Author Topic: Can't find the Battleforce/Total Warfare conversion rules  (Read 707 times)

Mostro Joe

• Warrant Officer
Can't find the Battleforce/Total Warfare conversion rules
« on: 25 February 2024, 05:31:27 »
I think perhaps it's just me, not read BT in a long time, but I can't find where are the rules to convert my Total warfare Lances in Battleforce Statistics.

I was thinking to try to play Battleforce, zooming in to play a Total Warfare game when needed, then zooming out again and revert to Battleforce.

But in the Battleforce book I find only Battleforce/Strategic Battleforce convertions.

Some of you gentlemen can point me in the right direction?  :cheesy:

AlphaMirage

• Major
Re: Can't find the Battleforce/Total Warfare conversion rules
« Reply #1 on: 25 February 2024, 08:09:19 »
They were in the old StratOps, don't know about where they might be in the new prints

Lanceman

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • Blake Be Praised
« Reply #2 on: 25 February 2024, 09:22:23 »
The Alpha Strike stats and the base BattleForce stats are the same, it's just that the individual units get grouped into lances/stars/level IIs, so you can just use what's on the Master Unit List. Customs are a little trickier, there's conversion rules between for Total Warfare -> Alpha Strike in the Alpha Strike Companion that didn't get reprinted in the Commander's Edition, but it's easier to use MegaMek or mordel.net.
"Pure truth cannot be assimilated by the crowd; it must be communicated by contagion" -  Henri-Frédéric Amiel

Mostro Joe

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 25 February 2024, 10:02:09 »
They were in the old StratOps, don't know about where they might be in the new prints

Oh no... Why?

Charistoph

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 25 February 2024, 10:17:50 »
The Battleforce rules are now in Interestellar Operations: Battleforce now, formerly before the Interstellar Operations book.  This includes Conversion Rules.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 25 February 2024, 10:23:54 »
BattleForce/Alpha Strike conversion rules are not in IO: Battleforce.  (It has rules for taking BF/AS stats to create SBF and higher levels, but not to converting to BF/AS in the first place).
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Mostro Joe

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #6 on: 25 February 2024, 12:37:40 »
May I ask why?

There Is a Plan for that?

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #7 on: 25 February 2024, 14:19:23 »
There is a plan, but it’s struggling to reach the top of the collective heap of the assorted plans for BattleTech.

Players have piles of shame of unpainted minis, CGL has a pile of shame consisting of all the great products ideas still waiting to be done.
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Mostro Joe

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #8 on: 25 February 2024, 15:03:30 »
There is a plan, but it’s struggling to reach the top of the collective heap of the assorted plans for BattleTech.

Players have piles of shame of unpainted minis

I am one of the them, I regret to confess.

The old rules are valid anyway?

The Plan Will be a downloadable PDF?

Weirdo

• Painter of Borth the Magic Puma
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
  • We can do it. We have to.
    • Christina Dickinson Writes
« Reply #9 on: 01 March 2024, 11:31:00 »
The current conversion rules are Use the stats on the MUL.

If the unit you wish to use does not have a card there, the current rules are in Alpha Strike: Companion, plus errata.
My wife writes books

Sixteen tons means sixteen suits. CT must be repaired.

"Damn you, Weirdo... Damn you for being right!" - Paul

Mostro Joe

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #10 on: 01 March 2024, 13:21:35 »
If the unit you wish to use does not have a card there, the current rules are in Alpha Strike: Companion, plus errata.

I have it and I'm using it yet. But the rules for calculating the points of each unit are obsolete there, if I'm not wrong.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #11 on: 01 March 2024, 14:00:56 »
I have it and I'm using it yet. But the rules for calculating the points of each unit are obsolete there, if I'm not wrong.

ASC and its errata are the current PV rules.

Mostro Joe

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #12 on: 01 March 2024, 14:53:50 »
Thanks!

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #13 on: 01 March 2024, 16:52:22 »
If you use megameklab, you can find alpha strike stats for a given unit in its preview tab in the AS card subtab.

I don't think there are any errors in how megameklab does the calculations?
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Charistoph

• Major
« Reply #14 on: 01 March 2024, 18:07:31 »
If you use megameklab, you can find alpha strike stats for a given unit in its preview tab in the AS card subtab.

I don't think there are any errors in how megameklab does the calculations?

The stats, aside from PV, seem to match Solaris SkunkWerks BattleForce calculator.  Not having the Compantion, though, I haven't been able to check.

As a note on MegaMek, it's only the last few Development versions which have the AS Card calculator.  It IS finicky as to which version of Java you have installed, so... 

I've used it for our local campaign when we do Alpha Strike scenarios as we have a a notable majority of Mechs customized for our preferred fighting styles.  It's been very nice to have.  And combining that with the Alpha Strike Card Generator, I can even put the pilot's name in as well as their SPAs on the card.
« Last Edit: 01 March 2024, 18:28:06 by Charistoph »
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

Register