Author Topic: Ultra Protomechs  (Read 6030 times)

bblaney

• Lieutenant
Ultra Protomechs
« on: 14 July 2011, 22:11:03 »
Okay TRO: Prototypes has one and want to know if anyone has seen rules on them, as I would like to start designing them.

Thanks!!!!
Quote from: Nanaki
Realism is not going to cut it, Battletech is not a realistic universe by any stretch of the imagination, so please stop using it in an argument.

Quote from: HABeas2
That's debatable, but let's face it; some folks gave them a pass because they were big and claimed to be Scottish.

Onisuzume

• Lieutenant
Re: Ultra Protomechs
« Reply #1 on: 15 July 2011, 04:57:06 »
No rules yet.

Glory to the Combine Snow Lily Empire!

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 15 July 2011, 06:10:36 »
No rules yet.

Man talk about teasing us.

So far we got LAM's and Ultra Protomechs and no rules to making them..................
Realism is not going to cut it, Battletech is not a realistic universe by any stretch of the imagination, so please stop using it in an argument.

That's debatable, but let's face it; some folks gave them a pass because they were big and claimed to be Scottish.

Onisuzume

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 15 July 2011, 07:48:01 »
Try Intertellar Operations, or War of Reaving.

Davion_Boy_74

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #4 on: 15 July 2011, 08:11:09 »
Try Interstellar Operations, or War of Reaving.

Nither of which are yet published  :-\

Dave.

Feign

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #5 on: 15 July 2011, 13:00:37 »
Man talk about teasing us.

So far we got LAM's and Ultra Protomechs and no rules to making them..................
The tease is indeed strong with the Ultra Protos, but the LAM Construction and game rules are in Record Sheets: 3085.

I've mentioned before that I kind of like the trend, putting rules relating to the TROs in the corresponding RS books (definitely makes the RS books more worth buying.)...
All that is born dies,
All that is planned fails,
All that is built crumbles,
But memories continue on,
And that is beautiful.

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
« Reply #6 on: 15 July 2011, 16:48:02 »
The tease is indeed strong with the Ultra Protos, but the LAM Construction and game rules are in Record Sheets: 3085.

I've mentioned before that I kind of like the trend, putting rules relating to the TROs in the corresponding RS books (definitely makes the RS books more worth buying.)...

...Sorry, but I can't agree with that statement.  There are times I bitterly object to this practice, especially with rules.  I dislike seeing this kind of thing with ANYTHING, as it seems to me these are dirty, underhanded marketing tricks that try to make me buy something I would otherwise have no interest in.

I expect to find rules in RULEBOOKS, not in optional books.  I might be convinced this happens because the rules in question were not considered at the time of publication, but I still expect it not to be in a product like a book of RS.  I'm very interested in the Ultra Proto and LAM rules, to see how they compare to my AU rules, but  I'm disappointed - very disappointed - at this behavior, and I won't buy it just to compare them for that reason. [tickedoff]
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

ATN082268

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 16 July 2011, 08:59:39 »
...Sorry, but I can't agree with that statement.  There are times I bitterly object to this practice, especially with rules.  I dislike seeing this kind of thing with ANYTHING, as it seems to me these are dirty, underhanded marketing tricks that try to make me buy something I would otherwise have no interest in.

I expect to find rules in RULEBOOKS, not in optional books.  I might be convinced this happens because the rules in question were not considered at the time of publication, but I still expect it not to be in a product like a book of RS.  I'm very interested in the Ultra Proto and LAM rules, to see how they compare to my AU rules, but  I'm disappointed - very disappointed - at this behavior, and I won't buy it just to compare them for that reason. [tickedoff]

Don't worry, rules usually make it into a core rulebook of sorts but only after people buy the product they originally were published in :)

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #8 on: 16 July 2011, 10:22:55 »
  Don't worry, rules usually make it into a core rulebook of sorts but only after people buy the product they originally were published in :)

...I hope so.  The last time I was this dissapointed, it was the Genecaste from Interstellar Players.  It was actually the first book I refused to buy.  Oh, I'd been broke and unable to by it RIGHT NOW, but I was so outraged I started my AU project.
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: 16 July 2011, 10:58:41 »
Personally I dislike releasing designs without a way to make them, as it is a MAJOR TEASE!!!!

Also I am wondering if they will allow mechs to go WiGE also, as it could be the start of the next renaissance in tech, like what the clans had compared to the IS when they arrived in the early 3050's.

Feign

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #10 on: 16 July 2011, 18:15:42 »
Personally I dislike releasing designs without a way to make them, as it is a MAJOR TEASE!!!!

