Author Topic: Filling in the Syberian AutoMechs (Open Thread)  (Read 99910 times)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Re: Filling in the Syberian AutoMechs (Open Thread)
« Reply #1260 on: 21 March 2023, 06:14:42 »
Where would Headmasters come in?

I have a show box of them in my collection.

TT
I was comparing them since their both Titan size Superheavy 'Mechs.  The Headmaster Fortress has smaller Mech in charge of it.  As does Metro has a City Commander. 
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #1261 on: 21 March 2023, 06:40:38 »
I was talking about the miniature robots that became the Heads of 'Formers to control... something like the Combiners... Were they themselves form a Titan. The Headmasters had Humans in, what I wanna say BA?, form a head.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1262 on: 21 March 2023, 07:02:13 »
I was talking about the miniature robots that became the Heads of 'Formers to control... something like the Combiners... Were they themselves form a Titan. The Headmasters had Humans in, what I wanna say BA?, form a head.

TT
Matter of scale, since Headmaster for Max isn't going be big enough if it's just a AutoSuite/MiniMech (Battle Armor). "Rifleman/Lancelot" Mech which was part Metroplex was clearly a fullsize 'Mech. The mini-vehicle that part of original Metroplex that came out "chest garage" is likely a Beetle Class if you scale it up to meet up with the size Metro.  However, it could go both ways.  Metro on Syberia is massively larger than even Metroplex is, mobile structure. Thus where I go say it's likely 'Mech scale or dozen mini-tank things.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Charistoph

• Major
« Reply #1263 on: 21 March 2023, 14:22:17 »

TT

In the Japanese form, the Heads are the true Transformers and the bodies are Transtectors, basically the equivalent of Interface Mechs like the Skinwalker.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1264 on: 21 March 2023, 21:42:36 »
That I did know...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #1265 on: 22 March 2023, 05:31:30 »
To answer the question of Syberian units teamed up with the mobile structures, I have these.

Metro-Central = Metroplex
  Metro-Battery (Battery class) = Six-Gun
  Metro-Scamp (Beetle class) = Scamper
  Metro-Slammer (Brawler class) = Slammer

Tri-Central Command = Trypticon
  Tilt-Hounder (Hounder class) = Full-Tilt
  Streak Wiper (Streaker class) = Wipe-Out
  Blunter (Tanker class) = Brunt

Titanianapolis = Metrotitan
  Titano-Ray (Battery class) = Metroshot
  Titano-Tender (Beetle class) = Metrodash
  Titano-Brawler (Brawler class) = Metrotank

In play, I would have each team of these units Team-Bonded to each other, like all combiner-themed teams.

As to Headmasters/Targetmasters/Powermasters, we discussed these before, I think. On Syberia, most of these would end up being two-unit Team-Bonds, with the smaller unit being a MiniMech/AutoSuit and the larger one a standard-sized AutoMech. For the bigger ones--such as the Fortress-class and other Superheavy AutoMechs--I'd upgrade the small partner to a normal-sized AutoMech in the light or medium weight classes. AutoMechs bigger than the superheavy size class with X-master partners would use AutoMechs of any size as their Team-bound partner.

That's me, though.

- Herb

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1266 on: 22 March 2023, 20:36:33 »
That's awesome, thank you!

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #1267 on: 23 March 2023, 04:59:23 »
Started my own take on a Biplaner using my more meager skills and what I had on hand.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #1268 on: 23 March 2023, 09:24:40 »
Nice!   Got the vee mode picked out too yet?

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1269 on: 23 March 2023, 10:46:40 »
Nice!   Got the vee mode picked out too yet?

I was thinking of the XP-55 Ascender as one of the leading ideas (and there are 6mm scale ones on Shapeways), given the pusher prop, but a Hughes Bloodhawk from Crimson Skies would work well, as well, at least in terms of appearance.  I'm not sure how long the Bloodhawk mini is compared to a Stinger.  Heck, even a BT Corsair with a prop on the back would probably work.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #1270 on: 23 March 2023, 10:49:57 »
Bloodhawk would be fine, I can get you a picture later today after work if you want to see them together.

I was thinking of the XP-55 Ascender as one of the leading ideas (and there are 6mm scale ones on Shapeways), given the pusher prop, but a Hughes Bloodhawk from Crimson Skies would work well, as well, at least in terms of appearance.  I'm not sure how long the Bloodhawk mini is compared to a Stinger.  Heck, even a BT Corsair with a prop on the back would probably work.

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1271 on: 23 March 2023, 15:43:58 »
Bloodhawk would be fine, I can get you a picture later today after work if you want to see them together.

Yes, please.  It'd give me a good idea of scale before I order one.

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1272 on: 07 May 2023, 07:38:16 »
So, when combing through the Syberian TRO tonight, were the JUniCom Deltan, the Bomber Mech and the MiniMug (Scrap Iron?) based on any specific Transformers?

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #1273 on: 07 May 2023, 08:02:04 »
So, when combing through the Syberian TRO tonight, were the JUniCom Deltan, the Bomber Mech and the MiniMug (Scrap Iron?) based on any specific Transformers?

