Author Topic: Mercenaries Kickstarter Discussion 6: the 1st 3rd Star League conversation  (Read 76806 times)

Ghaz

• Lieutenant
Yeah, seems to be some more confusion. The KS Update refers to Battlemat though in the TuesdayNewsday they said Map Pack. Neither of which goes to Veteran backers and up free.

DW

She corrected herself in the livestream just prior to the Q&A

17thRecon

• Master Sergeant
I was getting up a good head of steam about the 4th Succession War ruining BattleTech if you want in on it.

Preach, brother! Preach! 😆 😆 😆

House Davie Merc

• Lieutenant
Wait-
We get a free Battlemat?

That's pretty cool!

I REALLY need to go back and read some this stuff.
Back when this all happened I was crazy busy.

Ghaz

• Lieutenant
Catalyst added the following to the comments for Update #85:

Small amendment to the update: "Because this affects all Veteran and above backers, QML needs to re-work the entire shipping upload, which will take some time." This is meant to be Battalion Tier.

Aresneo

• Master Sergeant
Wait-
We get a free Battlemat?

That's pretty cool!

I REALLY need to go back and read some this stuff.
Back when this all happened I was crazy busy.
In the Livestream Rem made it clear she was talking about Map Pack: Savannah, she was probably trying to get the Kickstarter update out as fast as possible and accidently put in Battlemat by mistake, and Kickstarter doesn't let creators modify updates so the typo stays.

Wasteland Warrior

• Corporal
Thanks CGL for the transparency and for getting this sorted as quickly as you did.

thedancingjoker

• Master Sergeant
150 is a MUCH more reasonable shipping total than 400 and I appreciate the relatively quick correction.  Unfortunate that it happened over a weekend where it couldn't get addressed imedeatly, but aside from that limitation this is quite speedy.  Minor bumps are to be expected in any sufficently complex endeavour and I'm glad that's what this turned into, a massive shipping charge at this point would have left a sour taste in my mouth and changed my likihood to engage with future Kickstarters.  But that is not the way it went, so I'm pretty happy.

klarg1

• Captain
I was getting up a good head of steam about the 4th Succession War ruining BattleTech if you want in on it.

Mechwarrior combat shorts:

Threat or Menace?

SpaceCowboy1701

• Master Sergeant
Are you looking at Clan Invasion on backer kit? The two campaigns are separate on Backerkit.

Okay ... semantics are a killer ... found it under "Surveys." Paid the $32 on the $166 order and hopefully all will end well ... thank you for the prompt ...

William J. Pennington

• Lieutenant
As problems go, considering the weekend, this was a fast response. Glad to see it. I will say I'm much more aware of the realities surrounding Kickstarter shipping costs and challenges now, and will prepare more cushion room in future budgeting. I'm very appreciative of Catalyst's efforts to expedite a response.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
As problems go, considering the weekend, this was a fast response. Glad to see it. I will say I'm much more aware of the realities surrounding Kickstarter shipping costs and challenges now, and will prepare more cushion room in future budgeting. I'm very appreciative of Catalyst's efforts to expedite a response.

When they said a total of 2.6 million dollars to ship the KS around everywhere I was blown away.
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
When they said a total of 2.6 million dollars to ship the KS around everywhere I was blown away.

That number does not surprise me even a little.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
So...what are we supposed to blow up and panic about now? Do we revert to the years-long delay in getting IlClan out? Or do we have to go all the way back to "WizKids put 'Mechs on click dials, BattleTech is doomed?"

Heh...Let's just say I am really glad here is so much less toxic than the festering corpse that once was Twitter...
But, how about: "Let's not get outraged. Let TPTB do their stuff...and, hey..what if I need to change my CC on record to have enough money on it when these get fixed? They aren't still starting charging on April 5, are they?"
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
If you can’t get the Hatamoto-chi, remember, you can achieve the same results by hollowing out a Charger and cramming two Panthers inside.  Add fancy hat to taste.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
If you can’t get the Hatamoto-chi, remember, you can achieve the same results by hollowing out a Charger and cramming two Panthers inside.  Add fancy hat to taste.

Or just use a Thug.
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
Well lets truly hope the shipping get sorted out and fixed for everyone. 25% to 30% of shipping charges are a little to high. Mine just came in at $150 lets hope mine is a part of the fix.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
I might willingly pay 30% shipping for a four foot Timber Wolf.

Dear Consumer,

While our legal department has advised us not to say too much, we felt that it was only decent to offer our sincere apologies for the mix-up during the preparation of your Kickstarter rewards. Our team are not gamers by nature, and while they understood 'Four Foot Timber Wolf' on the form, they are not familiar with Battletech.

We understand that 'Mr. Cuddles'- the name our warehouse team gave him during his brief (and harrowing) time here at the distribution center- has caused you considerable damage and fright, and we wish to offer you 10% off of a future order through us (restrictions apply, see follow-on e-mail for details) as a gesture of goodwill. We also are hopeful that your children will find therapy to be a rewarding experience, and that they bond with their new cat as easily as they did with the now-deceased Mittens.

