Author Topic: Terra. Home to ilClan Wolf.  (Read 56477 times)

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
Re: Terra. Home to ilClan Wolf.
« Reply #180 on: 10 January 2023, 11:03:49 »
#1, where we have seen it the highest ranking/prestige bloodname holder is the House Leader . . . the only exception I can think of is whatisis Pryde that was CO of the Falcon Guard while Marthe Pryde was Khan- BUT he had the Aiden Bloodheritage which the Falcons were still swooning over.  FREX, after former Khan Cyrilla died it was Conal Ward IIRC until Phelan became Khan and Conal was ousted the same day.

In Clan Blood Spirit, Sariah Church was the House Leader of the Church Bloodhouse, and she didn't appear to hold any particularly high rank (not a Galaxy Commander or Star Colonel on the rolls). The method of becoming a House Leader differs from Clan to Clan: the Coyotes elect theirs by vote, the Vipers have candidates duke it out in Trials, etc. So it's not set in stone by any means that the highest-ranking/prestigious Bloodname holder is the House Leader.

That said, I happen to agree with you that there's at least a decent chance that Anastasia could be the House Leader for the Exiles' Kerensky Bloodhouse. Yeah, she wasn't popular in the Exiles... two decades and change ago. A lot has happened since then; not only did Anastasia spearhead the reunion of the two halves of the Wolf Clan (albeit at Alaric's behest), but she's the one that took down Malvina Hazen in single, straight-up Clan-style combat, something that only Aleksandr Hazen was able to do. But there's also the fact that she doesn't appear to enjoy politics, so it's a 50/50 at best, I'd think.
« Last Edit: 10 January 2023, 11:41:58 by tassa_kay »
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Kojak

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #181 on: 10 January 2023, 15:07:08 »
In Clan Blood Spirit, Sariah Church was the House Leader of the Church Bloodhouse, and she didn't appear to hold any particularly high rank (not a Galaxy Commander or Star Colonel on the rolls). The method of becoming a House Leader differs from Clan to Clan: the Coyotes elect theirs by vote, the Vipers have candidates duke it out in Trials, etc. So it's not set in stone by any means that the highest-ranking/prestigious Bloodname holder is the House Leader.

For whatever it's worth, Warriors of Kerensky states that house leaders are "traditionally the oldest Bloodnamed house members", so while there are certainly variations from Clan to Clan as with many things, it's probably safe to assume this is the default in the absence of canon stating otherwise. Note, too, that this has nothing to do with either rank or prestige. It's just seniority -- rather ironic for the warrior caste.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #182 on: 10 January 2023, 15:53:57 »
EXCEPT . . .

Phelan was not the oldest, nor was Conal as described.  Ravil Pryde was also not the oldest . . . but honestly, I was not aware of the Church case though aside from those do we actually ever know who is the Bloodhouse Leader?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #183 on: 10 January 2023, 16:11:14 »
Generally speaking, no, because we've never gotten any real focus on the Bloodhouses as entities. Which is a real shame.

And of course Phelan/Conal/Ravill weren't the oldest. This is Clan Wolf we're talking about here. Bucking tradition is traditional for them.  ;D
« Last Edit: 10 January 2023, 16:16:33 by tassa_kay »
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #184 on: 10 January 2023, 16:38:28 »
Ravil was the Falcons, lol, while Marthe (older) was the Khan so . . .

But otherwise, yeah I agree . . . interestingly though, it would have made Natasha Bloodhouse Leader for N Kerensky or A Kerensky- whichever she is from.  Probably A Kerensky based on her attitude and how BT treats that sort of thing.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #185 on: 10 January 2023, 16:39:51 »
Well, you know how Falcons are... they love to scream about how traditional they are, they wear it in their plumage, but then flout tradition left and right because, well, every faction in BattleTech is made up of hypocrites when it's convenient for them.  ;D

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #186 on: 11 January 2023, 12:18:02 »
For whatever it's worth, Warriors of Kerensky states that house leaders are "traditionally the oldest Bloodnamed house members", so while there are certainly variations from Clan to Clan as with many things, it's probably safe to assume this is the default in the absence of canon stating otherwise. Note, too, that this has nothing to do with either rank or prestige. It's just seniority -- rather ironic for the warrior caste.
I don't think it by default goes to the oldest Bloodnamed house member, I think it's the inverse, that the oldest Bloodnamed house members are typically the House Leaders. Saying that to survive that long as Bloodnamed warrior you typically have to have the smarts, connections, etc. that you would need to become the House Leader first.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Kojak

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #187 on: 11 January 2023, 13:10:12 »
So not to completely change the subject, but I was working on something that caused me to re-read the piece in ilClan on Operation Reunion, and it got me wondering.

The Wolves-in-Exile disappeared from the known Commonwealth space in May of 3148, and then we don't "hear" from them again until Alaric dispatches Anastasia Kerensky to bring them back into the fold in November of 3150. So...what were they doing for the intervening year and a half? Where were they? What was their plan before Anastasia showed up? And how did she know where to find them?

