Author Topic: Upcoming Releases XXI: Urbie's Beer Run  (Read 141739 times)

Takiro

• Lieutenant
  • BattleTech: Salient Horizon
    • Your BattleTech
Re: Upcoming Releases XXI: Urbie's Beer Run
« Reply #630 on: 12 October 2021, 13:12:21 »
Thanks mbear, lots of interesting stuff!

Can't wait to see what Touring the Stars Rocky has to offer and the Brush Wars stuff

Rougarou Rhapsody

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • Agent #1053
« Reply #631 on: 12 October 2021, 13:15:31 »
Previously RecGuide runs were basically a priority, i think. So i'm doubtful they wouldn't hit their dates. If anything, I'm expecting others pushed around for them.

Unless they are prioritizing the remaining digital rewards for the KS that haven't been fulfilled yet.  I remember them stating (on one of the AMAs or maybe on WolfNet podcast, not sure) that all the KS stuff sort of messed up a lot of their original schedules.
“No half measures. Some things can’t be cut in half. You can’t half-love someone. You can’t half-betray, or half-lie.” ― Mark Lawrence, Emperor of Thorns

trboturtle

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Erraturi te salutant!
« Reply #632 on: 12 October 2021, 13:16:44 »
Thanks mbear, lots of interesting stuff!

Can't wait to see what Touring the Stars Rocky has to offer and the Brush Wars stuff

If Rocky doesn't have a moon named Bullwinkle, we'll get Kit to riot....  ;D

Craig
Author of 32 Battletech short stories including "The Lance Killer," "Hikagemono," "Negotiation," "The Clawing," "Salvage," "The Promise," "Reap What You Sow," "Family Ties," "The Blood of Man," "End of Message," "Heroes' Bridge," "Kurodenkou," "Thirteen," "My Father's Sword," "Evacuation," "Operation Red Lion," "A Matter of Honor," "State of Grace," "Operation Blue Tiger," "A Warrior's Fear," "Shadow Angels," "Murphy's Method," "End of the Road," (IAMTW 2019 Scribe Award nominee!), Two "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Blind Arrogance," and "Shadows of the Past," "Laws Are Silent," "No Tears," "Three White Roses," and "The Markslaughter Files."
Novels -- Icons of War, Elements of Treason series, "Vengence Games." "In the Shadow of Dragons" (Out July 15th!) and "Poisoned Honor" (WoR #1)

My Blogs!
Battletech:  http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com/
Other writings: http://trboturtleswritings.blogspot.com/

Doc Swift

• Freelance Writer
  • Warrant Officer
  • Buy my new book on Amazon!
    • My Amazon Author page
« Reply #633 on: 12 October 2021, 13:27:32 »
The satellite should be named Adrian.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #634 on: 12 October 2021, 13:31:10 »
Why not have 2 moons?

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #635 on: 12 October 2021, 13:33:58 »
Sure hope so, RecGuides are my new fav, looking forward to Fridays again!

This.
I have spoken.

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #636 on: 12 October 2021, 14:04:00 »
Why not have 2 moons?

It's got 3:

Frank
Enn
Furter
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #637 on: 12 October 2021, 16:55:54 »
We are pleased to announce two new works of fiction are available now.

First, we have the next Eridani Light Horse short story, "View From the Ground" by Alan Brundage available digitally here:
 https://books2read.com/BattleTechELH7ViewFromtheGround

Next, the next in our series of Dark Age Legends re-releases is "Target of Opportunity" by Blaine Lee Pardoe. It's available digitally and Print on Demand here:

https://books2read.com/BattleTechLegendsTargetofOpportunity

View from the Ground:

TRADITIONS RUN DEEP…
Other mercenary units fly flags at two flagpoles at their headquarters, one with their unit’s flag, and other bearing the flag of their current employer. However, the Third Regimental Combat Team—a.k.a. the Eridani Light Horse—leaves one flagpole bare, as a reminder of the death of the Star League, and the other pole flies the Light Horse’s unit and regimental flags at half-mast.
What triumphs and tragedies shaped the Eridani Light Horse and its traditions? What drove them to become a force to be reckoned with, an elite mercenary unit with one of the longest histories and the deepest traditions in the Inner Sphere? Witness the unit’s origins in the Star League and follow their evolution all the way through the Succession Wars and the Clan Invasion to their downfall in the Dark Age and their resurrection in the uncertain future of the ilClan era.
Part Seven: View from the Ground by Alan Brundage: Part Seven: The Star League has been re-formed, and the Eridani Light Horse, now a broken unit, resumes serving under the new First Lord’s banner. What does this mean for the Light Horse’s future and its centuries of tradition?

Target of Opportunity:

"A PRIZE WORTH THE RISK…

Despite years of effort, ComStar has been unable to repair the HPG interstellar communications grid. Now the Republic is taking a hands-on approach to fixing the problem. An active hyperpulse generator can turn its planet into a tempting target. So when ComStar appears close to reactivating the HPG on Wyatt, the Republic takes steps to counter any threats to the world—at a time when ComStar is determined to prove that it's once more a force to be reckoned with...
Knight-Errant Alexi Holt is assigned to defend Wyatt for the Republic. But her greatest challenge is to protect Tucker Harwell—a genius possessing unmatched HPG skills—from the invaders who will certainly try to capture him.
Both the Oriente Protectorate and Clan Spirit Cat have an interest in Wyatt. The first seeks to control the man who can fix an HPG, the other is a safe haven. Unsavory characters will also step forward. After all, though a reactivated HPG makes Wyatt a target, Tucker Harwell is the biggest prize of all…"
Catalyst Demo Agent #221, Huntington, WV

It's times like this I ask myself "What would Jabba the Hutt do?"

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #638 on: 12 October 2021, 17:02:33 »
We are pleased to announce two new works of fiction are available now.

First, we have the next Eridani Light Horse short story, "View From the Ground" by Alan Brundage available digitally here:
 https://books2read.com/BattleTechELH7ViewFromtheGround

View from the Ground:

TRADITIONS RUN DEEP…
Other mercenary units fly flags at two flagpoles at their headquarters, one with their unit’s flag, and other bearing the flag of their current employer. However, the Third Regimental Combat Team—a.k.a. the Eridani Light Horse—leaves one flagpole bare, as a reminder of the death of the Star League, and the other pole flies the Light Horse’s unit and regimental flags at half-mast.
What triumphs and tragedies shaped the Eridani Light Horse and its traditions? What drove them to become a force to be reckoned with, an elite mercenary unit with one of the longest histories and the deepest traditions in the Inner Sphere? Witness the unit’s origins in the Star League and follow their evolution all the way through the Succession Wars and the Clan Invasion to their downfall in the Dark Age and their resurrection in the uncertain future of the ilClan era.
Part Seven: View from the Ground by Alan Brundage: Part Seven: The Star League has been re-formed, and the Eridani Light Horse, now a broken unit, resumes serving under the new First Lord’s banner. What does this mean for the Light Horse’s future and its centuries of tradition?

Next, the next in our series of Dark Age Legends re-releases is "Target of Opportunity" by Blaine Lee Pardoe. It's available digitally and Print on Demand here:

https://books2read.com/BattleTechLegendsTargetofOpportunity

Target of Opportunity:

A PRIZE WORTH THE RISK…

Despite years of effort, ComStar has been unable to repair the HPG interstellar communications grid. Now the Republic is taking a hands-on approach to fixing the problem. An active hyperpulse generator can turn its planet into a tempting target. So when ComStar appears close to reactivating the HPG on Wyatt, the Republic takes steps to counter any threats to the world—at a time when ComStar is determined to prove that it's once more a force to be reckoned with...
Knight-Errant Alexi Holt is assigned to defend Wyatt for the Republic. But her greatest challenge is to protect Tucker Harwell—a genius possessing unmatched HPG skills—from the invaders who will certainly try to capture him.
Both the Oriente Protectorate and Clan Spirit Cat have an interest in Wyatt. The first seeks to control the man who can fix an HPG, the other is a safe haven. Unsavory characters will also step forward. After all, though a reactivated HPG makes Wyatt a target, Tucker Harwell is the biggest prize of all
…"

Catalyst Demo Agent #221, Huntington, WV

It's times like this I ask myself "What would Jabba the Hutt do?"

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #639 on: 12 October 2021, 17:51:06 »
Somehow, I should have expected this one too  ;D

It's got 3:

Frank
Enn
Furter

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #640 on: 12 October 2021, 17:54:27 »
The ELH stories are looking better all the time.  I have not read many of them, but when the cycle is complete, I will no doubt check into them.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Dak

• CamoSpecs
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #641 on: 12 October 2021, 18:33:21 »
Is the novel Blood Will Tell not available in POD? I can only find it from secondary sellers or am I just blind.

Fiction Dev reports that Blood Will Tell POD ordering should be available again. Seems to have been some sort of glitch involved. Thanks for that heads up!

