Author Topic: Master Unit List (MUL) Feedback Thread III - READ THE FIRST POST  (Read 155842 times)

Rainbow 6

• Captain
Re: Master Unit List (MUL) Feedback Thread III - READ THE FIRST POST
« Reply #750 on: 15 April 2022, 10:51:35 »
the wolf bit requires some investigation

the others did not receive the bulk of their orders until 3151

Thinking about this should the IlClan era also show the Iron Cheetah as being available to the Smoke Jaguars as the Fedelis were one of the main users in the Republic?

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #751 on: 15 April 2022, 11:17:52 »
smoke jaguars haven't been re-added as a faction yet. the only reason the iron cheetah has availability at all for the ilclan era was to account for the rec guide so we didn't forget about it when we are actually able and ready to populate the new era.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #752 on: 16 April 2022, 19:08:34 »
(low importance/priority)

All have updated artwork in their respective publications:
Leopard (3056)
Leopard "Pocket Warship"
Leopard PA

BlackLanner05

• Corporal
« Reply #753 on: 17 April 2022, 02:57:01 »
Urbanmech IIC is cited as an "Iconic Military Unit" for Clan Wolf-in-Exile in TechManual on the colour map of the Inner Sphere but missing as such from MUL.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #754 on: 17 April 2022, 19:40:14 »
That’s a weird one. It’s largely a homeworld design and after 3080 the only IS clan to have any quantity worth noting is the horses. Further the wolves never used it at all. Going to have to discuss. Maybe someone remembers how that entry came about

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

NeonWolf

• Private
« Reply #755 on: 18 April 2022, 10:14:04 »
First of all, a hearty THANK YOU! To the MUL team for a really excellent job. I’ve used it like crazy and its been great.

One thing that I think could be a massive improvement to the AS builder, is defaulting all battle armor units to number the of troopers that would be in the unit based on their faction of origins. Elementals would default to 5 trooper units instead of the current 4 for example.

I feel like the vast majority of people building lists will probably be fielding their units this way and I know it would definitely help me and my local players out a lot. Especially the newer players who always seem really confused by this aspect of the builder.

Anyway, that’s my feedback. Thanks for reading and keep up the great work. Thanks again!

Is there a reason this can't happen? Since no Alpha Strike cards were printed and included with the Elemental ForcePack this would go a long way towards players actually being able to use those models in games of Alpha Strike

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #756 on: 18 April 2022, 10:16:55 »
the card for the five trooper squad is on the bottom of the page. the limitation is for adding squads to the force builder.

pokefan548

• Captain
  • The Barracuda knows where it is, hence the -2 mod.
    • Poke's Aerospace Academy (Discord Server)
« Reply #757 on: 18 April 2022, 14:18:17 »
On that note, is there a way to add multiple of the same unit to a force? I feel like there ought to be and I'm just missing it.
Poke's Aerospace Academy
The best place to learn and discuss AeroTech.

"Poke is just a figment of our imagination really." - Siam
"Poke isn't a real person, he's just an algorithm programmed by CGL to try and get people to try the aerospace rules." - Phantasm
"I want to plant the meat eating trees and the meat growing trees on the same planet! Watch that plant on plant violence!" - Sawtooth
Leviathans: The Great War Backer #224
BattleTech: Mercenaries Backer #23

Weirdo

• Painter of Borth the Magic Puma
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
  • We can do it. We have to.
    • Christina Dickinson Writes
« Reply #758 on: 18 April 2022, 15:46:57 »
Pretty much boils down to clicking the Add button an extra time or two, until you've added all the ones you want.
My wife writes books

Sixteen tons means sixteen suits. CT must be repaired.

"Damn you, Weirdo... Damn you for being right!" - Paul

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #759 on: 18 April 2022, 16:22:44 »
displaying multiples in a force is a known issue for the Total Warfare and Alpha Strike builders. however.

if you click on force and view the dropdown, you see that all the units you added are there. click on the X units X BV X tons bit on the bottom and you get

BlackLanner05

• Corporal
« Reply #760 on: 18 April 2022, 19:30:27 »
That’s a weird one. It’s largely a homeworld design and after 3080 the only IS clan to have any quantity worth noting is the horses. Further the wolves never used it at all. Going to have to discuss. Maybe someone remembers how that entry came about

Just guessing but probably had something to do with wanting to make them feel unique vs. the Crusader Wolves with a design that also established trading links between the Exiled Wolves and the Warden Coyotes, which is where they could have gotten some from perhaps. Since the Wolves in Exile are mainly defensive based on Arc Royal, the slow speed of the Urbanmech wouldn't be such a liability. Finally, being extremely similar looking to conventional Urbies, it's a design that would be very familiar to most Steiner citizens in the Arc Royal Defence Cordon which might help set their concerns at ease that they were now suddenly being occupied by Clanners. It would not come across as alien looking as other Clan garrison mechs.

On the flip side, it's a bit mysterious how the Wolf in Exile Pack Hunter suddenly ends up in use by so many homeworld Clans as well. Somebody has discoved a secret Worm Hole between Arc Royal and Strana Mechty it seems.
« Last Edit: 18 April 2022, 20:05:02 by BlackLanner05 »

NeonWolf

• Private
« Reply #761 on: 19 April 2022, 14:45:41 »
the card for the five trooper squad is on the bottom of the page. the limitation is for adding squads to the force builder.

The force builder is the issue. If you want to print out a force for play or say, an AS350 tournament, it is a whole lot of effort to get a 5-suit unit of Elementals on that printout.  If the default was the 5-suit unit this would eliminate the issue.

I'm sure Comstar/WoB devotees would love if their battle armor defaulted to the 6-suit unit card as well.

Weirdo

• Painter of Borth the Magic Puma
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
  • We can do it. We have to.
    • Christina Dickinson Writes
« Reply #762 on: 19 April 2022, 15:16:28 »
Unfortunately, it seems like the structure of the site means you have to pick 4, 5, or 6, and whichever number you choose must be applied to ALL suits - no exceptions possible.
My wife writes books

Sixteen tons means sixteen suits. CT must be repaired.

"Damn you, Weirdo... Damn you for being right!" - Paul

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #763 on: 19 April 2022, 15:30:38 »
correct. it's the limitations of the platform. all BA squads are defaulted to 4 man squads. apologies but it's what we're stuck with for the time being

Middcore

• Lieutenant
  • The Inner Sphere could always use more Heroes!
« Reply #764 on: 19 April 2022, 20:52:15 »
Anybody else find that they cannot click on things on the MUL site on desktop lately?

If I go to the Factions page, none of the factions are clickable to go to their listing.

If I click on one of the random units on the front page and click on one of the eras to see its availability, nothing happens.

If I search for a unit, and click on one of the categories in the results (for example BattleMechs), nothing happens.

This is on Chrome 100.0.4896.127.

Mobile works fine.
I write BattleTech fanfics. You can find them all on ScribbleHub, and I welcome your comments.

MyndkryM

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #765 on: 19 April 2022, 22:19:02 »
Marauder II MAD-10D looks to be missing the REL special ability.

http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/7519/marauder-ii-mad-10d

IlClan Rec Guide 05 has it equipped with a Large Re-engineered Laser, or is this an example of not meeting a damage threshold thus not receiving the special ability?
« Last Edit: 19 April 2022, 22:28:45 by MyndkryM »
"Halfway down the trail to Hell,
In a shady meadow green
Are the Souls of all dead Troopers camped,
Near a good old-time canteen.
And this eternal resting place
Is known as Fiddlers’ Green...."

-"Fiddler's Green" The US Cavalryman's Prayer

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #766 on: 19 April 2022, 22:28:18 »
Marauder II MAD-10D looks to be missing the REL special ability.

http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/7519/marauder-ii-mad-10d

IlClan Rec Guide 05 has it equipped with a Large Re-engineered Laser.

It is correct as is.  A single large re-engineered laser does not do enough damage to qualify for REL.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #767 on: 19 April 2022, 22:32:03 »
Anybody else find that they cannot click on things on the MUL site on desktop lately?

If I go to the Factions page, none of the factions are clickable to go to their listing.

If I click on one of the random units on the front page and click on one of the eras to see its availability, nothing happens.

If I search for a unit, and click on one of the categories in the results (for example BattleMechs), nothing happens.

Mobile works fine.

I'm not having any issues when I try those with Chrome. 
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #768 on: 20 April 2022, 07:56:32 »
Works fine for me, same version. (Or, well, can't open image-links with middle button to new tabs but then again i don't think that's ever been doable on MUL.)

Try clearing cookies, and/or Chrome's cache. Usually fixes problems like that.

Middcore

• Lieutenant
  • The Inner Sphere could always use more Heroes!
« Reply #769 on: 20 April 2022, 10:25:44 »
Try clearing cookies, and/or Chrome's cache. Usually fixes problems like that.

This works for literally one visit and then the problem recurs.

I also just tested on Edge (which I never use) and it's the same thing.

I write BattleTech fanfics. You can find them all on ScribbleHub, and I welcome your comments.

jasonf

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #770 on: 24 April 2022, 21:37:18 »
I've moved on to a deep dive into the Dark Age, and noticed that pretty much none of the units in the TR3150 "New Tech, New Upgrades" section have a MUL entry.