With sincere apologies,

+Warehouse Team Supervisor+
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Normie

• Recruit
Really happy with the quick response from CGL. Haven't had a chance to watch the livestream yet, but it sounds like it has some useful information.

cmerwin

• Warrant Officer
  • Clan Nova Cat: True to General Kerensky's Vision!
Really happy with the quick response from CGL. Haven't had a chance to watch the livestream yet, but it sounds like it has some useful information.
Just watched REM's video from last night and am super pleased with how CGL is handling this.

Has anyone heard anything about when the shipments are expected to start. I saw a comment that said June, but, that seems unlikely at this point if it's going to take a while to sort all this out.
"But the nova cat paced steadily on,
Undisturbed by the petty battles...
its heart and mind devoted to
The Ways of Seeing, devoted to a more perfect life.”
-- The Remembrance (Nova Cat), 50.5.26-32.

Teejay75

• Private
I was blown away by the fact that they’re absorbing 1.2 million of that cost on themselves.

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
Has anyone heard anything about when the shipments are expected to start. I saw a comment that said June, but, that seems unlikely at this point if it's going to take a while to sort all this out.

The stuff is still on a boat for at least a month and a half yet. I'm sure it will be sorted out before the product makes landfall.
I have spoken.

mechasaurus

• Sergeant
The stuff is still on a boat for at least a month and a half yet. I'm sure it will be sorted out before the product makes landfall.

Anybody heard anything about the 40th anniversary editions?  They said March/April, and it looks like they may have trouble making March at this point.

MarauderCH IIC

• Warrant Officer
Anybody heard anything about the 40th anniversary editions?  They said March/April, and it looks like they may have trouble making March at this point.

Adepticon weekend it was roughly in the Panama canal. Maybe its in a port by now.

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
It's worth remembering that with one of the main Eastern Seaboard ports closed to maritime traffic for a good long while to come still, there's a ripple effect to be felt- even if the ship with the Battletech stock on it isn't bound for Baltimore itself (I wouldn't know), ships that WERE heading there are being rerouted to places like Philadelphia, Boston, Savannah, etc.- and that means delays. So if things slip by a bit, please do keep in mind that some things are simply outside Catalyst's control.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

cmerwin

• Warrant Officer
Adepticon weekend it was roughly in the Panama canal. Maybe its in a port by now.

Wow. That's great news. So maybe June is feasible assuming packing can still go one while the shipping costs are getting cleared up.

cmerwin

• Warrant Officer
It's worth remembering that with one of the main Eastern Seaboard ports closed to maritime traffic for a good long while to come still, there's a ripple effect to be felt- even if the ship with the Battletech stock on it isn't bound for Baltimore itself (I wouldn't know), ships that WERE heading there are being rerouted to places like Philadelphia, Boston, Savannah, etc.- and that means delays. So if things slip by a bit, please do keep in mind that some things are simply outside Catalyst's control.

After reading some of the whinier comments on the KS, I have no doubt that someone will try and say that CGL intentionally sent it to Baltimore. For my part, I'm grateful for everything CGL is doing and am understanding of the delays.

mechasaurus

• Sergeant

It's worth remembering that with one of the main Eastern Seaboard ports closed to maritime traffic for a good long while to come still, there's a ripple effect to be felt

That's more-or-less what I was looking for.  Has the stuff actually landed?  If not, there will likely be delays.  Also, there seems to be a lot of focus on this one ship/shipment.  Does that mean the 40th an. printing is a one and done?  Or are they going to keep doing reprints with the ilClan supplement?  How do I order mine now?  :grin:

General308

• Captain
I was blown away by the fact that they’re absorbing 1.2 million of that cost on themselves.

They are not absorbing anything.   That was always CGL cost and not ours.  CGL just miss read the spread sheet and told Backerkit to input the wrong line.  It is great they are fixing it but it isn't some sort of goodwill gester were they are eating unexpected cost to them.

There is some irony in a game full of charts and spread sheets that CGL misread the spread sheet. 
« Last Edit: 03 April 2024, 11:14:44 by General308 »

This Ends Tonight

• Recruit
Randall said the ship with the 40th stuff should arrive a week after Adepticon, it should have arrived to port several days ago. Probably won't be long now until that stuff makes it to stores.

From my understanding Baltimore isn't on the short list of the largest US ports, and has very little reason to be. Especially if we're talking about consumer goods like anything Catalyst makes. But QML is in Florida, so I would assume our Kickstarter stuff will be headed there if it's routed through the Panama Canal too.

Charistoph

• Major

Not quite.  It doesn't take that long to boat from China these days, even with the Canals and Baltimore Port being closed.  It usually takes about 28 days to reach London.

It was on the water during Adepticon, so it's already halfway to QML, at the latest.  Once it reaches QML and gets sorted, the only water shipping it might see is if there is a river or similar in the way or you live on an island or in Alaska.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

Register