Author Topic: Clan Blood Spirit: Get Off Our Lawn  (Read 138956 times)

Wolf72

• Captain
Re: Clan Blood Spirit: Get Off Our Lawn
« Reply #900 on: 24 April 2023, 19:43:55 »
pretty sure it was FM:CC because it described CBS as very tradition bound and it was Nicholas K. who put forth the initial composition of combat star.
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #901 on: 24 April 2023, 23:24:30 »
iirc in FM Crusader Clans they went as far as to make each star: 3 Mechs, 1 vehicle point (2), 1 infantry point (25 or 5).  *if only I knew where my FM was*

It was a for a cluster, and it was 3 Mech Trinaries, 1 Vehicle Trinary, and 1 Infantry Trinary. I made the same mistake myself, though, and I will admit that I did like that set up for a star, and have often used it.
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #902 on: 25 April 2023, 05:33:29 »
It was a for a cluster, and it was 3 Mech Trinaries, 1 Vehicle Trinary, and 1 Infantry Trinary. I made the same mistake myself, though, and I will admit that I did like that set up for a star, and have often used it.

AHA! ... thank you very much, burnt brain cells and all!

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #903 on: 25 April 2023, 05:41:00 »
AHA! ... thank you very much, burnt brain cells and all!

No, it was actually a very easy mistake to make. IIRC, they were talking about stuff related to Star composition just before it, so a brain reading all that data at once can easily cross-wire it to be Points in a Star, not Trinaries in a Cluster. I had made that mistake, myself.

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #904 on: 27 April 2023, 19:26:26 »
Infantry would be replaced with Battle Armor of course. I doubt the Blood Spirits were training up a ton of infantry just to have them stand around. The bidding process would have them never be used!
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #905 on: 29 April 2023, 23:17:21 »
Infantry would be replaced with Battle Armor of course. I doubt the Blood Spirits were training up a ton of infantry just to have them stand around. The bidding process would have them never be used!

Did you ever see the stats for the Heavy Infantry Point? That was bloody scary! I would actually feat that more than a point of Elementals

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #906 on: 30 April 2023, 04:44:09 »
It does seem to carry its own weight! I like that unit.  I'd like to see a solid standard unit too, one without so many washed out elementals. *note: washed out does not mean ineffective.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #907 on: 30 April 2023, 04:49:54 »
Did you ever see the stats for the Heavy Infantry Point? That was bloody scary! I would actually feat that more than a point of Elementals

If I did I can't say I remember. Which book is it in?

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #908 on: 30 April 2023, 06:33:37 »
TRO 3085. Even if such units made up only a fraction of the total Spirit infantry force (I'd imagine the basic Clan Foot/Motorized/Mechanized units would be much more common), I'd bet that HI would be much more common anywhere 'Mechs and Vees were. Thinking on it, Spirit infantry of all stripes were probably eating good with those Vehicle Trinaries being staples of Spirit Clusters, and there are a number of ProtoMech designs that would be pretty handy in an infantry support role.
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #909 on: 30 April 2023, 07:54:40 »
TRO 3085. Even if such units made up only a fraction of the total Spirit infantry force (I'd imagine the basic Clan Foot/Motorized/Mechanized units would be much more common), I'd bet that HI would be much more common anywhere 'Mechs and Vees were. Thinking on it, Spirit infantry of all stripes were probably eating good with those Vehicle Trinaries being staples of Spirit Clusters, and there are a number of ProtoMech designs that would be pretty handy in an infantry support role.

Thanks. It's been years since I've gone through my copy of 3085.

alex blood spirit

• Sergeant
« Reply #910 on: 05 May 2023, 11:58:24 »
During Clan exploration for new planets Did the Spirits look for back towards the inner sphere ?

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #911 on: 05 May 2023, 12:20:49 »
During Clan exploration for new planets Did the Spirits look for back towards the inner sphere ?

For security purposes, after the Wolverine Annihilation, all copies of Deep Periphery star charts were split up among the Clans, so that only through a unanimous decision of the Grand Council could any ship be authorized to chart a course back to Terra.  The Exodus Road charts remained split up and sealed until 2980, when they were reunited to facilitate IntelSer missions to the Inner Sphere.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #912 on: 05 May 2023, 12:24:12 »
I think he's asking if the Spirits moved rimward (i.e., towards the Inner Sphere) in their explorations.

And we honestly don't know. The only system outside of the Kerensky Cluster that we know for sure they explored was Colleen, and that wasn't in a rimward direction from York.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

CJC070

• Lieutenant
« Reply #913 on: 05 May 2023, 21:00:27 »

If their plans were to leave the Homeworlds similar to the IS clans and Scorpions I would think it was to avoid reprisals (sadly did not work out for them).

