Author Topic: Upcoming Releases XXI: Urbie's Beer Run  (Read 141753 times)

Doc Swift

• Freelance Writer
  • Warrant Officer
  • Buy my new book on Amazon!
    • My Amazon Author page
Re: Upcoming Releases XXI: Urbie's Beer Run
« Reply #180 on: 11 September 2021, 08:58:56 »
Bit weird that that is their only divergence from typical Hanseatic organization. 16 'Mech Companies, 16 Squad BA Companies, just the only difference seeming to be using 4-suit squads instead of Hanseatic 5-suit squads.

Yep, they're unique.

Starfury

• Lieutenant
« Reply #181 on: 11 September 2021, 13:55:02 »
Schmidt's Petraries has become my new favorite command unit. Great writing, Doc Swift, just like all of the Hanseatic Leauge and other small Periphery work you've written.

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #182 on: 11 September 2021, 14:19:21 »
The next Light Horse short: Failings in Teaching is up on the Catalyst store.

It's not on B&N yet unfortunately.

Edit: It is now.
« Last Edit: 11 September 2021, 15:06:49 by Fat Guy »
I have spoken.

bobthecoward

• Captain
« Reply #183 on: 11 September 2021, 15:00:33 »
love the ih-rid-n-ahy light horse

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
« Reply #184 on: 11 September 2021, 15:03:07 »
Then give Failings in Teaching a 5 Star rating everywhere you can ;)
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

Doc Swift

• Freelance Writer
  • Warrant Officer
    • My Amazon Author page
« Reply #185 on: 11 September 2021, 15:57:47 »
Schmidt's Petraries has become my new favorite command unit. Great writing, Doc Swift, just like all of the Hanseatic Leauge and other small Periphery work you've written.

Thanks!   :)

bobthecoward

• Captain
« Reply #186 on: 11 September 2021, 16:04:54 »
This is poor form...but I'm kinda waiting until Granada before I double back and purchases scorpion/hanse/Castile products. I'm hoping they stick the landing on the Umayyad reveal.

Orwell84

• Lieutenant
« Reply #187 on: 11 September 2021, 17:10:24 »
Then give Failings in Teaching a 5 Star rating everywhere you can ;)

I buy short stories from Catalyst rather than Kobo but I'll try to do that anyway. It wasn't the Clan Invasion era story I was expecting but perhaps all the more powerful for it. Well done sir :thumbsup:

I'm hoping they stick the landing on the Umayyad reveal.

Huh? "Stick the landing" - as in, no Umayyad reveal after all? Or totally blow our socks off?
All Clan totems are equal but some are more equal than others.

"The Succession Wars solved no problem. Their effects, both immediate and indirect, were either negative or disastrous. Morally subversive, economically destructive, socially degrading, confused in their causes, devious in their course, futile in their results, they are the outstanding example in Spheroid history of meaningless conflict."
The Third Star League's view of the Succession Wars, plagiarised from an ancient Terran historian's judgement of the Thirty Years War.

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • My Author Website
« Reply #188 on: 11 September 2021, 17:15:35 »
I buy short stories from Catalyst rather than Kobo but I'll try to do that anyway. It wasn't the Clan Invasion era story I was expecting but perhaps all the more powerful for it. Well done sir :thumbsup:

Thank you. :)

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

bobthecoward

• Captain
« Reply #189 on: 11 September 2021, 17:49:39 »

Huh? "Stick the landing" - as in, no Umayyad reveal after all? Or totally blow our socks off?

Good execution of the reveal. I don't care what the reveal is specifically, only that the reveal is not ambiguous.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #190 on: 11 September 2021, 17:55:01 »
Doc, your OP:SP book was very good.  Thank you for writing it.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Orwell84

• Lieutenant
« Reply #191 on: 11 September 2021, 18:05:03 »
Good execution of the reveal. I don't care what the reveal is specifically, only that the reveal is not ambiguous.

Ah yes, understand you now. Totally agree. Ambiguous revelations in fiction are sometimes good and proper, but far more often just frustrating and pointless.

