Author Topic: TRO 3145--Federated Suns  (Read 188298 times)

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
Re: TRO 3145--Federated Suns
« Reply #360 on: 03 June 2013, 21:50:46 »
Mercenaries was all Plog.
I have spoken.

Nerroth

• Captain
« Reply #361 on: 03 June 2013, 21:51:48 »
I do not like the sound of this hunt. Additionally, The Sea Fox and the Vulpes are Federated Designs that we had nothing to do with!?!?

The Foxhunt is the name of a spec ops team being deployed on the Capellan front. One of the notable pilots for the Gunsmith is among them.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #362 on: 03 June 2013, 21:52:40 »
Really liking that Paladin Defence System and the Destruer Siege vehicle
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

3rdCrucisLancers

• SAVAGE
  • Freelance Writer
  • Captain
  • Smallest star in the firmament
« Reply #363 on: 03 June 2013, 21:53:21 »
I think the Vulpes looks pretty dumb, but overall I don't feel qualified to pass judgement on anything else from the TRO. I feel kinda old now, think I may have to stick with earlier eras where I still recognize all the gadgets.
Fighter of the Nightman (ah-ah-ah)
Champion of the Sun (ah-ah-ah)

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #364 on: 03 June 2013, 21:54:05 »
Guess we need to figure out what a re-engineers laser is
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #365 on: 03 June 2013, 21:57:08 »
According to Era Report 3145 reflective armor basically has no effect against it.
I have spoken.

sillybrit

• Major
« Reply #366 on: 03 June 2013, 21:59:45 »
Additionally, The Sea Fox and the Vulpes are Federated Designs that we had nothing to do with!?!?

How do you get that impression about the Sea Fox?

It's a Suns design that uses some of the Clantech that they obtained when they traded with the Sharks for the Undine back in 3068/3069. Given that the Inner Sphere is becoming more capable with Clantech in general, it only makes sense that the AFFS would finally considering rolling out a design using the long forgotten UMU. Apart from the UMU, the rest of the suit is pure Inner Sphere.

Decoy

• Captain
« Reply #367 on: 03 June 2013, 22:05:21 »
Something else to consider is that the Fox is the emblem of the Davion family. It's why most of the MI services have nicknames that pun off of the name.

"I invented (the drink) PPCs in a time before the internet showed me the depth of human stupidity."-Michael Stackpole.

Kotetsu

• Captain
« Reply #368 on: 03 June 2013, 22:09:13 »
Marik would have a total of sixteen posts... weeks after its release.  ;D

Depends on what will be in it...

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #369 on: 03 June 2013, 22:20:48 »
The Foxhunt is the name of a spec ops team being deployed on the Capellan front. One of the notable pilots for the Gunsmith is among them.

As soon as I saw what you wrote I searched the pdf for it. :) for Strategic Sea Fox reasons.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Aldous

• Lieutenant
« Reply #370 on: 03 June 2013, 22:22:08 »
So... Davion lost another warship on New Syrtis called the New Syrtis!

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #371 on: 03 June 2013, 22:22:54 »
How do you get that impression about the Sea Fox?

It's a Suns design that uses some of the Clantech that they obtained when they traded with the Sharks for the Undine back in 3068/3069. Given that the Inner Sphere is becoming more capable with Clantech in general, it only makes sense that the AFFS would finally considering rolling out a design using the long forgotten UMU. Apart from the UMU, the rest of the suit is pure Inner Sphere.

I had considered the Undine connection. The connection that evicted us from the homeworlds. >.> and has been mentioned. Like the rabid fox davion is rather foxy. About to get more Foxy with Julian's current chariot.

Nebfer

• Lieutenant
« Reply #372 on: 03 June 2013, 22:23:36 »
  I'd be curious to see full specs on these 'Re-engineered lasers', myself, because I'm not sure I'm seeing any up-side to them at the moment.  Two crits, 2.5 tons, 7 heat, and only 3/6/9 range?  That's a lot of compromises for the sake of a one-point increase in damage; unless they have advantages that haven't been revealed yet, I'd think you'd be better off mounting pairs of AoW-style MLs....  :-\

The entry for the Prey Seeker mentions that it's more effective on laser reflective armor than other lasers.
With the current stats of
DMG: 6
HT: 7
RNG: 3/6/9/12 (extreme range)
Crits: 2
Mass: 2.5t

Their should be something to make them worth while. If the Pray Seeker entry is right then being more effective on reflective armors would give them a reasonable use (though that would depend on what kind of bonus...).

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #373 on: 03 June 2013, 22:28:01 »
Love the fluff in this TRO, rough and tumble FedSun troopers slowly yelding ground to invaders.  Really something.

I'm disappointed in the Atlas III, i really had hope they went with Omni version.  HAG version maybe better boom stick to it vs the rotary pop gun on it for commanders to try play keep away.

Templar III answered the question where Julian Davion and other MWDA heros/villians were getting their "Warhammer" configured Templars from.  I wish they explain the lack of a "II" in the name, then again Enforcers III didn't have II either.

So amazed how so many light units got in here with heavy doss of artillery.   I'm not sure i can use these big boys artillery pieces in typical game i play.  Hoperfully Battleforce/Alpha Strike will make them more playable in the field.

With couple acceptions, the 'Mechs felt like they were undergunned in comparison to other 3 faction books that have come out within last month.   Mercenaries my no1, but DC looking over take it.  CC is my third.  I'm still absorbing FS but its not my favorate.  I wasn't big fan of the handless Black Knight, now its canon variant successor to the old one.
« Last Edit: 04 June 2013, 20:08:17 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Aldous

• Lieutenant
« Reply #374 on: 03 June 2013, 22:29:15 »
The entry for the Prey Seeker mentions that it's more effective on laser reflective armor than other lasers.
With the current stats of
DMG: 6
HT: 7
RNG: 3/6/9/12 (extreme range)
Crits: 2
Mass: 2.5t

Their should be something to make them worth while. If the Pray Seeker entry is right then being more effective on reflective armors would give them a reasonable use (though that would depend on what kind of bonus...).

Any effect on other armors?

Davout73

• Captain
« Reply #375 on: 03 June 2013, 22:31:50 »
I have to admit, my heart soared a little when I saw the Zibler name.   

Course now I have to come up with a similar one for my Alt-U...

Dav
Kiiro no Torii, a Battletech AU, found here:
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,7316.0.html
Interview with a Mercenary, found here: http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,319.0.html
Every Man Must Be Tempted, a KNT Universe series: https://bg.battletech.com/forums/fan-fiction/every-man-must-be-tempted
"Violence is the last resort of the incompetent, because the competent use it when it could do some good."

Crunch

• Lieutenant
« Reply #376 on: 03 June 2013, 22:35:15 »
Since when has money been a hindrance for fedrats?

Since Cray decided C Bills would be the only force creation option for IO?
It's really, it's a very, very beautiful poem to giant monsters. Giant monsters versus giant robots.
G. Del Toro

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #377 on: 03 June 2013, 22:36:24 »
Man. What is with the Black Knights speed?

Also the Vulpes is amazing
« Last Edit: 03 June 2013, 22:39:11 by Kitsune413 »

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
« Reply #378 on: 03 June 2013, 22:36:57 »
Man. What is with the Black Knights speed?

Medium Shields slow you down

OpacusVenatori

• Master Sergeant
  • Honor above all, Except of Vengance
« Reply #379 on: 03 June 2013, 22:37:47 »
I found an Errata in the Templar III, the A config list ammo for 2 tons of LRM ammo and 2 tons of SRM, but the crits distribution indicates 2  (one of each type). The last is correct because building the variant as wrote in the TRO is exceeded by 2 tons.,
While some fight with honor, Others win battles

Crunch

• Lieutenant
« Reply #380 on: 03 June 2013, 22:38:47 »
Love the fluff in this TRO, rough and tumble FedSun troopers slowly yelding ground to invaders.  Really something.

So the standard Cappella Uber Alles BS and nothing resembling a win. Check.
It's really, it's a very, very beautiful poem to giant monsters. Giant monsters versus giant robots.
G. Del Toro

BirdofPrey

• Major
« Reply #381 on: 03 June 2013, 22:39:45 »
OOOH, finally have something I have wanted: a omni-hover.
I'll have to add one of them to my group that has the Ajax and Manteuffel.  It even has a few C3 options.

So that arms quirk, I wonder what that will do, but you can bet that would cover the firemoth too.

Marwynn

• Major
« Reply #382 on: 03 June 2013, 22:42:27 »
Look at the fluff for the Fusilier: it states that the Reflective Armour used by the upgraded model crumpled because of "falling building spars and damage suffered in the building's collapse". Which is odd because BA Reflec doesn't suffer any of the drawbacks of 'Mech-grade Reflec, according to TacOps Errata 3.03 (I just learned about it so it's fresh in my mind).

It's just fluff, I know.

I envy you Davions your omni-hover...

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
« Reply #383 on: 03 June 2013, 22:42:48 »
I'm going to run that Scarecrow one day, even though I might feel bad for the poor dirt stompers I just have to try it out.
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #384 on: 03 June 2013, 22:49:30 »
The Vulpes fits right in with the Davion stuff in my mind. Looking at the stats (not the artwork) it's a heavier, special forces Legionnaire. It's got a central RAC5, an ER Laser on each arm (upgraded to clan tech and larges), and it's fast for its tonnage.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #385 on: 03 June 2013, 22:53:49 »
So the standard Cappella Uber Alles BS and nothing resembling a win. Check.

The TRO is published in 3145 when the Davion's are losing ground. So nothing has changed since the year hasn't changed. There are one or two captured units used effectively by the other factions. But for the most part, the TRO presents a collection of absolutely beautiful (That Zibler Hover Sports Car-Tank is amazing) vehicles and mechs. All of which have really interesting stats.

Its a great buy for any FedSuns player wanted to see the awesome new units they've got. Or for any DC or CC player to blow up or (Hopefully!) capture some awesome equipment.

If you are a Federated Suns player and want to know how the Suns are fighting tooth and nail against their would be conquerers its a wonderful purchase.

If you are a Federated Suns player with an axe to grind its worth buying so that you will have absolutely awesome mechs, vehicles and Fighters (Those fighters are gorgeous) on the field for when you flip the table.

Anyone from those three factions should take the plunge. :D Or anyone else as well! Looking forward to driving Vulpes around.

Edit: I think you'll find what you want to see in the TRO Crunch. :) But I hope that you start wanting to find something else from Battletech soon.
« Last Edit: 03 June 2013, 22:55:49 by Kitsune413 »

Lord Harlock

• Captain
  • Watching from the Shadows
« Reply #386 on: 03 June 2013, 22:55:02 »
So... Davion lost another warship on New Syrtis called the New Syrtis!

It was the mostly likely one of the Foxes to die since we never knew if its jump engine ever got repaired. And it was basically in orbit around New Syrtis. Though I wish someone else would lose their warships for once.

Crunch

• Lieutenant
« Reply #387 on: 03 June 2013, 23:04:33 »

Edit: I think you'll find what you want to see in the TRO Crunch. :) But I hope that you start wanting to find something else from Battletech soon.

Mostly I'm just waiting out this run before giving up on the game. I get enough abuse and hopelessness in my everyday life without investing in year 21 of the same old BS.
G. Del Toro

Aldous

• Lieutenant
« Reply #388 on: 03 June 2013, 23:06:06 »
It was the mostly likely one of the Foxes to die since we never knew if its jump engine ever got repaired. And it was basically in orbit around New Syrtis. Though I wish someone else would lose their warships for once.

Don't worry. I'm sure we'll find out Davion had 4 warships and only lost 2 thus putting them in an equal footing with DC and CC.

Ghostbear_Gurdel

• Lieutenant
  • Live by the Sword...
« Reply #389 on: 03 June 2013, 23:09:48 »
Okay the Centurion III alone is almost worth the price of admission. The Centurion series has always been one of my favorite lines of mechs, and this is no different. Every variant feels like a Centurion, even the melee variant.

Also, I like the use of the shields in this book. It seems that every faction has a signature armor type, Cappies get Stealth, the DC gets Hardened, and the Fedsuns gets shields. Having just double checked the rules, the reduction of incoming damage is a real nice touch. I look forward to seeing these new Davion mechs in the field against my Combine force.
"The real question is, just how badly do you want to pound your opponent?  You can do things to your opponent with an ASF that are illegal in 39 states and 14 countries, and that's without even trying hard." - Paladin1
Member No. 3 of the JM6 haters club

Register