Also I am wondering if they will allow mechs to go WiGE also, as it could be the start of the next renaissance in tech, like what the clans had compared to the IS when they arrived in the early 3050's.
LAMs in Airmech Mode use WiGE movement...  But yeah, I get what you mean.
All that is born dies,
All that is planned fails,
All that is built crumbles,
But memories continue on,
And that is beautiful.

KlavoHunter

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: 16 July 2011, 22:23:22 »
What in the name of the Camerons is an Ultra Protomech?
What the heck is a Piranha Rat?!?

those can be some of the best posts evar! wake up the next day and be all like, wait, I posted what!?!?
;)

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #12 on: 16 July 2011, 22:38:22 »
...New unit introduced in TRO: Prototypes.

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: 16 July 2011, 23:02:47 »

Plain awesome book too, just wished they didn't recycle some of the XTRO stuff in it

Cowdragon

• Captain
  • PM me for Ft. Collins CO battletech games
« Reply #14 on: 24 July 2011, 00:37:34 »
What in the name of the Camerons is an Ultra Protomech?

Ditto

I gathered

talk about teasing. Wanna let us in on a few more details than that? People keep telling me I need to buy the new TRO and then give me no info as to why. Like this entire thread, lol.

On wings of steel, Come I, Pillars of flame
Mark me, Fury bright as suns, Foes fear
The star back road, I hunt, Blood geld payment
Shan't be, The ravens throne, Blod Orn
- vidar (thank you vidar!!!)
Pie or Spehs and Tanks also BA

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #15 on: 24 July 2011, 10:04:42 »
Ditto

I gathered

talk about teasing. Wanna let us in on a few more details than that? People keep telling me I need to buy the new TRO and then give me no info as to why. Like this entire thread, lol.

Ultra Protomech is a Proto heavier than 9 tons.

The one in the TRO is 14 tons to be exact.

Cowdragon

• Captain
« Reply #16 on: 24 July 2011, 10:16:46 »
Ultra Protomech is a Proto heavier than 9 tons.

The one in the TRO is 14 tons to be exact.
THANKS! :)

Looks like I got more snarky last night than I meant to be. I would like to blame it on the beer... but that's a poor excuse. So sorry for my attitude last night. Meant it to be funnier than it came off. Back to the thread.

14 ton Protomech? NICE! I suppose it's probably tougher than a 20 ton mech huh? LOL. Or hell, a 10 ton mech to say the least. I wonder, can mechs mount those really light protomech weapons? Would do 20 tonners a lot of good I would think. LRM 2's and little autocannon and stuff.
« Last Edit: 24 July 2011, 17:09:07 by Cowdragon »

Onisuzume

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: 24 July 2011, 12:07:17 »
'Mechs can mount ProtoMech autocannons...
And that'd be it, afaik.

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #18 on: 24 July 2011, 13:10:58 »
Looks like the future holds the following for us

1) Ultra Protomechs
2) Quad Protomechs
3) LAM's
4) Ultra-Light Mechs
5) Super-Heavy Mechs

Now if we could only get the construction rules for all of it.

Cowdragon

• Captain
« Reply #19 on: 24 July 2011, 13:14:50 »
Looks like the future holds the following for us

1) Ultra Protomechs
2) Quad Protomechs
3) LAM's
4) Ultra-Light Mechs
5) Super-Heavy Mechs

Now if we could only get the construction rules for all of it.

that would be pretty neat! I would think that mechs in the 20 ton bracket could gain some benefit from these smaller systems... hopefully incorporating ultra light technologies if needed.

Onisuzume

• Lieutenant
« Reply #20 on: 24 July 2011, 15:00:04 »
Unfortunately, ultra-lights follow all the same rules for normal BattleMechs, they're just 10 or 15 tons.

Cowdragon

• Captain
« Reply #21 on: 24 July 2011, 15:01:14 »
Unfortunately, ultra-lights follow all the same rules for normal BattleMechs, they're just 10 or 15 tons.

DOH! I was hoping since they got mentioned in the list above that they would get some attention. Lighter engines or jump jets or something.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #22 on: 24 July 2011, 16:08:49 »

So the old level 3 Max Tech rules

here's a stupid one Light Mechs

Ultra ProtoMechs, as mentioned above the Ultra weighs in at 14 tons, what's the point of a light Mech (or are they the IS equivalent)
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Onisuzume

• Lieutenant
« Reply #23 on: 25 July 2011, 11:53:19 »
TacOps, afaik. Page 378.

Register