Author Topic: Battletech Long Island III  (Read 107751 times)

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Battletech Long Island III
« Reply #390 on: 21 December 2021, 16:15:29 »
I tripped over this on the web.  (Not a real ad).

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #391 on: 21 December 2021, 22:21:34 »
shadhawk: I calculated the cost of the new foot actuator I got for the Falcon Hawk.  It came out to 4,200 C-Bills.  Please adjust my bank total accordingly.

Dave

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #392 on: 22 December 2021, 01:29:29 »
“Sho-sho this just arrived for you.” The duty Gunsho hands Meiyo a data pad.
“Thank You Gunsho.” She takes the pad and reads it.

“Gunsho will you get me Tai-sa Westfield ASAP.”
“Hai Sho-sho.”

“What may I do for you Sho-sho.”
“We will have one more Marine battalion joining us. This one will a rest and refit, they are fresh from a very active tour.”
“How bad?”
“They have 40% wounded and 20% that need rest. The other 40% are ready to go.”
“Any idea of what they tangled with?”
“No, command did not think I need to know. I will be talking with the CO when they land. I will have medical services ready.”
“What can I do?”
“Have your people check them out when they are on world. Get me a report of what they need to get battle ready.”
“Things are that bad in the DC?”
“You have seen the reports. The Combine will need all the troops they can get.”
“Do you have any idea of when they will get here?”
“From what command has given me they should be out here in three months.”
“Well they are giving us a little time to get ready for them.”

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #393 on: 22 December 2021, 02:13:54 »
In the Ironborn 'Mech bay, Julia screamed out in frustration, scratching her fingers through her hair.  Plopping herself down on the gantry holding Maria's Phoenix Hawk, she grabbed a bottle of water, unscrewed the cap and took a long swig.

"Having trouble, Jules?"

Julia turned her head at the familiar drawl and found Maria standing over her.

"ARRRGHHH!! This f***ing gyro is driving me absolutely crazy!"  Julia complained.  "No matter what I do, no matter how many bits of shrapnel I pull from it, I just can't seem to fix the f***ing thing!"

"What's wrong with it?"  Maria inquired.  "Why can't you repair it?"

Julia gave a look at Maria that would have a lesser person recoiling apprehensively, but Maria held her ground.  "Because it's an old, decaying piece of JUNK!  I have a feeling that it's had to be repaired multiple times in the past.  Gyros are complicated and finicky pieces of equipment to begin with, especially these older models from God knows how many decades or centuries ago.  On top of that, whatever wrecked it in the first place left a lot of shattered bits inside, which, despite my best efforts, I haven't been able to clear completely."

"What about replacing the whole thing with a new one?"

"Do you have about 900,000 C-Bills, Mari?"  Julia answered with another question.  "'Cause that's how much it would cost to buy a new one.  Also, I'd have to rip out the old one and then install the new.  That would take at least another 6 to 8 weeks.  I'm worried we might have bought ourselves a lemon here."

"Have you tried asking Harald for help?"  Maria asked.

"He's been too busy to assist given what Asha did to my Bad Sister."  Julia responded.  "If she wasn't still in the infirmary, I'd strangle her myself for wrecking my baby."

That made Maria chuckle at the image that formed in her head.  "Well, to take your mind off of our gyro problem, Euron is calling a meeting of all combat personnel at about 1600 hours.  He's got some announcements to make or some such."  She patted Julia on the shoulder.  "Take a break, you can start again once we find out what our fearless leader has in store for us."

Sighing, Julia looked over at the Battlemech whose cantankerous innards were vexing her to her breaking point.  "I AM going to fix you.  You hear that?  I'm gonna fix your sorry ass and you ARE going to work again even it's the last thing I do."
« Last Edit: 22 December 2021, 02:16:04 by IronbornGreyjoy »

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #394 on: 22 December 2021, 11:53:14 »
In the special session of Parliament called my Meiyo. “Will the Nakazawa members please stand and answer the charger.”
Aina and Osamu Nakazawa stand. “We request that evidence of these charges be presented before we answer. To not know what has happened we cannot give a true answer.”
Recordings from May when units from Kiah’s Hammers responded to a call about an unknown armored unit operating north east of Nakawaza Shiro and north west of Zakharovich Fortress. Also played are audio interviews of the armored company after they were questioned by Nijero Security and NPO members. Both show that this unit was employed by Shuyona Ichizoku Nazakawa. The Metal Thunder interviews will show MRBC paperwork that they were employed by Isao Nazakawa personally. Audio logs will show that a combat unit that has been shown to be working with the Kokuryu-kai was working for Nakazawa. Also presented are records showing payments to Nazakawa accounts from known Kokuryu-kai accounts in the Draconis Combine.
“So once more how does Shuyona Ichizoku Nazakawa answer the charges of Treason?”

“Why did you raid on one of the production sites?”
“I did not.”
“Explain then how a DCMS equipped lance was reported at that site.”
“I cannot. They are not part of our forces. Also from what my people have found out that lance did not take part in the raid. A different Lance took part and the armor units are not ours as well.”
“If not our people then who? Have your contacts look into this now.”
“Hai!”
« Last Edit: 24 December 2021, 01:37:27 by shadhawk »

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #395 on: 22 December 2021, 16:12:51 »
In the Ironborn 'Mech bay, Julia screamed out in frustration, scratching her fingers through her hair.  Plopping herself down on the gantry holding Maria's Phoenix Hawk, she grabbed a bottle of water, unscrewed the cap and took a long swig.

"Having trouble, Jules?"

Julia turned her head at the familiar drawl and found Maria standing over her.

"ARRRGHHH!! This f***ing gyro is driving me absolutely crazy!"  Julia complained.  "No matter what I do, no matter how many bits of shrapnel I pull from it, I just can't seem to fix the f***ing thing!"

"What's wrong with it?"  Maria inquired.  "Why can't you repair it?"

Julia gave a look at Maria that would have a lesser person recoiling apprehensively, but Maria held her ground.  "Because it's an old, decaying piece of JUNK!  I have a feeling that it's had to be repaired multiple times in the past.  Gyros are complicated and finicky pieces of equipment to begin with, especially these older models from God knows how many decades or centuries ago.  On top of that, whatever wrecked it in the first place left a lot of shattered bits inside, which, despite my best efforts, I haven't been able to clear completely."

"What about replacing the whole thing with a new one?"

"Do you have about 900,000 C-Bills, Mari?"  Julia answered with another question.  "'Cause that's how much it would cost to buy a new one.  Also, I'd have to rip out the old one and then install the new.  That would take at least another 6 to 8 weeks.  I'm worried we might have bought ourselves a lemon here."

"Have you tried asking Harald for help?"  Maria asked.

"He's been too busy to assist given what Asha did to my Bad Sister."  Julia responded.  "If she wasn't still in the infirmary, I'd strangle her myself for wrecking my baby."

That made Maria chuckle at the image that formed in her head.  "Well, to take your mind off of our gyro problem, Euron is calling a meeting of all combat personnel at about 1600 hours.  He's got some announcements to make or some such."  She patted Julia on the shoulder.  "Take a break, you can start again once we find out what our fearless leader has in store for us."

Sighing, Julia looked over at the Battlemech whose cantankerous innards were vexing her to her breaking point.  "I AM going to fix you.  You hear that?  I'm gonna fix your sorry ass and you ARE going to work again even it's the last thing I do."

If you would like L.F. has techs who are willing to assist w/ your repairs. This offer is available to the "hands of the Goddess" as well.

Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon. Windage and elevation."

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #396 on: 22 December 2021, 17:05:26 »
Thank you for the offer, Ogre.
Ironborn, if you can't repair the gyro, I have a pair of 3 ton gyros in inventory.

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #397 on: 22 December 2021, 20:07:09 »
ogremage and jimdigris:  Both offers will be appreciated and accepted by Julia.  Three months is way too long to fix a gyro malfunction.  Jim, I don't want to have to take one of your gyros unless I break the one we got, so we'll try fixing it first.

shadhawk:  let me know if Julia can fix the Phoenix Hawk's gyro with Loyalty Forsaken techs helping out.
« Last Edit: 22 December 2021, 20:31:19 by IronbornGreyjoy »

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #398 on: 23 December 2021, 01:43:04 »
ogremage and jimdigris:  Both offers will be appreciated and accepted by Julia.  Three months is way too long to fix a gyro malfunction.  Jim, I don't want to have to take one of your gyros unless I break the one we got, so we'll try fixing it first.

shadhawk:  let me know if Julia can fix the Phoenix Hawk's gyro with Loyalty Forsaken techs helping out.

The techs doing the work will need to be veteran or higher in the same weight class of 'Mech. If they are not they will have higher target numbers.
So said techs will have to be veteran or better in the medium weight class.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #399 on: 23 December 2021, 06:03:45 »
Would my Griffin techs qualify?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #400 on: 23 December 2021, 13:55:53 »
Would my Griffin techs qualify?

Yes they are elite
« Last Edit: 23 December 2021, 14:08:19 by shadhawk »

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #401 on: 23 December 2021, 17:15:04 »
Rob Swanson, brother of the Hands of the Goddess chief tech, walked into the Ironborn mechbay after hearing some loud cursing.  He noticed a woman descending the gantry surrounding a Phoenix Hawk with its torso wide open.  Taking a sip from his beer, he approached the woman and asked "What seems to be the problem?"
"Do you see that gyro?," she pointed at the sad-looking Phoenix Hawk.
Rob nodded. "I do indeed.  It looks like it's been around the block more than a few times.  What's wrong with it?," he asked as they both stared up at the machine.
"It's got several problems, but I think we can start with all the shattered bits still hiding inside. I can hear them whenever I start it up, but I can't find them."
"I guess you don't know the trick."
"Trick?!?"
"Hold this," Rob said as he handed her his beer. He leisurely cracked his knuckles and said "This shouldn't take long."
« Last Edit: 23 December 2021, 17:40:16 by jimdigris »

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #402 on: 23 December 2021, 20:37:16 »
The techs doing the work will need to be veteran or higher in the same weight class of 'Mech. If they are not they will have higher target numbers.
So said techs will have to be veteran or better in the medium weight class.

Guess that leaves me out assisting as I don't know what rating my techs. And when I asked creating my units I've always been told "forgetaboutit!"

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #403 on: 24 December 2021, 01:39:43 »
Guess that leaves me out assisting as I don't know what rating my techs. And when I asked creating my units I've always been told "forgetaboutit!"

no you were told each time you made a unit that the techs had same skill level as the equipment they were working on. as the pilot and crew improve so do / did they.

Maranthain

• Sergeant
    • Winter's Dream Mercenary Unit
« Reply #404 on: 25 December 2021, 14:16:55 »
Merry Christmas to all of you that celebrate.
Strength Through Perseverance

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #405 on: 25 December 2021, 21:19:34 »
 :thumbsup:

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
Re: off world lance
« Reply #406 on: 26 December 2021, 21:40:50 »
Ok for the off world security kiah is sending the following to the non asteroid research lab

=> bandit hovercraft with IS battle armor
=> karnov with IS gray death scout armor and IS jump infantry
=> dragon
=> owens with clan elementals

Maranthain

• Sergeant
« Reply #407 on: 26 December 2021, 23:06:44 »
Winter's Dream will take the mine on the asteroid.

Units are:

Vedette "Tempest"
Goblin "Blood Moon" and Heavy LRM infantry
Jackal piloted by "Laughing Wolf"
Maxim I "Hunter's Den" and Kobold Power armor Platoon.

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #408 on: 27 December 2021, 22:14:43 »
In the special session of Parliament called my Meiyo. “Will the Nakazawa members please stand and answer the charger.”
Aina and Osamu Nakazawa stand. “We request that evidence of these charges be presented before we answer. To not know what has happened we cannot give a true answer.”
Recordings from May when units from Kiah’s Hammers responded to a call about an unknown armored unit operating north east of Nakawaza Shiro and north west of Zakharovich Fortress. Also played are audio interviews of the armored company after they were questioned by Nijero Security and NPO members. Both show that this unit was employed by Shuyona Ichizoku Nazakawa. The Metal Thunder interviews will show MRBC paperwork that they were employed by Isao Nazakawa personally. Audio logs will show that a combat unit that has been shown to be working with the Kokuryu-kai was working for Nakazawa. Also presented are records showing payments to Nazakawa accounts from known Kokuryu-kai accounts in the Draconis Combine.
“So once more how does Shuyona Ichizoku Nazakawa answer the charges of Treason?”

so cool please tell me comeuppance is about to occur, oh to be a fly on the wall In the special session of Parliament   lol

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #409 on: 28 December 2021, 04:29:30 »
ComStar AP News Services
     received Nejiro System August 3068

Alliance Under Assault   

We go now to Kiva Cooper, SBC's own Pulitzer Prize - winning reporter, covering events currently unfolding in Solaris City ...

[Kiva appears before the camera, apparently reporting from a rooftop. Behind her is the vast urban expanse of Solaris City's International Zone, with the massive metallic bubbles of DropShips in Solaris Spaceport plainly visible. Thin ribbons of smoke rise from several unseen fires, curling up into the gray sky.] 

[Kiva] "Are you getting this Jamie? This is Kiva Cooper, reporting live from the rooftop of the SBC Broadcasting Center in the International Zone as unknown forces continue their attack on Solaris VII. We've seen bone - white BattleMechs of vintage and recent manufacture, dropping in and around the city outskirts, and from here we can see movement in the spaceport as security forces clash with the unidentified attackers."   

[Camera zooms in, catching a glimpse of roughly a company of Lyran 'Mechs using the spaceport buildings and grounded DropShips as cover. Weapons fire from a branch of the complex, the 'Concourse E' label clearly visible, shows the approach of more than a dozen white 'Mechs, led by an Awesome. The white "Mechs tear into the buildings as well, obliterating that section of the spaceport  in a hail of PPC and laser fire.]   

[Kiva] "The security forces are overwhelmed. There are too many attackers, a full battalion or more sweeping the spaceport alone. The city is in chaos. Over to the west, we can see 'Mechs in Starlight and Zalzni colors fighting each other in the streets, the cause of their recent clash unknown. The Pop TV building just collapsed under Mandole Mgwane's Jinggau."   

[Camera swings around and briefly highlights two 'Mechs dueling in the street, sweeping over a demolished building and scurrying bystanders running for cover, and eventually settling on a lone dark blue Banshee squaring off against two lighter white BattleMechs.]

[Kiva] " We do see resistance from the stables here. There on Paris Street, it looks like a Banshee from a minor stable is dueling with two of the invaders. Get a close-up of the invader BattleMaster, Jamie. Wait that triple - diamond insignia! That's Paul Diamond, a contender who left to join the Word of Blake. Is this a Blakist attack? The Banshee pilot has put the Blake Wolverine between him and Diamond. Wait there's a man running out on foot, with some sort of satchel, Oh my!" 

[Camera attempts to focus on a satchel - armed man who rushes at the Banshee, only to vanish in a flash of light meters away from the 'Mech when the pack explodes prematurely]

[Kiva] "Off in the distance, we can see other parts of the city in flames. Columns of smoke are visible from various parts of Kobe, the Black Hills. Reports tell of Lyran defenders dying in all parts of the city, refusing to abandon even the non - Steiner sectors. Even now we're hearing of fighting as far out as Reach----"   

[A tremendous explosion shakes the camera and Kiva instinctively ducks. Camera swings around, catching glimpses of fires all along the skyline. A roar of fighter engines momentarily washes out all sound.]

[Kiva] "Over there! It's the Star League Dome!"   

[The camera pans northward to the massive dome of the almost completed Star League Stadium on the banks of the Solaris River. Flames engulf the ruined dome, blackening the Davion sword - and - sun logo as a secondary blast rips through the structure.]

[Kiva] "My God, who are these people?" 

from SBC News Special Report, Solaris Broadcasting, 16 June 3068   

« Last Edit: 28 December 2021, 10:55:46 by eilidhdawn »

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #410 on: 28 December 2021, 05:15:27 »
ComStar AP News Services   

The Archon Has Failed Us! 

Tharkad in ruins!  Donegal, Coventry, and Hesperus bombarded and blockaded by Word of Blake forces!  Skye, Wyatt, Phecda, Alchiba, Milton, Loric, Ford, Giausar, Timbiqui, and Poulsbo, all invaded by the Free Worlds League!
My friends, the utter incompetence of Peter Steiner - Davion can no longer be hidden; it is made manifest by our horrific losses, and threatens the total destruction of our proud Lyran state! We are assailed from all sides, and it will only be a matter of time before the opportunistic Jade Falcons again descend on us in our weakness. The Dracs would be over the border as well to do some more "peacekeeping", if they could only figure out who runs their show.
How much longer must we tolerate the inept reign of Peter the Worthless? He has accomplished nothing, and has only aggravated the problems we face daily. Now that such grave threats loom before us, we must act with strength and determination, not indecision and confusion!
Clearly, far more capable individuals exist to lead us than the fledgling Peter, who lacks any meaningful military experience. A mediocre MechWarrior, he is an even more incompetent leader. And though we mourn the loss of a man of such stature as Caesar Steiner, it is good to see that the Steiner blood runs true and strong today in Adam Steiner. He achieved impressive feats in the Jade Vulture incursion of 3064, and his more recent actions demonstrate his vision. Clearly the right man to serve as General of the Armies, he would also make an Archon far superior to Peter Steiner - Davion.
The noble Steiner blood runs thin indeed in our Archon. Time for some true and more capable blood to replace him! 

Pamphlet issued by Brotherhood Press, Cincinnatus Publishing, 6 May 3068

« Last Edit: 28 December 2021, 06:39:56 by eilidhdawn »

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #411 on: 28 December 2021, 06:29:24 »
ComStar AP News Services

Alliance, Free Worlds League At War   

So was the dissolution of the Star League a good idea after all?  We know our Coordinator was against it - we've seen the footage from that day in November 3067. Apparently the foolish leaders of the other realms thought they could maintain their own peace without "outside interference."   
Looks like they were wrong. News coming in from the Alliance and the Free Worlds League shows Skye province attacking the Free Worlds - without the sanction of the Lyran Estates General, no less. Not that anyone can blame Skye. Without an authoritative body to rein in the Alliance military, apparently provincial leaders feel they can declare war whenever they want.
If the Star League still existed, Skye could have appealed to that body for restitution of damages that Duke  - Steiner claims his world has sustained. Instead, power hungry politicians believe they answer to no one but themselves and take matters into their own hands. 
Well, we may not have the Star League anymore, but I for one am thankful to live in the Combine, where our sense of honor and duty overrides our selfishness. Seems the Alliance could learn a lesson or ten from us.

Trevor Lindensholm, Editor, Minakuchi World times, 1 June 3068

« Last Edit: 28 December 2021, 06:44:06 by eilidhdawn »

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #412 on: 28 December 2021, 07:52:29 »

ComStar AP News Services
           received Nejiro System 3068

Who among Us Shall Rule?   

[Diamond] "So, gentlemen. what are we to do with the situation now that our wayward son has stirred up Luthien?" 
[Sapphire] "You mean it was not planned that way? He acted alone?"   
[Ruby] "Not without help."
[Pearl] "Yes, he did have help. My sources point to the Second Sword's over eager Tai-sa. Apparently, he did not care to wait until called upon."
[Ruby] "No, it goes further than that. Our Pillar has rotted."
[Diamond] "Interesting. Our friend is the source of our problem on Luthien, then?" 
[Ruby] "Hai."
[Obsidian] " So sure are yo Ri --?"
[Diamond] "No names! Do it again and I will demand your heart as well as your head!" 
[Ruby] "It is nothing. Yes, I am sure. Emerald has gone the path of the ronin. He thinks he knows the way when he does not. The impetuousness of youth, I think."   
[Sapphire] "This sets us back, then."
[Diamond] "Not entirely."   
[Ruby] "Hai. It is actually beneficial. We can front someone now without fear of discovery." 
[Obsidian] " We are going to hang Emerald out to dry?" 
[Pearl] "For the good of the Dragon, yes. Let them think when they beat him down that the menace of the Kokuryu-kai is diminished, while instead we continue to gain power."
[Sapphire] "So, whom shall we consider?"   
[Diamond] "Sakamoto?"   
[Ruby] "No. I have watched him since the incident. He will not bend our way. However, his offspring may..." 
[Pearl] "Ah, yes, his marriage and coming child. We shall make arrangements. But for the time being..."   
[Obsidian] "Toytomi?"
[Sapphire] "Too impertinent. He bears watching."   
[Ruby] "Why not someone already beyond the shadows? Hiding in plain sight? The bastard Kerai would never question it, not now."
[Diamond] "Don't delude yourself. Kerai questions all." 
[Pearl] "Perhaps, but not the one we know Ruby speaks of. It is an elegant plan."
[Obsidian] "Interesting, at least..."   
[Sapphire] " Right there, in the light of day. Where everyone can see, yet does not see..."
[Ruby] "Yes. And in the perfect position for us to take advantage of."   
[Diamond] "Then let us make it happen. And make sure Emerald finds his place among the dead. We are too close now. We cannot afford another mistake."   
[Obsidian] "And I will send a message to our 'champion' personally this time -- just in case he develops delusions of his own power."   
[Sapphire] "Then it is decided. The Dragon is blind and we will soon be the saviors that work the miracle of sight."   

partial recording made between unknown parties, recovered from the ruins of the Imperial City, Luthien (date unknown), then circulated through the dark web and social media   

« Last Edit: 28 December 2021, 08:08:07 by eilidhdawn »

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #413 on: 28 December 2021, 11:03:25 »

Quoteable   

Life is Change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely.   

Karen Kaiser Clark   

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #414 on: 28 December 2021, 15:03:43 »

ComStar AP News Services

Dragon's Son Declares State of Emergency   

To All Voice of the Dragon Affiliates: You are to immediately put this into print and voice the following statement. Override all other headline and story events. -Regional Director Miygaki Gershwin (VOTD, Pesht)   

From Hohiro Kurita:   
"Citizens of the Dragon, I greet you on this dark day. Today we find ourselves embroiled in war within and without the Combine. For months now our valiant DCMS troops have engaged Word of Blake forces on Dieron and Luthien. This new enemy, this diabolical splinter group of the benevolent ComStar, has risen from the darkness and bitten us on our heel. Since the dissolution of the Star League, they have transformed themselves from ComStar's competitor into the Yellow Bird that threatens not just the Dragon, but all humankind.
"The Word of Blake has used against human targets weapons that have been banned for centuries. Reports of chemical attacks and nuclear firestorms have been received from countless world outside the Combine. They have manipulated whole planets and governments - even House Lords - into furthering their destructive agenda and are even now attempting to cut the Dragon off at the knees.
"Because of these hideous events unfolding around us, I hereby declare the Draconis Combine in a state of emergency, so that we may properly handle the onslaught that faces us. To citizens held hostage by these fanatical zealots, know that the Dragon has arisen to crush the Word of Blake as it did the Smoke Jaguars. Your tears are felt and your blood is remembered. The Dragon will roar once more."   

Tearing through the void
                                                                                              Prepared for the Yellow Bird
                                                                                                      Expect victory.

