Author Topic: Clan Blood Spirit: Get Off Our Lawn  (Read 140400 times)

Wolf72

• Captain
Re: Clan Blood Spirit: Get Off Our Lawn
« Reply #1110 on: 21 December 2023, 17:56:53 »
I think that's a good "what if" point of history for CBS.

I like to think "What if" CBS went all in to aid the Wolverines, by doing so pushed some of the other clans to a more neutral stance or even gain some more allies, like the CSR (after proof it was not CWv who detonated the nuke) ... Perhaps even stymieing their 'complete' annihilation.  Really throw a wrench into clan politics for the next two centuries.
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #1111 on: 23 December 2023, 14:08:53 »
Benefit from new ideas?

Maybe you don't really get the Blood Spirits' whole thing.  :wink:

The Spirits' embracing of ProtoMechs, up to and including developing a phenotype specifically for them, shows that the Spirits are absolutely able to benefit from new ideas.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1112 on: 23 December 2023, 14:29:31 »

I like to think "What if" CBS went all in to aid the Wolverines, by doing so pushed some of the other clans to a more neutral stance or even gain some more allies, like the CSR (after proof it was not CWv who detonated the nuke) ... Perhaps even stymieing their 'complete' annihilation.  Really throw a wrench into clan politics for the next two centuries.

Honestly it’s one of the things written for my Wolverine AU and I do have the Spirits pegged as an ‘ally’ for them.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #1113 on: 23 December 2023, 14:38:23 »
Personally, I don't see the Spirits ever doing that. These aren't the Spirits of the 3060s that we know, with nothing but contempt and hatred for the other Clans. These were the Spirits of the Klondike era, who were all in on Nicholas Kerensky and trying to keep the other Clans unified. It's just not in them to rebel against that; it would be massively out-of-character for them.

But for the sake of argument, let's say that they did break with the other Clans and sided with the Wolverines. Then we'd have just ended up with two dead Clans instead of one.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Fire Scorpion IIC

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1114 on: 23 December 2023, 17:21:03 »

What ultimately set Wolverines on the path to doom wasn't the fact that they step out of line or tried to leave it's that they tried to go back to the Inner Sphere which went against direct orders of General Kerensky and was pretty much the mockery of the sacrifices and hardships endured by SLDF and their descendants

Had Wolverines decided to migrate somewhere deeper into galaxy Nicolas would have had more problems mobilizing less aggressive Clans against them as they would have been perceived as less of an political issue and it would have opened possibility of other Clans cooperating with them while severely limiting Widowmaker's options when trying to frame them

Odds are they would still be targeted and absorbed but it would not be a guaranteed scenario and things would have never escalated towards annihilation

But their chosen destination was an affront to everything other Clans believed in and sacrificed for therefore they were completely on their own and no alliance with anyone was possible

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #1115 on: 23 December 2023, 17:42:31 »
What ultimately set Wolverines on the path to doom wasn't the fact that they step out of line or tried to leave it's that they tried to go back to the Inner Sphere which went against direct orders of General Kerensky and was pretty much the mockery of the sacrifices and hardships endured by SLDF and their descendants

That's... not true at all. Like not even remotely true.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #1116 on: 31 December 2023, 18:40:09 »
The Wolverines died because Kerensky needed a example. Nothing more. And sadly the Wolverines stuck there nose out by literally being the best at what they did. The Clans like the Blood Spirits that showed some support for the Wolverines might have just missed out being on the chopping block themselves. What it did do was make the Blood Spirits targets for trials by the Burrocks.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #1117 on: 31 December 2023, 19:26:46 »
as it is written, but I do like the "what-if" scenarios.  Having the Wolverines lead a block versus NK would have been a cool alt-plot.  I thought I read that some of the other clans were on the fence, it's all what-if.  But imagine if they'd been able to stymie the whole thing to just enough.  Or if the splintering of the Clans happened much, much sooner.  Or if the Trial of Annihilation basically failed ... perhaps the Wolverines fought well enough, then stayed.

Ok, back to our regular lamentation of what is! (j/k).
« Last Edit: 31 December 2023, 20:56:57 by Wolf72 »

alex blood spirit

• Sergeant
« Reply #1118 on: 31 December 2023, 20:37:34 »
Taasa Kay you do hav a good point on the protomech issue

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #1119 on: 31 December 2023, 21:08:53 »
as it is written, but I do like the "what-if" scenarios.  Having the Wolverines lead a block versus NK would have been a cool alt-plot.  I thought I read that some of the other clans were on the fence, it's all what-if.  But imagine if they'd been able to stymie the whole thing to just enough.  Or if the splintering of the Clans happened much, much sooner.  Or if the Trial of Annihilation basically failed ... perhaps the Wolverines fought well enough, then stayed.

Ok, back to our regular lamentation of what is! (j/k).

Imagine if the Wolverines had beaten the Wolves and Nicky K in a Trial of Annihilation? The Wolverines and not the Wolves might have been the foremost Clan. Did the Clans at that point have Bondsmen?

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #1120 on: 31 December 2023, 21:38:58 »
dunno. Also, how bad would they have bled themselves dry?  Talk about "tossed salad and scrambled eggs" ...

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #1121 on: 01 January 2024, 11:08:11 »
dunno. Also, how bad would they have bled themselves dry?  Talk about "tossed salad and scrambled eggs" ...

