Author Topic: Upcoming Releases XXI: Urbie's Beer Run  (Read 141764 times)

Fruitfly

• Corporal
Re: Upcoming Releases XXI: Urbie's Beer Run
« Reply #330 on: 21 September 2021, 12:51:13 »
B&N has carried BT before - maybe a bit more of an adjunct to the Shadowrun product, but I def remember seeing various things on the shelves in the past. But yeah, being able to pull an exclusive is a great sign for BT!
The Mighty Might Fruitfly

Aresneo

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #331 on: 21 September 2021, 12:52:01 »
We don't have Barnes and Noble in Canada. Does it ship outside of the States, or only within?

They ship to Canada, it was around $20 shipping for two copies.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #332 on: 21 September 2021, 12:55:59 »
B&N has carried BT before - maybe a bit more of an adjunct to the Shadowrun product, but I def remember seeing various things on the shelves in the past. But yeah, being able to pull an exclusive is a great sign for BT!

In the fanpro days I remember BMRr and a few other books being on the shelf

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #333 on: 21 September 2021, 13:00:36 »

Pretty sure I got one of my TROs and I know they had the MWDA novels since that is where I bought them.

Who wants to start speculating on other faction packs to follow? I would love a DCMS assault lance with Mauler, Hatamoto-Chi, Akuma and Naginata.

Too many assaults- look at the AS lance/star descriptions for things like juggernauts, strikers, heavy, etc, like they named the KS boxes.  If the Dragoon box is any indication, not enough KS mechs . . . while none of those IIRC have new art or are hinting at new art.  I think we are likely to see KS/RecGuide designs featured in any box you may end up with going forward.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #334 on: 21 September 2021, 13:10:41 »
new variants of the Archer and Blackjack BattleMechs

OK, the blackjack is obviously the 3050 one, what's up with the archer? 20 tubes, I don't see a narc launcher, can't make out the arm weapons...

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #335 on: 21 September 2021, 13:17:49 »
OK, the blackjack is obviously the 3050 one, what's up with the archer? 20 tubes, I don't see a narc launcher, can't make out the arm weapons...

It’s a Wolf’s Dragoons Archer..
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #336 on: 21 September 2021, 13:23:38 »
So it has a SRM4 in each arm.

Wonder if it is a -2W or -5W?

Looks like the store no longer lists it as for sale/preorder, just says it will be available December 15th.
Guess they either ran out of preorders, or decided to drop preorders entirely.
« Last Edit: 21 September 2021, 13:30:16 by glitterboy2098 »

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #337 on: 21 September 2021, 13:36:54 »
So it has a SRM4 in each arm.

Wonder if it is a -2W or -5W?

Doesn’t the 2W have the SRM’s in the side torsos?

Looks like the store no longer lists it as for sale/preorder, just says it will be available December 15th.
Guess they either ran out of preorders, or decided to drop preorders entirely.

Hopefully, that is just to fix issues in their system.

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #338 on: 21 September 2021, 13:50:46 »
Hi all, a few updates here as of 2:30 pm ET. I'll revise if things change, but here's what I know at the moment:

--The demand for the Wolf Dragoons Assault Star in its first few hours of pre-order, and the speed at which orders were being placed, may have introduced some glitches into the checkout system. We're seeing reports now that these have started to be ironed out, and that normal ordering is again possible. B&N is aware of the issue and is checking into it.

--This product is a Barnes and Noble exclusive. However, it is not a limited-run or limited edition.

--Barnes and Noble does not ship internationally, only to Canada and U.S. territories.

I'm checking into reports I've seen that the product is "sold out," but I checked 30 seconds ago here in the eastern U.S. and it was still available for pre-order.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Kibutsu

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #339 on: 21 September 2021, 13:52:35 »
Pretty sure I got one of my TROs and I know they had the MWDA novels since that is where I bought them.

Too many assaults- look at the AS lance/star descriptions for things like juggernauts, strikers, heavy, etc, like they named the KS boxes.  If the Dragoon box is any indication, not enough KS mechs . . . while none of those IIRC have new art or are hinting at new art.  I think we are likely to see KS/RecGuide designs featured in any box you may end up with going forward.

I figured that too but I would love to see those get a resculpt at some point. Just wishing out loud.

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #340 on: 21 September 2021, 14:08:51 »
Hi all, a few updates here as of 2:30 pm ET. I'll revise if things change, but here's what I know at the moment:

--Barnes and Noble does not ship internationally, only to Canada and U.S. territories.

Okay, good to know. Between the exchange rate and the uncertainty of shipping costs (ie. not listed), I'll be passing on this product. This type of thing has been happening a lot more lately. Kinda frustrating.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #341 on: 21 September 2021, 14:11:07 »
Okay, good to know. Between the exchange rate and the uncertainty of shipping costs (ie. not listed), I'll be passing on this product. This type of thing has been happening a lot more lately. Kinda frustrating.

around 17 for 2 packs.
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #342 on: 21 September 2021, 14:24:13 »
around 17 for 2 packs.

Which makes it not worth it for me, I don't play enough to justify that. But for those who will pay it, please enjoy.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #343 on: 21 September 2021, 14:34:59 »
Huzzah, it's gone through! My very first BT minis pack ordered! Except I seem to have ended up with two in the cart my mistake. I think I will manage.
I followed the Link from here to the Store for the BT masks last year.  Once there, I added 1 of each, then checked out, and didn't pay ANY attention to what I paid.   ;D  I received TWO of the Atlas, 1 of the Mad Cat.  I guess clicking the link here took me to the site AND added it to my cart.   ???

I've since paid MUCH more attention before I check out!   :-\
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

GRUD

• Captain
« Reply #344 on: 21 September 2021, 14:37:08 »
In the FASA days, I remember buying things at Waldenbooks.   :'(

I noticed a few months back, the local B&N had a big sale, then stopped carrying SW minis for the FFG game.
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #345 on: 21 September 2021, 14:51:40 »

If you look at the 3d picture of the Archer you can see the SRM-4 just under the LRM-20 launchers! I am really excited now!
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #346 on: 21 September 2021, 15:01:11 »
Three months before it's available. plenty could happen before then, and it's supposed to be available for a while with stock refills...

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #347 on: 21 September 2021, 15:43:57 »

Shipping was reasonable, all told: I preordered two packs and to Alberta it was 17 and change (US).
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #348 on: 21 September 2021, 16:03:09 »
Shipping was reasonable, all told: I preordered two packs and to Alberta it was 17 and change (US).

Ditto here - cost after conversion etc, was just over $100 canadian.

Still wish it wasn;t an exclusivity thing with a US only provider, but, what can you do.
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #349 on: 21 September 2021, 16:04:22 »
I hope we see these products in Europe as well.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #350 on: 21 September 2021, 16:16:20 »
Does B&N have a Canadian affiliate?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

GRUD

• Captain
« Reply #351 on: 21 September 2021, 16:25:55 »
Being a B&N Member, in the US, I got free shipping, but had to pay sales tax.

GRUD

• Captain
« Reply #352 on: 21 September 2021, 16:28:45 »
I've been seeing in a few FB posts that it is a B&N Exclusive because THEY (B&N) Supposedly paid for the molds to be made.

Can Ray or someone with some actual Authority and Knowledge Please either Confirm or Deny this?   ???

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #353 on: 21 September 2021, 16:49:47 »
Does... does it matter?
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

mrbooth

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #354 on: 21 September 2021, 16:51:39 »
Looks like the BJ-2.

Source of image is?

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #355 on: 21 September 2021, 16:53:52 »
Can Ray or someone with some actual Authority and Knowledge Please either Confirm or Deny this?

Not true.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #356 on: 21 September 2021, 16:56:41 »
checked it when i got home. either the inability to order was a quirk of their site on mobile browsers, or they'd updated the page, because i was able to order one.

might order one as an Xmas gift for my younger brother (who used to be a big Dragoon's fan) when my paycheck comes in.

Source of image is?
preview on the B&N site.

« Last Edit: 21 September 2021, 17:03:51 by glitterboy2098 »

bobthecoward

• Captain
« Reply #357 on: 21 September 2021, 17:03:39 »
Who does one talk to at B&N to negotiate something like this box?

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #358 on: 21 September 2021, 17:04:15 »
Changed my mind, and I ordered one.
Just weird getting miniatures from Barnes and Nobel
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #359 on: 21 September 2021, 17:27:25 »
I remember being stoaked to see the beginner box at barnes and noble,exposure is good!! I've been needing more books so any excuse to go is a good one.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Register