Author Topic: Improved cockpit  (Read 272 times)

Izzy193

• Warrant Officer
Improved cockpit
« on: 20 June 2024, 02:55:05 »
I had this just come to me as of this post, a Improved cockpit with enhancments for improved piloting and gunnery for Bipeds and Quad mechs as well as areospace fighters.

Improved Cockpit:
Tonnage: 5
Crits: 6
Gameplay Rules:

-1 Bonus to the target number for Piloting skill rolls and to hit rolls.

ECM penalty is cancelled out by the to hit bonus when in a hostile ECM field.

Meta Clarification: the second part applies to all hostile ECM fields and the includes Guardian,Clan ECM and Angel ECM fields as of this post.

Lore: Work on the improved cockpit begun as early at 3035, Initially a NAIS development the Capellan Confederation would independently develop theier own prototypes of this improved cockpit. the clan invasion spurned both powers to develop the improved cockpit faster using the standard cockpit as a base and installing an additional one ton of targeting and tracking equipment. the result was a cockpit the gave more accurate weapons fire while not under a hostile ECM field. The Technlkogy would not become advanced tech until 3068 and would not become standard tech until 3099.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Improved cockpit
« Reply #1 on: 20 June 2024, 18:46:42 »
So... a Targeting Computer that's a flat two tons AND gives a piloting bonus?

Izzy193

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 20 June 2024, 20:46:05 »
So... a Targeting Computer that's a flat two tons AND gives a piloting bonus?

Prett much summs up this cockpit type well. as it's a standard cockpit with a intergrated targeting and piloting computer.

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 20 June 2024, 21:36:31 »
Okay, I see what you were trying for there, now, here's my counter argument:

"Improved" cockpit

6 tons
6 crits

reduces the impact of cockpit hits to the pilot by one, improves consciousness checks by two, improves shutdown/overheat checks by two, PSR by 1.

Reasoning:

Better ergonomics for the pilot, better insulated cockpit electronics, redundant life support systems, improved cockpit ventilation, better cockpit seating and straps, and overall safety improvements to keep the pilot in the fight longer.

Thus, NOT infringing on Targeting Computers or other systems.  The 'improvement' means you're more durable, less likely to be knocked out, with better protection against the 'transfer hits' caused when the head gets hit with a non-penetrating weapon.

That CAN be worth two and two on tons and crits, esp. on something heavier and more expensive.

"If you have to ask permission, then it's no longer a Right, it has been turned into a Privilege-something that can be and will be taken from you when convenient."