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #188 on: 11 January 2023, 13:18:59 »
Answer: Blorp.

Real answer: Probably still Blorp. I don't think those particular plot points were really thought through.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #189 on: 11 January 2023, 13:45:54 »
And I think during that period they had some Warden Wolf warriors go over the the Crusader Wolves- such as the Weaver who won a Propagation on Solaris VII before Alaric moved.
Colt Ward

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #190 on: 11 January 2023, 16:21:07 »
So not to completely change the subject, but I was working on something that caused me to re-read the piece in ilClan on Operation Reunion, and it got me wondering.

The Wolves-in-Exile disappeared from the known Commonwealth space in May of 3148, and then we don't "hear" from them again until Alaric dispatches Anastasia Kerensky to bring them back into the fold in November of 3150. So...what were they doing for the intervening year and a half? Where were they? What was their plan before Anastasia showed up? And how did she know where to find them?
Per pg 26 of Shattered Fortress, they departed Arc Royal for Donegal and then I think they essentially hang out there and rebuild until they show up later on Terra.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

nova_dew

• Lieutenant
« Reply #191 on: 11 January 2023, 16:26:54 »
Per pg 26 of Shattered Fortress, they departed Arc Royal for Donegal and then I think they essentially hang out there and rebuild until they show up later on Terra.

I think that some of the Rec guides had them setting up clan spec production there, or helping someone set up clan spec production
A member of Clan Ghost Bears Legal Team

Church14

• Lieutenant
« Reply #192 on: 11 January 2023, 16:31:32 »
I had the impression they were building up for a strike to against the Falcons to retake territory, but now I’m not sure where I read that.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #193 on: 11 January 2023, 16:33:39 »
They already had production on Donegal when Arc Royal became the front lines.

And no, per Shattered Fortress they pulled off of Donegal and all the other worlds with no notice in that May of 3148.  Khan Miriam Shaw sent a note to the LCAF suggesting they garrison the two worlds the Wolves retook from the Falcons.  This was after Roderick Steiner won against Stephanie Christu on Coventry since she left that world and ended up landing on a Wolf cluster trying to retake a 3rd world before granting them hegira.
Colt Ward

Kojak

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #194 on: 11 January 2023, 19:58:55 »
Exactly. There's a year and change, almost two, when they're more or less fully unaccounted for. And since Alaric didn't dispatch Annie K to seal that deal until toward the end of that period, presumably they were up to something wholly unrelated.

- Klarg1

Kojak

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #195 on: 11 January 2023, 20:00:21 »
Answer: Blorp.

Real answer: Probably still Blorp. I don't think those particular plot points were really thought through.

As much as I wish we could blame Blaine here, he wasn't involved in writing Shattered Fortress, where the bulk of this happened.

- Klarg1

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #196 on: 12 January 2023, 00:26:51 »
As much as I wish we could blame Blaine here, he wasn't involved in writing Shattered Fortress, where the bulk of this happened.

Sure we can… at least half of it, anyway.. He had Anastasia go off-screen to grab the Exiles  instead of giving us what would surely have been a worthwhile scene of actually seeing that meeting and showing us where she went to get them.

nova_dew

• Lieutenant
« Reply #197 on: 12 January 2023, 03:36:33 »
They already had production on Donegal when Arc Royal became the front lines.

And no, per Shattered Fortress they pulled off of Donegal and all the other worlds with no notice in that May of 3148.  Khan Miriam Shaw sent a note to the LCAF suggesting they garrison the two worlds the Wolves retook from the Falcons.  This was after Roderick Steiner won against Stephanie Christu on Coventry since she left that world and ended up landing on a Wolf cluster trying to retake a 3rd world before granting them hegira.

Ah, i knew the Rec Guides mentioned they had production there, I thought it was after Arc Royal became the front lines
A member of Clan Ghost Bears Legal Team

HuronWarrior

• Sergeant
« Reply #198 on: 15 January 2023, 16:14:37 »
How many Wolf subfactions still exist besides the Dragoons?

And this may be a dumb question, but are the Steel Wolves and Steel Wolves Corp two different groups or does Sarna need to be updated?
https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Steel_Wolves
https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Steel_Wolves_Corp

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #199 on: 15 January 2023, 16:42:16 »
How many Wolf subfactions still exist besides the Dragoons?

And this may be a dumb question, but are the Steel Wolves and Steel Wolves Corp two different groups or does Sarna need to be updated?
https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Steel_Wolves
https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Steel_Wolves_Corp

they are different.