"The Succession Wars solved no problem. Their effects, both immediate and indirect, were either negative or disastrous. Morally subversive, economically destructive, socially degrading, confused in their causes, devious in their course, futile in their results, they are the outstanding example in Spheroid history of meaningless conflict."
The Third Star League's view of the Succession Wars, plagiarised from an ancient Terran historian's judgement of the Thirty Years War.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #192 on: 11 September 2021, 18:37:18 »
This conversation was going along fine until someone brought Clan Wolverine into it!  ;D

Whoops!   >:D

Just kidding, I'm sure the Umayyads have a good story that does not lead us back into old well-worn territory.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

bobthecoward

• Captain
« Reply #193 on: 11 September 2021, 19:35:31 »
This conversation was going along fine until someone brought Clan Wolverine into it!  ;D

Whoops!   >:D

Just kidding, I'm sure the Umayyads have a good story that does not lead us back into old well-worn territory.

In a sense, I don't care if they are or are not the wolverines, only that we leave Granada confident they are or are not.

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #194 on: 11 September 2021, 19:38:30 »
My money is still on the 295th Battlemech Division.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #195 on: 11 September 2021, 19:39:35 »
In a sense, I don't care if they are or are not the wolverines, only that we leave Granada confident they are or are not.

Yes, I've been curious ever since Explorer Corps.

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Doc Swift

• Freelance Writer
  • Warrant Officer
    • My Amazon Author page
« Reply #196 on: 11 September 2021, 19:48:12 »
Doc, your OP:SP book was very good.  Thank you for writing it.

Appreciate it!

VhenRa

• Captain
« Reply #197 on: 11 September 2021, 20:18:20 »

Eh, survivors who fled from Buffalo Meadows? Doesn't really fit with the whole "deleting their own history, on purpose" aspect IMHO. Needs to have been fleeing something more dangerous then "We were a bunch of SLDF stragglers who conducted our own failed Exodus, landed on a planet and started dying out and then deserted from the deserters".

You don't attempt to delete your own history unless the cost of someone finding out about it is sufficiently high.

Orwell84

• Lieutenant
« Reply #198 on: 11 September 2021, 21:08:40 »

Eh, survivors who fled from Buffalo Meadows? Doesn't really fit with the whole "deleting their own history, on purpose" aspect IMHO. Needs to have been fleeing something more dangerous then "We were a bunch of SLDF stragglers who conducted our own failed Exodus, landed on a planet and started dying out and then deserted from the deserters".

You don't attempt to delete your own history unless the cost of someone finding out about it is sufficiently high.

Another non-Wolverine possibility is ex-Pentagon denizens fleeing Kerensky's Clans. The timing is a little off but they might have wandered for a few years or tried colonising elsewhere first. It could also be the Minnesota Tribe was this group, led by an ex-331st Division retiree rather than an actual Wolverine.

Ex-RWR soldiers wanted for war crimes is another idea, but the timing doesn't fit there.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #199 on: 11 September 2021, 21:22:33 »
Survivors from a "lost" colonization attempt,  perhaps?  I know I read somewhere that many colony fleets over the centuries were unaccounted from inception to departure.

Or Succesion Wars refugees, maybe. That's the simplest answer to me.

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • My Author Website
« Reply #200 on: 12 September 2021, 00:39:48 »
If you are interested, I provided some insight into the writing process behind "Failings in Teaching".
Have fun with it.
Spoiler alert, though.
Also, it's in German. So you might want to use a translation tool in your browser or this Gooogle Translate link:
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&u=https://hpgstation.de/2021/09/11/fuer-die-eridani-light-horses-schreiben-spoilergefahr/

Original link (google free):
https://hpgstation.de/2021/09/11/fuer-die-eridani-light-horses-schreiben-spoilergefahr/

VhenRa

• Captain
« Reply #201 on: 12 September 2021, 07:15:40 »
Another non-Wolverine possibility is ex-Pentagon denizens fleeing Kerensky's Clans. The timing is a little off but they might have wandered for a few years or tried colonising elsewhere first. It could also be the Minnesota Tribe was this group, led by an ex-331st Division retiree rather than an actual Wolverine.

Ex-RWR soldiers wanted for war crimes is another idea, but the timing doesn't fit there.

