Author Topic: How do put anti-personal weapons onto PA(L) Megamek?  (Read 2079 times)

kashim12

• Sergeant
How do put anti-personal weapons onto PA(L) Megamek?
« on: 02 January 2022, 16:35:40 »
To get more familiar with Megamek I designed a very basic PA(L) and gave it a Mauser 960.  It will not validate the suit due to the laser rifle not having any slots.  How fix?
« Last Edit: 02 January 2022, 16:41:43 by kashim12 »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: How do put anti-personal weapons onto PA(L) Megamek?
« Reply #1 on: 02 January 2022, 19:51:20 »
Did you intsall an Anti-Personnel Weapon Mount (APWM) or use Armored Gloves as your manipulators?  Those are the two rules legal ways to employ infantry weapons on BA.  I'm less sure that either is properly implemented in MM.

kashim12

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 02 January 2022, 20:03:40 »
Armored gloves.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #3 on: 02 January 2022, 20:23:17 »
That's what you you should ask the devs, then, i.e.: have they implemented Armored Gloves as a way to arm BA wtih infantry weapons?

AlphaMirage

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 02 January 2022, 23:54:10 »
That's what you you should ask the devs, then, i.e.: have they implemented Armored Gloves as a way to arm BA wtih infantry weapons?

They have ever since the Nighthawk.

The issue is likely in that armored gloves can carry any infantry weapon and without an Anti-Personnel mount the software is getting confused. Just mark the damage on the final sheet

Syzyx

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #5 on: 07 January 2022, 10:33:50 »
You can right click on the weapon itself and it should give you an option to mount the weapon in the manipulators. To remove the weapon you right click on the manipulator itself.
But as a matter of fact I was quite busy getting potty-trained at the time and had no time for interstellar politics.- ykonoclast

Register