Steel Wolves Corp came out of when the OG Steel Wolves split apart after the Wolf Hunters took the best. The regular steel wolves reformed a little while later.

the new Steel Wolves are still active, they fought against the Clan Protectorate in the Marik worlds, for the FWL. The Wolf Hunters have been reabsorbed by Clan Wolf, when Asastasia became their sa-Khan. Steel Wolves Corp, no idea.
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #200 on: 15 January 2023, 20:12:23 »
Your best tracing is who the commander is . . . Star Colonel Xera took armor and some infantry and went off as mercs on her own.  The ASF commander left the mechwarrior after he betrayed his own lack of honor trying to kill Anastasia- he had promised to rebuild them and return to Tigress.  He got dead at some point I am sure so . . .

You have the armor & infantry component that went merc, and you have the Aero with some ground forces . . . that may or may not have survived to the 3140s.  IF they tried to return to Tigress they would have gotten steamrolled by Cappies otw.
Colt Ward

Spirit Cat Refugee

• Sergeant
  • Still alive
« Reply #201 on: 17 January 2023, 17:44:35 »
Star Colonel Xera is in control of the Steel Wolves mercenaries, Xera was aerospace, and they had a decent amount of 'mechs and elementals.

Steel Wolves Corp Mercenaries were founded by Nikola Demos, an armor commander who went her own way after Anastasia started Operation Apple Seed.

You think they'd recombine after so long and since they're both working for House Marik, or join the Clan Protectorate, but I guess not.
Clan Protectorate

Decoy

• Captain
« Reply #202 on: 17 January 2023, 19:59:52 »
It's a power dynamic. They both have their own thing. Why give it up or anything up to anyone else?
"I invented (the drink) PPCs in a time before the internet showed me the depth of human stupidity."-Michael Stackpole.

ShroudedSciuridae

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #203 on: 26 January 2023, 08:05:18 »
What does the Fortress Wall look like now? Either HotW or IC said they were going to keep it active but there's been a steady flow of JumpShips in and out of the system. Is Clan Wolf providing custom navigators to jump the other Khans' ships just outside the Wall and then to Terra (perhaps with special blindfolds so they don't know what's happening)? If they're just telling everyone now that really defeats the purpose of the Wall in the first place.
"Assassinating" the Clan commander's goldfish is hardly the stuff of legend.

Dr. Banzai

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • I am not the Dr. Banzai from Facebook/Youtube.
« Reply #204 on: 26 January 2023, 08:17:22 »
What does the Fortress Wall look like now? Either HotW or IC said they were going to keep it active but there's been a steady flow of JumpShips in and out of the system. Is Clan Wolf providing custom navigators to jump the other Khans' ships just outside the Wall and then to Terra (perhaps with special blindfolds so they don't know what's happening)? If they're just telling everyone now that really defeats the purpose of the Wall in the first place.
Willing to bet they have their Jumpships outside the wall, and will transfer Dropships to their Jumpships to go to Earth, then transfer them back when they leave.

I am not the Dr. Banzai from Facebook/Youtube. That person is a hateful person that does not represent the spirit of Buckaroo Banzai nor its fandom.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #205 on: 26 January 2023, 10:18:14 »
Yeah, but even a attached dropship's navigation system would still function . . . probably have their own ferrying in . . . though the Sea Foxes appear to be free to come & go.
Colt Ward

CJC070

• Lieutenant
« Reply #206 on: 26 January 2023, 12:07:38 »
Yeah, but even a attached dropship's navigation system would still function . . . probably have their own ferrying in . . . though the Sea Foxes appear to be free to come & go.

When Clan Wolf and Jade Falcon found out about the “hole” in the Fortress Wall the Sea Foxes found out at the same time.  Thinking about Stones strategy of letting the Clans in there is probably only one way in and out. 

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #207 on: 26 January 2023, 12:14:29 »
The Fortress was easily penetrated as long as you're not doing long-range jumps.  Jump to somewhere say 30 AU from Sol, somewhere in the ecliptic so you're as far away from the standard jump points as you can be.  Then jump again to where you want to go; your emergence wave will be too short-lived for the defenders to call up a spare jump drive to mess up your own jump.  You'll have already arrived by the time they can do anything about it.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #208 on: 26 January 2023, 12:34:39 »
The Fortress was easily penetrated as long as you're not doing long-range jumps.  Jump to somewhere say 30 AU from Sol, somewhere in the ecliptic so you're as far away from the standard jump points as you can be.  Then jump again to where you want to go; your emergence wave will be too short-lived for the defenders to call up a spare jump drive to mess up your own jump.  You'll have already arrived by the time they can do anything about it.

That’s not really important…it’s who knows to do that. And honestly now it’s a lot of people.
RasDom, Sea Fox (not sure all khanates have the knowledge), fed suns, plus the two groups on terra (their remants outside don’t know, they didn’t get the info until they were poised at Terra. Well JF might actually, given how they got send in piecemeal.)
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
  • Stephanie & Jiyi Chistu "Restoring Honor to CJF !"
    • Clan Jade Falcon:  SWTOR
« Reply #209 on: 27 January 2023, 05:58:34 »
Fed suns ?

Register