Author Topic: needed....AEROTECH sim!!!!  (Read 3523 times)

samir3050

• Recruit
needed....AEROTECH sim!!!!
« on: 04 July 2011, 17:28:06 »
Think it is time to think outside the typical Btech Box. Aerospace fights are simply amazing, why not run a diff aspect of battletech....space and atmosphere missions or even both at the same time, go up or go down.  Simulated stresses and heat generated from burning in from the atmosphere of whatever planet it may be, targeting dirt dwellers(mechs, tanks, air to air, dropships, etc) .  Another way to get new fans into Battletech as well.
"Only a coward would not face me. Come to me, Victor, and I will teach you things in seconds that men study lifetimes to learn." -IlKhan Lincoln Osis, Strana Mechty 23 April 3060

doulos05

• Warrant Officer
Re: needed....AEROTECH sim!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 05 July 2011, 08:20:28 »
Well, for the turn-based side of things, MegaMek now supports a full SpaceAirLand battle doctrine as I understand it.
I mean, it's not like once you having something in low Earth orbit you can stick a gassy astronaut on the outside after Chili Night and fart it anywhere in the solar system.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 05 July 2011, 11:33:17 »
hmmm i seem to recall seeing a mod for that in freespace 2 ... but it had been several years and may be next to imposible to find...on the other hand robotech mod for fs 2 is easy to find hmmmm
also you may want to look for homeworld 1 and 2 mod  or check around mod data base community there had been few mods for other games but i never looked for areotech mods on purpose
« Last Edit: 05 July 2011, 11:36:07 by elf25s »
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 05 July 2011, 11:38:49 »
i seem to remeber there was amod for star wolves in there somewhere but dont take my word for it.
you may also want to try solar empires community for a mod or even request one and from what i had seen and played star wars mod was very sweet on solar empires just imagine how good it would look as BT  mod
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

WarChicken

• Corporal
« Reply #4 on: 06 July 2011, 05:44:16 »
There is a mod for independence war 2 where you can fly different aerospace fighters and considering it uses a newtonian physics engine makes it especially relevant!

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 07 July 2011, 18:05:52 »
Darrn it should be sins of solar empire....
You may want to check with x2 the threat mod comunity

doulos05

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #6 on: 07 July 2011, 19:17:01 »
Darrn it should be sins of solar empire....
You may want to check with x2 the threat mod comunity
An X2 mod would be beautiful.... Graphics-wise anyway, I'm not sure how well it'd capture the flavor, but the eye-candy... Oh, the eye-candy....
I mean, it's not like once you having something in low Earth orbit you can stick a gassy astronaut on the outside after Chili Night and fart it anywhere in the solar system.

Khymerion

• Captain
    • The Iron Hack
« Reply #7 on: 11 July 2011, 09:26:24 »
and X2 or X3 mod...  that would capture everything so nice...  to be able to dance across the side of a McKenna or flip around a Monolith would be so completely divine.
"Any sufficiently rigorously defined magic is indistinguishable from technology."  - Larry Niven... far too appropriate at times here.

...but sometimes making sure you turn their ace into red paste is more important than friends.

Do not offend the chair leg of truth.  It is wise and terrible.

The GM is only right for as long as the facts back him up.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #8 on: 11 July 2011, 13:01:09 »
that would be sweet i will have to post arequest on one of the boards

Jackmc

• Captain
    • How I pay the bills
« Reply #9 on: 11 July 2011, 13:06:37 »
The problem is that an authentic simulation would be very boring as your typical dogfight involves firing at a distance where the enemy is microscopically small to the human eye.

-Jackmc

Khymerion

• Captain
    • The Iron Hack
« Reply #10 on: 11 July 2011, 15:05:21 »
Baaaah, like that has ever stopped a 'space-sim' before?   I don't recall very many space flight sim games that didn't dazzle you with massive graphics, up close dogfights, or fantastic and memorable shots.

They will magically lower the range to be appropriate for a graphical display that will allow the player(s) to best fit into the world and do what they want.

That being said, it would be awesome to watch a Corsair spin and dash around a Kirghiz all Wing Commander style, yes?
"Any sufficiently rigorously defined magic is indistinguishable from technology."  - Larry Niven... far too appropriate at times here.

...but sometimes making sure you turn their ace into red paste is more important than friends.

Do not offend the chair leg of truth.  It is wise and terrible.

The GM is only right for as long as the facts back him up.

Medron Pryde

• Captain
  • Life's a beach, enjoy the sand between your toes
    • P.R.I.
« Reply #11 on: 22 July 2011, 01:21:19 »
Yes.  :)
Col Medron Pryde - DropShip Irregulars - Phoenix Hawk LAM - A Proud Browncoat

RSM Regstav Pryde - Battle Corps Legion - BattleMaster BLR-K4
Angel Strike - They thought they'd killed us.  They were wrong.  We struck back...
Pryde Rock Industries - Your Source for awesome BattleTech programs
My Deviant Art Page
Jack of Harts - updated daily
Strike Force - a fanmade RPG supplement for Alpha Strike