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #415 on: 28 December 2021, 21:07:17 »
After seeing enough of the invitations opened. When Duke enters his office and sees his on his desk. He wearily sits down behind the desk never bothering to turn on the lights. Sadly, and fondly remembering the last state wedding dinner he attended so many years ago. When a nation lost a beloved Archon, Morgan Kell lost his wife along with his right arm, and Duke lost his wife in an explosion. Seconds, minutes, a few hours pass with little to no movement, and the only sounds to be heard were the soft sobs of a grieving widower.  Eventually, late into the night or early into morning; Duke will make arrangements for the invitation to be returned via courier unopened and succinct but polite note refusing the invitation.
« Last Edit: 28 December 2021, 22:30:46 by ogremage »

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #416 on: 30 December 2021, 13:36:35 »
“Sugai Amalaa has looked over the request for the use of Sugai Shiro for your event and has given her consent.” Elizabeth will inform Maria. “Sugai Keiji also welcomes your people and looks forward to this event. Keiji-sama will have Cho-sa Izanagi contact you about security needs.”

Maranthain

• Sergeant
« Reply #417 on: 30 December 2021, 21:47:06 »
Kapten Bjornsen sighed as he paced in his office, awaiting the arrival of Mechwarrior Berquist, Sergeant Shihei, and Lieutenant Lundmark. Lieutenant Anker chuckled at his Kapten's nervousness. Marius turned at the sound, "What's so funny, Reider?"

Reider replied, "You, sir. You always get nervous at times like these... on the field of battle, you are a great commander. In the barracks, you're a worrywart. Relax, they're professional soldiers. They'll do their duty as part of the expanded coverage."  He stood up, "Sit down, sir... it's making me nervous to see you so nervous. Oh, by the way, what about the Wedding invite? Have you sent your response?"

Marius smiled, "Nope. However, since you asked, you get to craft the carefully worded response this invite deserves. The delegation from us will be small. The unit commanders, lance level and higher, Quartermaster Quist, Chief Tech Odden, Dr. Sparv, and just in case two squads of the 190th. Looks like a total of 20 personnel going, including staff level positions. Send in the response before you leave for the asteroid."

Reider's response was interrupted as the door opened and the new secretary ushered the three other guests into the room. Once the new arrivals were seated, the secretary withdrew and closed the door. Marius chuckled, "Saved by the bell, Lieutenant Anker." He turned from Reider and towards the other three people in the room. "I bet you're wondering why you in particular were called here. We have a job to do, and your three units, along with Lieutenant Anker's platoon, will be doing that job. It seems that the GSF has been tasked with protecting additional areas in our current solar system. I'll be rotating units to these positions in three month stints. You drew the short straw in that you are the first to go. It also means, you're the first to get it over with. You will be protecting an Asteroid Mining facility, and be careful. gravity is within .1 g of normal, but the atmosphere may be thin. Also, the tunnels may not like overshoots, so be aware of that. Lieutenant Anker will be in charge of the defense force, so all commands go through him first." His voice drops a bit in timbre, "I don't want to see anyone come back on a stretcher, much less in a body bag. Do you understand?" All of the assembled troopers said, "Aye, sir" as one.

Kapten Bjornsen nodded, "Dismissed, all of you. Get prepared, you leave soon."

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #418 on: 31 December 2021, 14:04:57 »
  Kiah sitting in the living quarters of her long house where she was going over communications from the wedding planner and enjoying a light lunch looked up at the knock on the front door. Putting down her goblet she looked at her three companions. Anna, Kate and Summer the triplets that ran her private house seamlessly, they had been going over her schedule and at the knock Anna rose to answer the door. She laughed as Carl grabbed her and spun her with a fast kiss to her cheek.

“Stop molesting my ladies” Kiah smiled as he crossed and greeted my other ladies, and filled a goblet and held it out to him. “Had lunch yet?”

“No, what you got?” he asked taking the goblet, pulling out a chair and grabbing a soft roll spreading butter on it as he talked. “just got in from patrol with the kids, I’m starved.”

“How did they do?” Kiah waved her hand and summer went to the sideboard to get him a plate.

“They are coming along very well, they just need a bit of confidence.” He sat back as Summer placed the plate down and then sat forward to eat.

“well some will get just that, we have to send a lance to that off world research lab.”

“who?”

Kiah caught the roll he tossed her and broke it apart to finish eating her stew. “Cain’s Bandit , Robbie’s Karnov, Tyson’s  dragon, Trever with both Owen config pods, with the assigned troops as well of course.”

Carl snorted. “Robbie and Lang will love babysitting duty”

“It will not be Baby-sitting it is more like mentoring. Cain and Tyson are not kids, just green and Trever will help with that.” Kiah took a drink “Don’t like anyone being so far away but it will be good for them and while Robbie is off world it will allow Bob and Axel to get their Karnov off tarmac more they need more fly time.”

“it will be good for them, don’t know why you let Robbie pull rank so much.”

“Rank and seniority have privileges but when Robbie gets back I’ll make sure deployments are more balanced.”

Carl filled the goblets up and speared some slices of roast beef putting some on Kiah’s plate then his. “on different note, how are wedding plans going?’

Kiah sighed as she served them both baby potatoes. “Invites are out, our artisans did us proud and the  responses have started coming back, that wedding planner Bully and I hired is a godsend, she and her team have it all under control, the wedding outfits for my side are done, your all going to look amazing, the food selected …. The new command is not coming or sending a rep…. waiting to hear from all the others.”

“Well it will be a hell of a party, anyone from home coming?”

“Stop it brat, with all that is going on how would that even be possible?” Kiah threw a potato to her pregnant wolfhound,  River who was  laying by the fire. “The day should be fairly stress-free. But I have thought a few times Bully and I should have just married quietly.”

“the Clan would have rebelled, we all want to give you the kind of sendoff to the land of matrimony  you deserve…. And have the right to.”

“we have left all that poop and circumcise behind when we came here”

Carl laughed at their childhood joke term for state functions and sat back “you are our Jarl and always will be, sorry Hart sister you’re stuck with me and the rest of us.”

“I should have left without a word” Kiah said with a mock snarl.

“do you honestly think we would not have followed you? I and several others were watching you like a hawk when you said you were resigning and going off. Face it you’re the Jarl we all swore to and want and the one we will always follow. There is no getting away from us or your duty to us now.”

Kiah nodded with a wry smile “you were the one that made me go through the proper channels to leave.”

“Yes, well as you always said do it right or don’t do it at all.”

“Yes that is the thing to do, throw my own words back at me. Having you and the rest of my family with me means a lot. The gods have been good to allow all of you to be with me. It makes my losses …easier”

Carl reached over and squeezed Kiah’s hand briefly then went back to eating. “I miss them to” he then smiled into his goblet. “I look forward to the kids you and Bully will eventually have and telling them all the stories of what hellions we all were growing up”

Kiah smiled a little sadly. “just remember payback is a b***h when you have your own kids someday hart brother.”

“that won’t be for a bit yet thank you very much.”

Kiah laughed “when am I scheduled for patrol?”

“day after Tomorrow morning”

“Good I need to get out and about I’m restless” 

“Well I’ll keep you company for a while” he nodded to the pile of paper “let me see some of those ill help you go through them”

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #419 on: 31 December 2021, 15:39:28 »
"I can't believe that they told the whole planet about this," muttered Captain Bonanno, surrounded by his staff in the conference room.
"Technically she didn't," Dejah Rey, the unit intelligence officer, retorted.
"When you invite all the clan heads, effectively everyone knows.  But it's too late to do anything about that.  I'd like the unit on full alert.  Dejah, normally I'd have you along as my escort, but I'd like you monitoring communications traffic.  I'll bring commtech Argueta to deal with any press issues". Argueta nodded her acknowledgement.
"Niobe, as always you will have command of the unit while I'm gone.  We'll also bring Maxim Alpha with one platoon of infantry.  Leave the rest home so that we'll have room to evacuate VIPs if things go badly wrong.  I suspect that the majority of the trouble will be elsewhere that day.
"If anyone else has any suggestions, please share."  The assembled officers glanced back at their tablets and continued their analysis.
"One more thing; I need a good taylor.  I need to adjust my tuxedo so that I can wear my cooling vest underneath."

[Captain Bonanno will RSVP with the envelope that came with the invitation indicating that there will be twenty-two members to his entourage, and twenty of them will have rifles. Everyone will be well-dressed.]