Author Topic: Upcoming Releases XXI: Urbie's Beer Run  (Read 141730 times)

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
Re: Upcoming Releases XXI: Urbie's Beer Run
« Reply #270 on: 17 September 2021, 13:28:35 »
Ding ding ding.

And that's not an open invitation to pitch us your ideas about Wars of Reaving II: Reave Harder. We have SO much we need to set up in the Inner Sphere, that's so much more relevant to establishing/re-establishing the setting as an environment for play, before we can even put our brains there. "Hey, the ilClan is cool and all, but what about the Homeworld Clans??" is like hearing your state has been overthrown by violent radicals and asking, "That's cool but what's happening on Tierra Del Fuego."

Further conversation about the Homeworld Clans (including this post, mods--I'm not immune!) needs to be moved to its own thread. (Which would be the 390th iteration of such a thread.) I have a new product to drop in the next 20 minutes and I don't want it buried.

I’ve set my timer... ;)
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
  • Join the Brotherhood, our mechs are cuter!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #271 on: 17 September 2021, 13:44:18 »
Ding ding ding.

" is like hearing your state has been overthrown by violent radicals and asking, "That's cool but what's happening on Tierra Del Fuego."

Is still freezing, and they are dealing with a invasion by the joint Dogs-Beavers forces. Aside that, not too much.  ;D
Oh my brother, with your courage we can conquer,
In your sword I put my trust that you will honor
I will be the higher ground should you concede it
And my body be your shield if you should need it.

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #272 on: 17 September 2021, 13:45:05 »
It’s simply irrelevant. Really that simple.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #273 on: 17 September 2021, 13:49:26 »
I’ve been in such a blender at work this week that I totally forgot we have NEW STUFF

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

bobthecoward

• Captain
« Reply #274 on: 17 September 2021, 13:51:05 »
I’ve been in such a blender at work this week that I totally forgot we have NEW STUFF

Does Granada deliver resolution on a mystery? will we know in a few hours?!?

tick tock

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #275 on: 17 September 2021, 13:56:26 »
A Game of Armored Combat Box Set Back in Stock; Touring the Stars: Granada Now Available!

The Umayyads. Mysterious invaders of Nueva Castile, their origins have been one of the lingering secrets of BattleTech–until today!

Today’s new release, Touring the Stars: Granada, reveals the innermost secrets of the Umayyads, and provides more detail about their long-running conflict with the residents of Nueva Castile. (Before the Goliath Scorpions sorted things out for them, that is…)

Also, the A Game of Armored Combat boxed set is back in stock in our web store today!! The box should also be available via your local retailer through normal distribution. Further reprints of core product, including the Beginner Box, is in-process–we’ll share more info as soon as we have it.

Touring the Stars: Granada
Price: $2.99 (PDF Only)

Granada: called “The Pumpkin” by everyone but its inhabitants, this oblate planet is probably the fastest-spinning world settled by humanity. Like other worlds of the Nueva Castilian cluster, it is water-rich and very compatible with terrestrial life, allowing humans to thrive.

Granada has seen key events in Castilian history: the collapse of its original central government, the invasion of refugees from the Clan worlds, and the birth of the Umayyads. The Seekers of Clan Goliath Scorpion have delved into this history, answering burning questions of the Umayyads’ mysterious origins.

Touring the Stars is a whistle-stop tour of the universe! Every system and planet where mankind treads in the BattleTech universe has a story, for those with the drive to explore it. Take a tour of the stars humanity now calls home, experience awesome new worlds, immerse yourself in the local civilization, and prepare to do battle in exotic locales.

Catalyst Game Labs web store: https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/products/battletech-touring-the-stars-granada
DriveThruRPG: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/371088/BattleTech-Touring-the-Stars-Granada
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #276 on: 17 September 2021, 14:33:52 »
Not Wolverines.
I have spoken.

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
    • Jade Corsair
« Reply #277 on: 17 September 2021, 15:48:04 »
Not Wolverines.

It was never going to be.   The fate of Clan Wolverine will not be revealed ina Touring the Stars.

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #278 on: 17 September 2021, 16:27:30 »
My download has the same number as my copy of TTS Gulf Breeze: E-CAT32SN230

Weirdo

• Painter of Borth the Magic Puma
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
  • We can do it. We have to.
    • Christina Dickinson Writes
« Reply #279 on: 17 September 2021, 16:39:49 »
...well, I definitely did not expect that. Very unexpected origin, kudos!
My wife writes books

Sixteen tons means sixteen suits. CT must be repaired.

"Damn you, Weirdo... Damn you for being right!" - Paul

Orwell84

• Lieutenant
« Reply #280 on: 17 September 2021, 16:40:46 »
Not Wolverines.

It was never going to be.   The fate of Clan Wolverine will not be revealed ina Touring the Stars.

A good reveal, kudos to the authors for making the Wolverines plausible to outside observers at first glance but actually being contemporaries from a similar source (those anti-Clan escapees must be spinning in their graves). Plus finding a plausible way to account for discrepancies between authentic Islam & the Arabic language and the version practiced by the Umayyads.

Glad the Portuguese side of Nueva Castile got some spotlight as well. Even if their planet's names, like Lipizzaner stallions, originated from Spain not Portugal.
All Clan totems are equal but some are more equal than others.

"The Succession Wars solved no problem. Their effects, both immediate and indirect, were either negative or disastrous. Morally subversive, economically destructive, socially degrading, confused in their causes, devious in their course, futile in their results, they are the outstanding example in Spheroid history of meaningless conflict."
The Third Star League's view of the Succession Wars, plagiarised from an ancient Terran historian's judgement of the Thirty Years War.

Doc Swift

• Freelance Writer
  • Warrant Officer
  • Buy my new book on Amazon!
    • My Amazon Author page
« Reply #281 on: 17 September 2021, 17:19:46 »
And that's not an open invitation to pitch us your ideas about Wars of Reaving II: Reave Harder. We have SO much we need to set up in the Inner Sphere, that's so much more relevant to establishing/re-establishing the setting as an environment for play, before we can even put our brains there. "Hey, the ilClan is cool and all, but what about the Homeworld Clans??" is like hearing your state has been overthrown by violent radicals and asking, "That's cool but what's happening on Tierra Del Fuego."

Copy that. New Homeworld capital is Tierra Del Fuego. Annnnnnd, go!

Glad folks like the TtS. I've got next week on my radar, too.
« Last Edit: 17 September 2021, 17:21:50 by Doc Swift »

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #282 on: 17 September 2021, 17:22:51 »
Granada will be mine... tomorrow lol
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

VhenRa

• Captain
« Reply #283 on: 18 September 2021, 05:11:30 »
I've got a question for TtS Grenada?

What is the unreliable quirk?

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #284 on: 18 September 2021, 10:04:16 »
Grenada is a fun sounding world with all the gravity changes and day changes
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #285 on: 18 September 2021, 10:45:34 »
Ding ding ding.

Reasonable argument.

However  ;)

What I have meant is simply some minor information from the rumor mill. Similar as it was in Interstellar Players 3 (a pity that it was published after WoR).
For this Voices of the Sphere or Secrets or the Sphere article series would be ideal, imho. In these series you have gotten the rumur mill quite spinning.

We Home Clans fans are very humble, we do not ask for much. But getting absolut nothing for years now is very frustrating.
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Weirdo

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
« Reply #286 on: 18 September 2021, 21:00:26 »
Something occurred to me after looking at that Annihilator in the GenCon thread shortly after reading TtS Granada. Most of the mechs that we associate with the Dragoons also work perfectly for a Pentagon Powers or early Clan force... :)
My wife writes books

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #287 on: 18 September 2021, 22:49:26 »
That's not exactly out of left field though. What else could they equip the Dragoons with?
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #288 on: 19 September 2021, 00:35:21 »
hornets. dozens of hornets.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #289 on: 19 September 2021, 00:41:13 »
Showgun, Falcon, War Dog, Gallowglas
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #290 on: 19 September 2021, 00:44:05 »
That's not exactly out of left field though. What else could they equip the Dragoons with?

A 2D cardboard punch out of John Waco.

Thin cardboard.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #291 on: 19 September 2021, 06:03:46 »
hornets. dozens of hornets.

And Fleas. All sorts of bug ‘Mechs.

And Falcons for command ‘Mechs. Just for something different.

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Weirdo

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
« Reply #292 on: 19 September 2021, 09:41:33 »
Gotta be honest, an Annihilator running babysitter on a bunch of Bug Mechs is not a pack I would turn down. :D
My wife writes books

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #293 on: 19 September 2021, 09:47:26 »
They could cross market it as the HBS Training Day lance, if they market it right.   ;D

Gotta be honest, an Annihilator running babysitter on a bunch of Bug Mechs is not a pack I would turn down. :D

five_corparty

• Lieutenant
« Reply #294 on: 19 September 2021, 22:08:20 »

LOVE IT.  Scorpion Empire Cadre Star, or something.  :)

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #295 on: 20 September 2021, 23:57:03 »
A Rock and a Hard Place now up on amazon (no PoD yet)

PsylockeSmythe

• Corporal
« Reply #296 on: 21 September 2021, 06:52:34 »
A Rock and a Hard Place now up on amazon (no PoD yet)

PoD is now available on Amazon.  Just placed my order.

Psy

Fat Guy

• Major
I have spoken.

Joewrightgm

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #298 on: 21 September 2021, 07:56:36 »
So can we get a black and white confirmation that the Wolf’s Dragoons Star pack is legit?

Fat Guy

• Major
I have spoken.