Well that's a possibility that the Wolverines would have been bled dry but the Wolves would probably no longer exist and the Wolverines might have gained all there assets to compensate like the Star Adders did to the Burrocks. Any weakness would be short term with Wolverine Allies, like the Blood Spirits becoming more important in the long term.

alex blood spirit

• Sergeant
« Reply #1122 on: 11 January 2024, 19:37:14 »
Prior to the Wolverine Anhilation did the Blood Spirits trade for any mechs like the Stag or the Puliverizer mechs

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #1123 on: 11 January 2024, 22:06:08 »
Prior to the Wolverine Anhilation did the Blood Spirits trade for any mechs like the Stag or the Puliverizer mechs

Far too new of a design so no. They got picked up by the Snow Ravens after the Annihilation and a few might have made there way into the Blood Spirit forces after the Warships for Mechs deal.

alex blood spirit

• Sergeant
« Reply #1124 on: 12 January 2024, 17:31:11 »
that's what i thought thanks stormlion

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #1125 on: 13 January 2024, 14:13:54 »
that's what i thought thanks stormlion

The Pulverizer would be a good design for the Blood Spirits to field as a training mech for Sibkos or pulled out to fight the Star Adders on York.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1126 on: 13 January 2024, 15:01:48 »
Despite Endo-Steel and FF Armor it has a Standard Engine, Large Lasers and LRMs and is rugged very similar to a Kingfisher (fluff wise duh). I’m pairing them up in my own Blood Spirit Star.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #1127 on: 13 January 2024, 21:56:33 »
Despite Endo-Steel and FF Armor it has a Standard Engine, Large Lasers and LRMs and is rugged very similar to a Kingfisher (fluff wise duh). I’m pairing them up in my own Blood Spirit Star.

I have two for a Wolverine Force but now I'm thinking I might need another for my Blood Spirits now. May build another Trinary around one of the Galaxys lost during the Burrock Absorbtion.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #1128 on: 19 January 2024, 18:46:49 »

Same! And as it’s a second line Mech that the ravens produced and the spirits traded warships for second line mechs I can see the spirits having them

Starfury

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1129 on: 20 January 2024, 23:08:39 »
The Pulverizer would also pair well with Shogun Cs, Highlander IICs, Blood Kites, Crocketts and Marauder IIcs

alex blood spirit

• Sergeant
« Reply #1130 on: 30 January 2024, 23:05:04 »
did the wolverine's and spirit's have any joint ventures prior to the aniliation?

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #1131 on: 31 January 2024, 06:31:03 »
did the wolverine's and spirit's have any joint ventures prior to the aniliation?

Not that we are aware. Nothing was mentioned in Betrayal of Ideals. Unfortunately, that is the only information we really have about the Not-Named Clan.
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #1132 on: 31 January 2024, 10:27:33 »
For Klondike, the Blood Spirits went to Arcadia and the Wolverines were on Circe.  However, it's almost certain that the Blood Spirits would have sent an ilChi ambassador to the Wolverines, and it was the Blood Spirits' expression of sympathy for the Wolverines that started Clan Burrock's feud with them.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

alex blood spirit

• Sergeant
« Reply #1133 on: 31 January 2024, 18:47:32 »
were there any Bloodnames that survived the annnihilation

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #1134 on: 31 January 2024, 22:22:07 »
Wolverine bloodnames?  No, not officially.  Though it's highly interesting that the Wolverine's Watch commander was Trish Ebon, and in the 3040s, the Magistracy of Canopus stood up a super-secret spy division called the Ebon Magistrate and got super good at espionage tradecraft and technology.  (The apocryphal BattleCorps Iron Writer story "Darkness" all but confirms the Ebon Magistrate got its tech from Clan Wolverine.)

Blood Spirit bloodnames?  Possibly, but only to the extent that they'd been claimed in a Trial of Possession by other Clans.  Abtakha Blood Spirits that ended up in the Inner Sphere circa 3095 would have been given the opportunity to restart their Bloodhouses per the Edict of Severance.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

VensersRevenge

• Lieutenant
  • Is this the real life...
« Reply #1135 on: 01 February 2024, 01:30:39 »
Shrapnel Issue 3 explicitly confirms that at least the Boques Bloodname did make it to the Inner Sphere.
...Is this just fantasy?
Warship Arms Race III
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=84031.0

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1136 on: 01 February 2024, 09:49:26 »
A certain detective novel exists that says another might have made it

alex blood spirit

• Sergeant
« Reply #1137 on: 02 February 2024, 17:14:45 »
i guess both clans here's a new idea what if clan Blood Spirit was resurected with Spirit and Wolverine Blood names

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #1138 on: 02 February 2024, 17:55:40 »
i guess both clans here's a new idea what if clan Blood Spirit was resurected with Spirit and Wolverine Blood names

That sounds like a great way to bring the Invading and Homeworld Clans back together, as they burn every last trace of that abomination from the universe. Clanners have murdered Inner Sphere citizens for merely being distantly related to members of Clan Wolverine. As the Homeworlds have become even more conservative and the Invaders have firmly entrenched themselves in the Inner Sphere, any attempt to resurrect any aspect of the Wolverines is going to be met with ludicrously overwhelming violence.

A new Clan Blood Spirit? Maybe. But never the Wolverines.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1139 on: 02 February 2024, 19:20:32 »
Sadly I have to agree. Despite my wish that Clan Wolverine could be reborn, I doubt it will happen (without SERIOUS bloodshed). Clan Blood Spirit was ‘Absorbed’ where the Wolverines were Annihilated. If the Blood Spirits arrived with any sort of presence in the Inner Sphere there would probably be some sort of Trial to determine their status: the Homeworld Clans being cut off intentionally means the Adders Trial would be left in legal hell. They MIGHT treat them like the Nova Cats and abjure them, they might treat them like the Scorpions and ignore them. Who knows?

Personally…. I’d think it would be funny if say a broken Spirit Galaxy shows up at the Escorpion Imperio and is absorbed. Some random Mandrills too lol