Author Topic: Filling in the Syberian AutoMechs (Open Thread)  (Read 99902 times)

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
Re: Filling in the Syberian AutoMechs (Open Thread)
« Reply #1230 on: 11 March 2023, 10:42:53 »
I was warned never to turn my hobby into work lest I want to loose interest in it.   :)

:'(

Damn! I *felt* that...

- Herb

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #1231 on: 11 March 2023, 11:07:37 »
That's another reason I'm committed to sticking with Fan Fiction vice trying to get published.

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #1232 on: 14 March 2023, 15:50:39 »
Noticed an "Oops" in the Biplaner with its armor: it allocates 55 points on 2 tons of Commercial, which is too high.  Here's a revamped version with an extra configuration, that cuts the armor to 48 points.

Biplaner Aerofighter AutoMech Fireboss Config

Very cool. I like the crop duster variant.  :thumbsup:

I was thinking about a Triplane variant for Skyscreamer.
https://news.tfw2005.com/2018/11/19/toyworld-tw-fs06-wwi-starscream-prototype-376862  I'm thinking 2 machine guns with a half ton of ammo, a retractable blade at 1.5 tons for the prop on the arm, and 2 RL-10s just because. Plus rockets were used in WWI to shoot down observation Balloons. No wonder Balloon retired.  ;D https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Balloon

To me that the Biplaner roll wise is a close air support vehicle. They're able in being able bring down the pain but unlike modern jets , can linker longer on station. 

I'm curious how the rules would handle the ability of a lam such as the Biplaner.  Would they be able to do a strike like aerospac fighter.  Are they considered true aircraft and not ground vetoles like they're not going to be able to do the same thing I would imagine rules-wise. Especially when you can bring bombs down during a strike or a strafing run.

I believe they'd be treated as an aerospace unit since anything that flies and isn't a WiGE or VTOL is an aerospace unit. I do wish there were rules that allowed slower flying airplanes but the closest there is are Aerospace units on the ground map rules. Something like the original Boomerang in TRO:3025.

Sooo....insanity ensued, and i did this for the Biplaner.  Please bare in mind, i'm not a artist.  xp

Cool insanity!  :thumbsup:

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #1233 on: 14 March 2023, 21:37:40 »
STARSCREAM SKY STRIKER
XP-21F

'The Starscream Sky Striker [XP-21F] was released as an exclusive to the 2011 San Diego Comic Con International. It included the pilot, Cobra Commander (v47) and a gun accessory intended to be Megatron, the Decepticon leader.'

Yes, a three-way verse!
TT

PS: And also that leads us to a four-way verse, Marvel!
« Last Edit: 14 March 2023, 21:40:00 by truetanker »
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #1234 on: 17 March 2023, 16:39:49 »
So, what do you think, Daryk?

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #1235 on: 17 March 2023, 17:00:00 »
STARSCREAM SKY STRIKER
XP-21F

'The Starscream Sky Striker [XP-21F] was released as an exclusive to the 2011 San Diego Comic Con International. It included the pilot, Cobra Commander (v47) and a gun accessory intended to be Megatron, the Decepticon leader.'

Yes, a three-way verse!
TT

PS: And also that leads us to a four-way verse, Marvel!
A F14 in Starscream colors vs a F15.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1236 on: 17 March 2023, 17:51:30 »
Is that suppose to be Waspinator?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #1237 on: 17 March 2023, 17:53:08 »
An ornithopter variant of Waspinator. 

Is that suppose to be Waspinator?

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1238 on: 17 March 2023, 18:05:22 »
That is GLORIOUS!  :o

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #1239 on: 17 March 2023, 20:01:10 »
So, what do you think, Daryk?

That's freakin' awesome.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1240 on: 17 March 2023, 20:08:15 »
That too!  ;D

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #1241 on: 17 March 2023, 20:09:18 »
I'm eyeing a spare Cyrano and wondering if I should ornithopter it now too.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1242 on: 17 March 2023, 20:09:48 »
Why not?  8)

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #1243 on: 17 March 2023, 20:22:09 »
Depends if I can find my spare fly fishing wings i bought ages ago.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1244 on: 17 March 2023, 20:24:35 »
That's fair... fingers crossed you can find them!  :thumbsup:

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1245 on: 17 March 2023, 20:59:04 »
I'm still trying to decide if an Unseen Stinger (plastic) or a Svartfalfa protomech would be the better base for a Biplaner based on this guy:

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1246 on: 17 March 2023, 21:14:36 »
I'd go for the Svartfalfa, it was designed with the wings in mind of that style.