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #914 on: 06 May 2023, 09:15:23 »
I'm not sure on the direction, but during the Clans colonization & expansion period the first world the Blood Spirits found & colonized was Foster (Field Manual Crusader Clans, pg 23)
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #915 on: 06 May 2023, 18:50:01 »
They sent out several jumpships to look for a fallback position. I'm hoping that the hints from Blood Avatar that some of the Spirits had made there way to the Inner Sphere.

Shin_Fenris

• Master Sergeant
  • Honor never dies
    • 357th Infernal Division
« Reply #916 on: 16 May 2023, 07:06:26 »
They sent out several jumpships to look for a fallback position. I'm hoping that the hints from Blood Avatar that some of the Spirits had made there way to the Inner Sphere.

I'll always hold onto the hope from that novel but I'm sure the entire thing was written as a red herring or some other handwavium stuff later on.

But my headcanon definitely says otherwise.  ;)
If this battlefield is Hell, then it is our home and wherever we go, Hell and chaos shall follow.

Lead 'Mech Wrangler: 357th Infernal Division, NE USA
Tai-sa Shiro "Fenris" Takeda, Mercenary: Kuroi Kaze (MAD-6KK Marauder II)
Galaxy Commander Zane Schmitt, Clan Blood Spirit: Iota Galaxy (Blood Kite 2)
Captain Brutus "Bloodsport" Carver, Mercenary: Song's Sentinels (SQS-TH-002 Sasquatch)
CI Backer #138 Merc Backer #32
Just here for KS info - y'all are too argumentative for real discussions.

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #917 on: 21 May 2023, 10:53:15 »
I was looking at some Clan Refits on MUL and I realized that the Clan unit entries usually doesn't start earlier than Clan Invasion Era for faction availability. Got me wondering what Golden Century Clan Refits the Blood Spirits would had sitting around.
« Last Edit: 23 May 2023, 21:59:06 by HobbesHurlbut »
Clan Blood Spirit - So Bad Ass as to require Orbital Bombardments to wipe us out....it is the only way to be sure!

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #918 on: 22 May 2023, 20:02:57 »
I was looking at some Clan Refits on MUL and I realized that the Clan unit entries usually doesn't start earlier than Clan Invasion Era for faction availability. Got me wondering what Golden Century Caln Refits the Blood Spirits would had sitting around.

That’s why I love them! Any old school refit I just assume the spirits would have as they were always scrounging to keep their forces equipped

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #919 on: 23 May 2023, 22:01:46 »
Im surprised Stalker never got a clan refit. It was one of the workhorses in assault category for SLDF...
That one would had been up our alley since you have the Blood Kite with very similar loadout.
Clan Blood Spirit - So Bad Ass as to require Orbital Bombardments to wipe us out....it is the only way to be sure!

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #920 on: 23 May 2023, 23:08:14 »

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #921 on: 24 May 2023, 10:27:08 »
Im surprised Stalker never got a clan refit. It was one of the workhorses in assault category for SLDF...
That one would had been up our alley since you have the Blood Kite with very similar loadout.
Wolf Dragoons did a Stalker refit with Clantech, the STK-3F Stalker Jamison:

The 2 Large Lasers were replaced with 2 Large Pulse Lasers.
The 4  medium lasers upgraded to 4 ER medium lasers.
The 2 LRM10 are replaced by 2 LRM20 launchers.
Two ammo-efficient Streak SRM-6s are used.
Eighteen Clan-spec double heat sinks are mounted.
Ferro-fibrous armor is used .
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

CJC070

• Lieutenant
« Reply #922 on: 24 May 2023, 10:55:13 »

I know the Blood Spirits could never field it but I would like to see Stalkers with Streak LRMS.

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #923 on: 24 May 2023, 11:24:23 »
I know the Blood Spirits could never field it but I would like to see Stalkers with Streak LRMS.
The Coyotes might refit such a model.
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #924 on: 24 May 2023, 16:09:45 »

Yeah I know about the Wolf Dragoon "Custom". Shame it wasn't put into production or the Clans made a similar refit at all.

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #925 on: 24 May 2023, 17:59:55 »
Heck, 'simply' upgrade all the standard weapons with clan improved types from I.O. ... you'd get enough weight left over for some armor and SHS.

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #926 on: 25 May 2023, 13:18:17 »
I derped and didn't realize our Blood Kite was a 85 tonner, I thought she was 100 tonner the whole time. Which basically mean to me she's the Clan Stalker.

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #927 on: 25 May 2023, 15:41:59 »
I can kinda see that ... LLs, LRMs, SRMs it fits.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #928 on: 26 May 2023, 05:44:06 »
The Stalker might he a design that became rare over the years. Every Clan probably used any they had up in trials over the decades and aby left were buried in caches or museums.

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #929 on: 30 May 2023, 16:10:20 »
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/battlemechs/spirit-walker-mkii/

EndoStructure. A LAMS. And "Armor mistake" was not repeated.
« Last Edit: 30 May 2023, 16:12:31 by HobbesHurlbut »