Author Topic: MOTW: Flamberge  (Read 26678 times)

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
Re: MOTW: Flamberge
« Reply #90 on: 20 May 2024, 07:27:36 »
It's certainly within the realm of possibility- the Falcons seem to have looked to prior designs when making their 'totem' Mechs of the Dark Age, with the Eyrie being a natural evolution of the Cougar-XR, and the Shrike being unmistakably a long-range take on the Onager. (The Gyrfalcon seems to have been based on the nightmares of every single Mechwarrior ever). So following that, it makes sense that their new heavy would be based on the lessons learned from the previous one- the results for the others worked out pretty well, after all.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #91 on: 20 May 2024, 09:20:15 »
Speaking of the Shrike, with the Mongol Doctrine now good and dead what's going to become of that mech?
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #92 on: 20 May 2024, 09:51:42 »
Speaking of the Shrike, with the Mongol Doctrine now good and dead what's going to become of that mech?
Well that kind of depends on what the Hell's Horses want to do. They control Erewhon where the main factory is located. An assault-class 'Mech is useful and generally not worth throwing away, but at the same time, it's a totem 'Mech of a rival. Ideally the Horses would retool the factory to something more their liking, but who knows if they have the time and resources to do that.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #93 on: 20 May 2024, 12:52:14 »
Well that kind of depends on what the Hell's Horses want to do. They control Erewhon where the main factory is located. An assault-class 'Mech is useful and generally not worth throwing away, but at the same time, it's a totem 'Mech of a rival. Ideally the Horses would retool the factory to something more their liking, but who knows if they have the time and resources to do that.
It is rumored that the Horses are going to redesign the Shrike to look more Horse-like and rename it to Whinny ...
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #94 on: 20 May 2024, 12:59:19 »
Malvina was awful and the Mongol Falcons were similarly awful but I don't see how anyone outside of the Falcons gives a hoot about whether it was a Shrike or a Jade Phoenix doing the shooting.  And even the more moderate post-Malvina Falcons don't exactly strike me as the type to eschew a working mech for optics, internally or otherwise.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #95 on: 20 May 2024, 14:53:48 »
Oops.  I actually meant to ask this question in the Jade Falcon thread.  Rather than go off topic here, I'll re-ask the question there.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Caesar Steiner for Archon

• Captain
  • I think I'm dehydrated. What day is it?
« Reply #96 on: 20 May 2024, 18:57:26 »
I think the Horses, with their newly expanded holdings, are probably feeling pretty flush with resources now. I think any very Falcon-y mechs in their territory are probably gonna get replaced.

"You went from annoying the writers so badly that they killed Caesar Steiner just to spite you, to becoming one of them." -3rdCrucisLancers

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #97 on: 23 May 2024, 15:30:05 »
It is rumored that the Horses are going to redesign the Shrike to look more Horse-like and rename it to Whinny ...
Heh. I've got tons of my own customs that I've made and written some backstories for, including a few quads with partial wings just for the silliness of it all. Though I have no idea what plans, if any, there are for the Shrike factory.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

BrianDavion

• Captain
« Reply #98 on: 24 May 2024, 05:14:24 »

Isn't Erewhon simply the administrative center for the Eagle craft group, which are actially mobile factories?
The Suns will shine again