Author Topic: Upcoming Releases XXI: Urbie's Beer Run  (Read 141768 times)

Jal Phoenix

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Once, we had gods.
Re: Upcoming Releases XXI: Urbie's Beer Run
« Reply #360 on: 21 September 2021, 17:53:19 »
Which makes it not worth it for me, I don't play enough to justify that. But for those who will pay it, please enjoy.

You'll be getting ten minis for $77 ($30 x2 + $17 shipping). Equivalent product from IWM would be over $160, and that is older sculpts and doesn't include shipping. Does that help put it in perspective?

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #361 on: 21 September 2021, 17:54:56 »
So are the minis going to be B&N exclusive or is it just the minis in this combination and packaging that are going to be B&N exclusive?
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #362 on: 21 September 2021, 18:04:09 »
Just why another Timber Wolf…. Why for the love of god. The came in the last box set, as legendaries, as part of the basic Kickstarter, and of previous box sets too. I have two lances already: I don’t need more Timber Wolves!

I am excited to get an Annihilator though. The new Rifleman is pretty nice and I don’t mind having a second, ditto to the Archer (and it’s Jaime Wolf’s primary mech for 50+ years), the Blackjack confuses me though on why it would be in a Wolfs Dragoon’s unit. I would have though even a Thunderbolt (for Maeve) or even Natasha’s Marauder.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #363 on: 21 September 2021, 18:09:24 »
Just why another Timber Wolf…. Why for the love of god. The came in the last box set, as legendaries, as part of the basic Kickstarter, and of previous box sets too. I have two lances already: I don’t need more Timber Wolves!

I am excited to get an Annihilator though. The new Rifleman is pretty nice and I don’t mind having a second, ditto to the Archer (and it’s Jaime Wolf’s primary mech for 50+ years), the Blackjack confuses me though on why it would be in a Wolfs Dragoon’s unit. I would have though even a Thunderbolt (for Maeve) or even Natasha’s Marauder.
I need more timberwolfs!! But only because Restless mocked how few I have. It's like no one appreciates a star of mad dogs these days ;).
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #364 on: 21 September 2021, 18:12:42 »
You'll be getting ten minis for $77 ($30 x2 + $17 shipping). Equivalent product from IWM would be over $160, and that is older sculpts and doesn't include shipping. Does that help put it in perspective?

Hi, yes, I can math. I don't need two packs. I don't even really need one. As I stated, it's a bit much for someone who doesn't play that often (less than once in four years at this point). I'd much rather spend it on books, which I can get e-copies of and not have to deal with shipping from the States. For a casual "mini's are neat!" player, it's too much. For a player who wants to field oodles of uniquely painted units, it's a deal. I also prefer companies that at least try to have international representation. B&N seems... not that.

So as previously stated, for those who will pay, please enjoy.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Nerroth

• Captain
« Reply #365 on: 21 September 2021, 18:19:59 »
Is the Barnes & Noble exclusivity agreement solely for the United States, or is it a worldwide agreement?

In other words, if CGL wished to sign separate agreements with vendors in other countries, does the current B&N deal permit them to do so?

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #366 on: 21 September 2021, 18:30:29 »
Not true.

Thank You!   :thumbsup:
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #367 on: 21 September 2021, 20:15:48 »

While the old Timber Wolf design was in previous Box Sets it was just as a premium piece IIRC.  It was not in the AS Lance Packs (whole Clan Star pack blow up), and in the KS it is in the Clan Invasion box set- JUST the box set.  So for anyone wanting another Timber Wolf of that style, they would have had to get another Box- unless they found someone who had salvage boxes, and those will be going away shortly.

As far as the star . . . it is pretty much Jaime's star?  Pretty sure he had a Annihilator for one bodyguard.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #368 on: 21 September 2021, 20:24:26 »
As far as the star . . . it is pretty much Jaime's star?  Pretty sure he had a Annihilator for one bodyguard.
I was under the impression his command unit used Inner Sphere organization.

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #369 on: 21 September 2021, 21:22:39 »
It’s not Jaime’s star.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

hf22

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #370 on: 21 September 2021, 21:37:17 »
--Barnes and Noble does not ship internationally, only to Canada and U.S. territories.

Don't know if it will cancel later in the process, but the B&N site is allowing international orders to Australia, with proper international shipping rates/options showing up etc.

This does match with my recent experience with them as well, though I understand based on their Website Q&A they still haven't restarted shipping to a number of EU countries.

BirdofPrey

• Major
« Reply #371 on: 22 September 2021, 11:57:49 »
Wowza so I guess this means we aren't necesarilly going to always be restricted to just what all got fan funded.  I do notice that only one of the mechs is 100% new, but I guess the Blackjack and Archer variants bring the new mold count up to 3, which isn't bad I suppose.  I do hope we get to see additional new mech packs released here and there, though maybe not all exclusives.  I don't mind exclusive, but too many does become burdensome as a consumer.

Here is a interesting ponder . . . I saw a interesting bit, I want to say on Shark Tank, about a company that did the promo bundle stuff.  They got a little bit into how/why products like that existed- I want to say they used the example of the DVD (old term, really BluRay) movies with something like the little pop-mini bobble heads, or I want to say one of the superhero movies did pins.

Basically it came down to the retailer being interested in such products as business drivers.  They wanted the special versions- limited to their company- to help bring in more business.  My mother-in-law bought me . . . I want to say Justice League? with the little bobbleheads in it.  Want to bet that was the only thing she got in Wal-Mart that day?  Or ordered from them online?

So for CGL release a product with exclusivity to a retailer?  I take that as a good business sign for Battletech.  You can bet B&N have the metrics of how many of us clicked through the links from BT's social network (CGL website, FB, Twitter, emails, etc) . . . and where the orders go as part of their planning.
It definitely bodes well.  Nice to see BT with enough demand a major retailer wants a cut.

Natasha' marauder or her Warhammer?
I don't mind the Timberwolf, but I can't argue maybe a different mech would have been in order.  Admittedly it's a shame there's only one actual new mech.  Be nice to see some Fleas and Imps, couple other things.

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #372 on: 22 September 2021, 13:05:14 »
I do notice that only one of the mechs is 100% new, but I guess the Blackjack and Archer variants bring the new mold count up to 3, which isn't bad I suppose.

I keep seeing this being mentioned (here and on FB), yet no one pointing out that plastic minis in different poses STILL require DIFFERENT molds.  I don't think they're taking existing minis, dunking them in hot water, "tweaking" their pose, then dunking them in cold water.  That would be a LOT of dunking!   :o
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

BirdofPrey

• Major
« Reply #373 on: 22 September 2021, 13:07:15 »
I keep seeing this being mentioned (here and on FB), yet no one pointing out that plastic minis in different poses STILL require DIFFERENT molds.  I don't think they're taking existing minis, dunking them in hot water, "tweaking" their pose, then dunking them in cold water.  That would be a LOT of dunking!   :o
Wait, are the limbs and such actually different?
I never looked too closely, but I had assumed they just attached all the pieces differently

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #374 on: 22 September 2021, 13:07:42 »
Do we know what model of the mechs in the  Barnes and Nobel box set??
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

VernoWhitney

• Recruit
« Reply #375 on: 22 September 2021, 13:19:38 »
Is the Wolf's Dragoon Assault Star only ever going to be a B&N Exclusive, or can we expect it to spread to other stores later? I apologize if this was asked and answered somewhere else already.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #376 on: 22 September 2021, 13:41:11 »
Already said a B&N exclusive though the CGL store will offer it later?  I THINK that was Cubby.

GRUD, the Annihilator, BJ-2, and ARC-5W would be partly new minis- basically the BJ & ARC would need new torsos- the hips/legs and arms would be re-used.  For the Timber Wolf, the legs are the set up of the Pryde with the torso and arms being the Prime- aka re-used molds.  The Rifleman?  Everything is the same, but the legs are changed and one gun points downward.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #377 on: 22 September 2021, 13:50:03 »
As of right now, the Wolf's Dragoons Assault Star is a Barnes & Noble exclusive.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #378 on: 22 September 2021, 14:18:56 »
Mad Cat should've been Brian Cameron's Loki. /sarc

Yeah, I would've vastly prefered at least a different model of timber wolf. An A, S or E.

But the prime was the poster child of the franchise for most of a decade during the 90s. it's kinda inevitable for a flagship product like this exclusive is.

Having different poses means different assembly keying, so yeah, those are new molds.
« Last Edit: 22 September 2021, 14:26:37 by Greatclub »

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #379 on: 22 September 2021, 14:28:47 »
How so?  The leg/waist into the torso would be a peg, and torso to the RFL/ARC/BJ arms would also be pegs.
Colt Ward

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #380 on: 22 September 2021, 14:36:11 »
I'm fairly sure the slots are keyed so they can be assembled only one way. I had a grendel with arms that came off, and iirc they were
« Last Edit: 22 September 2021, 15:53:18 by Greatclub »

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #381 on: 22 September 2021, 15:40:11 »
Who does one talk to at B&N to negotiate something like this box?

Barnes.
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #382 on: 22 September 2021, 16:28:05 »
tricky since barnes died in 1945. the mediums capable of contacting him are few and charge very unreasonable rates

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
« Reply #383 on: 22 September 2021, 16:30:20 »
tricky since barnes died in 1945. the mediums capable of contacting him are few and charge very unreasonable rates

Go talk with the Amish.  They can raise Barns like nobody's buisness.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #384 on: 22 September 2021, 16:39:25 »
Yeah, Noble will not get his hands dirty indulging in something as pedestrian as trade and mercantilism.
Colt Ward

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #385 on: 22 September 2021, 17:36:59 »
I just had a thought Turning Points Kittery? Could we ever see one? 

It's been a border world, a trade crossroads between the Suns and St Ives, a base for the Second SLDF, a re-education camp and the "capitol" of Stones first nation

Pretty sure there's plenty to get into a Turning Point there or a Touring of the Stars
« Last Edit: 22 September 2021, 17:38:38 by Dragon Cat »
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #386 on: 22 September 2021, 18:37:12 »
Someone would have to have the interest and make a cohesive pitch. Then the TP or TTS coordinator would have to green light it then the devs would have to find a slot for it. Or it becomes important enough to the plot that someone gets assigned the project

So… maybe?

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #387 on: 22 September 2021, 19:16:58 »
Kittery would make an awesome TP!  Just throwing in my vote.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #388 on: 22 September 2021, 21:47:04 »
I'd like see Turning Points: Spica featuring Justin Allard vs Candice Liao in their campaign where they fought rather interesting war described as plot hook during the Warrior Series.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

five_corparty

• Lieutenant
« Reply #389 on: 22 September 2021, 22:49:14 »
I'd like see Turning Points: Spica featuring Justin Allard vs Candice Liao in their campaign where they fought rather interesting war described as plot hook during the Warrior Series.

Me and Kevin Killiany were throwing around an idea a while back about a "TP:Lite" kinda of product: a shrapnel-sized story up front, and then a small unit break out / scenario data.  For something like this, I dunno if there's enough "meat" to make a full TP product (with the world break out and RATs and yadda-yadda!  :D  ;D ) but there's a lot more than just a story there, you know?

I still don't know how to crack that nut- a double shrapnel submission, maybe?  dunno.  but there's certainly (IMHO) a vacuum that could be filled by a different kind of small, PDF product for tiny lil' battles like that. :-)

Register