Author Topic: The Rasalhague Dominion: Friend of a Friend (but not your Friend)  (Read 201360 times)

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
Re: The Rasalhague Dominion: Friend of a Friend (but not your Friend)
« Reply #450 on: 05 August 2015, 14:18:36 »
Beta Galaxy was my benchmark for choosing a shade of blue.  I like their scheme a lot, but my painting time is more limited than I expected.  I can see myself doing the blue base now and adding the washes and gunmetal bits and a really basic cockpit jeweling and then maybe revisiting them in the future once I've finished painting everything else to add the cool ice pattern. 
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #451 on: 05 August 2015, 21:25:28 »
voted, keeping the ursus in a solid second place
"I'll give the Bears this... they do not care about "being clan" one bit, and they own it." - cold1

"Question: Under zellbrigen, how does one engage Shadow Divisions?
Answer: With orbital bombardment."

73rd Battle Cluster - The Lash

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #452 on: 06 August 2015, 01:43:43 »
I was told the Ursus is bad and my faction should feel bad...So i did a two on one match and made one of them whine enough i got drunk and needed cheese to go with it  ;) Ursus,Ursus,Ursus!!
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #453 on: 06 August 2015, 02:35:11 »
Was told a Lobo would school a Ursus..Result? I told them they forgot one important thing...I'M A ZOMBIE!! and ripped their neck out for a Double Ko!  [watch]
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #454 on: 06 August 2015, 05:17:29 »
Ursus exist to keep Timberwolves busy while your killers go to town.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #455 on: 06 August 2015, 12:57:24 »
See? even Jellico lists "Ursus Battlemechs" and "Killers" as two separate categories.   :P
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
« Reply #456 on: 06 August 2015, 15:36:38 »

Just put Ursus over the top in the poll.  Not a hard choice given the competition.
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #457 on: 09 August 2015, 02:36:36 »
Seems the Ursus won guys! *rick dance* i know what mech i'm buying for a christmas gift to myself!

GBscientist

• Warrant Officer
  • It could always be worse.
« Reply #458 on: 09 August 2015, 10:14:45 »
My thanks to everyone that voted for the Ursus.  I can now complete my Alshain Industries collection.
"Peace through superior firepower."- Arsenal of Freedom, ST:TNG

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #459 on: 09 August 2015, 10:34:01 »
there are only two 'Mechs I have doubles of, the Summoner and the Stormcrow, and only because I have an old and new sculpt for each...do I want to get a second Ursus? hmmm
"I'll give the Bears this... they do not care about "being clan" one bit, and they own it." - cold1

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #460 on: 09 August 2015, 12:49:08 »
get yourself another Ursus Zeruel, then make it the Ursus PR.....Then go out and get you some war crimes  ;D

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #461 on: 09 August 2015, 18:26:27 »
But that's the worst ursus! It doesn't fit a C3i system AT ALL. It has no role that actually benefits from linking to other units so far as I can tell. It pales next to the Beowulf PR for being the point man, it lacks the ranged guns to back up the pointman at range, and it lacks the punch to serve as a deterrent in close. Best thing I can think of, is that someone wastes their time shooting at it, and doesn't shoot at a more promising target.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #462 on: 09 August 2015, 18:54:47 »
Its made to lay waste to poor city's left defenseless, Hence you can't spell war crimes without Ursus!!

pagan

• Sergeant
  • Grizzly 2
« Reply #463 on: 09 August 2015, 18:56:11 »
Hey my Ghost Bear Brethren.  It's been a while but I am still alive.

You can either run with the Ghost Bears or die running from us....... your choice.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #464 on: 09 August 2015, 20:00:57 »

That's excellent to hear! hope is going well in your cave  :) How are the cubs doing?

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #465 on: 09 August 2015, 20:02:38 »
Its made to lay waste to poor city's left defenseless, Hence you can't spell war crimes without Ursus!!

That'd be a good job the Ursus 3, or whatever the number is that swaps the C3i for Watchdog. the PR just wastes tonnage with the suite if that's all you're doing with it.

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #466 on: 09 August 2015, 23:32:36 »

good to see you buddy :)

pagan

• Sergeant
  • Grizzly 2
« Reply #467 on: 13 August 2015, 18:09:00 »
Thanks for asking.  The eldest cub is engaged to a future doctor and starting work on his Masters in Communications and teaching two classes.  The youngest is in his third year of college working towards his Vet degree.  Since getting out of the daily grind of BT I've restarted my model train set and instead of building Mechs, I'm working on building wood model ships.

You can either run with the Ghost Bears or die running from us....... your choice.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #468 on: 13 August 2015, 18:16:39 »
Thanks for asking.  The eldest cub is engaged to a future doctor and starting work on his Masters in Communications and teaching two classes.  The youngest is in his third year of college working towards his Vet degree.  Since getting out of the daily grind of BT I've restarted my model train set and instead of building Mechs, I'm working on building wood model ships.

Kerensky!! i remember when they were on the swim team in highschool, how the years pass  #P

What ships are you building?

David CGB

• Lieutenant
« Reply #469 on: 13 August 2015, 20:48:38 »
hahhh war crimes, that is what losers yell

well met, and quite glad to see you around
Federated Suns fan forever, Ghost Bear Fan since 1992, and as a Ghost Bear David Bekker star captain (in an Alt TL Loremaster)

ArcaneRaven

• Lieutenant
« Reply #470 on: 16 August 2015, 10:37:46 »
Are there any news on the Dominion in TRO 3150?

pagan

• Sergeant
  • Grizzly 2
« Reply #471 on: 16 August 2015, 17:07:59 »
Makes you feel old?  Imagine how I feel.  LOL  I'm three sails away from finishing the Rattlesnake and will be starting the Niagara right after that.  Actually I've started a little work on the Niagara keel.  They are really testing my mode making skills as I am used to plastic for the most part.  I will admit there are a lot more ropes on a ship than I ever imagined.

The Eagle

• Captain
  • This is what peak performance looks like!
« Reply #472 on: 18 August 2015, 13:56:09 »
Not ropes, lines.  Nautical term.
RIP Dan Schulz, 09 November 2009.  May the Albatross ever fly high.

Hit me up for BattleTech in the WV Panhandle!

ArcaneRaven

• Lieutenant
« Reply #473 on: 26 August 2015, 07:50:06 »
What is your personal soundtrack for CGB / RD?

I'm thinking of Wardruna, who got featured in Vikings. Especially Rasalhague Galaxy gives that vibe to me.
« Last Edit: 26 August 2015, 10:42:35 by ArcaneRaven »

Lysenko

• Lieutenant
  • 15th Dracon: A Proud Tradition of Service
    • Polar Bear Dreams & Stranger Things
« Reply #474 on: 26 August 2015, 09:27:07 »
Immigrant Song by Zeppelin.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #475 on: 28 August 2015, 19:52:51 »
I would go with Laser cannon deth sentence,if its during the Jihad, The Cyborg slayers.

Divide and Collide
Cross Us Your Denied
We'll Provide Your Insides
To Your Robotic Eyes
We'll Blow Up Your Home
Your Big Ships Made Of Chrome
Divide Collide
Looks Like Your Battery Died
« Last Edit: 28 August 2015, 19:58:30 by Foxx Ital »

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #476 on: 30 August 2015, 20:38:54 »
Rockaby Your Bear. The Wiggles.

GBscientist

• Warrant Officer
  • It could always be worse.
« Reply #477 on: 01 September 2015, 13:11:32 »

Good to see you, Pagan.  It's been far too long.
"Peace through superior firepower."- Arsenal of Freedom, ST:TNG

pagan

• Sergeant
  • Grizzly 2
« Reply #478 on: 08 September 2015, 16:59:08 »
Finished ship.  20 months 1 week.
« Last Edit: 08 September 2015, 17:01:24 by pagan »

Spenetrator

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #479 on: 08 September 2015, 17:22:48 »
*eyes squint* I make of it you don't know the real name of the battlemech! Its a timberwolf!  ;)

...Apply burn cream liberally over affected area

Register