When I was doing the biplane image I did.  I remembered a Gobot type that does use propellar mech/robot bodies.

They did quite number of theses for Gobots.
« Last Edit: 17 March 2023, 21:17:26 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1247 on: 17 March 2023, 22:55:48 »
I'd go for the Svartfalfa, it was designed with the wings in mind of that style.

When I was doing the biplane image I did.  I remembered a Gobot type that does use propellar mech/robot bodies.

They did quite number of theses for Gobots.

Oh.  Oh wow.  That's...something.

There are two versions of Ransack that are prop birds in the Transformers.  One gets mentioned in the original writeup, looking like an Albatross biplane:

The other is based on the Vought F4U Corsair.  It feels...very GoBot-like:

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1248 on: 18 March 2023, 02:28:19 »
Is that a Tucano, Gio? ???

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1249 on: 18 March 2023, 03:15:53 »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1250 on: 18 March 2023, 03:17:22 »
Ah, thanks Gio!  :thumbsup:

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1251 on: 18 March 2023, 07:07:39 »
Oh.  Oh wow.  That's...something.
They made a lot of those, they were originally Japanese toys before they were imported to US as GoBots.  Being a spoiled child in the 80s toys wise, I had many of them.

The image i showed you was Corsair.  I remembered it well, since it was with the Black Sheep Squadron Television Show.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #1252 on: 18 March 2023, 11:58:25 »
When I kitbashed my version of Ransack, there is alot of Corsair and biplane DNA mainly because of Crimson Skies mini that was chosen.

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #1253 on: 20 March 2023, 03:01:55 »
They made a lot of those, they were originally Japanese toys before they were imported to US as GoBots.  Being a spoiled child in the 80s toys wise, I had many of them.

The image i showed you was Corsair.  I remembered it well, since it was with the Black Sheep Squadron Television Show.

GoBots may not have been as successful as Transformers but they had some cool toys.   :thumbsup:   

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1254 on: 20 March 2023, 22:50:21 »
You know I've been reading the book lately, is it possible to designate automech as City Commander of a mobile structure such as the non-stated Metroplex?

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #1255 on: 21 March 2023, 00:06:20 »
You know I've been reading the book lately, is it possible to designate automech as City Commander of a mobile structure such as the non-stated Metroplex?

You mean an Ultra-Magnus? (In Transformers lore, Ultra Magnus is often considered to be the city commander for Autobot City/Metroplex... That is, when they're not having him be leader of the Wreckers, the Autobot Second-in-Command, or a shell driven by a smaller bot in memory of the original.)

If so, Magnum Ultra is a Leader-class AutoMech with a Grand Titan-type Mech mode, and a Indra-like vehicle mode.

- Herb

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1256 on: 21 March 2023, 00:51:46 »
GoBots may not have been as successful as Transformers but they had some cool toys.   :thumbsup:

Cyclops ala Battletech style...

Meanwhile, in the Periphery...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #1257 on: 21 March 2023, 02:43:57 »
Cyclops ala Battletech style...

Meanwhile, in the Periphery...

TT

:o  Ooo :smitten:  I want one!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1258 on: 21 March 2023, 05:57:52 »
You mean an Ultra-Magnus? (In Transformers lore, Ultra Magnus is often considered to be the city commander for Autobot City/Metroplex... That is, when they're not having him be leader of the Wreckers, the Autobot Second-in-Command, or a shell driven by a smaller bot in memory of the original.)

If so, Magnum Ultra is a Leader-class AutoMech with a Grand Titan-type Mech mode, and a Indra-like vehicle mode.

- Herb
Sorry, I was typing on my phone. I'm talking about Metroplex. I forgot Grand Titan / Magnum Ultra was the Metro's original commander [If I remember right, they did that to hide surprise of him becoming who would be the next Autobot leader toywise].   What I was ask if it possible for a non-Leader Class to be code-bonded or team-bonded to a non-Transforming Automech.  So Ultra is the commander, he can order the city and it's defenses to act, especially the lesser ones.  I remember right G1 toy had walking "Rifleman" like Mech and a small scout car which was extension of the city.  If they were team-bond they would all answer city commander.

The fluff for the XTR Syberia had suggested that Leaders were very rare automechs.  Thus why I wasn't initially thinking mentioning Ultra.  Fortress Maximus would be like that given the original version of him was a headmaster, thus smaller (normal size) transformer could do other things while not being stuck stationary (mostly).

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1259 on: 21 March 2023, 06:12:12 »
Where would Headmasters come in?

I have a show box of them in my collection.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Register