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #822 on: 26 March 2023, 06:38:30 »
Which thankfully isn't exactly borne out by some of the other sources out there that deal with Jaguars, including the very existence of the high-end Iron Cheetah that prompted this line of discussion. The basic scenario of post-Tukayyid CSJ is one that required some substantial industrial power to maintain the tempo of rebuilding. The two Huntress Galaxies were supplementing their ranks with 3050+ IS designs per the TotC scenario pack and 3055U, as the dregs of the entire Touman and a posting of shame, but even they had access to Clan BattleMechs like the Stone Rhino and some OmniMechs. And yes, TK, I too assume the output from those factories got redirected once SERPENT appeared.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #823 on: 26 March 2023, 15:51:32 »
It’s a brave, new world when Warhawk omnimechs don’t appear on a Jag MUL but Simian battle armor does...

Ewwwwww
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #824 on: 03 April 2023, 15:42:15 »
Well, that's pretty lame if you ask me. I get it, but it's lame nonetheless. Imagine Lootera being properly defended by Iron Cheetahs, Warhawks (from the on-world factories) and Ebon Jaguars.

Was the iron cheetah factory destroyed by serpent or accidentally during the WOR?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #825 on: 03 April 2023, 15:50:02 »
According to the write up in Recognition Guide 19, the factory on Huntress was destroyed by Task Force Serpent.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #826 on: 03 April 2023, 15:54:10 »
According to the write up in Recognition Guide 19, the factory on Huntress was destroyed by Task Force Serpent.

Thanks! Hmmm… storyline wise how did the sharks get the specs to build it then? Did they “ acquire”
Few battered hulks from huntress?

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #827 on: 03 April 2023, 16:16:47 »
Thanks! Hmmm… storyline wise how did the sharks get the specs to build it then? Did they “ acquire”
Few battered hulks from huntress?
Close, some Jaguar technicians used the design specs to barter and the specs made their way to a Shark merchant. It doesn't say if the techs directly bartered with the Shark merchant or if the specs passed through other hands first

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #828 on: 03 April 2023, 16:20:53 »
Close, some Jaguar technicians used the design specs to barter and the specs made their way to a Shark merchant. It doesn't say if the techs directly bartered with the Shark merchant or if the specs passed through other hands first

Wantec you again come through with great info. Thank you sir. Something I have been fascinated by is the notion that the sharks did try to assemble a force to save the jags and if they had succeeded there was some great tech and salvage on huntress. How they would have held it TBD but I enjoy the thought experiment

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #829 on: 26 May 2023, 18:41:16 »
Wantec you again come through with great info. Thank you sir. Something I have been fascinated by is the notion that the sharks did try to assemble a force to save the jags and if they had succeeded there was some great tech and salvage on huntress. How they would have held it TBD but I enjoy the thought experiment

Story line wise how did they square the sharks voting against helping the jags in the grand council but then trying to send a relief force later?

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #830 on: 27 May 2023, 15:15:33 »
Story line wise how did they square the sharks voting against helping the jags in the grand council but then trying to send a relief force later?
Unlike the Wolverines, the Jaguar "annihilation" was more of an annihilation of the touman. Plenty of Jaguar lower castes, enclaves, and other resources made it into the hands of the other clans. In this case I don't think it was a relief force, but more a case of the Jag technicians made their way through clan space and in their travels had to trade the specs for further passage/supplies/etc.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
Re: Save the Jags
« Reply #831 on: 19 July 2023, 14:25:52 »
Each Kindraa goes their own way afaik, so only way the Khans would know was if one was a Mick-Kreese or part of another Kindraa which found out.  Such things have come back to bite the Mandrills in the arse, such as when one Kindraa pissed off the Coyotes and Horses enough for them to wage a campaign to wipe them out.

If the mandrills in the mentioned scenario seized and attempted to hold say a factory on huntress from the SLDF but did not venture beyond that is still a no no?

Blkbr2020

• Corporal
« Reply #832 on: 20 July 2023, 15:06:58 »
Did you read the Twilight of the Clans novels?  The galaxy that was stationed on Huntress was forced to use rusty relics of the Succession Wars that had been salvaged during the Invasion because everything else had been stripped from them for use by forces in the Invasion Corridor.

I guess the one counter to that would have been if a few Iron Cheetahs made if back from the OZ with the reinforcements that Hang Mehta and Paul Moon landed with. I'm hoping we see a few new Iron Cheetah configs moving forward. The one new configuration in the Rec Guide was not exactly what I was hoping for....so expensive.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #833 on: 20 July 2023, 16:31:40 »
I'm sure we'll get further Iron Cheetah variants moving forward- TPTB love introducing new omni configs, after all.  There was probably a limit on how many could be in the Rec Guide- there were six variants in there already.

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #834 on: 21 July 2023, 06:43:50 »
For the Rec Guides there was a limit on configs, but it was a case of making it fit on the page(s) not a strict limit of 3, 4, etc. configs.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #835 on: 21 August 2023, 08:29:01 »

Following up on this. Was hawker bullied into voting no by his blood named leaders but than had a change of heart?

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #836 on: 08 January 2024, 16:42:13 »
I'm sure we'll get further Iron Cheetah variants moving forward- TPTB love introducing new omni configs, after all.  There was probably a limit on how many could be in the Rec Guide- there were six variants in there already.

I don’t have my novel handy but I believe the text explicitly states that the ultra elite jag relief force which Osis brought in included “fresh off the assembly line” units so one could retcon some of dire wolfs as iron cheetahs? Taking that a bit further I imagine with that pace of battle it might have been tough to tell the difference…

Church14

• Lieutenant
« Reply #837 on: 08 January 2024, 19:46:44 »
I don’t have my novel handy but I believe the text explicitly states that the ultra elite jag relief force which Osis brought in included “fresh off the assembly line” units so one could retcon some of dire wolfs as iron cheetahs? Taking that a bit further I imagine with that pace of battle it might have been tough to tell the difference…

“The damn war book is having an episode.”
“What’s it saying.”
“Timber wolf, dire wolf, Timber wolf, dire wolf. It gave up and said “Madishi”

BrianDavion

• Captain
« Reply #838 on: 11 January 2024, 03:35:06 »
For the Rec Guides there was a limit on configs, but it was a case of making it fit on the page(s) not a strict limit of 3, 4, etc. configs.

yeah so far all the varients seem mostly brawleresque, would be nice to see a varient designed for long range work,
The Suns will shine again

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #839 on: 20 February 2024, 19:56:20 »
“The damn war book is having an episode.”
“What’s it saying.”
“Timber wolf, dire wolf, Timber wolf, dire wolf. It gave up and said “Madishi”

Who got the bulk of the jag salvage after huntress?