Deltan - Nine Cell is "Nancy," a Lithone-style character who appeared to be at least a partner to Wreck-Gar in a single episode of the third season of the original Transformers cartoon.

MiniMug - Scrap Iron is an unnamed "Short Junkion" who appeared once in the same cartoon episode as Nancy.

BomberMech - Big Lug is Lugnut, a Decepticon fanatic who originally appeared in the Transformers Animated series, but has since crossed over into other continuities.

Hope that helps!

- Herb

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1274 on: 07 May 2023, 09:09:12 »
Deltan - Nine Cell is "Nancy," a Lithone-style character who appeared to be at least a partner to Wreck-Gar in a single episode of the third season of the original Transformers cartoon.

MiniMug - Scrap Iron is an unnamed "Short Junkion" who appeared once in the same cartoon episode as Nancy.

BomberMech - Big Lug is Lugnut, a Decepticon fanatic who originally appeared in the Transformers Animated series, but has since crossed over into other continuities.

Hope that helps!

- Herb

That is a big help.  Bit surprised by Nancy not being a car like Arcee, but it works, and the JUniCom could certainly use their own take on a flyer.

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #1275 on: 07 May 2023, 15:31:53 »
That is a big help.  Bit surprised by Nancy not being a car like Arcee, but it works, and the JUniCom could certainly use their own take on a flyer.

Nancy being an aerospace unit is based on an image I found in some old Transformers "Who's Who" comics that marvel published around the time of the 1986 movie. The image and data was of Kranix, from Lithone, but since Nancy used the same character model as Kranix, I decided she'd have the same alt mode. It also gave the JUniCom faction an air unit of its own.

- Herb

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1276 on: 07 May 2023, 15:36:45 »

I hope Herb's work and advice is helping you out with your own challenges! Your talented writer, Gio.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #1277 on: 16 September 2023, 19:26:48 »
Gio, I am so sorry, I had forgotten about this picture I promised you.

Yes, please.  It'd give me a good idea of scale before I order one.

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #1278 on: 17 September 2023, 03:20:29 »
Luciora
Cool minis!

Herb
I've got a question for you about FighterMechs and landing gear. I've played around with landing gear slots a little but I was wondering what you thought. Is it okay to add, remove or move landing gear crits and give the FighterMech a quirk or two depending on the type of landing gear it would have in Fighter Mode? An example would be removing the center torso landing gear slot from a tail dragger but adding a penalty for take offs and landings.

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #1279 on: 17 September 2023, 16:11:05 »
Herb
I've got a question for you about FighterMechs and landing gear. I've played around with landing gear slots a little but I was wondering what you thought. Is it okay to add, remove or move landing gear crits and give the FighterMech a quirk or two depending on the type of landing gear it would have in Fighter Mode? An example would be removing the center torso landing gear slot from a tail dragger but adding a penalty for take offs and landings.

Since you're giving a reasonable flaw to go with that, that seems like a perfectly reasonable custom Quirk for the deviation in landing gear setups.

- Herb

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #1280 on: 17 September 2023, 19:22:13 »
Since you're giving a reasonable flaw to go with that, that seems like a perfectly reasonable custom Quirk for the deviation in landing gear setups.

- Herb

Cool!  :cool: Thanks!  :grin:

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #1281 on: 20 September 2023, 13:47:19 »
There is a new set of Transformers Minis out at Wallyworld.
18 figures but only 6 new scuplts.

But you get a Galvatron and a Prowl.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1282 on: 20 September 2023, 15:17:46 »
I'd like to see a Star Wars Transformer...

Say one of the fighters or ground units.

You know, a spy...

Droids are to small...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1283 on: 20 September 2023, 18:27:32 »
If I can get a request made for the new set.
Alpha Trion is one of the 5 (thought it was 6) new sculpts and it don't exist in the conversions.
Can we get one made please??

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1284 on: 20 September 2023, 18:32:48 »
Ohhh...

Death Star as Syber-Tron...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #1285 on: 20 September 2023, 19:04:10 »

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1286 on: 20 September 2023, 19:51:40 »
Neat, forgot these...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1287 on: 21 September 2023, 06:43:57 »
Random thought, I know the book has been made and such so it probably no new entries will be added.

However I did want to ask if what the size of the baronies mobile city/mobile structures were in HEX size? Since they are essentially mobile cities for Barony forces or at least mobile repair facilities.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1288 on: 21 September 2023, 11:42:48 »
Random thought, I know the book has been made and such so it probably no new entries will be added.

However I did want to ask if what the size of the baronies mobile city/mobile structures were in HEX size? Since they are essentially mobile cities for Barony forces or at least mobile repair facilities.

And an awesome book it is.
I was just hoping for a bonus added for Alpha Trion. With the mini toy coming out just would want a base idea on how to make that.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1289 on: 21 September 2023, 12:24:43 »
Check the Mobile Structure construction rules, smallest is 1, largest something like 9 x 9?

Level accordingly, multiple structures can work.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Register