Author Topic: The Corrupt-a-wish-o-matic.  (Read 97435 times)

Diamondshark

• Lieutenant
  • Bringing back the enlightenment to the Star League
Re: The Corrupt-a-wish-o-matic.
« Reply #900 on: 26 May 2014, 18:22:10 »
Your wish is granted. Time travel is never used in scifi, but it features heavily in absolutely every single other genre.

I wish that I could make enough money to last until I get another job after the school year.
"We are the Clans, the Star League incarnate.
None can stand against us and survive."

-- The Remembrance, Passage 272, Verse 8, Lines 18-19

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #901 on: 16 June 2014, 15:36:27 »
Your wish is granted, you get enough money to last the year!  Unfortunately, you discover that it was stolen and copper bagged you for the crime!

I wish there was a video game version Grand Theft Auto set in the Battletech universe.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

ClarkeMarek

• Captain
  • The original
« Reply #902 on: 16 June 2014, 17:25:55 »
Your wish is granted, you get enough money to last the year!  Unfortunately, you discover that it was stolen and copper bagged you for the crime!

I wish there was a video game version Grand Theft Auto set in the Battletech universe.

"You can have my Mech when you pry the neurohelmet from my cold dead carcass."
"I consider the challenge....acceptable, freebirth."

:D

Oh, wait, grant and corrupt, right?  OK, they make one, but it's only available for the Nokia N Gage, and there's more copies of "Rifts:  Promise of Power" out than there ever will be for this game. :)

If that isn't a full fledged corruption, I dunno what is. :P

I wish I didn't have to pay my speeding ticket.
"Son, if dynamite was dangerous, do you think they'd sell it to an idiot like me?"~Al Bundy
Five rounds, rapid!

awclawson

• Captain
« Reply #903 on: 25 June 2014, 18:53:08 »
I wish I didn't have to pay my speeding ticket.

Granted.  The judge finds you innocent.  The cop is not happy and knows where you live.

I wish I had no worries.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy states: "There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. Its knack lies in learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties."

ClarkeMarek

• Captain
  • The original
« Reply #904 on: 25 June 2014, 21:22:38 »
Congratulations.  You have no worries.  You have no cares.  Cause you're a bald headed son of a gun without hair.  Haven't seen Major Payne in ages.   :D   And sadly, that constitutes a corrupted wish.

I wish I had another job.
"Son, if dynamite was dangerous, do you think they'd sell it to an idiot like me?"~Al Bundy
Five rounds, rapid!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #905 on: 26 June 2014, 07:07:08 »
Your wish is granted, now you have exclusive clean up job at the hotel complex after Origins convention is closed and you get to do it all by yourself.

I wish was able to go to GenCon or Origins
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

awclawson

• Captain
« Reply #906 on: 27 August 2014, 07:16:11 »
Granted. You now have the means to go. However they are now over.

I wish I had a pen that would never run out of black ink no matter how much I use it.  It has to be yellow.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy states: "There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. Its knack lies in learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties."

Red Ronin

• Private
  • When guns fail, hope TSM is active
« Reply #907 on: 27 August 2014, 08:39:26 »
Granted - except it is always spewing black ink even when not in use, ruining countless shirts and papers. >:D

I wish we could get a decent Battletech TV series
Query: Anyone else think Zellbrigen should be renamed Combat IIC?

Terrace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #908 on: 27 August 2014, 09:23:21 »
Granted. Except it's airing in another country that will never, ever, export it to where you live, and it'll be canceled before the first season ends because of terrible ratings.

I wish to be the richest man in the world.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #909 on: 27 August 2014, 19:20:25 »
You wish is granted, you now the richest man in world.  However "richest" is defined by C-Bills which don't exist in real world.

I wish I had fastest motorcycle in the world.

Grognard

• Lieutenant
  • BTU.org & LotB.com Member
« Reply #910 on: 27 August 2014, 22:04:25 »
Granted: you are now the owner of the fastest motorcycle in the world.

However: you become the fastest owner to ever wreck the fastest motorcycle in the world.

I wished I owned a real, functional medium laser.

GROGNARD:  An old, grumpy soldier, a long term campaigner (Fr); Someone who enjoys playing tactics and strategy based board wargames;  a game fan who will buy every game released in a certain genre of computer game (RTS, or computer role-playing game, etc.)

ClarkeMarek

• Captain
  • The original
« Reply #911 on: 27 August 2014, 22:10:12 »
Wish granted.  You own a real, functional medium laser.  However, you get in trouble with the FAA(amongst other government agencies) for aiming it and firing it at a Cessna.

I wish I could MARS/CAP a radio! :)
Five rounds, rapid!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #912 on: 21 September 2014, 22:04:38 »
Your wish is granted and your MARs radio is CAP.  Unfortunately too many people don't know what that is, so you get a radio shape of Mars with ice cap on it.

