Author Topic: Amaris Empire - Naval rank structure?  (Read 2686 times)

phoenixalpha

• Warrant Officer
  • For God, Prince Davion & the Federated Suns
Amaris Empire - Naval rank structure?
« on: 24 June 2022, 06:18:49 »
Does anyone have (I've checked Sarna but alas...) an idea of the Amaris Empire rank titles for Aerospace pilots? So equivalency to things like Squadron Leader etc.

cray

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • How's it sit? Pretty cunning, don't you think?
Re: Amaris Empire - Naval rank structure?
« Reply #2 on: 24 June 2022, 17:16:03 »
I don't think it was ever stated, thus I would say SLDF standard

That makes sense. The Rim Worlds Republic was virtually an extension of the Hegemony and its military heavily integrated with the Hegemony (when Amaris started sneaking Rim Worlds troops to Terra). Compatible ranks are likely.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

**"A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything." --Wash, Firefly.
**"Well, the first class name [for pocket WarShips]: 'Ship with delusions of grandeur that is going to evaporate 3.1 seconds after coming into NPPC range' tended to cause morale problems...." --Korzon77
**"Describe the Clans." "Imagine an entire civilization built out of 80’s Ric Flairs, Hulk Hogans, & Macho Man Randy Savages ruling over an entire labor force with Einstein Level Intelligence." --Jake Mikolaitis

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.

Metallgewitter

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 27 June 2022, 04:01:38 »
I think the only real hint at naval ranks in the Rim Worlds is the Reunification War book. There we have a Admiral Hakim Wibka who led the small Rim worlds fleet.
And it seems as if only the Rim Worlds had seperate ranknames for their navy officers as for example the Taurians had Marshals leading navies like Marshal Cardenas or Marshal Santos while Marshal is also the rank for leading ground forces.

BrianDavion

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 04 September 2022, 00:40:47 »
That makes sense. The Rim Worlds Republic was virtually an extension of the Hegemony and its military heavily integrated with the Hegemony (when Amaris started sneaking Rim Worlds troops to Terra). Compatible ranks are likely.

Maybe but compatable doesn't mean the same, consider the example of NATO
The Suns will shine again

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 09 September 2022, 12:34:01 »
My guess is they run a Greek Navy style ranking system like their Army did.
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Register