Author Topic: Upcoming Releases XXI: Urbie's Beer Run  (Read 141735 times)

Weirdo

• Painter of Borth the Magic Puma
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
  • We can do it. We have to.
    • Christina Dickinson Writes
Re: Upcoming Releases XXI: Urbie's Beer Run
« Reply #120 on: 06 September 2021, 19:12:43 »
I would like a complete zag and have a bombardier in there. That was a relatively rare mech the dragoons showed up with, right?

Not particularly, no. That mech has never been associated with the Dragoons.
My wife writes books

Sixteen tons means sixteen suits. CT must be repaired.

"Damn you, Weirdo... Damn you for being right!" - Paul

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #121 on: 06 September 2021, 19:17:37 »
I'm just hoping the final round of Rec Guides will include the Shogun, because that looks like the only way we'll see record sheets for the 3E and C 2 anytime soon.
I have spoken.

Tyrant

• Sergeant
« Reply #122 on: 06 September 2021, 19:30:47 »
There is a Wolf’s Dragoons themed ForcePack (not box). The Annihilator is in it. It’s not (at all!) indicative of themed or faction ForcePacks. Nor is it  connected to any forthcoming Kickstarter. Can’t say anything else at this time.
If you can answer, when you say Force Pack do you mean like the Lance/Star/Level II sets from the Kickstarter?

Fat Guy

• Major
« Reply #123 on: 06 September 2021, 19:34:53 »
I'm pretty sure that's what he means.
I have spoken.

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #124 on: 06 September 2021, 19:41:43 »
I'm just hoping the final round of Rec Guides will include the Shogun, because that looks like the only way we'll see record sheets for the 3E and C 2 anytime soon.

I'm just hoping for some mention of the Niops Association resuming production of something.  Already missed it on the Highlander and Black Knight, two 'Mechs they did produce pre-Jihad.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #125 on: 06 September 2021, 19:42:15 »
I would assume "box" would refer to something like a Beginner Box or Clan Invasion kit. Can't imagine using ForcePack for anything else than they're already, would just cause confusion.

Fat Guy

• Major
« Reply #126 on: 06 September 2021, 19:46:41 »
From upthread:

There is a Wolf’s Dragoons themed ForcePack (not box). The Annihilator is in it. It’s not (at all!) indicative of themed or faction ForcePacks. Nor is it  connected to any forthcoming Kickstarter. Can’t say anything else at this time.
I have spoken.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #127 on: 06 September 2021, 19:55:16 »
Except that non-Classic, extant Spheroid 'Mechs haven't gotten multiple variants, only one featured variant.
I would assume it would be extremely unlikely the Shogun would get a full entry, instead being relegated to a one-third entry and only one new variant.
Granted, that could be either the 3E or C 2, but the other would go unseen.

Of course, i suppose it is possible these mini-entries could get variants, but that seems unlikely.

I will note that the RGs have so mentioned few variants that didn't get record sheets (Stinger Cs, Wolfs Dragoons Stone Rhino from Misery, others?), so i'm guessing these might be reserved for a future product, or perhaps they will debut with compilation RG.
And there's always a chance the 3150NTNU and Prototypes unabridged will surface in some manner.

Somewhat related, i wonder if the Atlas will get a full entry or a one-third entry. It is iconic enough it could get a full entry, but at the same time it ain't a classic. But at least two modern Atlas variants have been hinted at: a Kuritan upgrade with Ballistic-Reinforced armor (Marauder II entry) and a C 2-model from BattleTech Legends.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #128 on: 06 September 2021, 20:01:59 »
Except that non-Classic, extant Spheroid 'Mechs haven't gotten multiple variants, only one featured variant.
I would assume it would be extremely unlikely the Shogun would get a full entry, instead being relegated to a one-third entry and only one new variant.
Granted, that could be either the 3E or C 2, but the other would go unseen.

He was talking about a RS, and the 1/3 page mechs still had IIRC other variants.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #129 on: 06 September 2021, 20:12:26 »
Will have to double check but I don’t think so

nothing that has been on a 3:1 page has received more than one variant. they may very well go crazy and break pattern in the final series but precedent says don't get your hopes up
« Last Edit: 06 September 2021, 20:56:14 by Sartris »

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #130 on: 06 September 2021, 20:41:13 »
Not announced previously.
Due to some jerk named Cubby holding it up to try to time it ahead of "Rock" coming out, only to have to post it without build-up to stay ahead of fiction. That guy is the worst.

