Author Topic: Upcoming Releases XXI: Urbie's Beer Run  (Read 141774 times)

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
Re: Upcoming Releases XXI: Urbie's Beer Run
« Reply #301 on: 21 September 2021, 08:58:13 »
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

Weirdo

• Painter of Borth the Magic Puma
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
  • We can do it. We have to.
    • Christina Dickinson Writes
My wife writes books

Sixteen tons means sixteen suits. CT must be repaired.

"Damn you, Weirdo... Damn you for being right!" - Paul

IronSphinx

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • Robots!!!
    • PlayBattletech
« Reply #303 on: 21 September 2021, 09:32:37 »
Annihilator, Rifleman, Archer, Mad Cat... Is that a BlackJack Omni in the set?  ???
« Last Edit: 21 September 2021, 09:34:50 by IronSphinx »
Charles "IronSphinx" Wilson (CDT #66)
=======================
Want to find a Battletech game in Michigan?
Go to www.playbattletech.org.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #304 on: 21 September 2021, 09:34:27 »
Is that a BlackJack Omni in the set?  ???
No, a variant of normal Blackjack. Says so in description.
Think it is BJ-2 model, twin ERLLs and quad Streak SRM-2s.

IronSphinx

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • Robots!!!
    • PlayBattletech
« Reply #305 on: 21 September 2021, 09:35:35 »
No, a variant of normal Blackjack. Says so in description.
Think it is BJ-2 model, twin ERLLs and quad Streak SRM-2s.
Ah, gotcha. Thanks.  :thumbsup:

The little nubs with indentations on top of the streaks made it look like it had paired LRM5s.
Charles "IronSphinx" Wilson (CDT #66)
=======================
Want to find a Battletech game in Michigan?
Go to www.playbattletech.org.

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #306 on: 21 September 2021, 09:35:45 »
Looks like the BJ-2.

I have spoken.

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #307 on: 21 September 2021, 10:47:47 »
Between this and Blitz Bowl, Barnes & Noble is getting as much of my mini money as my FLGS.
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #308 on: 21 September 2021, 10:49:24 »
Wolf Dragoons ForcePack Available for Pre-Order, Plus New Gray Death Legion Novel by Bill Keith!

A big, big day here for mercenary MechWarriors–the Barnes & Noble exclusive Wolf Dragoons Assault Star ForcePack is available for pre-order! The expected availability date for this item is Dec. 15, 2021, so be sure to….annihilate…your holiday season with this exciting new pack.

But that’s not all. Like the Dragoons, the Gray Death Legion is a fan-favorite, elite mercenary unit revered across the Inner Sphere. As the story of a new incarnation of the GDL plays out in the ilClan Era, we are thrilled to offer this brand-new, full-length novel by original GDL author William H. Keith, set in the classic era of the Legion’s early days!

Wolf Dragoons Assault Star
Pre-order: $30.00 (Barnes and Noble Exclusive)

The Wolf’s Dragoons are the most well-known and respected mercenary command in the Inner Sphere and their MechWarriors are some of the most skilled and feared across hundreds of worlds. Once more, the Inner Sphere is poised for war and the Wolf’s Dragoons are on the forefront.

This B&N Exclusive Expansion set includes the new Annihilator, as well as re-posed Timber Wolf and Rifleman and new variants of the Archer and Blackjack BattleMechs – no assembly required – along with 10 MechWarrior pilot cards and five Alpha Strike cards! Perfect for BattleTech and Alpha Strike action!

Unleash the Wolf’s Dragoon Assault Star on your enemies! This Barnes & Noble exclusive includes:
5 High quality, fully assembled, (Unpainted) miniatures
10 MechWarrior Cards
5 Alpha Strike Cards

Barnes & Noble Pre-Order – Click here
Expected Availability Date: Dec. 15, 2021

A Rock and a Hard Place
A Gray Death Legion novel by William H. Keith
E-pub: $6.99 / Print-on-Demand: $14.95

ALIVE OR DEAD…

Just a few months after their universe-shaking campaign on Helm, and the distribution of the Helm Memory Core, all Grayson Carlyle and his Gray Death Legion want is to settle into their new home on Glengarry. But they barely touch down on-planet when a Lyran Commonwealth general contacts the GDL, intent on hiring them to track down and capture Draconis Combine agents behind a daring raid on Lyons.

Tracking the Kurita raiders to the Draconis border system of Valdis—better known as Wheel—Grayson and his people have their work cut out for them. The system’s main feature is literally a wheel-shaped deep-space station and recharge facility at the Valdis star’s zenith jump point. Its structure means a direct assault with BattleMechs will be extremely risky, both because of the tight quarters and the very real danger of an errant shot or missile depressurizing and destroying the entire station. Also, Grayson will be splitting his force, with Lori Kalmar providing a decoy operation on the nearby mining planet Valdis I, otherwise known as Rock, to draw the Combine’s attention away from Wheel.

It’s a high-risk operation on both ends, but Grayson and the GDL have their orders, and they intend to capture the Draconis operatives one way or the other…even if they have to risk destroying the entire space station to do so…

E-publication: https://books2read.com/BattleTechARockandaHardPlace
Print-on-Demand: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1638610401/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1632235534&sr=8-1
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Fruitfly

• Corporal
« Reply #309 on: 21 September 2021, 10:59:12 »
I think we broke the site - I keep getting "There is system Exception occurred - please try again.java.lang.NullPointerException" trying to check out!
The Mighty Might Fruitfly

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #310 on: 21 September 2021, 11:08:00 »
Yeah, it was not accepting my phone number, regardless of how I entered it. Then I got the same error.
Demo Agent #715
Game HQ Oklahoma City, OK
Carolina Comics Lawton, OK
Oklahoma Battletech Group on Facebook

Cubby

• BattleTech Developer
  • Major
« Reply #311 on: 21 September 2021, 11:16:15 »
I'm having a similar issue, I can't get their checkout to accept my shipping address.

However, I don't have any evidence that this means the product is sold out. It may just be a hell of a day for B&N's back-end to take a powder. I've reported the problems to management, to pass along to any B&N contact they may have.

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #312 on: 21 September 2021, 11:17:58 »
Wolf Dragoons ForcePack Available for Pre-Order, Plus New Gray Death Legion Novel by Bill Keith!

A big, big day here for mercenary MechWarriors–the Barnes & Noble exclusive Wolf Dragoons Assault Star ForcePack is available for pre-order! The expected availability date for this item is Dec. 15, 2021, so be sure to….annihilate…your holiday season with this exciting new pack.

We don't have Barnes and Noble in Canada. Does it ship outside of the States, or only within?
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #313 on: 21 September 2021, 11:19:05 »
Can't pre-order either, gets stuck at the address verification. As well.

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #314 on: 21 September 2021, 11:21:13 »
It worked fine for me at 10:07 am eastern.
I have spoken.

Cubby

• BattleTech Developer
  • Major
« Reply #315 on: 21 September 2021, 11:26:59 »
We don't have Barnes and Noble in Canada. Does it ship outside of the States, or only within?

Checking on that, as well as whether it'll eventually be available via the CGL web store.

As I just posted elsewhere, please know that I'm aware of these issues, have passed them on to management, and will try to get clarity and pass along answers as soon as I'm able. For those who have access to them on other platforms, blowing up anyone on DM, including and especially Adrian Gideon, will not result in faster or better answers. I'm on the case, best as I can.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #316 on: 21 September 2021, 11:27:32 »

Wolf Dragoons Assault Star
Pre-order: $30.00 (Barnes and Noble Exclusive)

Bigger question is: Is this a timed exclusive or will this never be available outside of a Barnes and Noble?

Saw yer Answer:

Checking on that, as well as whether it'll eventually be available via the CGL web store.

As I just posted elsewhere, please know that I'm aware of these issues, have passed them on to management, and will try to get clarity and pass along answers as soon as I'm able. For those who have access to them on other platforms, blowing up anyone on DM, including and especially Adrian Gideon, will not result in faster or better answers. I'm on the case, best as I can.

Hopefully will be available via other means instead of just Barnes & Noble or the CGL store.
« Last Edit: 21 September 2021, 11:29:04 by NeonKnight »
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #317 on: 21 September 2021, 11:27:54 »
I'm having a similar issue, I can't get their checkout to accept my shipping address.

However, I don't have any evidence that this means the product is sold out. It may just be a hell of a day for B&N's back-end to take a powder. I've reported the problems to management, to pass along to any B&N contact they may have.

I got the phone issue and went back into the address thing. Just to be sure I reentered my number and it went through the second time

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #318 on: 21 September 2021, 11:31:07 »

Here is a desperate cry for help from a Canuck to their neighbors to the south.

NOW, thanks to Barnes & Noble YOU can live the Battletech adventure . . . smuggling battlemechs across borders to desperate fighters!  Always wanted to try to bluff your way past a customs agent when they find the battlemech in your cargo hold?
No Mr Republic Mounty, I have no idea how that Timber Wolf ended up under the tarp in the back corner of my cargo hold.  I also do not know why it was painted Blue & Gray with 'Stormhammers' stenciled on the side.  What a weird situation.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #319 on: 21 September 2021, 11:34:34 »

Thanks, I will sit quietly.

Hopefully will be available via other means instead of just Barnes & Noble or the CGL store.

Indeed. Some options make it difficult to buy their product. *Shrug* Wait and see, I guess.

NOW, thanks to Barnes & Noble YOU can live the Battletech adventure . . . smuggling battlemechs across borders to desperate fighters!  Always wanted to try to bluff your way past a customs agent when they find the battlemech in your cargo hold?
No Mr Republic Mounty, I have no idea how that Timber Wolf ended up under the tarp in the back corner of my cargo hold.  I also do not know why it was painted Blue & Gray with 'Stormhammers' stenciled on the side.  What a weird situation.

Hehe, funny.  :thumbsup:
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #320 on: 21 September 2021, 11:36:10 »

Even moreso, as Not to do Politics, but The Canadian Border is Open to US Citizens to come north, but sadly Canadians still cannot travel South.

So, anyone who lives in Seattle/Environs, there is a LARGE Vancouver Populace who will likely treat you to a nice Dinner to make a run North with a dropship worth of 'Mechs ;)
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #321 on: 21 September 2021, 11:44:49 »
So, anyone who lives in Seattle/Environs, there is a LARGE Vancouver Populace who will likely treat you to a nice Dinner to make a run North with a dropship worth of 'Mechs ;)

If you get anyone to do that, have them get another for me. Nice to see that BT is big enough they can have this kind of exclusive, too bad it is exclusive away from me.

Now I'm wondering where the hoplite and firefly are going.

Cubby

• BattleTech Developer
  • Major
« Reply #322 on: 21 September 2021, 11:58:08 »
Even moreso, as Not to do Politics, but The Canadian Border is Open to US Citizens to come north, but sadly Canadians still cannot travel South.

Fruitfly

• Corporal
« Reply #323 on: 21 September 2021, 11:58:49 »

Now there's an idea...

trboturtle

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Erraturi te salutant!
« Reply #324 on: 21 September 2021, 12:08:09 »

Now, it's becoming a Shadowrun mission....... ;)

Craig
Author of 32 Battletech short stories including "The Lance Killer," "Hikagemono," "Negotiation," "The Clawing," "Salvage," "The Promise," "Reap What You Sow," "Family Ties," "The Blood of Man," "End of Message," "Heroes' Bridge," "Kurodenkou," "Thirteen," "My Father's Sword," "Evacuation," "Operation Red Lion," "A Matter of Honor," "State of Grace," "Operation Blue Tiger," "A Warrior's Fear," "Shadow Angels," "Murphy's Method," "End of the Road," (IAMTW 2019 Scribe Award nominee!), Two "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Blind Arrogance," and "Shadows of the Past," "Laws Are Silent," "No Tears," "Three White Roses," and "The Markslaughter Files."
Novels -- Icons of War, Elements of Treason series, "Vengence Games." "In the Shadow of Dragons" (Out July 15th!) and "Poisoned Honor" (WoR #1)

My Blogs!
Battletech:  http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com/
Other writings: http://trboturtleswritings.blogspot.com/

Kibutsu

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #325 on: 21 September 2021, 12:16:14 »
I had the phone number issue. I tried numerous times on different browsers and entered the number with and without dashes but no luck. I had my wife do it for me and she had no problem.

Fruitfly

• Corporal
« Reply #326 on: 21 September 2021, 12:23:47 »
Huzzah, it's gone through! My very first BT minis pack ordered! Except I seem to have ended up with two in the cart my mistake. I think I will manage.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #327 on: 21 September 2021, 12:35:04 »
Here is a interesting ponder . . . I saw a interesting bit, I want to say on Shark Tank, about a company that did the promo bundle stuff.  They got a little bit into how/why products like that existed- I want to say they used the example of the DVD (old term, really BluRay) movies with something like the little pop-mini bobble heads, or I want to say one of the superhero movies did pins.

Basically it came down to the retailer being interested in such products as business drivers.  They wanted the special versions- limited to their company- to help bring in more business.  My mother-in-law bought me . . . I want to say Justice League? with the little bobbleheads in it.  Want to bet that was the only thing she got in Wal-Mart that day?  Or ordered from them online?

So for CGL release a product with exclusivity to a retailer?  I take that as a good business sign for Battletech.  You can bet B&N have the metrics of how many of us clicked through the links from BT's social network (CGL website, FB, Twitter, emails, etc) . . . and where the orders go as part of their planning.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #328 on: 21 September 2021, 12:44:00 »
So for CGL release a product with exclusivity to a retailer?  I take that as a good business sign for Battletech.  You can bet B&N have the metrics of how many of us clicked through the links from BT's social network (CGL website, FB, Twitter, emails, etc) . . . and where the orders go as part of their planning.

B&N has been quietly adding tabletop mini games to their boardgame section for a while now. I think it started with the newbie-friendly Games Workshop games. Which would have been three or four years ago? Whenever Space Marine Adventures first started popping up.

I didn't see Battletech on their shelves until a few months ago, it was just the Beginner Box, but it definitely fits with the niche they appear to be carving out for themselves.

Worth pointing out, too, that a lot of the GW games (and accessories) on their shelves have been non-timed exclusives. They are still the only place I can buy half of a Blood Bowl team without buying a real box and splitting it with someone else. Not sure what that means for this particular pack.
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

Kibutsu

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #329 on: 21 September 2021, 12:50:11 »
I was expecting (hoping for) a Dragoons faction pack once the photos of the Annihilator at Gen Con started showing up. Too bad no Imp though. That's one that could use the new artwork spin. Who wants to start speculating on other faction packs to follow? I would love a DCMS assault lance with Mauler, Hatamoto-Chi, Akuma and Naginata.