Dak

Agathos

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #642 on: 12 October 2021, 19:22:02 »
Tamar Rising
Release Date: Late Oct./Early Nov 2021

The time frame approaches. I'm still crossing my fingers for the former but trying to prepare myself for the latter.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #643 on: 12 October 2021, 19:40:39 »
Same here.  I devoured IlClan, I can't wait to read Tamar Rising, as well as the rest of the slated series.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #644 on: 12 October 2021, 19:40:54 »
the distributor for my area says 11/17. That's in Canada, fair chance the US gets it a week or two earlier.

ShroudedSciuridae

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #645 on: 12 October 2021, 21:26:15 »
Really wish FLGS could bundle the PDF with print copies. I'd love to support mine more but I really need those PDF copies.
"Assassinating" the Clan commander's goldfish is hardly the stuff of legend.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #646 on: 13 October 2021, 15:09:14 »
I just got the Support cards.  Contrary to rumor, they are not simply the rules from the books written on cards.  Based on the kind of mission you are undertaking, you get a certain number of cards that you can use in the game at your discretion.  Each card has a kind of attack or defense, the to hit number, and the amount of damage done.  It makes using artillery, aerospace, and mines significantly easier.  I like it.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #647 on: 13 October 2021, 15:24:03 »
I just got the Support cards.  Contrary to rumor, they are not simply the rules from the books written on cards.  Based on the kind of mission you are undertaking, you get a certain number of cards that you can use in the game at your discretion.  Each card has a kind of attack or defense, the to hit number, and the amount of damage done.  It makes using artillery, aerospace, and mines significantly easier.  I like it.

Which is in the book ;)

See BMM, page 75 below:
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #648 on: 13 October 2021, 16:59:26 »
Neither Touring the Stars: Rocky nor Spotlight on: Hellion Keshik hit their dates. I'm having doubts that the Rec Guide will be release on Friday. It's already been pushed back once.

Rec Guide 19 is locked and loaded, it'll be out Friday. As stated elsewhere, IMO they're priority products and we strive to keep them on track.

Rocky is also ready to go but I'd like to alternate the other PDF products on off-weeks for the Rec Guide, as we've done occasionally in the past. Once I get with Ray to confirm everything, I'll be updating the coming releases page.

Thanks, all, for the kind words upthread, and your patience as we get things sorted. Please know that, as previously-announced products slide around the schedule, we're trying to keep them sliding only on the scale of a couple weeks.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #649 on: 13 October 2021, 18:22:50 »
gonna be so interesting end for the year!

five_corparty

• Lieutenant
« Reply #650 on: 13 October 2021, 21:48:49 »
Rec Guide 19 is locked and loaded, it'll be out Friday. As stated elsewhere, IMO they're priority products and we strive to keep them on track.

Well, at the risk of inflating everyone's head with more praise...  ;) the rec guides have been GREAT.  We play every other Saturday down here, generally 15K free-for-alls, and I've been working a LOT of these guys in to test them and they are just a BALL to put on the table.  So, kudos to not only the team for putting the actual products together and getting them in our greedy little hands, but whomever burned a wish on the monkey's paw for 100+ amazing variants, well done indeed. 

Seriously.  they're wicked fun.  :)

Rougarou Rhapsody

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • Agent #1053
« Reply #651 on: 13 October 2021, 22:22:02 »

My wave 2 is supposed to show up Friday.  A bunch of new minis and a Rec Guide all on the same day?  Gonna be a good day
“No half measures. Some things can’t be cut in half. You can’t half-love someone. You can’t half-betray, or half-lie.” ― Mark Lawrence, Emperor of Thorns

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #652 on: 13 October 2021, 22:43:41 »
The ELH View From the Ground finally dropped on Google Play and it's ACSM protected which means I can't load it into my TTS program. That really inhibits my ability to read it.

Can this be changed? Is this a sign of things to come?
It's a plot by Amazon to force you to buy audio-books from Audible.com

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
    • Jade Corsair
« Reply #653 on: 15 October 2021, 07:08:44 »
RecGuide day?

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #654 on: 15 October 2021, 07:35:31 »
Yes

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #655 on: 15 October 2021, 12:43:15 »
Yes

Hurrah, Hurrah, I'm rooting for the Ostroc as the centerfold!

Flaresnake

• Master Sergeant
  • The Star League is Eternal
"I'm not a warrior, I'm a soldier. There's a difference. Warriors attack and conquer, they prey on the weak. Soldiers defend and protect the innocent—usually from warriors."-Carth Onasi

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #657 on: 15 October 2021, 13:05:30 »
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #658 on: 15 October 2021, 13:28:47 »
Update posted to the AMA thread.
Recognition Guide 19 (and other neat announcements) will be a little late today, please be patient.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #659 on: 15 October 2021, 13:31:23 »
This still falls under the rubric SOON

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Register