Author Topic: Mercenaries Kickstarter Discussion 6: the 1st 3rd Star League conversation  (Read 80706 times)

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
Oh yeah, the shipping stuff is definitely not on CGL. And as far as I'm concerned, they promised to ship in June, so as long as they throw my box on a truck sometime in the next six weeks, I'll consider the promise fulfilled. And if it's later, well, I can wait on my toys.

I can - and have - criticized Catalyst before, but I think all of the screaming about shipping is a nothingburger spread by those who already have an axe to grind.

A kickstarter with miniatures reaching fulfillment/shipping anywhere less than 6 months late is really danged good. People complaining have never done Kickstarter before, obviously.
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
Especially when you factor in how many Kickstarters simply don't get fulfilled at all.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

thedancingjoker

• Master Sergeant
I don't anticipate a Lance Pack of LAMs ever happening (though, you're missing the Wobbie Pwwka).  You're talking about a dozen models in one box.  That's the same as the Mercenaries box or (almost) the Alpha Strike box.  That's going to be a big box.

One of the writers mentioned re-envisioning the LAMs less as transformers and more as permanent Air-mech mode machines, that really adds to the design space while simpultaniously being less alienating to those who don't feel transformers have the same vibe as Battletech.  So I could totally see in 5 years or so getting a lance pack of Airmech mode LAMs, just not the all-the-forms version.

Charistoph

• Major
One of the writers mentioned re-envisioning the LAMs less as transformers and more as permanent Air-mech mode machines, that really adds to the design space while simpultaniously being less alienating to those who don't feel transformers have the same vibe as Battletech.  So I could totally see in 5 years or so getting a lance pack of Airmech mode LAMs, just not the all-the-forms version.

That would solve a lot of problems in there, game-wise, while leaving some fluff holes.  As it is, 90% of wanting to use a LAM on the table is the AirMech mode.  Too bad the Shadow Hawk doesn't have that.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
As someone who is not a fan of LAMs, I would be 100% behind purpose built Air Mechs as a step up from partial wings and IJJ but that is another topic all together.

As for shipping: as someone who works logistics, I'm sick of people thinking yelling at random people somehow makes the package moves faster. Anybody remember the 30 minutes or less pizza deliveries? Remember that there was fatalities from breaking traffic laws to meet that delivery time? Some things are worth the wait.
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Pat Payne

• Lieutenant
  • 352nd Combat Group -- Ex cinis ad astra
Especially when you factor in how many Kickstarters simply don't get fulfilled at all.

THIS. I was part of the "Mamoreal Tomb" Kickstarter done by Ernie Gygax back around 2015. Fulfillment didn't happen till 2021, and that was only because Troll Lord Games stepped into the breach and got the project finished after personal health issues with Ernie caused the schedule to slip beyond his control.

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
MODERATOR NOTICE

For the record, when we tell people to drop the discussion, we mean drop the topic and move on.  Side comments perpetuate the problem, sometimes trying to get a last word in, other times creating a spectacle out of moderation decisions, which leads to us having to get heavy-handed to clean the mess up.  Things like locking the thread for moderator review.

Speaking of which, this thread is now locked for moderator review.

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
**Mod Notice**

The moderators appreciate the kind words, guys, but please keep things on-track. Discussing the products is fine. Pages of arguments about why you think a product is terrible based on your gut feeling, personal preference, and no meaningful data is not fine and doesn't serve any real function.
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
I'm just in that "bouncing on my seat waiting to hear that shipping notices have started going out" phase.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
  • I dunno, here's Cirno shrugging...
Quote from: shipping notification on backerkit
You're done! Your project creator locked your shipping address, so your rewards are being prepared for shipment. Check the project updates for the latest information.

Huzzah!!!   :cheesy:
So much hype!  So much hype!!!

Charistoph

• Major
I'm just in that "bouncing on my seat waiting to hear that shipping notices have started going out" phase.

You're lucky you just started.  I've been in that mode for the last 6 months.  I've got experience in locking it down, but the mood is still there.
« Last Edit: 22 May 2024, 15:19:17 by Charistoph »
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Teejay75

• Private
No notice yet. Drat it all!

During the campaign I backed as a battalion. After the second window opened, I changed my pledge to a regiment. Do you think that changes made during that second window would bump you back to the second wave? I can handle the wait but it would be nice to know to expect it in order to minimize any disappointment.

MarauderD

• Major

During the campaign I backed as a battalion. After the second window opened, I changed my pledge to a regiment. Do you think that changes made during that second window would bump you back to the second wave? I can handle the wait but it would be nice to know to expect it in order to minimize any disappointment.