Honestly, my money is if Umayyads are Wolverines, they aren't from the main group that we see. We know one of the 3 Scouting/Screening groups were MIA after Barbados. [Trish Ebon found the other one and she was commanding one of them so the third is MiA]

ShroudedSciuridae

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #202 on: 12 September 2021, 10:12:05 »
This is what I'm tracking for our current slate of products coming, including some KickStarter items

Brush Wars: Battle of Dahlgren (3SW Carlye's Commandos and Sword of Light)
BW: Burrock Absorbtion
BW: 1st Combine Ghost Bears War
BW: Operation GUERRERO
BW: St Ive's War
Eridani Light Horse Chronicles x4
Forgotten Worlds: Escape From Jardine
Founding of the Clans: Visions of Rebirth
Founding of the Clans: Land of Dreams
Honor & Glory #4 (KS novella and possibly others, keeping track of what stories were what is tricky)
Recognition Guide x6 (series expanded from 22 to 24)
Spotlight On: Hellion Keshik
Spotlight On: Payne's Raiders
Spotlight On: Snord's Irregulars
Spotlight On: The Stealths
Touring the Stars: Granada
Batchall (KS Scenario)
BattleMech Technical Blueprints, Volume 1
Battletech Universe
Blitzkrieg (KS Scenario)
Camospecs: A Guide to Faction Paint Scheme
Camospecs: A Unit Art Manual
Den of Wolves (KS Novel on Wolf's Dragoons founding)
Empire Alone (ilClan aftermath in FWL)
Grand Melee (KiS scenario)
MechCommander's Handbook
No Substitute for Victory (ilClan aftermath in Jade Falcon OZ)
Shrapnel #06
Shrapnel #07
Shrapnel #08 (and likely green light for #09-12!)
Tamar Rising
Touring the Stars: Rocky

Am I missing any?  Have any of the Kickstarter things been released and I missed them?
« Last Edit: 12 September 2021, 10:17:33 by ShroudedSciuridae »
"Assassinating" the Clan commander's goldfish is hardly the stuff of legend.

nova_dew

• Lieutenant
« Reply #203 on: 12 September 2021, 12:42:24 »
This is what I'm tracking for our current slate of products coming, including some KickStarter items

Am I missing any?  Have any of the Kickstarter things been released and I missed them?

AMA had them mention that they're going to cover the Nova Cat's death at some point, there might have been other mentions of other stuff coming at some point maybe in a list of possible realities that might include this one,

Didn't know about the BW: 1st Combine Dominion War
A member of Clan Ghost Bears Legal Team

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #204 on: 12 September 2021, 12:57:19 »
Nova Cats death was already covered in depth in the 2nd Bush Wars I believe
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #205 on: 12 September 2021, 13:05:00 »
Nova Cats death was already covered in depth in the 2nd Bush Wars I believe
Ahhh...no.  Not the extinction by the Draconis Combine.  2nd Bush Wars / Wars of the Republic Era covers the Ghost Bear War with Nova Cats / DC.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #206 on: 12 September 2021, 16:10:28 »
Ahhh...no.  Not the extinction by the Draconis Combine.  2nd Bush Wars / Wars of the Republic Era covers the Ghost Bear War with Nova Cats / DC.

I thought that was covered the Bears used cruise missile artillery to flatten the capital on Irece :'(
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Orwell84

• Lieutenant
« Reply #207 on: 12 September 2021, 16:27:56 »
No Substitute for Victory (ilClan aftermath in Jade Falcon OZ)
Tamar Rising

Aren't these two the same thing? ???

Or is No Substitute for Victory a novel or novella?

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #208 on: 12 September 2021, 18:31:26 »
Novella
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

five_corparty

• Lieutenant
« Reply #209 on: 13 September 2021, 06:14:58 »
If you are interested, I provided some insight into the writing process behind "Failings in Teaching".
Have fun with it.
Spoiler alert, though.
Also, it's in German. So you might want to use a translation tool in your browser or this Gooogle Translate link:
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&u=https://hpgstation.de/2021/09/11/fuer-die-eridani-light-horses-schreiben-spoilergefahr/

Original link (google free):
https://hpgstation.de/2021/09/11/fuer-die-eridani-light-horses-schreiben-spoilergefahr/

Why aren't the ELH stories getting plugs on this or the front page anymore?  If you hadn't said something, my friend, I would have never known yours was out!  :P

Register