Maybe they don't have record sheets (I also noticed they weren't on MegaMek or SSW), but that hasn't precluded other MUL entries that don't have record sheets. Plus, I noticed that at least one is referenced in the new Rec Guides (Hatchetman-7D in RG12).

Is this errata, or are they on some long-dormant to-do list?

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #771 on: 24 April 2022, 21:39:50 »
They’ll be added if RS3150 ever comes to fruition

pokefan548

• Captain
  • The Barracuda knows where it is, hence the -2 mod.
    • Poke's Aerospace Academy (Discord Server)
« Reply #772 on: 29 April 2022, 13:22:27 »
The Raven RVN-3L seems to be a lot less available than it should be per TRO: 3050U.

The RVN-3L is unavailable to the Federated Suns and Lyran Commonwealth during the Clan invasion, despite the following:
Quote from: Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade
Other examples made their way into Steiner and Davion hands due to clashes between the powers over the years, though Operation Sovereign Justice saw a number of damaged Ravens fall into the hands of Capellan March forces. These shattered Ravens have been rebuilt and equipped by Hasek’s troops and turned against their original designers.

In addition, the RVN-3L is unavailable to the Draconis Combine for all possible eras, despite:
Quote from: Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade
First and foremost was the Confederation’s need for foreign currency that saw a number of units exported to both the Free Worlds and the Combine.
However, the RVN-3M does appear to be available to the Draconis Combine. For the sake of clarity, were the Combine exports exclusively of the RVN-3M model, or is this an oversight?
Poke's Aerospace Academy
The best place to learn and discuss AeroTech.

"Poke is just a figment of our imagination really." - Siam
"Poke isn't a real person, he's just an algorithm programmed by CGL to try and get people to try the aerospace rules." - Phantasm
"I want to plant the meat eating trees and the meat growing trees on the same planet! Watch that plant on plant violence!" - Sawtooth
Leviathans: The Great War Backer #224
BattleTech: Mercenaries Backer #23

PaladinMind

• Recruit
« Reply #773 on: 30 April 2022, 01:06:20 »
Are there plans for adding a way to search or sort units by OV (Overheat Value)?

Currently it seems only OVL (Overheat Long) is searchable since it shows up in the specials section.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #774 on: 30 April 2022, 07:25:00 »
The Raven RVN-3L seems to be a lot less available than it should be per TRO: 3050U.

The RVN-3L is unavailable to the Federated Suns and Lyran Commonwealth during the Clan invasion, despite the following:
In addition, the RVN-3L is unavailable to the Draconis Combine for all possible eras, despite:However, the RVN-3M does appear to be available to the Draconis Combine. For the sake of clarity, were the Combine exports exclusively of the RVN-3M model, or is this an oversight?

The Shattered Ravens are specific references to the RVN-SR and RVN-SS. Operation Sovereign Justice was during the Jihad.

The 3M covers the exports to the Combine, yes. That's not to say some 3Ls didn't make their way there, but not enough to reach the numbers to be listed.

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #775 on: 30 April 2022, 08:48:57 »
Phoenix longbow is using the 3085 artwork. Which is a shame, because the PP artwork is great.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #776 on: 30 April 2022, 09:15:47 »
the 12C should sport the TRO:PP art. fixed.

BlackLanner05

• Corporal
« Reply #777 on: 30 April 2022, 14:46:22 »
One more example of conflicting/inconsistent lore regarding Clan use of the Nightstar (I know this has been settled for now and so this post doesn't need a reply - but it is worth noting here in case greater Clan access to this design becomes open to debate again in the future): Technical Readout 3058 Upgrade pg. 196, in introducing the Star League section of the book, writes "Much of the material presented here was previously to be found in the Conventional Vehicles and Inner Sphere BattleMechs sections. They have been gathered together here for they (unlike the designs covered in other sections) can be found in both Inner Sphere and Clan formations". Then the Nighstar is one of the designs that is profiled in this section.

So according to that, the Nighstar can be found in Clan formations in the year 3070 when this Wolfnet account is written. And note this is Wolfnet - not Comstar who is more prone to making TRO mistakes. Wolfnet would have an excellent understanding of what the Clans do and do not field.

I still say the easiest way to resolve the Coventry targeting computer inconsistency is to chalk it up to a different visual design quirks of the new Inner Sphere model.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #778 on: 30 April 2022, 14:55:02 »
Are there plans for adding a way to search or sort units by OV (Overheat Value)?

Currently it seems only OVL (Overheat Long) is searchable since it shows up in the specials section.

it can be explored.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #779 on: 30 April 2022, 15:10:36 »
(low importance/priority)

All have updated artwork in their respective publications:
Leopard (3056)
Leopard "Pocket Warship"
Leopard PA

these have been updated as well as the Leopard CV (3054)