Was there official talk about 'waves' made anywhere?  People are referring to waves but I hadn't heard anything about them.

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?

I really think there will be an official announcement before shipping starts.   :wink:
I have spoken.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
I really think there will be an official announcement before shipping starts.   :wink:

Yeah, I'm not expecting shipping to start yet, and it should be Big News when it does.

Aresneo

• Master Sergeant
Was there official talk about 'waves' made anywhere?  People are referring to waves but I hadn't heard anything about them.
It has only been mentioned on the Tuesday News Day streams, Wave 1 is all orders without issues, Wave 2 is the orders that had unresolved issues when Catalyst sent the list of pledges to QML. In general Wave 2 is going to be people who moved between countries or didn't pay for shipping before the list was sent to QML.

wundergoat

• Master Sergeant

Exactly which period did you change your pledge?  IIRC the additions that would  cause a pledge to push to wave 2 were ones that added stuff around when the last call for address changes and the initial shipping charges were posted a few weeks ago.  Basically the pledges that added stuff after product was on the boat.

My impression of ‘wave 2’ is that it will immediately follow wave 1, not be months behind like Clan Invasion.  It seems like the plan is to ship everything that isn’t generating an exception as ‘wave 1’ and then shipping stuff out that clears as ‘wave 2’ instead of holding everything back until more exceptions clear.

thedancingjoker

• Master Sergeant
That being said, the plan for Wave 2 was to start shipping the moment that wave 1 was done shipping.  So really less of a second wave and more of a 2nd half of the only wave.  I assume it was broken down this way to give them extra time to look at the orders that needed some attention while getting started on the shipping of orders that didn't need looking at, so I doubt wave 1 vs 2 will be a big deal.

Teejay75

• Private
Those responses make me feel a lot better. I don’t think there should be any unresolved issues with my order. I did a regiment and only added another mercenaries box and the strikers force pack. That was paid last year.

CJC070

• Lieutenant

You’re not the only one.  I keep checking backerkit everyday in the hopes that my “order has shipped”.  I don’t think I’ve bounced into a rubber room yet.  Fortunately I have my collection of singing potatoes to keep me entertained.

shivanwurm

• Lieutenant
“Your order has been locked down for processing”

Pistol Pete

• Private
  • I can't complain, but sometimes I still do
Anybody remember the 30 minutes or less pizza deliveries?

The 80s were awesome. Dominoes policy that it was under 30 minutes or it was FREE.

Pat Payne

• Lieutenant
  • 352nd Combat Group -- Ex cinis ad astra
Never mind, I see that SteelRaven had made the same point about the absolutey awesome vs. completely insane on the road "30 minutes or it's free" policies. It made the roads safer, but it also put The Noid out of a job.

I looked in Backerkit and my address is locked and so shipping is nigh. For, of course, varying values of "nigh".
« Last Edit: 23 May 2024, 02:55:01 by Pat Payne »

Aotrs Commander

• Warrant Officer
I'm hoping it is at least another week afore the UK shipping comes.

(You can guarantee it will either be a) next week while I'm away or b) the other end of the month or possibly bonus c) coming the next week I'm away. I know how the universe doesn't work.)

Charistoph

• Major
I'm hoping it is at least another week afore the UK shipping comes.

(You can guarantee it will either be a) next week while I'm away or b) the other end of the month or possibly bonus c) coming the next week I'm away. I know how the universe doesn't work.)

Depending on where QML ships it out from, it could ship out next week, and still not arrive at your location till the following week.  UK is smaller than some areas so it shouldn't take too long from an UK shipping point, so better hope for a Friday or Saturday shipping time.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
hopefully this coming weeks news day will cover some of the shipping timeline
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Teejay75

• Private
hopefully this coming weeks news day will cover some of the shipping timeline
Just heard Loren say on newsday Tuesday that they’re waiting for a couple of items to arrive by air shipping and they expect fulfillment to start in 7-10 days. Now that’s fulfillment. I don’t know if he means they’re going to start packing boxes or actually shipping out boxes. My guess is the former.

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
When they pack, they also send them out. They aren't letting those boxes linger around and waste space once they are packed.
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

Ghaz

• Lieutenant
No sense holding up packing the pledges that don't need the few items that they're waiting on.

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
No sense holding up packing the pledges that don't need the few items that they're waiting on.

Lot of sense to it. That way lies chaos. They start, when everything is there.
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost