Author Topic: Pirate Haven: Whats yours will soon be ours!  (Read 23395 times)

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
Pirate Haven: Whats yours will soon be ours!
« on: 27 January 2011, 19:00:00 »
Hendrik Grimm, Redjack Ryan, Lady Death, The Red Corsair, Vance Rezak, and Susie "One-Eye" Morgraine-Ryan, names that have struck fear into the Inner Sphere and the Periphery. Pirates and Bandit Kingdom leaders that have terrorized the Periphery for the last several decades. But Piracy isn't what it used to be. Sure Pirates were once the scourge of every goverment, and still are a threat even during the Jihad. But they don't get much screen time anymore. So to hopefully get them some screen time I give thethis pirate thread.

First question for everyone to discuss, who was the original Red Corsair? And whatever happened to her?
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

AirmanR

• Corporal
Re: Pirate Haven: Whats yours will soon be ours!
« Reply #1 on: 27 January 2011, 19:12:32 »
She was killed in action, her head mounted on a pike and lofted high over the might of the Raven Alliance! HURRAH!

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #2 on: 29 January 2011, 12:13:59 »
Nekane Hazen

Nelson Geist killed her. She was a Crusader Jade Falcon. Specifically she had a Battlemaster -1Gb, with clanmade weapons instead of the SL versions. With three tons left, either used Clan FF to the max or another DHS. May have used an ECM as well, placed in the head.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Terminax

• Lieutenant
  • Never despair. Never surrender.
« Reply #3 on: 29 January 2011, 13:51:10 »
The original Red Corsair was Katrina Steiner when she ran off to the Periphery with Arthur Luvon, cousin of the Kell brothers.

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 29 January 2011, 13:58:24 »
Nekane Hazen

Nelson Geist killed her. She was a Crusader Jade Falcon. Specifically she had a Battlemaster -1Gb, with clanmade weapons instead of the SL versions. With three tons left, either used Clan FF to the max or another DHS. May have used an ECM as well, placed in the head.

TT
Hazen was the third Red Corsair, IIRC.  Katrina Steiner was the second, when she was on the lamb from Alessandro.  IIRC there was one before whom Katrina was impersonating though.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 29 January 2011, 15:29:16 »
In one of the books a theory was put forward that it was possible Hazen was the original Red Corsair returned, by taking a ship and going faster than light or somesuch probably now, non-canon nonsense.

Hawkeye Jim

• Captain
  • I'm small but sneaky
« Reply #6 on: 29 January 2011, 23:33:36 »
While you folks discuss, I'm going to sneak in and steal all your ration packs. There's a good market for those among the pirate folks.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #7 on: 30 January 2011, 13:47:04 »
I use Clan MREs... from the golden years! HAHAHA }:)

No seriously, if the Manassas can do it, why not?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

CPLT-C1

• Corporal
  • Hollis Incorporated did things big.
    • Magistracy of Canopus
« Reply #8 on: 03 February 2011, 16:22:29 »
Have there ever actually been any published pirate related scenarios?
So you're saying it's Cold War era sci-fi war machines?

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: 05 February 2011, 08:00:25 »
There are on BattleCorps and the (2nd?) unit brief was for a Pirate band operating in the Taurian Concordat during the 3rd succession war.

tekteam26

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: 05 February 2011, 21:48:50 »
Does anyone remember the short fictional piece in the original Star League Sourcebook where the "heavily armed pirate JumpShips and DropShips" quickly move to capture a civilian DropShip? It certainly gave the impression that the pirates' JumpShip had something more powerful than a mere stationkeeping drive.

Maybe they were using an ancient Tracker?
TeKTeam Technical Services: We make your Mechs (and other equipment) battleworthy and so much more.

"Son. We ain't overmatched if we hit the enemy and don't let them hit us...."

Taurianspy

• Private
  • "Life, Liberty, and the pursue of Davion Invaders"
« Reply #11 on: 05 February 2011, 23:10:39 »
Royalty and Rogues had a pirate based senerio pack.  Old Battletech mags had several senario printed as well.  One I really enjoyed was a captive breakout and escape senario.
"Bosephus" and "Stumprunner" was not just a man and his mech.  They were a style of play that left everyone thinking about the impact of piloting skill on the game.  Unconscious pilots and prone mechs are easy targets even for poor marksman.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #12 on: 06 February 2011, 00:06:23 »
Does anyone remember the short fictional piece in the original Star League Sourcebook where the "heavily armed pirate JumpShips and DropShips" quickly move to capture a civilian DropShip? It certainly gave the impression that the pirates' JumpShip had something more powerful than a mere stationkeeping drive.

Maybe they were using an ancient Tracker?

Had more to do with the threat to the jumpship, probably by fighters or jumpships with mounted weapons. Remember most jumpships are relativly undefended and a somewhat more armed raider is a big threat especially to a passanger jumpship. Plus pirates don't abide the Ares conventions either so wasting a jumpship full of civvies is acceptable to them.

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: 06 February 2011, 05:00:47 »
Had more to do with the threat to the jumpship, probably by fighters or jumpships with mounted weapons. Remember most jumpships are relativly undefended and a somewhat more armed raider is a big threat especially to a passanger jumpship. Plus pirates don't abide the Ares conventions either so wasting a jumpship full of civvies is acceptable to them.

Only after you've borded them and stollen all the valubles and taken as many slaves as you can carry.

Medron Pryde

• Captain
  • Life's a beach, enjoy the sand between your toes
    • P.R.I.
« Reply #14 on: 06 February 2011, 09:55:39 »
Remember, when the Star League was printed there was no hard and fast difference between warships and jumpships.  The modern WarShip and JumpShip differentiation had not yet been codified into rules.

Based on that, whenever I see a mention of armed or combat jumpships in those earliest books, I generally assume it means a pre-Star League style barely moving JumpShip, whether it be something as old as the Aquilla or a dedicated actual WarShip hull.
Col Medron Pryde - DropShip Irregulars - Phoenix Hawk LAM - A Proud Browncoat

RSM Regstav Pryde - Battle Corps Legion - BattleMaster BLR-K4
Angel Strike - They thought they'd killed us.  They were wrong.  We struck back...
Pryde Rock Industries - Your Source for awesome BattleTech programs
My Deviant Art Page
Jack of Harts - updated daily
Strike Force - a fanmade RPG supplement for Alpha Strike

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #15 on: 06 February 2011, 11:00:46 »
Some jumpships are armed, maybe with nothing more than pop guns, but still armed. The Invader carrys a pair of Large Lasers or two PPC's for instance. So its possible something else could be attached as well.

Register