Hey, it's ALWAYS Cool to Surprise us every now and then!   :thumbsup:

Ya'll keep up the AWE . . . AMAZING work!   :beer:  :clap:  :clap:
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #131 on: 06 September 2021, 21:19:37 »
Who do I need to bribe to find out what Jade Falcon paint schemes are going to look like post-IlClan, if there's any change at all?  There are definitely not 10+ Galaxies' worth of anything to reform into.  Not knowing has my Falcons idling in neutral until I know I'm not painting a dead unit.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #132 on: 06 September 2021, 21:30:33 »
the 1/3 page mechs still had IIRC other variants.
nope

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #133 on: 06 September 2021, 21:35:46 »
Who do I need to bribe to find out what Jade Falcon paint schemes are going to look like post-IlClan, if there's any change at all?  There are definitely not 10+ Galaxies' worth of anything to reform into.  Not knowing has my Falcons idling in neutral until I know I'm not painting a dead unit.

I have been waiting on the same thing. I want to do vau cause it lets me reuse my colors for other factions, but my desire for every era units is too strong. I’d rather be forced to buy some extra paints.
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

StoryReader

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #134 on: 06 September 2021, 23:05:49 »
I'm basically content to be a wait-er....and I DO fully appreciate all the fun new stuff on the schedule  :) ....but any word re: prt 3 (and the PoD compilation) of Herb's Jardine cycle?

I'd also LOVE to see an update on fiction for the coming months!   :thumbsup:

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #135 on: 06 September 2021, 23:09:04 »
They're all the same except they've got plaids instead of solid colors
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #136 on: 06 September 2021, 23:11:22 »
Green on green I assume.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #137 on: 06 September 2021, 23:13:06 »
They're all the same except they've got plaids instead of solid colors

"It's the Spaceballs!  They've gone PLAID!"
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #138 on: 07 September 2021, 07:28:00 »
Green on green I assume.

With emerald piping, yes.

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #139 on: 07 September 2021, 08:18:21 »
Due to some jerk named Cubby holding it up to try to time it ahead of "Rock" coming out, only to have to post it without build-up to stay ahead of fiction. That guy is the worst.

Naah. Stefan Amaris is the worst. Cubby's just human.
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #140 on: 07 September 2021, 09:04:38 »
I'd also LOVE to see an update on fiction for the coming months!   :thumbsup:

Yeah, I didn't get those details in time for the update on Friday, but I have them now. I'll update the page at some point today. And, I'll post here when it's done, no need to refresh constantly.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #141 on: 07 September 2021, 09:43:39 »
Not like one can navigate to Coming Releases on the main page anyhow, as drop-down links don't seem to work :/

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #142 on: 07 September 2021, 09:45:51 »
Not like one can navigate to Coming Releases on the main page anyhow, as drop-down links don't seem to work :/

Click on either News or Books, and both of those pages have links to Coming Releases (click here for Coming Releases on both pages).
Though both links  are rather understated.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #143 on: 07 September 2021, 10:16:11 »
Ah, thank you.
Hopefully CGL has someone getting stuff fixed/updated eventually.

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #144 on: 07 September 2021, 11:01:19 »
If I had to guess what would be in a Wolf's Dragon Force Pack I would say it had the following
Imp, Shogun Annihilator Hoplite, Falcon, Hornet, Flea, Firefly.
And I would glady pay $40 US for that pack!  :D
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #145 on: 07 September 2021, 11:22:13 »
If I had to guess what would be in a Wolf's Dragon Force Pack I would say it had the following

Personally I'd pass on a Wolf's Dragoons pack--but I'd be happy that more models would be out there for the folks who liked them.

I remember reading through the original TRO 3050 way back when it first came out (early 90's I suppose?) and thinking "why in the world did they devote so many pages to mechs ONLY in use in the Dragoons?" 

I also thought, "OMG the Imp is an Urbie, made even uglier, that ate his Wheaties!"

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #146 on: 07 September 2021, 11:24:47 »
Personally I'd pass on a Wolf's Dragoons pack--

You don't even know what's in it yet.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #147 on: 07 September 2021, 11:36:25 »

I would give strong odds on it containing 4 units (like the existing IS force packs) with 5 as my second place guess. I think seven is unlikely. (Of course, I have been wrong many times before)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #148 on: 07 September 2021, 11:41:11 »

Ugh, horrible spread . . . 3 fat assaults, a slow med and bunch of weak lights.  The Flea does not need to be included, it is available for other factions.

What mechs have we seen art for at this time?  Annihilator?  Imp?  If they are not duplicating any of the KS mechs (Like the ARC-2W or WSP-1W, or even MADII) you need to consider a few things- first off, what AS lance role are you going to assign to the lance (unless force pack means lances x2) since CGL is doing mini products that way.  Personally I would expect mech designs the Dragoons have in common with other mercs (b/c they sold to them) so it carries over w/o being niche.  So . . . Annihilator, Shogun (has 3140s variant already and from the Foxes at that time), Gallowglas, and Hoplite as a Brawler Lance?

klarg1, he cited 8 even if the did not place the comma, lol.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #149 on: 07 September 2021, 11:45:03 »

My guess for WD force pack would be Annihilator, Imp, Falcon, Firefly.
This gives two pairs of equal tonnage and these 'Mechs are quite useful for playing Operation Klondike.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme & Nebula Confederation

Register