Author Topic: Upcoming Releases XXI: Urbie's Beer Run  (Read 141760 times)

MarauderD

• Major
Re: Upcoming Releases XXI: Urbie's Beer Run
« Reply #660 on: 15 October 2021, 13:34:43 »
Update posted to the AMA thread.
Recognition Guide 19 (and other neat announcements) will be a little late today, please be patient.

You mean I need to continue working while at work?  Gah!  Life is so unfair....    ;D

Death_from_above

• Lieutenant
« Reply #661 on: 15 October 2021, 13:36:38 »
(and other neat announcements)

Heavy breathing intensifies...

Question : would it be possible/useful to pin the AMA thread to the first page of the General Discussion subforum ?

mrbooth

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #662 on: 15 October 2021, 13:39:31 »
(and other neat announcements)

Heavy breathing intensifies...

Question : would it be possible/useful to pin the AMA thread to the first page of the General Discussion subforum ?

Please I was looking for this update, and didn't see the thread

Death_from_above

• Lieutenant

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #664 on: 15 October 2021, 13:44:28 »
Weird, I would have thought my edit would have bumped it.
(Thanks Mr. Booth!)
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #665 on: 15 October 2021, 14:02:34 »
I'm pretty sure edits don't bump posts, need a new one to do that.
At least, i've never been on forum where that happened.

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #666 on: 15 October 2021, 15:11:21 »
Recognition Guide Vol. 19 Now Available; Multi-part Plastic Stormcrow TC and New AMA Coming Next Week

The fourth and final cycle of BattleMech Recognition Guide: ilClan kicks off today with Vol. 19, featuring the rare Iron Cheetah and a host of redesigned classics!

As a reminder, the Rec Guide series will run through Vol. 24, currently slated to come out on Friday, Dec. 24.

We’ve also got a sneak preview of an item coming out next week, so scroll down for more…

But before all that, we wanted to let you know about our next AMA session, happening Saturday, Oct. 23 at 2:30 p.m. Eastern Time (GMT -5). Join Tex from the Black Pants Legion, members of WolfNet Radio, Death From Above, Arbiter Studios, CamoSpecs Online, Renegade HPG, Battle Bound, and Ray Arrastia and ask them anything about creating and sharing content for the BattleTech community.

(Please note the slight time bump here to accommodate the participants. it’s gonna be a packed house, we’ll try to keep the chaos to a minimum!)

Recognition Guide: ilClan, Vol. 19

PDF: $3.99

The march of technology across BattleTech’s eras is relentless—but some BattleMech designs never die. Each installment of this PDF-only series not only includes a brand new BattleMech or OmniMech, but also details Classic ’Mech designs from both the Inner Sphere and the Clans, now fully rebuilt with Dark Age technology (3085 and beyond).

Allowing beloved units redesigned for the BattleTech: Clan Invasion crowd funding campaign to be competitive on “modern” battlefields, this series also includes in-universe development notes, battle histories, notable pilots, and record sheets for each ’Mech. Released as a series of 24 PDF-only documents through the end of 2020 and early 2021, many ’Mechs featured in this series will be collected in print upon its completion.

Catalyst Web Store: https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/products/battletech-recognition-guide-ilclan-vol-19

DriveThruRPG: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/374037/BattleTech-Recognition-Guide-ilClan-Vol-19

Debuting next Friday, Oct. 22 exclusively in the Catalyst Game Labs web store is the plastic, multi-part Stormcrow TC! This high-quality model allows you to build your ’Mech how you like, with many different possible poses.

We’ll have several hundred miniatures available in this first wave of release, with more Stormcrows and a restock of multi-part plastic Black Knight expected soon. We’re limiting orders to one Stormcrow per person, and they’ll go live in the web store at 2 p.m. Eastern Time (GMT -5) on Friday, Oct. 22

First seen during the battle of Tukayyid, the -TC Stormcrow offered the Clans a configuration unique to this legendary battle.

This premium variant uses new modeling techniques being employed to update all BattleMech designs. It comes unassembled and unpainted – and includes optional parts (4 arms), allowing you to decide between the -TC and the -B variants of the Stormcrow!

Supply is very limited, so orders are currently restricted to one model per person.

NOTE: This premium item is the second (of two) created as a test run to gauge the level of interest in the market for premium figures. Due to the success of the first miniature we have asked the supplier to make every effort to stock this item in more quickly and in sufficient quantity. They are already working on how to increase their production. Thank you for your patience!