I wish a Blackwatch wasn't badly done Mech.

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #913 on: 22 September 2014, 03:30:59 »
I wish a Blackwatch wasn't badly done Mech.

Granted! Now, the canon variants of the Black Watch are the gold standard of which all 'mechs are compared to.
This means, of course, that all 'mechs are similar or worse then the Black watch.

I wish the newspaper delivery at work was predictable, dependable, and reliable, and early or on time every day.
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

sir_spamalot

• Major
  • Pip pip Spammy O. Jolly good can then.
    • Really Pathetic Productions
« Reply #914 on: 24 September 2014, 16:43:40 »
Granted. But you also find you've gone back in time to 1930 when newspapers and radio were taken more seriously.

I wish for more amusing stories about the fails of I Phone 6.   ;)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #915 on: 24 September 2014, 21:09:41 »
Your wish is granted, however Apples they described are from a Farm and their landing on people's heads.

I wish there were more comical stories involving BattleMechs and LAMs.

awclawson

• Captain
« Reply #916 on: 27 October 2014, 07:42:32 »
Granted. Disney gets hold of battletech and infuses their teen and pre-teen characters into the story line. The whole BT story line is a laugh track comedy now.

I wish for a never ending and never cooling cup of coffee.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #917 on: 30 October 2014, 08:01:56 »
Your wish is granted, you are given your coffee.  However you discover that its so hot it metals steel.

I wish sub-orbital spacecraft used for passenger service across continents would become reality today.

Trajan Helmer

• Lieutenant
  • Better and calmer than you
« Reply #918 on: 03 November 2014, 02:47:48 »
Granted!  Unfortunately, the suborbital passenger shuttle services crash every time a John Denver song is played during flight.

I wish CGL would immediately offer those glitzy Alpha Strike cards in Technical Readout Decks according to each TRO's units.  [drool]

I'd have so little money right now.
Anyone can redesign the Hellbringer's base chassis.  Real men work only with the pod loadout- Natasha K (forum poster)

Do not taunt Happy Fun Aegis. http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,42045.msg968574.html#msg968574

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #919 on: 08 November 2014, 20:45:45 »
Your wish is granted, you have plenty of money. However it turns out its stolen money that marked and police have come for you!

I wish lag wasn't so bad on the internet.

Red Ronin

• Private
  • When guns fail, hope TSM is active
« Reply #920 on: 03 December 2014, 13:12:34 »
Granted. You no longer experience internet lag. Instead, you find reality has picked up lag.

I wish I had some functional battle armor...
Query: Anyone else think Zellbrigen should be renamed Combat IIC?

Caedis Animus

• Captain
  • How can a bird be sultry? Very carefully.
« Reply #921 on: 03 December 2014, 23:13:58 »
Granted, but it has no weapons or stealth systems, only armor. And not a lot.

I wish I had a talking cat for a friend.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #922 on: 03 December 2014, 23:58:03 »
Your wish is granted, you now have a talking cat.  Unfortunately, he likes talk behind your back gossiping about you to the neighbors. 

I wish computer won't keep crapping out and giving expensive repair bill.

awclawson

• Captain
« Reply #923 on: 04 December 2014, 07:14:43 »
Granted. You no longer have any computer.

I wish for a delicious piece of juicy cooked ham.
« Last Edit: 04 December 2014, 10:13:41 by awclawson »

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #924 on: 04 December 2014, 08:58:45 »
I wish for a delicious piece of jusy cooked ham.

Granted! You get Bugs Bunny on a spit. (what? he even admitted on several occasions that he was
"such a ham")

I wish Sy-fy had stayed The Sci-Fi Channel, and was successful, both financially and culturally, airing
nothing but great science-fiction.
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #925 on: 04 December 2014, 10:47:22 »
Granted, but it's only available in Iraq, China, and for some reason, in North Korea.

I wish I had a terabyte flash drive.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #926 on: 04 December 2014, 12:10:00 »
You wish is granted, you have a Terabyte Drive. However the Corrupt-a-wish-o-matic misheard you and gave you a kilobyte drive instead.

I wish the next Star Wars movies weren't being made by Disney.

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #927 on: 04 December 2014, 17:28:30 »
Granted, but they are directed by Uwe Boll and made by Syfy.

I wish I knew what the best-tasting food ever was.

wolfgar

• Captain
  • Wolfson's Heavy Raiders: 3058-3092
« Reply #928 on: 04 December 2014, 20:04:37 »
Granted: you are hereby notified that the best tasting food in the world ever is Haggis.

I wish I could find a way to pay back the idiots i work with.   >:D
Wolf wins every fight but one, and in that one he dies, his fangs locked on the throat of his opponent.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #929 on: 07 December 2014, 21:51:48 »
You wish is granted.  A bank gives you a loan to pay back your idiots you work for.
Unfortunately, it will be could decades till you pay off the loan.

I wish the holidays weren't so darn expensive.

Register