Author Topic: Upcoming Releases XXI: Urbie's Beer Run  (Read 141741 times)

Spaceman

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
Re: Upcoming Releases XXI: Urbie's Beer Run
« Reply #750 on: 22 October 2021, 16:53:43 »
Did the parts sell out? I am getting a page not found.
Demo Agent #567 Binghamton, NY (Southern Tier)
FLGS: Jupiter Games - Johnson City, NY

Southern Tier BattleTech Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/STierBattleTech/

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #751 on: 22 October 2021, 18:07:47 »
Did the parts sell out? I am getting a page not found.
Not sold out, but the product got pulled for some technical reason. Soon as we have information and can get it back online we’ll let everyone know.
« Last Edit: 22 October 2021, 18:09:18 by Adrian Gideon »
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Spaceman

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #752 on: 22 October 2021, 18:33:05 »
Not sold out, but the product got pulled for some technical reason. Soon as we have information and can get it back online we’ll let everyone know.

Ok thanks!
Demo Agent #567 Binghamton, NY (Southern Tier)
FLGS: Jupiter Games - Johnson City, NY

Southern Tier BattleTech Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/STierBattleTech/

five_corparty

• Lieutenant
« Reply #753 on: 22 October 2021, 19:27:54 »
COOL STICKERS!!

Ordered!  Hooray for more swag!

five_corparty

• Lieutenant
« Reply #754 on: 22 October 2021, 19:32:37 »
I am wondering how CGL knew I put my snowmobile in the dishwasher..

I carry my dishwasher on my snowmobile, so i've CLEARLY been going about this wrong!  ;)

five_corparty

• Lieutenant
« Reply #755 on: 22 October 2021, 19:34:37 »
and crap on the AMA!  :-\ :-\ I love those but I'm going to miss it because our weekly game is tomorrow!  :P

That said, I'm bringing a bunch of stuff out of the latest IlClan TRO, so, wish me luck y'all! :-)

(if anyone wants to do me a solid: my kids are BEGGING for more patches; we only got one with the KS which was CLEARLY a mistake, so if anyone would ask for me when they'll be available in the Battle-store, it'd be would be much appreciated!  I'll catch up with the answer on the recording after I get home!  :)

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
  • I dunno, here's Cirno shrugging...
« Reply #756 on: 22 October 2021, 23:00:42 »
Charger's up on Anthony's Patreon!

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #757 on: 22 October 2021, 23:44:43 »
Remember when iwm tried to fan-finance the viper/black python/white raven and had to cancel because reasons that were never really clear to me? Are we getting more plastic classics?

Probably not, but a guy can hope
« Last Edit: 23 October 2021, 00:42:20 by Greatclub »

Death_from_above

• Lieutenant
« Reply #758 on: 23 October 2021, 02:00:15 »
With their current design process (concept sketch > 3D render > line art) CGL would have a good head start
if they decide to launch another Battletech Kickstarter.

When the Ostsol was published in RecGuide 14, I asked Speck if there was a possibility to have it fan funded
for IWM production. I received a negative answer, so maybe there are plans being drawn up for more plastics...

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #759 on: 23 October 2021, 02:41:43 »
In the last AMA, someone asked about more plastic 'Mechs. To the best of my honest recollection, Adrian Gideon said that the KS was wildly successful, and you could connect the dots.

If the dots are the new art Scroggins et al keep pumping out ...
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Two Guns Blazing

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #760 on: 23 October 2021, 04:30:43 »
I said ages ago somewhere in the miniatures section that CGL should do a plastic Mech Kickstarter, and some people poo-pooed me for it, and some said it wouldn't work...

...I've said it before and I'll say it again. CGL would be crazy not to run another Battletech Kickstarter...and another after that, and the sooner the better to ride the wave of hype from the first Kickstarter.

They should have all the artwork and 3D models and renders being done by the same crew.

They should have pro-painters paint up the 3D printed pre-production models to a very high standard.

They should make new TRO's with all the new artwork, in full colour, even if they are just digital versions.

...and then show all that off during the Kickstarter, this kind of stuff drives miniature collectors and most gamers nuts, and very quickly relieves them of any spare cash they have. They should also do the same thing they did with the first Kickstarter, and have a really long Pledge Manager period to capture and rake in a heap more cash.

For this KS, they should focus on;

1 - Some Mechs they didn't cover in the first KS,

2 - Alternate sculpts for some of the most popular Mechs from the first KS,

3 - Most popular armoured vehicles,

4 - Most popular aircraft,

5 - Gnome or Golem BA and a couple of different types of IS BA, and

6 - Terrain would be cool but not as popular because people use different hex sizes.

...and I said this before too, they should very seriously consider getting their own plastic mold injection machine so they can make their own stuff in-house...you don't have to worry about what China ends up doing then, and don't have to rely on hem. There was a Kickstarter a couple of years ago where a US company, as part of their Kickstarter, did exactly this and ended up making all their own hard plastic injection models in-house. There's a big market for plastic Mechs, Armoured Vehicles, Battle Armour, Aircraft and alternate Mech parts for conversions...and when they weren't making stuff for themselves, they could use the machine to take on other work, both gaming and non-gaming industry related to keep the profits rolling in.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #761 on: 23 October 2021, 05:23:36 »

If the dots are the new art Scroggins et al keep pumping out ...
I don't if I'm weird but for most part I'd prefer factionally better arranged SKU than more minis. To be sure, there's some mechs I'd love to see but that's secondary.

DEZOAT

• Lieutenant
« Reply #762 on: 23 October 2021, 05:29:56 »
 :o ;D 8) Well I just did my Urbie's Beer Run at the Cat store this morning. I got the Storm Crow , all set of stickers , 3 set of the lost dice , GD story and RecGuide the latest one. Now I have all sets of the lost dice. Now I wait for the bit bag of mech parts and the Black Knight. Later

Death_from_above

• Lieutenant
« Reply #763 on: 23 October 2021, 05:33:38 »
IIRC*, Adrian Gideon mentioned that the B&N Wolf's Dragoons Assault Star was not to be taken as an indication
of further faction-specific ForcePacks, but I wouldn't mind if CGL were to take that route.

This would enable them to combine existing KS Mechs with new redesigns (example : Blackjack and JagerMech for Davions)..

Another point that needs to be taken into consideration is that all current ForcePacks are Alpha Strike-legal units, so that somewhat limits regrouping faction-specific Mechs.

*can't find the post, so caveat IIRC..
« Last Edit: 23 October 2021, 06:01:18 by Death_from_above »

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #764 on: 23 October 2021, 06:08:45 »
Another point that needs to be taken into consideration is that all current ForcePacks are Alpha Strike-legal units, so that somewhat limits regrouping faction-specific Mechs.
Yeah, sigh. Wish they'd drop that requirement.

Really annoyed due to budget limits. Designed and scrapped a dozen force building plans as it is. (Edit all theoretical, of course, not like stuff is available yet... And when they'll be is another question.)

Of course, having expanded availabilities in MUL and more contemporary (3150+) (WYSIWYG) variants would help considerably. Capellan or Lyran Enforcers and Hunchbacks for example...

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #765 on: 23 October 2021, 07:54:00 »

Did the broom break?
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

bobthecoward

• Captain
« Reply #766 on: 23 October 2021, 09:21:29 »
IIRC*, Adrian Gideon mentioned that the B&N Wolf's Dragoons Assault Star was not to be taken as an indication
of further faction-specific ForcePacks, but I wouldn't mind if CGL were to take that route.

This would enable them to combine existing KS Mechs with new redesigns (example : Blackjack and JagerMech for Davions)..

*can't find the post, so caveat IIRC..

Alpha strike legal?

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #767 on: 23 October 2021, 09:26:35 »
Alpha strike legal?

The units in each box have roles that let you field them as the appropriate formation using the rules from Alpha Strike or Campaign Operations.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Death_from_above

• Lieutenant
« Reply #768 on: 23 October 2021, 09:30:49 »
Alpha strike legal?

Example : Striker/Cavalry Lance

Units must be Size 3 or smaller.
They must have a minimum Ground Movement Speed or a Minimum Jumping Speed.
At least 50% of the Units must have either the Skirmisher or Striker Role.
For meeting these requirements, 75% of the Unit gains the Speed Demon Special Pilot Ability.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #769 on: 23 October 2021, 09:47:29 »
These are also in Campaign Operations so it’s not just an AS thing.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #770 on: 23 October 2021, 10:00:10 »
Daughter of the Dragon and the audio release of Divided We Fall are now on Amazon

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #771 on: 23 October 2021, 10:58:29 »
Example : Striker/Cavalry Lance

Units must be Size 3 or smaller.
They must have a minimum Ground Movement Speed or a Minimum Jumping Speed.
At least 50% of the Units must have either the Skirmisher or Striker Role.
For meeting these requirements, 75% of the Unit gains the Speed Demon Special Pilot Ability.

Those rules were optional, right?
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #772 on: 23 October 2021, 11:58:18 »
yep, but they're available (if your opponent is good with them, anyway)

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #773 on: 24 October 2021, 04:20:22 »
Daughter of the Dragon is at B&N.
I have spoken.

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #774 on: 24 October 2021, 15:06:54 »
You've been asking, so here's the newest Audio Book on Audible, Divided We Fall, by Blaine Lee Pardoe.

https://adbl.co/3GfTRsJ

Brothers in arms...

At long last, the Clans’ campaign for the Inner Sphere is about to come to a head. Alaric Wolf is preparing for his biggest moves yet...and is willing to enlist just about any force that can help him achieve his ultimate goal - the conquest of Terra.

To do this, he sends one of his own on a very special mission. Marotta Kerensky is a Wolf warrior unlike any other - the perfect candidate for a mission unlike any other: Convince the legendary Wolf’s Dragoons to rejoin the Clan they originally came from.

But when Marotta reaches the mercenary unit, he finds the unit quite different from the storied force of more than a century ago. The times have vastly changed since then, and the Dragoons have as well...or have they? Driven to accomplish his mission at any cost, Marotta allies with a Dragoons officer on a risky gambit that may help him deliver what his Khan wants...or tear Wolf’s Dragoons apart forever.

In addition, we are proud to announce our newest Dark Ages Legends novel is available, Daughter of the Dragon by Ilsa Bick, available in digital and Print on Demand.

https://books2read.com/BattleTechLegendsDaughteroftheDragon

A ROGUE DRAGON RAMPAGES…

Between the Republic of the Sphere and the Draconis Combine stands the military unit known as the Dragon's Fury. Claiming worlds in the name of the Dragon without House Kurita's support and threatening the entire Inner Sphere, the Fury pursue their leader’s agenda with fanatical devotion...

Katana Tormark bears the burden of disgrace. A traitor’s actions against her father dishonored her family. Now, to regain the respect the Tormark clan deserves, she openly challenges the Coordinator's policy of nonaggression with the Republic, hoping to push House Kurita into a war—one the Coordinator apparently doesn't want.

Warlord Mitsura Sakamoto believes Katana is making House Kurita look weak, and he’s determined to turn the situation to his advantage. For he has his own designs on ruling the Combine, and he's not going to let the daughter of a disgraced samurai stand in his way...

Catalyst Demo Agent #221, Huntington, WV

It's times like this I ask myself "What would Jabba the Hutt do?"

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #775 on: 24 October 2021, 16:11:10 »
*Reads blurb for Daughter of the Dragon*

Logic isn't Katana strong suit, is it?

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #776 on: 24 October 2021, 16:22:14 »
My thoughts exactly

GuyIncognito

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #777 on: 24 October 2021, 16:23:52 »
Her parents named her Katana; I feel the deck was stacked against her from the start.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #778 on: 24 October 2021, 16:37:35 »
At least she wasn't named Tanto or Wakizashi.

Her parents named her Katana; I feel the deck was stacked against her from the start.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #779 on: 24 October 2021, 16:40:14 »
One of the few DA novels I missed that and The Scorpion Jsr
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Register