Price: 24.99

Also available next week will be the Tukayyid Salvage Bags, a collection of bits from the plastic Stormcrow and Black Knight production lines. They’re perfect for modding your mini, or using as battlefield salvage or objective markers. Like the Stormcrow, they’ll be available at 2 p.m. Eastern on Friday, Oct. 22.

Production lines are far from perfect, even in the 31st century. Which is how Battle Salvage, Inc., a junior division of Kai Allard Enterprises, acquired a contract with workshops producing both the Black Knight Clanbuster and Stormcrow-TC to sweep up the cast-off pieces and parts for the first battlefield salvage kit. (Unconfirmed reports claim there may be salvaged items from other Mechs, specifically the UrbanMech and Crusader.)

*This package contains miscasts, imperfect parts, and other remnants. Modify your existing TO&E, build something completely new from scratch, or just litter the landscape with a graveyard of previous battles. Each bag comes unassembled and unpainted – and includes a random assortment of approximately 10 pieces which may include torsos, arms, legs, hands and heads.

Note: This product will be listed on an as-available basis, and relies specifically on workshop parts that failed QC inspection.

Price: 9.99
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #667 on: 15 October 2021, 15:28:20 »
Woo!

Nice to include GMT time for the AMA (and the timing's such i can't follow it this time but that's on me).

That salvage bits package is really interesting. Really cool to make that stuff available, though i'm guessing getting that in Europe won't be feasible anytime soon. I mean, even once/if you get Europe warehouse up and running, would there be enough "scrap" to distribute to both US and Europe?

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #668 on: 15 October 2021, 15:58:16 »
The Stormcrow looks excellent!  Now off to the catalyst store to buy my Rec Guide...
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

shivanwurm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #669 on: 15 October 2021, 16:35:41 »
big money week next week.

heist08

• Corporal
« Reply #670 on: 15 October 2021, 17:04:18 »
"View From the Ground" still needs to make an appearance in Catalyst's store, but "Sword of Sedition" just popped up. That's a good one.  :thumbsup:

-heist08

MarauderCH IIC

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #671 on: 15 October 2021, 17:16:21 »
Is the Black Knight going to be available too?

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #672 on: 15 October 2021, 17:20:06 »
Not next week, no.
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Two Guns Blazing

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #673 on: 15 October 2021, 19:59:25 »
How far away is the Black Knight?

Is it possible to have your webstore present the Black Knight as a pre-order item when the Stormcrow goes up for sale so that all purchased items in the shopping cart do not get shipped until the pre-order item/s come into stock?

The reason is because I'd like to get one of each of the models as well as the bag of components, however being an overseas purchaser, I'd like to maximize my postage efficiency and if I can only buy a single Stormcrow (totally understandable restriction), I'd prefer not to place two seperate orders for a single miniature only weeks apart and "waste" money on postage.   

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #674 on: 15 October 2021, 23:43:37 »
A late Friday/early Saturday drop, the latest Battletech Legends Dark Ages novel, Sword of Sedition by Loren Coleman. It's available in digital and Print on Demand now.

https://books2read.com/BattleTechLegendsSwordofSedition

POLITICS OF DESTRUCTION…

Newly elected Exarch Jonah Levin is still trying to come to terms with the responsibilities of his office. With his recent discovery of treachery in The Republic's Senate, he can trust very few people—and not even his own Paladins have been immune to murderous intrigue...
Tensions are heating up between Exarch Levin and the senators determined to fight what they call the "injustice being done to the Republic's government." Some are even agitating for Levin's censure—a move that could accomplish the same thing as the recent attempted coup that killed legendary Paladin Victor Steiner-Davion.
One of The Republic's last hopes is the summit of Inner Sphere leaders gathering on Terra. Ostensibly a tribute to the assassinated Steiner-Davion, it also has the potential to halt the escalating violence of the last few years. And although Victor would not have wanted his death to be the cause of more political maneuvering, Levin knows the great man would not begrudge the Republic this one final service to stave off all-out war—if only it isn't too late...

Catalyst Demo Agent #221, Huntington, WV

It's times like this I ask myself "What would Jabba the Hutt do?"

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #675 on: 16 October 2021, 03:36:57 »
Any news on when the UK/Europe store will launch?

PyreLight

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #676 on: 16 October 2021, 09:04:24 »

I didn't even know there was a plan for this. Could you link me to the news?

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #677 on: 16 October 2021, 09:32:12 »
How far away is the Black Knight?
No idea, all I know is that production has been continuous.

Don’t have that information, I’m sorry.
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Death_from_above

• Lieutenant
« Reply #678 on: 17 October 2021, 02:20:53 »
I didn't even know there was a plan for this. Could you link me to the news?

Morning PyreLight,

CGL working on AUS and UK/EU warehouses/stores was mentioned in the KS comments.

snip (courtesy of DarkISI's website) :

https://hpgstation.de/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/EU-UK-Hub.png

Regards,

Death From Above
« Last Edit: 17 October 2021, 02:22:33 by Death_from_above »

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #679 on: 17 October 2021, 03:48:10 »
Morning PyreLight,

CGL working on AUS and UK/EU warehouses/stores was mentioned in the KS comments.

Cheers for that Dfa, knew I'd read it but couldn't remember where I saw it too.
Regards,

Death From Above

PyreLight

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #680 on: 17 October 2021, 07:08:46 »
Morning PyreLight,

Regards,

Death From Above

Damn, that's incredibly sweet. Incredible news!

My wallet weeps though, now I'll be even more inclined to spend money on new merch and prints lol

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #681 on: 17 October 2021, 07:52:29 »
Another thought that occurred to me earlier, has there been any news on when the record sheets for the Stinger C & C 2 will appear?

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #682 on: 18 October 2021, 16:40:27 »
Got my Battlefield Support decks in the mail today. Pretty cool. Think these will make a fun little addition to future games. (Just make sure to buy at least two decks.)

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

bobthecoward

• Captain
« Reply #683 on: 18 October 2021, 18:00:03 »
One of the FLGS here got in 80 forcepacks Saturday
 They sold out.

To Adrian, Cubby, and everyone else who had a part in this I have one question....

What does this feel like?

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #684 on: 18 October 2021, 18:03:37 »
One of the FLGS here got in 80 forcepacks Saturday
 They sold out.

To Adrian, Cubby, and everyone else who had a part in this I have one question....

What does this feel like?

What town was this in?  Why isn't California so lucky? (having trouble finding any stores that will stock BattleTech in the Bay Area.)

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #685 on: 18 October 2021, 18:07:02 »
You know, stuff getting sold out isn't comforting. Because of how long it takes to restock (and current shipping issues and materials shortages and whatever else aren't helping any). I keep wondering when i'll get a chance to get just the Clan Fire Star... let alone a lot of other stuff i want. Limited budget also means i need to get stuff piece-meal.

And finally, it really, really doesn't help the only local store that carries BattleTech tends to add a lot to prices. 33 euro for the Clan Fire Star, vs 22 i could get it online (yes, 50% increase), ignoring shipping...

I'll admit it is pretty good time for BattleTech though. Issues like restocking aside.
« Last Edit: 18 October 2021, 18:08:38 by Empyrus »

bobthecoward

• Captain
« Reply #686 on: 18 October 2021, 18:07:57 »
What town was this in?  Why isn't California so lucky? (having trouble finding any stores that will stock BattleTech in the Bay Area.)

https://m.facebook.com/gamesuniversityaz/

If you want to see what they got in

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #687 on: 18 October 2021, 18:15:07 »
You know, stuff getting sold out isn't comforting. Because of how long it takes to restock (and current shipping issues and materials shortages and whatever else aren't helping any). I keep wondering when i'll get a chance to get just the Clan Fire Star... let alone a lot of other stuff i want. Limited budget also means i need to get stuff piece-meal.

And finally, it really, really doesn't help the only local store that carries BattleTech tends to add a lot to prices. 33 euro for the Clan Fire Star, vs 22 i could get it online (yes, 50% increase), ignoring shipping...

I'll admit it is pretty good time for BattleTech though. Issues like restocking aside.

Lord knows how long it will take to resolve pent up demand. Hell, TW 9.0 needed to be ordered just as 8.0 was hitting the shelves and that’s the rulebook 

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #688 on: 18 October 2021, 18:24:47 »
Lord knows how long it will take to resolve pent up demand. Hell, TW 9.0 needed to be ordered just as 8.0 was hitting the shelves and that’s the rulebook
I gave up on BT books long ago, figured it is far, far more practical (and cheaper) to stick with PDFs.

And as i typed this, i thought i might make an exception for new edition of Campaign Operations. So i check LGS site and even that's gone, last i visited there was few copies on shelves. And i live in a country with barely 6 million people, so one can bet BT players aren't common...
No TW either. Or other rulebooks. Indeed, it looks like the only thing left are the new desert maps. Not something i can afford right now, as much as i'd love to get them.

EDIT Priority: 1) Clan Fire Star, 2) Clan Heavy Battle Star. Those should fill my Clan roster.
« Last Edit: 18 October 2021, 18:27:38 by Empyrus »

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #689 on: 18 October 2021, 19:47:55 »
I'm the same way about my PDFs.  But some of these new full-color books would be great for getting DTF copies, though.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert