Author Topic: Alternate Timeline with Thanks (FULL)  (Read 327137 times)

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
Re: Alternate Timeline with Thanks (FULL)
« Reply #570 on: 26 November 2013, 13:46:33 »
The Yamato-class Battleship - pride of the Draconis Combine fleet

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,35184.0.html

Enjoy
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #571 on: 03 December 2013, 14:01:08 »
Into April

Free Trade Region, New Calcutta City
Bowang, Bowang Free Trade Sphere
Former-Free Worlds League
2nd April 3089

In a remote warehouse on the world of Bowang a man in a well cut business suit looked over at the person he was meeting.  He couldn't say if the person was male or female as they were entirely encased in a suit of Green Power Armour.  Power Armour wasn't that uncommon nowadays but this one famous throughout the Inner Sphere it belonged to the Bounty Hunter.  “The mission is simple we want Katrina Steiner dead”

“Katrina Ward” the Bounty Hunter corrected

“In the eyes of the people, I represent it's the same thing, she's a destabilizing force whatever her name.”

“A destabilizing force with a sizable amount of Clan technology and a WarShip.”  The Bounty Hunter pointed out

“A damaged WarShip” the suited figure said quietly as if it were nothing the Lola III under Katrina's control was still a potent threat.

“Still capable of flattening everything on the planet that Katrina is on, any planet!”  The Bounty Hunter snapped “WarShips damaged or not are nothing to ignore.”

“Are you saying you can't do it?”  The man asked the Bounty Hunter knew he was trying to get a reaction.

“I didn't say that.  It just means you will need to pay plenty.”  The Bounty Hunter replied

Trials of Position
New Barcella, Nova Cat's Den
Periphery
9th April 3089

After a long day of fighting only one Huntsman OmniMech remained standing following all the trials.  From the perimetre a single Dragon Cat OmniMech marched out to meet it.  This particular Dragon Cat belonged to Khan Canin Rosse leader of the Nova Cats.  “Michael Drummond” the Khan announced over an open communications channel “I am Khan Canin Rosse, I have witnessed your ability in battle and I am aware of your records within our Clan.”  He said “you are victorious today and you will be our Clan's new saKhan should you accept?”

“Khan Rosse, I accept this honour” Michael Drummond said “I will do all that I can to heal the pain that has been brought by our Clan's abjuration from the Clan Homeworlds council.”  He said on the same open channel recently Khan Canin Rosse had led the remnants of Clan Nova Cat's Homeworlds garrison back to the Nova Cat's Den.  The Nova Cat's Den learned of the Nova Cat's Abjuration, the destruction of Tau Galaxy and the death of saKhan Ajax Drummond as well as the destruction of the Vision Quest and the Blood Oath, two Aegis-class Heavy Cruisers.

All of the Nova Cats within the Nova Cat's Den had learned of the troubles that had infected the Clan Homeworlds and the victories the Society and their Burrock allies had won and the losses the other Clans were suffering.  Under Khan Rosse's order the Watch had begun screening the Nova Cat Enclaves for Society Cells that were within the Clan's Periphery population.  The Clan Flagship the Severn Lervoux had already been docked at the New Barcella Shipyards for the extensive damage it had taken retreating from the Homeworlds.

Draconis Combine Counter Attack
Alshian District, Rasalhague Dominion
16th April 3089

Unable to re-position in time to block the current Rasalhague Dominion drive towards Vega and Dieron DCMS units supported by several WarShips launched a counter offensive on the Rasalhague Dominion intended on catching the Ghost Bear's attention and distracting the invasion.  Several DCMS Regiments landed on the worlds of Tinaca, Marawi, Sheliak and Keasong, all in close proximity to the Rasalhague Dominion's capitol world Alshian.  With these worlds so far from the front lines the DCMS units found only Garrison Clusters and front-line units stripped of much of their equipment.  Fighting using Clan traditions of Zellbrigen the Combine regiments are able to secure Marawi, Sheliak and Keasong from the defenders in quick succession.  Due to their use of Zellbrigen the DCMS units won much respect from the Ghost Bears of the Rasalhague Dominion who saw the Draconis Combine troops as more honourable than the renegade Motstand forces of their own worlds.

At almost the same time as the Draconis Combine invasion of Tinaca the Watch were highly active on the world tracking down the last remnants of Motstand.  Ordered by Loremaster David Bekker to track down and eliminate Motstand by any means the Watch force had brought not only the Constable and Rogue Bear units from previous battles but also an entire Trinary of Ursus PR BattleMechs.  The Watch forces ignored news of the Draconis Combine invasion instead they continued to close on Motstand.  Giving the rebels one final chance to stand down and face the Rasalhague's legal system which the Motstand members refused instead declaring they had hostages and that the bears would have to fight through them to get to the Motstand members.  The rebels use of human shields infuriated the Ghost Bears, already with authorization to use any means to eliminate the rebels the Watch commanders ordered an all out frontal assault.

Nearly three hundred civilians and one hundred Motstand members were cut down as the Ghost Bears were indiscriminate with their fire cutting down all that did not wear a Ghost Bear uniform.  Although these actions sent ripples throughout the Rasalhague Dominion they also sent a clear message that the Rasalhague Dominion's government and their Ghost Bear military were in control of all their worlds.  Within the Motstand casualties was Cilla Amdahl the last surviving member of the Motstand leadership, for now at least the movement was dead and buried.  Turning their attention to the Draconis Combine's First Night Stalkers Regiment the Watch forces declared a second Trial of Possession against the DCMS unit.  With the regiment's best warriors still engaged in the first Trial of Possession the Watch forces fought the less experienced members of the Night Stalkers and won.  With the Night Stalkers victorious against the Garrison Cluster and the Watch unit were victorious in their own Trial.  The Night Stalkers commander Tai-sa William Corban chose to retreat from the world with the units honour intact instead of declaring a third trial.  The Watch's victory against Motstand and then against the DCMS impressed many within the Ghost Bears and the wider Rasalhague Dominion.

St Jamis-Liao Raid
Glasgow, Capella Commonality
Capellan Confederation
20th April 3089

In a completely unannounced raid a unit of Battle Armour on Glasgow in the Capella Commonality of the Capellan Confederation.  The local militia Battalion of BattleMechs and armoured vehicles are not match for the entire regiment of Battle Armour forces and they are completely destroyed near the MacClellan Farms on the outskirts of planetary capital.

Left to run amok for several days the unit burns and destroys large areas of the MacClellan Farms and collapses two of the underground tunnels that lead into the city.  Eye witnesses of the attacks report the Battle Armour were of designs not common in Capellan or Davion space, each is painted green and is marked with an elaborate gold “95th” emblem.  By the time the First Capellan Defence Force landed on the planet the mysterious 95th had disappeared from the planet.  Days after Cameron St Jamis-Liao takes credit for the 95th's attack naming him his “Rifles.”

Third Wave, Rasalhague Dominion Offensive
Vega Prefecture, District of Benjamin
Draconis Combine
22nd April 3089

Following the orders of the Khan Rasalhague Dominion forces launch an attack on the Draconis Combine worlds of Tsukude, Alnasi and Vega, capital of the Vega Prefecture.  both Tsukude and Alnasi fall without issue to the Rasalhague Dominion forces however Vega is another matter.  Defended by Three District of Benjamin Regulars Regiments, two Genyosha Regiments and three WarShips the world is a far tougher nut to crack than any other previously encountered by the Rasalhague Dominion.  Arriving personally aboard the WarShip Ursla Major, a Nightlord-class Battleship, Khan Ragnar Magnesson finds his troops ready for another long battle but he also sees that his people are tired of the conflict too.  As he is pondering how to resolve the situation and how to attack the world the Combine defenders are reinforced by the arrival of the WarShip DCS Battle of Luthien, a Kyushu-class Frigate, carrying elements of the Third Genyosha Regiment and Warlord of Pesht Minoru Kurita.

Instead of ordering an all out attack on the world of Vega Khan Ragnar Magnesson chooses to speak with Warlord Minoru Kurita.  Instead of ordering a full offensive on the world which would likely destroy both armies the two leaders come to a compromise.  Loremaster David Bekker and his Polar Bear Assault Galaxy will fight against Warlord Minoru Kurita's Third Genyosha Regiment supported by elements of the other units on the world.  Should the Rasalhague Dominion win they gain control of the entire Vega Prefecture and end hostilities.  Should the defenders prevail the Rasahague Dominion will retreat to the Buckminster Prefecture and end hostilities.  On Vega in a near six hour battle the Draconis Combine defenders are victorious over the Polar Bears and the Rasalhague Dominion retreats back to the newly captured worlds formerly known as the Draconis Combine's Buckminster Prefecture.

Loremaster David Bekker offers his Khan his resignation following the defeat on Vega however the Khan refuses instead he names David Bekker and the Polar Bear Assault Galaxy as the defenders of the newly occupied territories.  Khan Ragnar Magnesson goes on to say that further Polar Bear units will be raised in the future with David Bekkers unit training them.  In the Draconis Combine things are not as peaceful however as many within the Draconis Combine and within the ranks of the DCMS begin to look at the Warlord of Pesht, Minoru Kurita, as their leader instead of Vincent Kurita.  Many argue that the Ghost Bear attacks were pre-planned the units despite having no real leadership knew exactly where and how to hit, many within the Combine who have lost loved ones in the fighting or that are cut off from those now in occupied Clan space believe that Vincent Kurita and the ISF have failed them while Warlord Minoru Kurita made the best of a bad situation.  Publicly Minoru Kurita refuses to speak out against his nephew however at the same time he refuses to discount "obvious" planning and preparation that went into the attacks made by the Bears.  He also speaks out against the SLDF "did not lift a finger while the Clan menace preyed on his nation's borders, his nation supported the Star League because it was designed to unite the Inner Sphere's defences."  These thoughts strike cords within the Lyran Commonwealth who have also felt the destruction caused by the Clans when allowed to run wild, the SLDF refuses to comment outside Star League Council and Official Channels furthering the divide.
« Last Edit: 03 December 2013, 23:25:15 by Dragon Cat »
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

FedSunsBorn

• Captain
« Reply #572 on: 03 December 2013, 23:17:45 »
Wonder how the BH will take out Katrina... [brew]

Thanks for another good update.  O0
Made by HikageMaru

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #573 on: 04 December 2013, 02:33:17 »
Hopefully he will take her down in a most painful manner.
I wonder what involvement Minoru had with Motstand.
I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #574 on: 21 December 2013, 16:36:52 »
Finally reading all of threads, now I can post.  Smash up job, Dragon Cat.  You truly, put epic and sage back into Battletech fiction.  No limitations on Warships, still having balance of nations and factions rise and fall.   I wish canon BT could capture the energy and balance that you've managed to do with your rendition of the Battletech universe!  Bravo, sir.  [applause] [applause] [applause] [applause] [applause] [applause] [applause] [applause] [applause] [applause] [cheers]

P.S.
Is it me, when I read Polar Bear Assault , I keep getting name Polar Express into my head.   :D  Maybe that blitzkrieg style Cluster in there. ;)
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #575 on: 21 December 2013, 17:11:28 »
I'm going to answer without an update (sorry for hopes raised and dashed if there were any)

Have had a really busy RL recently although its been really really good it's slowed the writing to a crawl I'm hoping to finish the next monthly update before end 2013 work permitting

FedSunsBorn - creatively if successful

snakespinner - too much but also knows how to play public

Wrangler - really glad you liked it.  I try not to knock canon too much since its their universe and I've gotten so much joy and ideas from it but I'm really glad you enjoyed it hope you enjoy the future of it too

Ajax_Wolf

• Lieutenant
  • Krampus is the reason for the Christmas season.
« Reply #576 on: 21 December 2013, 20:35:08 »
I'm going to answer without an update (sorry for hopes raised and dashed if there were any)
yes there were  :'(
Have had a really busy RL recently although its been really really good it's slowed the writing to a crawl I'm hoping to finish the next monthly update before end 2013 work permitting
well, if you can't eat, you won't by able to write (sigh), guess we'll have to wait.
Why does everyone "Fire at Will"? Is he really that bad of a person? And what did he do to make everyone want to shoot him?

If a group of necrophiliacs met a group of zombies, who would do the chasing?

Bacon is Life! Even vegaterians eat bacon.

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #577 on: 22 December 2013, 00:13:06 »
An update as a Xmas present. ::) :D
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #578 on: 23 December 2013, 17:03:51 »
An update as a Xmas present. ::) :D

Why not...

Fourth New Avalon Guards RCT Base Camp
Hazelhurst, Draconis March
Federated Suns
9th May 3089

Following a series of raids against the Federated Suns worlds bordering the Raven Alliance Major Prince Burton Davion and a Reinforced Battalion of the Fourth New Avalon Guards RCT were deployed to Hazelhurst along with elements of the Wild Geese Mercenary Command under Colonel Sandy Reich to guard the Raven Alliance border.  Reading through the Intelligence reports Burton Davion wasn't completely convinced that these raids had come from the Raven Alliance but orders were orders and Hazelhurst wasn't the worse planet to be based on.  Sitting in his small but comfortable office there was a series of knocks at the door before it swung open he saw his aide Leftenant Ryan Campbell standing there looking flustered “problem Leftenant?”

“Sir, the Draconis March just reported in a Texas-class Battleship just jumped into the system beyond the planet's orbit.”  He stuttered out, naming the Davion III-class Destroyer that had been assigned to the unit, moments later the entire building rocked heavily as several aerospace fighters “buzzed” the base flying at high speed just above the ground.

“I guess the Snow Ravens are here for dinner” Burton said calmly as if nothing had happened “have the Chef present something nice.  Order Captain Smart to keep his guns off the Texas he won't be matching them for firepower any day this year.”  He said raising from his chair “see if the HPG Station can squeeze off a message to Robinson have them stress that we have NOT engaged the Snow Ravens no need to start a war unless we have to.”  He continued stepping around the desk “today Leftenant” he prodded the young officer who nodded and rushed out quickly.

Three hours later Burton Davion sat across the table from Khan Sterling McKenna each time he met her he was astounded at how beautiful she was.  “Khan McKenna, a welcome surprise to see you here on Hazelhurst” he began lightly cutting into some of the food the Chef had prepared it was some sort of local animal that came quite close to what Burton would describe as a cow and tasted very similar to steak.

“It is as always a pleasure to be in your company Prince Burton” she said omitting his surname he knew immediately she was annoyed with the Federated Suns why he'd have to find out or it would be a war.  “Tell me what brings you to this part of space?”  She asked cutting into her own food.

“Our worlds have suffered some increased raiding, we were asked to investigate.”

“The heir to the Federated Suns throne sent bandit hunting?  Did you annoy your father?”  She joked Burton politely laughed along with her for a moment then replied more seriously.

“My father takes peace enjoyed along our shared border very seriously which is why I have been sent Khan McKenna.”  Burton said respectfully

“My people do not honestly enjoy the peace they would prefer to test their strength in battle.”  She admitted immediately Burton expected a declaration of war or a Challenge for this world “fortunately between your Draconis Combine neighbours, the Nova Cats and the Sea Fox we find plenty ways for them to keep fighting without having to bother your people.”  She said putting Burton's fears at ease “we have however suffered similar raids to your people, raids that must stop or the people of the Federated Suns may find themselves painted as the aggressors.  A position I can guarantee Burton Davion you do not want to be in.”

“Khan McKenna” he said continuing to remain formal in his replies despite her use of his full name “I do not take threats well.  Nor does my father.”  He said cleanly, plainly, he knew the Clans preferred such ways “we do not want a war, we will not start a war, but we will meet one.”  He promised her “Sterling, we are not behind these raids.”

“Perhaps that is true Burton” she admitted “perhaps it is purely bandit dezgra.  The faster we find them the better.”  She said cutting into her food once more before reaching for her glass of wine “to our partnership of war?”  She asked raising her glass

“Our partnership” Burton agreed he knew that Sterling McKenna wasn't going to take no for an answer and having her forces assist his certainly couldn't hurt the hunt.

Oriente Offensive
Capellan Confederation
14th May 3089

In a test of the Capellan Confederation the Oriente Protectorate launches a series of raids against the Capellan Confederation focusing on former Duchy of Andruien worlds and independent worlds between the Oriente Protectorate and an expanding Capellan Confederation.  Over the course of three weeks the Oriente Protectorate's Oriente Fusilier and Oriente Hussar regiments taken in five independent worlds of the former-Free Worlds League and the Capellan held worlds of El Giza, Mosiro and Hudeiba in a clear message from Oriente to Sian for the Capellans to back off their adventures into the former-Free Worlds League.

On Hudeiba the fighting becomes particularly bloody as former members of Warrior House Doru employed as mercenaries by the Oriente Protectorate take revenge against the Capellan Militia and civilian areas.  The Oriente Hussar Regiment on the planet are barely able to keep the former Warrior House warriors from committing war crimes as the fighting turns ugly.

High Command Bunker
Skye, Isle of Skye
Lyran Commonwealth
21st May 3089

Duke Robert Ryan Kelswa-Steiner stood uncomfortably in front of the Tri-Vid screen feeling very uncomfortable.  On the screen was a furious Archon Peter Steiner-Davion.  “Duke Kelswa can you please explain to me why Lyran Commonwealth units are currently fighting on Dieron?  And Draconis Combine soldiers are on four Lyran worlds?”  He asked angrily the fighting had started nearly a week before when the Fourth Isle of Skye Guards RCT and the First Skye Jaegers RCT had launched a full assault on Dieron with the WarShips Barcelona and Katrina Steiner in support.  The Lyran troops had gained total surprise on the Combine troops but that had lasted only a few days before the Draconis Combine had counter attacked hitting Ko, Lyons, Mulphrid and Altair.

“The Draconis Combine has been launching raids against Isle of Skye worlds for the last three months as you should be aware from our intelligence reports.”  Robert began “we were simply making the Combine aware we would not take their attacks lightly.

“BY ATTACKING THEIR DISTRICT CAPITAL!!”  Peter screamed leaning into the Tri-Vid “do you have any idea what you have started Kelswa!  We could be looking at an all our WAR with the Draconis Combine.”

“We cannot allow them to continuously raid our worlds and not strike back Archon!”  Robert snapped back “you gave me stewardship over these worlds to protect them in your name do not tie my hands now.”  He said passionately.  He saw his Archon turn off the screen slightly before turning back.

“I can hardly countermand you now can I?  We would end up losing your entire assault force and probably all the worlds the Combine has landed on.”  He said “instead I'm giving you more options the LCS Yggdrasil will be traveling to Skye to shore up your defences there.”  The Archon said Robert also recognized it would be a hammer over his world keeping Skye in check.  “I'm also releasing the Fifth Lyran Guards RCT along with the Seventh and Eighth Lyran Regulars Regiments.  I want you to blunt the Draconis Combine attacks and recall as much as you can from Dieron as you can.”

“Thank you sire” Robert began

“Don't thank me Robert, from what I hear your intelligence is sound which is why I support you, you have endangered Lyran Worlds by your actions without my consult.  I will not forget that.”

Lyran Assaults
Draconis Combine/Lyran Commonwealth border
31st May 3089

With the release of additional troops from Tharkad the Isle of Skye seized on the opportunity.  As well as counter attacking on the worlds of Ko and Lyons the Isle of Skye launched invasions of Alphecca, Unukalhal and La Blon three worlds that had long been Lyran held but in recent years belonged to the Draconis Combine and were held like a knife to Skye's throat.  The Seventeenth Isle of Skye Guards RCT launched a full assault on the Combine supply world of Yorii.

These actions brought almost the entire Lyran Draconis Combine border to flames for the first time in decades raids had been exchanged but now it was verging on full war.  Across the Skye and Draconis Combine borders all the neighbouring realms looked at the troubles with keen eyes.  While First Lord Victor Steiner-Davion and Commanding-General Archer Christifori raised formal complaints with both realms over the size of the conflict and warn over the potential SLDF response.

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #579 on: 23 December 2013, 22:46:06 »
Who said the Xmas spirit is gone.
Oh yeah, I just drank it. O0
Growing up is optional.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #580 on: 26 December 2013, 07:38:55 »
Who said the Xmas spirit is gone.
Oh yeah, I just drank it. O0

Well the Christmas spirit may be gone but Boxing Day always brings treats

SLDF Peacekeeping action
Draconis Combine/Lyran Commonwealth border
8th June 3089

Without further warning or action SLDF forces are ordered into action to break up the fighting between the Draconis Combine and Isle of Skye.  Under orders to interfere in battles between the two sides and place themselves directly in the way of attacks Commanding-General Archer Christifori gives his SLDF troops full authorization to use their weapons outwith civilian areas.

On Dieron the 151st Light Horse Regiment of the Eridani Light Horse Brigade spring into action from Castle Winston (Fortress Dieron) stopping a Isle of Skye attack near Kyoto DropPort while at the same time confusing a Combine counter attack near San Martin.

Returning from the Clan border the Twenty-eighth Hussar Regiment, Bolton's Rangers, were directed to Yorii breaking up fighting there while the Twenty-first Rim Worlds Brigade launched from Caph to Altair in an effort to cut Lyran supplies to Dieron.  These moves by the SLDF are a clear move to break up the initial fighting between the Lyran Commonwealth and the Draconis Combine however it is also clear the SLDF wishes to remain on both worlds on a long basis.  Neither the Draconis Combine or Lyran Commonwealth are paying attention to the SLDF's long term goals however instead they are more interested in battling each other.  Although the SLDF do take damage during the fighting as the two Succession States are more interested in fighting themselves than the SLDF saving the Peacekeepers from the major fighting or being target of direct assaults.

Kindraa Faraday-Tanaga Territory
Atreus, Kerensky Cluster
Clan Homeworlds
14th June 3089

As the warm sun of Atreus bathed the world with a glorious summer Loremaster Cassandra Faraday, Kindraa Leader of Kindraa Faraday-Tanaga and a member of Clan Fire Mandrill, ignored the heat as she walked quickly alongside of Star Captain Lysa Djerassi as the former Goliath Scorpion warrior informed her of what had happened. She had long ago learned to always walk, never run, in front of her subordinates as it shows confidence to those around her as well as reduced any panic. Only when the young warrior finished did the forty-four year old Loremaster begin asking her questions.

“Let me get this straight, Star Captain Djerassi. Khan Garret Sainze and Kindraa Leader Ariel Kreese, of the Fire Mandrills, have both given the dezgra Burrocks their support? Quiaff?” Seeing the younger woman nod her head, Cassandra continued,

“And no word from saKhan Eric Carrol?”

“Neg. With no communication from Shadow, we simply have no clue what is happening, Kindraa Leader,” replied Star Captain Lysa Djerassi. Both women paused as they reached the command center. Showing their respective codex to the awaiting elemental, the young star captain continued, “The only good thing is Khan Garret Sainze issued the announcement through Fire Mandrill encryption.” As she spoke the last words, they were allowed into the command center.

Cassandra Faraday paused at the entrance while she took in the chaos that was once the kindraa command center. “Enough!” she bellowed. As the room calmed down, she continued, “I need updates people.” Seeing the separate personnel inside the command center start to yell out reports at the same time, she held up her hand. “One at a time. I understand this caught us by surprise, but we cannot, will not, panic over this. Quiaff?” Seeing everyone start nodding to her, she too nodded. “Tech Matthew, any update on contacting Shadow and the 12th Support Cluster?” she asked to the elderly Technician manning the HPG.

“Aff Kindraa Leader. I managed to contact Star Commander Anthony of the Hunter-class JumpShip Leaping Mandrill. He reports Kindraa Sainze has somehow taken control of the CFM Rage and the 12th is fighting a holding action so the last of the civilians can reach the DropShips.”

Nodding to this, Cassandra asked the question that concerned her most. “Any word IlKhan Andrews or the other Khans know of what is happening?” Technician Matthew could only shrug at her in response. ‘Lovely’, she thought, but she understood only too well the problem with contacting via HPG could be. For the last two years, HPG communication in Clan Space had seemingly been brought to a stop. Only those on warships and specific worlds seemed to still work and even then, sporadically. Shadow, until now, was one of those worlds where its HPG still functioned.

Star Admiral Theodore Albiev was next. It was clear he was still adjusting to his new rank. “I ordered the Titan Monitors to full status Kindraa Leader. I must warn you. We still do not know if the Monitors can hold off warships.” Cassandra nodded. The Titan Monitors, based on the Titan DropShips, were effectively assault DropShips designed to fight enemy warships and escort JumpShips and warships. Unfortunately, they have yet to be tested in combat. “I will be leaving shortly to take command of the CFM Warsaw Kindraa Leader.”

“Not the Resolute, Star Admiral?”

“Neg. The Resolute still needs another week minimum to be brought up to strength Kindraa Leader, Warsaw has proven her abilities,” answered the star admiral. The CFM Resolute was a newly reactivated New Syrtis-class carrier from mothball. While in decent enough shape, its weaponry needed to be updated and upgraded and the crew needed time to become used to their new ship. Still even given his reservations of the ship, Cassandra thought the Resolute could still be brought to bear if needed, she respected Theodore’s decision, for he was the ranking officer of all naval forces belonging to Kindraa Faraday-Tanaga.

Cassandra Faraday then looked to Star Colonel Jerald Danforth, the oldest Fire Mandrill warrior still in uniform within Kindraaa Faraday-Tanaga. Unfortunately, the two of them were political enemies in the kindraa, she had only barely defeated him the last time they had met in political opposition. Still, the aging warrior had his uses and commanded respect, as shown with his continual command of the Third Battle Cluster and the fact he was one of only two in the command center not to take part in the earlier chaos. “I ordered elements of the Fourteenth activated,” he spoke quietly. The Fourteenth, on paper, was a Regular unit, but in reality its subordinate units were not used to working together and could be trusted to arrive to battle but little else.

Seeing he was done, Cassandra looked to the Oathmaster of her Kindraa. Technically a Star Captain, Peter Tanaga held great authority within the kindraa due in part to his command of the sibling training companies. “I alerted the older sibbies they may see combat before they reach Warrior status. They seemed a bit frazzled and eager Kindraa Leader,” he gave a somewhat feral smile at this. Cassandra Faraday could only shake her head at the elder warrior. It was well known many newly-made warriors straight out of their sibko demanded Trials of Grievances against the MechWarrior. To this day, only a handful could say they defeated the wily warrior, herself included.

She looked at Kindraa Loremaster Jacob Faraday next. The large Elemental was a sibkin of hers and like her and Star Colonel Danforth, he commanded respect. Upon his assumption as Loremaster of their Kindraa a year ago, he helped her reform the touman to include Specialist Trinaries, borrowing the idea from Clan Goliath Scorpion. As Kindraa Loremaster, he commanded both the Kindraa Watch and the Reserve forces belonging to the Kindraa. Seeing him smile and wink at her, Cassandra could only shake her head and sighed, exacerbated. Not only were they sibkin, they were also occasional lovers. “I alerted all Reserve forces to be ready if needed in eight hours, Cassandra.” And only he could get away with speaking her name in a time like this. She made a note to herself to deny him the next time he wanted her. Being lovers had its advantages after all.

She was brought out of her thoughts by Technician Matthew. “Seven JumpShips have arrived and a WarShip have arrived Kindraa Leader.”

“A warship, quiaff?” she asked. All warships belonging to Kindraa Faraday-Tanaga were accounted for over Atreus.

“Aff. The CFM Rook reports it can no longer follow Kindraa Sainze and is requesting permission to join us, Kindraa Leader.” At this, everyone in the command bunker looked to her. She glanced to Star Admiral Theodore Albiev and raised an eyebrow to him.

Theodore Albiev answered for her. “Tell the Rook we acknowledge and to come along the Firetender. Tell its commander I will debrief him onboard the Warsaw in seven hours.”

Cassandra Faraday could only nod, proud at having seen the newly-minted Star Admiral took command as his duties demanded him to. “What of the 12th Support Cluster?” she queried.

A few minutes passed. Then Technician Matthew answered her. “The 12th fought to their DropShips Kindraa Leader. Star Colonel Megan Angharobis reports the loss of three fourths of her warriors, however.”

“Alright people. I want a full Kindraa Command meeting in 8 hours. Route any on radio or satellite who absolutely cannot be there.” Turning to Star Captain Lysa Djerassi, she whispered to her, “Wake me up in seven hours. Unless all hell is coming down on us, I am not to be disturbed.”

Seeing the young warrior nod to her, Kindraa Leader Cassandra Faraday turned and walked out of the command center, hoping for six and a half hours of rest.

Kindraa Leader Cassandra Faraday collapsed into the couch and sighed. The last thirteen hours took a toll on her forty-four year old body. Star Captain Margaret Jannik, acting commander of the CFM Rook, a newly-activated Sylvester-class troopship Kindraa Sainze had activated and then fled from the dezgra Kindraa, had reported to Star Admiral Theodore Albiev of Kindraa Sainze and Mick-Kreese-Kline fought without zellbrigen against the two clusters belonging to Kindraa Mattila-Carrol on Shadow. A Sainze Watch operative leaked nerve gas into the CFM Rage, the last Lola-III destroyer controlled by Clan Fire Mandrill as well, allowing the Sainze to take command of the Rage without a shot fired. That thought still fueled fire in her veins. What was worse was the arrival of a Kumagari-class pursuit cruiser over Shadow just as the last of Kindraa Faraday-Tanaga were about to jump to Atreus. The only things known about the pursuit cruiser was that Kindraa Sainze, nor Kindraa Mick-Kreese-Kline activated it, that it was named the Kerensky’s Truth, and it seemed to be in remarkable shape.

Fleeing Clan Sea Fox merchants had in turn informed Kindraa Faraday-Tanaga of Kindraa Mattila-Carrol’s destruction with nuclear weaponry. With this information in hand, she demanded a Grand Kurultai meeting. Now she waited while the necessary HPG stations connected with one another. She could only hope she could defend her Kindraa from calls of absorption or even annihilation in the Grand Kurultai. She thanked Kerensky her Kindraa had formed a backup plan in case of that after the laughable Ghost Bears Absorption. Her thoughts were again broken, this time by a communique from the command center.

“The necessary HPG grid for the Grand Kurultai has been established Kindraa Leader.”

“Aff,” she responded. Sighing, she dragged herself up, not looking forward to informing the Grand Kurultai of the dezgra Kindraa.

Grand Council Meeting
Strana Mechty, Kerensky Cluster
Clan Homeworlds
15th June 3089

Even attending the Grand Council via HPG link Cassandra Faraday could see the other Clans were tired of combat, she could also see all the empty seats from Clans that were vacant from this meeting, most notably Clans Wolf, Jade Falcon, Ghost Bear, Hell's Horse and Nova Cat all at one time or another had great influence in the Council Chambers.  She listened to ilKhan Brett Andrews speak he spoke quietly in his eyes Cassandra could see the pain that had been inflicted on him by the losses.  Each of the remaining Clans, Steel Viper, Star Adder, Cloud Cobra, Goliath Scorpion, Coyote and her own Fire Mandrill forces had taken great amounts of casualties fighting the reborn Burrock forces and their support.

"From what we can tell two months ago the Garrison of Huntress has completely retreated from the Clan Homeworlds without communication with our Clan surrendering control of the world to Burrock forces.  Despite an extensive search we have not been able to track their movements beyond the Kerensky Cluster.  They have been declared Dezgra by our Clan."  Colin Yeh said sitting down.

"Yet another world, my fellow Khans we must show our resolve against the weak and against our enemies and prevail against all threats."  ilKhan Brett Andrews said passionately turning towards the Fire Mandrill table "and the reason the Fire Mandrill Clan has not attended in person is what Loremaster Cassandra Faraday."

"ilKhan, it appears Kindraas Sainze and Mick-Kreese-Kline have both aligned their forces with Burrock forces."  Cassandra said quietly around her other members of the Kindraa did their best to remain quiet, allowing them to watch these proceedings were a violation of Clan law but Cassandra had a feeling things were about to go very badly.

"WHAT!!" Brett Andrews screamed "TWO THIRDS OF YOUR CLAN HAVE BETRAYED OUR CLANS!!"  He continued "this is a violation of everything the Founder stood for!"

"I could not agree more, ilKhan, I move for all Fire Mandrill forces beyond my own on Atreus are declared Dezgra..." Cassandra began before Brett Andrews broke in.

"Neg!"  He shouted silencing her "Cassandra Faraday your broken Clan has taken one final step I am the ilKhan using wartime powers I declare your ENTIRE Clan as Dezgra.  You can save your forces on Atreus from Annihilation by aligning them with Clan Steel Viper and submitting to my command, do you agree?"

"Neg!"  Cassandra said immediately "Kindraa Faraday-Tanaga have done nothing to wrong the Clans, we are loyal and have enough forces to constitute a Clan by ourselves."

"Your forces are as pitiful as the Blood Spirits once were, insignificant" the Star Adder Khan said dismissively.

"You will submit your forces..." Brett Andrew began before Cassandra cut the link bowing her head for several moments composing her own thoughts before turning to the other officers.

"Members of Faraday-Tanaga, you heard the ilKhan, what say you?"  She asked everyone stood or sat in stunned silence "WELL!"  She shouted making several jump in surprise as the Loremaster lost her temper rarely did Cassandra Faraday show her anger in public.

"Loremaster" Star Admiral Theodore Albiev said from his display screen, the Admiral was at this very moment on the bridge of the WarShip Warsaw "I speak for every member of Kindraa Faraday-Tanaga that we are with you and will not submit to Clan Steel Viper or any of the Serpent Clans ovKhan."  He said using the honourary rank to symbolize his words.  "What say you Kindraa Faraday-Tanaga!"  He called out

Almost in unison every member in the command room and via several communication circuits the members of Clan Fire Mandrill spoke, for the first time in years, as one each uttering a single word "Seyla!"  Cassandra Faraday stood in the command room looking around at each member of the Kindraa in turn none showed any doubt with their decision.

"Kindraa Faraday-Tanaga - you honour me" she said quietly her voice slowly gaining strength as she spoke once more "it is decided, we will initiate Operation Exodus Three" she said "take all you can carry to your designated Ships we are leaving the Homeworlds."

HPG Broadcast
Skye, Isle of Skye
Lyran Commonwealth
27th June 3089

Duke Robert Ryan Kelswa-Steiner stood again in front of the HPG Transmitter on the screen Archon Peter Steiner-Davion again filled half of the screen however on the other half Vincent Kurita, Coordinator of the Draconis Combine, fill the other.

“Then it is agreed” Vincent Kurita began “the Draconis Combine will retain control over Dieron as is our right.  We also claim continued control over La Blon and renewed stewardship over two worlds of Ko and Alkalurops.  We also will accept the presence of SLDF Peacekeepers on the world of Yorii.”

“It is so agreed Vincent Kurita-san” Peter Steiner-Davion said using the Japanese Honourific “we will aso welcome the worlds Unukalhal and Alphecca back into the Lyran fold.  And we welcome the SLDF Peacekeeprs to the world of Altair and congratulate the Draconis Combine on their decision to release Formalhault to the Star League Protectorate.”  He said with a small smirk the concessions the Combine had made had been in the Lyran's favour on this occasion.  Robert watched the screen and tried not to become angry.  The “concessions” made had been in both nations interest but Skye had lost the First Skye Jaegers in battle as well as the WarShip Katrina Steiner.  Robert Ryan Kelswa Steiner had already made plans for the First Skye Training Battalion to take control over the mantel of the First Skye Jaegers.  The recording ended and the image was replaced by that of Peter Steiner-Davion this time the Archon looked directly at Robert “Archon...” he began.

“Silence” Peter snapped “Robert you cost us any inroad we had at Dieron, the WarShip Katrina Steiner and the deaths of many Lyran citizens.  Deaths that did not have to happen.”

“We all die” Robert replied angrily.

“We do but not at your choosing.”  Peter said calmly “I understand your desires Robert, you may not think I understand Skye's desires but I do.  I also understand what is in the best interest to the people of the Lyran Commonwealth so I will issue this warning once.”  The Archon said formally “if you ever endanger the security of this realm again with independent action I will ensure that your family is removed from Skye and that they NEVER return to a position of power in the Lyran nation.”   Peter warned “tread very carefully Robert” the Archon finally said before the screen went blank Robert turned to his wife Duchess Hermonie Aten who did not look impressed with the Archon's words.

“More Star League troops on our worlds and the Archon thinks it is an acceptable compromise!”  She snapped “how exactly does that spawn of Davion consider this to be worthy of the people of Skye!”  She said her anger flaring Robert could not disagree with her but the Archon had far more power than Skye.  Even with the Gladius Shipyard progressing nicely Skye would have to bide her time once more.

Approaching Nadir Point, CFF Warsaw (Whirlwind-class Destroyer)
Atreus, Kerensky Cluster
Clan Homeworlds
28th June 3089

It had taken the remaining Fire Mandrills nearly a week to remove everything of worth from their command facilities on Atreus then several more days to travel to the Nadir point.  The newly added CFF Rook, the recently captured Jade Falcon vessel Ironhold Provider, a Carrack-class transport, and the CFF Firetender, the Fire Mandrill's last remaining Lola III-class Destroyer had already jumped into deep space to an uninhabited system maintaining radio silence.  Now the CFF Warsaw and CFF Resolute escorted nearly three dozen DropShips to the remaining Fire Mandrill JumpShips which Cassandra Faraday had ordered to jump as soon as their complement was aboard, so far her Kindraa had been too lucky.

"Radiation spike Star Admiral!"  one officer called out Theodore Albiev looked at his screen and watched as two Sovetskii Soyuz-class Heavy Cruisers and a Dart-class Light Cruiser jumped into the system.  "The Steel Vipers have arrived."  Albiev looked at Cassandra Faraday, who had remained in her seat, the Loremaster just nodded.

"Battlestations!"  He called our "All Titan Monitors and aerospace fighters form on the Warsaw.  Resolute, direct your fighters to join us.  You are to screen all JumpShips from fire, do not let them close on our civilians and ground forces understood?"  He ordered there was a series of acknowledgments "good, I want the King Viper's back broken" he said designating the recently arrived Sovetskii Soyuz as his target.  The Whirlwind-class Destroyer began to close on the three Viper WarShips taking multiple capital missile hits as the Steel Vipers tried to capitalize on their distance from the Fire Mandrills.  Unfortunately for them the Titan Monitors were covered in capital missile launchers and anti-missile systems and were doing a very good job at screening the charging Whirlwind.

"As soon as we are in range all guns are to engage the enemy, have all Monitors and fighters change from defensive screen to assault profiles once we are in range have them target all enemy vessels except for the King Viper it's mine."  He ordered such an order would make the Warsaw vulnerable to enemy fire but would hopefully bring enough fire on the Steel Vipers.

"Naval Laser bank three not responding" one of the crew called out as they closed into weapons range of the enemy releasing all the Whirlwind-class Destroyer's weapons on the single target at once Naval Autocannon, laser, gauss rifle and particle cannon fire rippled from the Warsaw's weapon banks all targeted on the the King Viper.  From along the Warsaw's flanks aerospace fighters and Titan Monitors volley fired their naval and conventional weapons at the other Star Adder vessels opening fire into the flanks of the Crazy Horse and the Viper's Legacy opening the sides of the two vessels as they tried to close on the Resolute.  Unfortunately the Steel Viper counter fire was equally devastating with the Titan Monitors and aerospace fighters now being targeted by everything the Viper's had left, the Warsaw now not protected by the fighters and DropShips was taking many more hits.  The fire from the Warsaw tore into the King Viper shredding the Sovetskii Soyuz's armour while weapon systems aboard the Warsaw were nearly continuously being called out as damaged in the command centre.  The two WarShips slid past each other in space exchanging broadside fire as they passed.

"Bring us around" Theodore Albiev called out as Loremaster Cassandra Faraday tried to apply a bandage to his head, she knew little about naval combat and was staying out of the command decisions instead she tried to help keep her Star Admiral standing after a console had exploded near him.  "Helm keep our damned broadside on that stavag!"  He called out as the Whirlwind began a sloppy turn, with Theodore's insistence the Warsaw turned more crisply.

"The last DropShip is away!"  Another crewman called out, there was a cheer from the Warsaw's bridge as they realized they had succeeded in their goal and the Kindraa would survive beyond the Homeworlds.

"Order Resolute to jump!"  Theodore Albiev called out looking at Cassandra Faraday who nodded she understood, the Warsaw could not survive against the three enemy WarShips that remained even though the King Viper was battered beyond recoignition.

"Sir, Resolute's commander respectfully declines, they have engaged the Vipers and say they will maintain position at the Nadir point until we are in position."

"That crazy bastard Malcolm Lynn is going to get his entire crew killed" Theodore Albiev said quietly

"Can we make it?"  Cassandra Faraday whispered not showing her doubt in front of the crew.

"Maybe" Theodore Albiev admitted raising his voice "Helm full burn towards the jump point, ignore all enemy targets all fire to defence. "Communications tell Resolute we are on our way they are to remain at the jump point, we will jump as soon as we can."  The Whirlwind-class Destroyer Warsaw seemed to become a sprinter at its last as everything was pushed to acceleration.  Ahead the nine hundred-and-twenty thousand ton Resolute marked the finish line as it held off two Steel Viper WarShips.  Coming up passed the two vessels the Warsaw exchanged fire with the two Star Adder WarShips taking multiple hits as it passed.

"Main engines are hit!"  One of the crew reported "main acceleration down by one third."

"We may as well be coasting" Theodore Albiev said slamming his fist against the panel as the Warsaw took several more hits as the destroyer moved into the Jump point "communications tell the Resolute well done" he said impressed with what the new crew and ship had done, their actions had saved what was left of the Warsaw and her crew.  "And order them to go now, we are the last ones out."  He ordered, moments later the New Syrtis-class Cruiser jumped clearing the system.  "Engineering prepare to get us out of here, Loremaster."

"Jump" Cassandra Faraday ordered it was her last order in the Clan Homeworlds but it was hers to give the battered Whirlwind barely resembled the ship it was at the begining of this fight but the Warsaw and her crew had done their duty and Kindraa Faraday-Tanaga would survive for another day.  With a flash of light the Warsaw disappeared from the Atreus system for the last time joining the rest of the Kindraa in deep space beyond the Kerensky Cluster.

Sea Fox Watch
Twycross, Sea Fox Occupation Zone
31st June 3089

The monitoring of deep space HPG transmissions was not the most glamorous within Clan Sea Fox's Watch.  Elsewhere members of the Watch gathered information on the other Clans and on the Inner Sphere states around them while others finished negotiations with the Federated Suns which would allow that nation to purchase Pelican Small Craft for their own uses.

On Twycross however the technicians of the Watch were tasked with watching for any words seeking out of the Clan Homeworlds.  As fragments from the Homeworlds slowly came in the techs looked over the information seeing that the fighting that had engulfed the Homeworlds still continued with a massive naval battle being noted within the Atreus system.  The Sea Fox Clan had lost many people in the place the Clans had originated unlike many of the other Clans they would not forget where they came from.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #581 on: 26 December 2013, 09:35:31 »
Nice update.  I like how Clans are spreading their wings out and possibly colonizing rest of space verse stay home and die from crazed Home Clans.  Makes universe more interesting, possibly evolving into something more.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #582 on: 26 December 2013, 18:23:43 »
How many times does Skye get slapped down and then comes back and does something equally stupid.
Things would be so boring without it. >:D :D
Growing up is optional.

James Tanaga

• Sergeant
« Reply #583 on: 26 December 2013, 21:49:53 »
Honestly surprised the Lyran Commonwealth never just allowed them independence myself. Skye always seems to be causing problems and being a huge thorn in the Lyran's side.

James Tanaga

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #584 on: 28 December 2013, 04:42:41 »

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #585 on: 02 January 2014, 03:35:31 »
Happy New Year!

Now it's July...  ;D

SFS Liberty (Britannic-class Heavy Cruiser)
Twycross, Sea Fox Territory
Clan Occupation Zones
8th July 3089

With little pomp or ceremony the newest operational Britannic-class Heavy Freighter the Sea Fox Ship Liberty completes her madden voyage.  Built at the Ionous Shipyards in the Free Worlds League under contract the ship arrives at the Clan Sea Fox held world of Twycross to begin its operational life.  Exactly what the Sea Fox Clan plans to use the craft for is a mystery as they already have massive transport capabilities with their impressive Naval fleet composed of largely Potemkin, Carrack and Volga-class Transports.

Caesar's Palace, Dining Room
Alphard, Marian Hegemony
18th July 3089

Katrina Ward, Caesar of the Marian Hegemony, sat quietly eating her meal on Alphard.  She was alone in the room her son Aleksandr was finishing off a training course before returning home.  Home she thought trying not to laugh her home one Alphard was comfortable far more comfortable than anything she had ever encountered on Tamar or on the pirate world of Rack but it was still a far cry from the luxuries of Tharkad or even New Avalon.

She didn't think of her past life often when she was the second born of Hanse Davion and Melissa Steiner second only to her pint sized brother Victor.  It had been Victor's fault from the start he didn't understand politics, he had miss-managed the Lyran people for too long she had to act she had to free them from his yoke.   Then when her younger sister Yvonne had begun to struggle, after being left to lead the Federated Suns as Victor fought the Clans, she had no choice but to try and help her... how should she had known that Yvonne had all the help she could ever need in the form of a Clanner of all things.  Katrina would have loved to have seen Victor's face when his little sister ran off with a clansmen then again Katrina had done as much when she met Vlad Ward.  She had never expected to have been returning to him as she had de-throned from Tharkad by her other brother Peter she had no choice but to return to Vlad, Victor had made certain of that placing her just within Vlad's grasp.

Events had spiraled from that moment she thought her luxurious life had ended and things had become tougher.  Vlad had been a great man with the ambition and the drive to take her to the highest points but he was still a Clanner with all that belief that Trueborns were the ultimate creation and relationships were only good for one thing... sex.  She almost thought it was funny that Vlad had died in one of those trials he so cherished not knowing that he had impregnated her, she often wondered how the former Khan would have thought had he known that he, a true believer in the superiority of Trueborns over Freeborns, had fathered a son.  And a fine boy he had turned out to be with her brains and Vlad's brawn her son would go very far given the chances he needed, chances that would likely be in short supply all the way out here in the Periphery.  If only he had been born earlier in her life maybe her son would have had some of the chances that she had when she was younger and made better choices, no not better choices, the right choices.

Her daydreams were interrupted by the approach of the head of her house servants Milesgregarius Victor Schmidt she'd almost laughed when she originally heard his name.  Finally a Victor who would know his place he stood at attention in front of her, clothed which made a change, as well as being in charge of the servants he also served some of her physical needs when Sonja Cage was not on the planet, and sometimes when she was, he was a fine man in many ways.  “What is it?”  She asked annoyed that he had interfered in her memories.

“Caesar, a message from the HPG station.  It was sent from New Avalon for your eyes only.”

“New Avalon are you certain?”  She asked she knew no-one on New Avalon except for her brother and he would not be trying to speak with her.

“The HPG technician was certain.”  He said and the HPG technician was a former Ice Hellion Trueborn warrior he would be certain she mused, certain that he hated his life on this godforsaken rock and that he wished he had chosen to die in space instead of joining her.

“Thank you” she said reaching out taking the data chip from the man “I will read it alone” she said dismissing him without another word.  As he walked off she pushed her plates to one side and pressed a button on the table.  Painfully slowly a monitor rose from the desk, even out here in the periphery they could have a couple of fancy gadgets.  She pushed the datachips into an opening on the desk and let the message play.

“Hello Katherine” the male voice said she knew the voice but couldn't immediately place it “if you listen to my voice you will know who it is” he said as if reading her mind.  “Katherine, I'm afraid the time has come for you to come to an end, your attack on Jessica Steiner was ill-conceived.”  He continued she knew of the attack on Jessica Steiner after it had happened.  It had not been her idea it had been her son's, he had said he wanted to impress his mother and show that she was not one to be forgotten.  She had given Aleksandr a lashing for the attack it wasn't needed, it brought far too much attention on them but as she thought it over the voice continued.  “So I have arranged for you to suffer such a fate that you left me to.”  He continued Katrina rewound the recording for a moment and listened to the voice again “...left me to” it was personal and it could be only one person.  “Now don't bother getting up or calling for your guards very likely by the time is stop speaking you'll be dead and so will everyone in the building.  Unlike you I don't plan on leaving anyone maimed or missing” he explained “you remember your little pirate raid on Florida?”  He asked the venom rising in his voice “you found lots of interesting things there didn't you?”  He said she remembered the raid before she reached the Marian Hegemony her and former members of Clans Wolf and Ice Hellion supported by many of the pirates who had joined her had raided Florida and seized several canisters of Serus Gas.  She hadn't found a use for them yet but they were always nice to have.  “Well I remembered it and I instructed my man to give you another one but this one is open.  Katherine, I am sorry it came to this, I am sorry I had to do this behind both your brothers backs but your life of trouble has finally come to an end.  Good night and sleep well.”  He finished speaking and the recording ended she motioned to play it again but it had already self-deleted itself she smirked at the thinking behind the man covering his tracks she needed to get out of this building raising from her chair she immediately felt a sharp pain in her chest.  She knew it was the Serus Gas and that she was dead between the moment she had breathed it in she knew she had four minutes to live.  It was odorless invisible to the eye she was as good as dead.

“Good night Galen” she replied to the voice she had recognized “I'm sorry” she whispered as she sunk to her knees and then fell forwards breathing her last breaths as she lay on her chest.  She hoped with her last breath that her son was not the one who found her like this and she hoped there was an afterlife so she could see Vlad Ward one last time.

From more than a kilometre away the Bounty Hunter stood silently no-one would know who he was so he stood with a shirt as he looked through the binoculars.  Officially he was looking at the local game but from here he could see straight into Katrina Ward's dinning room he wondered if anyone else had ever discovered this little place and what they had seen.  This had not been his preferred method of assassination but his employer had insisted and delivered the weapon for the job.  The Bounty Hunter had sneaked into the Caesar's Palace three days before past her Clan guards and left the canister in the basement then waited for the HPG message to arrive.  He'd watched as her poor servant delivered the message waited a moment then clicked a small detonation button on the side of the binoculars the rest was a waiting game.  He had watched her die to make sure the job was done and then gone back to watching the game, no fuss, no worry about a WarShip in orbit or the Clanner Clusters on the planet a simple well paid job it could be worse.

Independence
Lothian League, Periphery
22nd July 3089

Even as Aleksandr Ward gets over the death of his mother and takes the position of Caesar on Alphard he immediately has a problem as the Lothian League, sponsored by the the Duchy of Tamarind-Abby, declares its independence from the Marian realm.  Unable to counter the Duchy of Tamarind-Abby's firepower the Marians have no option but to accept the break away state.  Within the Lothian League multiple Tamarind-Abby units and Tamarind-Abby hired mercenaries help protect what is little more than a protectorate for the Duchy.

Joining Ceremony
Lesnovo, Rim Association
28th July 3089

For a nation that had expanded largely through military means it was nice for the people of the Rim Association to celebrate an expansion through the work of peace.  It was slightly ironic that on this day they were welcoming a world that was so divided within their numbers.  Today the Twin Sons system officially joined with that of the Rim Association however with a condition that the worlds current form of rulership with the North, South and Badlands all ruling themselves not change.

Initially the Rim Association had refused however a solution had been found.  The Twin Son ambassador to the Rim Association would be from the Badlands but would be supported by an aide from both the North and the South both of whom would be empowered to speak for their area of the Twin Sons.  The planet itself would cater to its own defence and own rule only consulting with the Rim Association during times of war.  The Twin Sons themselves had little to no interest in military conquest beyond their own world.

Near the back of the hall Michael Furey stood out of the way.  His Smoke Jaguars were part of none of this he had chosen to keep them separate from it and he had asked for their identity to remain a secret with the Twin Sons leaders had agreed to.  His people were still few in number and he had no intention on revealing the last of Clan Smoke Jaguar just yet.  Beside him stood Sandra Furey (formerly Sandra Rimmer) the former Nova Cat warrior and Rim Association Major glanced held her pregnant belly as she watched silently.  “A grand day” Michael Furey said to his recently married wife.  “A shame he misses it.”  He said quietly having a child the freeborn “natural” way was strange but had been quite fun many of the former Smoke Jaguars within his people had been shocked, they had barely gotten used to having Sandra around as a liaison only to find she was now one of them.

“It could be a she” Sandra said quietly “and I am sure he feels the grand occasion it is.”

“I hope that is not some of your Nova Cat superstition, Quineg?”  He joked quietly

“Well if it is he or she will be all the better for it.”  She teased “where do we go from here?”

“I think that now we are part of a grander nation we will spread our paws slightly.”  He said confidently it had been his Smoke Jaguars who had come up with the reinforcements necessary to allow DropShips to ascend and descend through the Twin Sons atmosphere without incident.  They were still working on VTOLs and Aerospace Fighters but so far to no success.  “First things first we will offer our services to making DropShips from the Association capable of landing on our world that will bring some good will.”  He suggested

“We are already gaining good will the North and South are already battling, around a table this time, for the right to supply the Rim Association with Ultra-light Mechs and their hand-held weapons to local militias and the Rim Association military.  Some of the Nova Cats that serve in the military have looked at the examples we took with us they see the similarities to Clan technology in its manufacture.”  She pointed out “how long will it be until another state finds out that they could produce Clan technology on our world without need of expensive space stations or refined techniques?”  She asked concerned.

“Not long” Michael Furey admitted “which is why I am going to also esquire about getting some Capital Grade weapons and parts for the Streaking Mist.”  He said in a hushed voice keeping the Streaking Mist a secret had been another condition of the Smoke Jaguars agreeing to what was going ahead.  “We have the Crawlers for planetary defence which are being restored but having that ship returned to glory is our next goal.”

“For our defence” Sandra prompted seeing the Smoke Jaguar desire in him.

“Of course, we are but one planet, one WarShip, one Clan.”  He said quietly “we know when it is to bide our time, we have done so far and we will continue to.”  He said as the audience began to applause with the signing of the agreement.  The Twin Sons were officially back on the maps and part of a grander nation again.

FedSunsBorn

• Captain
« Reply #586 on: 04 January 2014, 02:06:21 »
Interesting, I liked [applause] Galen being the one to order the hit on Katrina....bravo.
Made by HikageMaru

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #587 on: 15 January 2014, 16:16:39 »
Interesting, I liked [applause] Galen being the one to order the hit on Katrina....bravo.

Had to be really I didn't think the AU Victor had the drive to get rid of her nor Peter the back-bone (he's happy with status quo).  Galen had a big axe to grind and knew how dangerous she was first hand.

Capellan Offensive
Highspire, Sian Commonality
Capellan Confederation
3rd August 3089

After weeks of meticulous planning the Capellan Confederation launches a full offensive on Highspire and the forces loyal to Cameron St Jamis-Liao.  The WarShips CCSS Anhui, an Impavido-class Destroyer, and CCSS Tikonov, a Tikonov-class Carrier jump in at the Zenith point while the WarShips CCSS Sian, another Tikonov-class Carrier, and the CCSS Sun-Tzu Liao, a Feng Huang 2-class Cruiser/Carrier, jump in at the Nadir point followed by nearly a dozen JumpShips.

Almost immediately after the Anhui appears at the Zenith point the Destroyer explodes as the ship appears within a cluster of shattered asteroids.  The defenders of Highspire have learned lessons from the SLDF assaults on Terra during the Amaris Coup sending dozens of asteroids towards the jump points shattering them as they approached the jump points.  Fortunately for the Capellans only the Anhui is affected by these tactics.  The remaining WarShips and the Capellan DropShips immediately began heading into the system.

Five days later as the Capellans passed the first planet of the Highspire system six Mule-class Pocket WarShips supported by six squadrons of automated aerospace fighters.  Immediately the Mules started spitting out nuclear tipped capital missiles.  The Sun-Tzu Liao turned into the way of the incoming capital missiles taking out half of them with the ship's anti-missile systems while the ship itself took four direct hits from the missiles.  The Feng Huang 2 died in a nuclear fireball the ship's sacrifice had bought the Capellan ground forces time to scatter clearing the way for the Tikonov's and Sian's aerospace fighters to move in and eliminate the Pocket DropShips and their fighters.

Continuing in system for another six days the remaining two Capellan WarShips and the Capellan ground troops finally arrived at Highspire.  When ground based naval lasers and capital missiles struck out at two of the Red Lancers DropShips as they entered the planetary atmosphere.  Unwilling to risk further DropShips until the defences were broken the two Tikonov-class Carriers sent scores of aerospace fighters into the atmosphere on strike missions designed to weaken Highspire's defence.

Unfortunately for the people of Highspire after holding the siege for more a week there was still no end to the resistance, and with mounting aerospace losses, the WarShip commanders were authorized by Chancellor Dao-Shen Liao to use any means necessary to end Highspire's defiance of Sian.  Both WarShips armed their aerospace fighters with nuclear weapons while positioning their ships on either side of the planet.  Until the end of August 3089 the Capellans conducted an orbital bombardment of the planet below systematically targeting each of the planet's population centres.  During September the Capellans finally landed on the planet however they were not there to occupy the world instead the ground forces each wearing environmental protection gear conducted “scorched-earth” tactics destroying any building that could provide shelter, executing any survivors they found.  Despite all the Capellan efforts no sign of Cameron St Jamis-Liao was found on the planet.  By the end of 3089 the Capellan Confederation had officially abandoned the Highspire system.

Bandit Hunting
Federated Suns/Snow Raven Border
9th August 3089

After successfully eliminating two Bandit Leaders and capturing a third, with Snow Raven assistance, Prince Burton Davon is promoted to the rank of Leftenant-Colonel and transferred off bandit duties off operations to the First Davion Guards RCT for further training in understanding and operating an RCT by the AFFS High Command.  This transfer means he is once again separated from Sterling McKenna something that annoys Burton more than missing out on adventure on the borders.

Nova Cat Command Briefing
Phillip Drummond City, New Barcella
Nova Cat's Den
21st August 3089

On the Nova Cat Homeworld of New Barcella Canin Rosse sat around a small table with three of his Galaxy Commanders, Star Admiral Anders McKenna, Oathmaster Zane Carns and new saKhan Ajax Drummond.  “As of this morning Star Colonel Isaiah Khatib attempted to bring the Goliath Scorpions on New Port Royal under the command and jurisdiction of our Clan in a Trial of Absorption.”  Ajax Drummond said briefing them on the days events.  “Unfortunately the Forty-Fourth Nova Cat Cavaliers were unsuccessful in their attempt losing their entire trial force including Star Colonel Khatib.”

“A damned shame” Tyrina Drummond the Galaxy Commander of Xi Galaxy and Khatib's commander “he was a good Cluster Commander even for a Cloud Cobra.”

“Do we know what sparked the Trial?”  Canin Rosse asked

“Aff, the arrival of two more JumpShips carrying further Goliath Scorpions including we believe civilians.”  Anders McKenna said “the Star Colonel believed, correctly I think, that the Goliath Scorpion presence on New Port Royal was beginning to threaten Nova Cat interests there.  On the world now there are almost as many Goliath Scorpions as there are Nova Cats.”

“Is our contingency in place?”  Canin Rosse asked both Anders McKenna and saKhan Ajax Drummond nodded “good then we allow the presence of the Goliath Scorpions for now.  I want us to continue to check and recheck our plans regarding the Goliath Scorpions and the Atropos.  If any additional Goliath Scorpions arrive we may need to activate the contingency sooner before it gets out of control.”

“That ship will take a lot of killing.”  Ajax said “even with our plans in place we have nothing that can match a Nightlord for firepower.”

“It is a prize” Anders McKenna said quietly “in her damaged state and without support she is vulnerable we can hit her from multiple angles and overwhelm her.  The ground troops are actually more vulnerable as well.”  The Star Admiral suggested “I am not an expert on ground combat but having to defend the additional civilians will cause them more issues the longer it goes on.  Even having to trial against us for food and shelter is weakening them.”

“Aff, the Star Admiral is right.”  Canin Rosse said “we will continue to push them perhaps they  eventually turn to us...” he suggested smiling slightly seeing the looks he was receiving from the other Nova Cats.  “And if they do not then we will be ready for them will all the firepower we will require.  Ensure all our people understand that our ultimate goal is the protection of the Nova Cat's Den whatever the cost.”  He said each of the Nova Cats around the table nodded their agreement.  Canin wondered if they really understood he'd seen the fighting in the Clan Homeworlds none seemed to understand how broken they had become how desperate.  If the Goliath Scorpions here had survived that then they could be more deadly than any Clan warriors the Nova Cats had ever fought before.

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #588 on: 16 January 2014, 00:03:12 »
The Capellans don't call that scorched earth, they call it Terraforming. ::) >:D
Growing up is optional.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #589 on: 27 January 2014, 17:30:42 »
Unclaimed system
Nueva Castile, Deep Periphery
12th September 3089

Star Admiral Theodore Albiev rested comfortably in his seat on the bridge of the CFM Resolute deep in thought. For the past three months, Kindraa Faraday-Tanaga had been shadowed by a fleet of unknown strength since their exodus from Clan Space. Only luck and the suspicions of Cassandra Faraday allowed them to identify a Bug-Eye-class surveillance craft tailing the fleet.  The only thing they knew for certain was the ship not controlled by them, nor was it controlled by Clan Sea Fox, for their small trading compound on Atreus had evacuated with the fleet and therefore did not need to tail the retreating Kindraa. Therefore, an unknown faction was monitoring their movements. It was likely one of the Serpent Clans from the Homeworlds hoping to catch the Fire Mandrills during a recharge cycle or force one of the ships to  breakdown.

Their luck had held out long enough for his Kindraa to reach their new home located on a small, barely habitable moon orbiting a gas giant in a system rich in resources.  Technically the system laid within the borders of the Nueva Castile but the locals hadn't exploited this system either because it was beyond their ability or be their interest.  While the system was not populated, its proximity to the Hanseatic League and its abundant resources made it the ideal world to restart the clan while keeping a small profile. For the past four days, Kindraa Faraday-Tanaga had begun building a settlement on the moon, even while building what would likely be much-needed defensive positions. His clan will make a valiant defense of its new home.

He was suddenly brought out from his thoughts. “Radiation Spike! Fourteen vessels!” reported a tech on the bridge. As he and Star Commodore Malcolm, the Resolute’s commander, glanced at each other, the technician continued his report. “Three warships confirmed! Repeat! Three confirmed!” At this, he paused, gathering his wits, it seemed. “Fleet is mostly from Clan Fire Mandrill,” he spoke at last.

“Quiaff?” Theodore asked. Seeing the technician nod his head, he turned to the Scientist manning the communications. “Get me the Kindraa Leader now!”

Not half a minute later, the older Scientist replied, “The Kerensky’s Truth is hailing all frequencies Star Admiral.” Without being told, the Scientist transferred the hail to his screen.

“-s Khan Garret Sainze of the only true Fire Mandrills. I lead the entirety of Sainze forces against you, Cassandra. The blood feud between us and our two kindraa ends today with your death and the death of your dezgra kindraa! This I promise to my dying breath! With what forces will you pitifully die with, stravag? Or are you coward enough to flee like freebirth children in the faces of true warriors? Of true clansmen?”

All across the bridge, no one spoke. No one needed to. For everyone shook with unrivaled passion and fury at their Kindraa’s historical and most hated rival within their shared clan. Minutes passed by until another image popped up in his personal monitor. This one, however, was one he was proud to die for. Cassandraa Faraday spoke quietly, determinedly. “We are not cowards. We do not run.  Come to these coordinates, if you so wish your death.  You will find neither stravags, nor dezgra among us. Though I know you cannot say the same, Sainze barbarian. Seyla.”

For two days, the Faraday-Tanaga forces awaited the dezgra Sainze forces. And during them, Theodore Albiev and his brethren planned and completed preparations for the defense of their kindraa and its new home.   “Ten minutes to combat. Repeat, ten minutes to combat,” sounded on the intercom throughout the CFM Resolute. In CIC, Theodore Albiev waited patiently. He could see the crew members around him diligently going along with their duties. He was impressed. Despite having only been together for three months, many of the crew was handpicked by both he and Star Commodore Malcolm Lynn, they had melded together well. While Theodore would command the space battle down here, Malcolm would command the ship in the battle.

He was interrupted in his thoughts when Cassandra Faraday’s voice came on in the intercom. “Members of Kindraa Faraday-Tanaga. Hear me. The destiny of our Clan is in our hands. In your hands. Work together. Fight hard. And we will emerge victorious. Seyla.” Theodore smiled as he heard the numerous crew members in the room and down the hall shout out seyla. Only Cassandra Faraday could give a speech that short and get the best out of people.

He spoke loudly. “You all heard her. Seyla.”  Throughout the ship the word echoed as it was repeated by every member of the crew.

Kindraa Leader Cassandra Faraday sat in the cockpit of her Summoner, waiting for the Sainze to come to her. There, her mind had wandered a bit. She, a clanswoman at forty-four years of age, many considered a legend. Her talent for identifying the possible actions, consequences, and outcomes, both inside and outside Clan Fire Mandrill, had secured her lineage. But even she could not have foreseen Kindraa Sainze being the ones chasing them. One of the Serpent Clans surely would have come?  Clan Coyote just did not have enough warships and JumpShips to target her kindraa, nor did she believe they had the drive or the wish for her destruction.  The dezgra Burrocks were too focused in Clan Space to likely chase after them too focused on their own quest for destruction and death.  But not Kindraa Sainze, she could not think of any reason why the Sainze would chase her Kindraa down to Clan society her forces should no longer matter they should be abjured, she couldn't argue against that, but Sainze's actions amounted to a Trial of Annihilation it was far beyond a blood feud. 

As her thoughts drifted through what had happened, what was happened and what was going to happen she realized it didn't matter she had failed, her people were at risk and it was due to her actions, now she had to work out what to do next and find a true safe haven for her Clan.  She knew that this new home despite its resources was no longer the place her people needed.  She knew that she had a decent enough chance of a victory today despite being outnumbered nearly two to one in Mechs.   Kindraa Sainze was at this very moment being harried by Kindraa Faraday-Tanaga’s abundant air support, each minute each second cost the Sainze forces a little bit more.  The dezgra Sainze leaped at the chance to fight and had mistakenly went after Star Colonel Megan Angharobis and the remnants of her 12th Support Cluster into the plateau below her and the majority of her Kindraa. The plateau, surrounded by large hills, was crucial in her efforts to defeat the dezgra Sainze.

Clicking her radio, she spoke, “The Sainze are here, everyone keep with the plan, and we will be victorious today.  If I should fall, Star Colonel Jerold Danforth will take command. Quiaff?” As her fellow warriors confirmed this, Cassandra could only grimace in distaste. Though she was grooming Star Admiral Theodore Albiev to one day be her successor as Kindraa Leader, she had easily recognized the Star Admiral just did not have enough ground combat experience to carry today, something she would have to rectify after the coming battle.  She easily recognized Star Colonel Aemelia of the 14th Support Cluster and Star Captain Lysa Djerassi could both easily assume command of the battle if she passed. Unfortunately Aemelia, a former Smoke Jaguar warrior, had long ago refused to become a bloodnamed warrior after the death of her former Clan and she still had not fully converted to being a Fire Mandrill even after twenty-six years of being a member of the Kindraa.  Star Captain Lysa Djerassi had the skill, but not the rank to be the second in command, today needed more than the skills. She commanded the Specialist Trinaries in the battle as an ad-hoc cluster, however and would likely need to pass a Trial of Position to the rank of Star Colonel after today.

That left only Kindraa Loremaster Jacob Faraday and Star Colonel Jerold Danforth with the skill and rank to assume command. Of the two, she easily preferred Jacob Faraday over Jerold Danforth. Unfortunately, with the survival of Kindraa Faraday-Tanaga at stake, she needed Jerold’s forty years of experience in the battle to carry the day.  He was primary political enemy within Kindraa Faraday-Tanaga since her ascension to being Kindraa Leader twenty-two years ago meant this was particularly insulting to her. He, like Aemelia, just refused to die.

She was brought out of her thoughts by her screen coming to life with the face of said Star Colonel. “Star Colonel Jerold Danforth, I was just thinking about you,” she spoke diplomatically. His answer with his patented cold stare unnerved her, so she continued, “Are the 1st and 3rd Battle Clusters ready Star Colonel?” Her question was answered with a simple nod. After a few moments he cut the transmission on his side. Always an odd one, she thought. No sooner than the thought entered her mind did she see the Sainze had started to charge across the plateau.

“All artillery guns! Fire!” was her command. She didn’t need to give coordinates, having given that duty to Star Colonel Aemelia. As the 12th Support Cluster finally reached what everyone had come to call the Wall, she could see in her scopes the artillery started to have an effect. Aemelia, for all of her keeping to the Smoke Jaguar ways, was an excellent artillery commander, the concentrated artillery strikes were focused on the flanks of their enemy forcing the Sainze mechs closer to one another.  The tactic was honourless, there was nothing any of her Warriors would happily take from today, but then Sainze's actions had already ruled out an honourable fight.

As the Sainze warriors reached a kilometer from the Wall, Cassandra could see the artillery suddenly shift away from the Sainze flanks, blasting into the front of the now tightly packed column. Still the Sainze poured into range. Cassandra did not need to give the order to fire each of her people knew what was at stake. All across the wall, missiles, gauss shells, lasers, and PPC’s were fired into the oncoming Sainze formation, and were quickly answered in kind. The Wall, mostly a huge dirt hill with bunkers and foxholes buried into it, soaked much of the fire as mechs crouched down or moved into a bunker preventing some of the damage but Cassandra could see her people were taking losses a light Adder OmniMech take an autocannon blast to the chest and fall to the ground.  Cassandra had no chance to see if the pilot was able to bring the Mech back to its feet as her own Summoner was under as much fire.

The battle continued and was unlike any Clan Trial Cassandra had every experienced continuous fighting retreats and charges as each side assaulted the other in a brutal fashion the Khan had been right in his description this was a blood-feud no quarter asked none given.  The forward Sainze elements were almost upon the Wall causing her forward line to bend and buckle.  Cassandra could see the Sainze Elementals start jumping off the first mechs as their forward forces valiantly tried to make a beachhead through her lines.  Even as she avoided weapons fire from several directions Cassandra was aware enough to tell the artillery had stopped, signaling to the Faraday-Tanaga forces and her of the vast majority of Sainze forces being within 800 meters of the Wall everything now would be up to the individual warriors, their skills and their luck. This was confirmed shortly afterward when Star Captain Lysa Djerassi radioed her to inform her of the Specialist Trinaries were being deployed to surround the mass of Sainze warriors.  Everywhere one looked there were Mechs, vehicles and Elementals firing pouring over the defensive Wall.

Cassandra quickly took stock of the fighting and radioed all her forces. “Phase three now!” She barked into the transmitter pace three was the order for Star Colonel Jerold Danforth and his two clusters to scurry from their hiding places on the other side of the hills surrounding the plateau and pin the Sainze forces between her forces and his as fast as they can.  Unfortunately, it meant that for roughly five to seven minutes, her forces would still be fighting at least a two to one handicap. All around the edges of the plateau, artillery smoke rounds started landing, covering the movements of the First and Third Battle Clusters if the Sainze forces realized what was happening they could try to fall back and slip out of the trap her people were setting.

As she and her forces awaited their arrival, she could see the line thinning in the middle to left side of the Wall. Knowing behind the Wall laid the Fortress-class DropShips providing artillery fire and then the Faraday-Tanaga settlement where their civilians resided, Seeing the gap Kindraa Leader Cassandra Faraday quickly led her command supernova into the gap.  Firing her Extended Range Large and Medium lasers in an alpha strike, she destroyed a badly damaged medium Huntsman.  She saw a barrage of missiles being destroyed by her two anti-missile systems. As she waited to fire her medium lasers, she saw a Warhawk looming towards her, firing three PPC’s at her. Using her jump jets, she avoided two of the PPC’s, but the third slammed into the lower half of her Mech's leg damaging the ankle actuator.  Landing behind the 85-ton mech, she again fired at the Mech using everything she had the heat within her OmniMech's cockpit shot up as her heat sinks were overwhelmed.  As the Warhawk turned to face her, she saw three of her star mates turn and fire lasers, autocannons and missiles at the assault mech. Suddenly she felt the back of her mech get hit. Looking at the screen and the warning sings blaring out, she saw a 60-ton Predator BattleMech behind her. Lovely, she thought, for the second-line BattleMech was very deadly in close quarters, with its two Heavy LB-X Autocannons. As the mech fired its two medium lasers at hers, she again used her jump jets shooting up heat in her cockpit again. This time she landed on top of the Mech and then on her Mech’s feet she felt the Summoner's actuator buckle under the landing forcing her seventy ton Mech into a stumble.

As she tried vainly to control her Summoner she fought to turn back to face the Predator, right then her mech was slammed in the torso by PPC fire from the Warhawk, knocking her and her OmniMech to the ground.  As she fought to bring her Mech back up she missed the Warhawk's death as her star mates concentrated on the OmniMech's destruction.  As she tried to get her mech back up, the Sainze Predator fired its twin autocannons at her Summoner, causing her to hit her head on the screen hard, knocking her out.

As she came to, Cassandra saw a blurry head in her view. Forcing her body up, she was held down as she heard a voice talk to her. “Easy Kindraa Leader. You have a severe concussion and stitches in your head, neck and chest.  You're probably going to have a couple of new scars.”

“What happened?” she asked, collapsing back into the bed her head thumped continuously.

A different voice answered her this time. “You were knocked out securing a hole in the Wall just as my cluster and the 1st met the Sainze. We followed the plan and defeated our Kindraa lives,” answered Star Colonel Jerold Danforth. “I personally fought and defeated Garret Sainze.”  He said proudly Cassandra knew he would be using this victory today, his victory, for years to come against her.

Grimacing at him, she asked, “what of our losses?”

“Our second-line forces are down to barely cluster-strength. They and the remnants of the Sixteenth Assault are currently operating under Star Colonel Aemelia’s command. My cluster is at eighty percent while the First is at about seventy. We lost Star Colonels Megan Angharobis and Christopher Tanaga."  He said further blows to their people.  "Star Colonel Stephanie Bush of the First is in surgery as we speak, but is likely to survive. Star Captain Lysa Djerassi is crippled and has asked for permission to commit seppuku.”  Cassandra winced at the thought of a warrior wishing to commit suicide and at the losses her people had taken.

Alarmed from not hearing anything about her lover, she asked, “What of Loremaster Jacob Faraday?”

At this, the usually solemn star colonel answered with a feral smile, “He is currently entertaining Garret Sainze.”

“Entertaining? Wait, I thought you defeated and killed him? Quiaff?” she asked.

“Neg, I said I defeated him. We need answers why the dezgra Sainze came here. So I ensured his capture. Cost us six warriors, but I believe their loss will be worth it.” Seeing Cassandra pale, he reached down and handed her the trash can. After she threw up, he spoke. “Get some rest, Cassandra, I will ensure things continue until you are ready. Our battles with one another can wait until our Kindraa is safe.”  Cassandra Faraday nodded to him as he left.

“How well is this information?” Cassandra asked Jacob Faraday. Around her bed, the leadership of Kindraa Faraday-Tanaga either sat or stood, aside from Stephanie Bush and Lysa Djerassi, the former just out of surgery and resting; the latter crippled and paralyzed from the waist down.  Cassandra had refused Lysa the right to commit suicide her time would come but not today.

“Very. Directly from former Khan Garret Sainze himself,” he answered.

As she took this in she looked at Aemelia and Jerold Danforth. Both were close to the door likely not wanting to be in her presence today was not a good one this news combined with the news being presented to her made her people's position her even more tenuous. Star Colonel Jerold Danforth answered then “Kindraa Mick-Kreese-Kline and Sainze together joined this Society in return for Clan Fire Mandrill being rewarded a leadership position when they would take over Clan Space. When we up and left, the Society apparently demanded Garret Sainze personally go after us to ensure we do not escape for some reason. Even after our victory here, we can only assume they will still be after us since the Bug-Eye surveillance craft jumped as soon as the naval battle had ended,” he summarized which was the next sore point Sainze's naval forces had caused death and damage that could not be repaired in a hurry.

At this, Cassandra could see most were apprehensive about waging another battle. After all their Kindraa lost half of its warriors during the previous battle Aemelia voiced their thoughts then. “We cannot continue to take these kinds of losses.” Cassandra could see the elderly woman look around the room and then continued, “I say we up and leave this rock for the Inner Sphere.”

Cassandra and the others looked at each other, though no one spoke. At last, Jacob Faraday spoke up. “Your reasons for this, Smoke Jaguar?” he asked in a condescended way "we are hardly in a position to invade the Inner Sphere."

Seeing a fight about to break out between the two, Star Admiral Theodore Albiev walked in their way. “Star Colonel Jacob Faraday, need I remind you Star Colonel Aemelia has been a warrior for longer then you have been alive?” Seeing the younger warrior looking embarrassed, the older warrior continued, “She is merely suggesting her opinion and it is a good one. One that I am for as well if we approach it correctly.”

After seeing the others in the room start to nod at this, Cassandra decided to it was time to make a decision. “It is decided then. We head for the Inner Sphere. Does anyone have an idea where to go to,” she asked, looking directly at the lone Sea Fox member in the room who was there purely as an observer but now his testimony could be pivotal for the Kindraa.

At this, he nodded. “There is a small nation of planets that exists on this side of the Lyran Commonwealth. One of them recently re-declared their independence the Rim Collection.  The world of All Dawn has everything that your people need.  The Rim Collection will be able to defend themselves but if you can secure All Dawn you will be in a good position to bargain with the Rim Collection for a permanent holding in the area.  Your people's positioning on All Dawn and your willingness to work with the people of the Rim Collection could be the perfect way to secure your futures.

“Well,” Cassandra asked to everyone in the room. Seeing some nod while others shrugged she glanced at Star Colonel Jerold Danforth only to be answered with a stare.

At last, he decided to speak his own opinion. “I am a Crusader. I am the acknowledged leader of the Crusaders within the Kindraa. If this gets me closer to fighting in the Inner Sphere and closer to taking Holy Terra, I am in.  Working with these people could be difficult but we will see."

“It is decided. We head to the planet. All Dawn. And let Garret Sainze and the other Sainze warriors we captured in the battle rot here.  I want none of them with us we are Kindraa Faraday-Tanaga our future is in our own hands."  She declared.

Nationwide Broadcast, Interstellar News Network
Ecol City, Thorin
Star League Protectorate
18th September 3089

Standing in the full uniform of the Commanding-General of the Star League Defence Force Archer Christifori looked directly into the Interstellar News Network camera.  “Ladies and Gentlemen today is a special day I can announce that the Second Royal Striker Regiment has been activated on the world of Thorin.  Its activation completes the Star League Defence Forces Fourth Division.  I can also announce that as of the hour of this transmission the Star League Defence Force has taken possession of the SLS Tamarind.  The third Unity-class Frigate to be completed by the Duchy of Tamarind-Abby the SLS Tamarind has been donated to the Star League Defence force by the government on the world of the same name.  I would personally like to thank Captain-General Anthony Brett-Marik for choosing to support the Star League Defence Force and I hope that in the future we can strengthen the links between our nations and our defence forces.” He said breaking eye contact with the camera for the first time looking back his eyes were noticeably watered “it has been an honour to serve as Commanding-General of the Star League Defence Force, it was an honour to fight as part of the forces that founded this great organization in the destruction of Clan Smoke Jaguar completing the campaign to end the Clan Invasion.”  He said reminiscing over past triumphs “however as that great saying states 'All good things must come to an end.'  With this in mind I have chosen to retire as Commanding-General of the Star League Defence Force effectively as of midnight tonight local Thorin time.  I do this in hopes that my passing of the baton to new blood will breath new life and new drive into the Star League and knit our peoples closer together.  As of midnight tonight Fleet Admiral David Natale will become the Star League Defence Forces new Commanding-Admiral.  I know I can speak for all members of the SLDF and for the Current First Lord that the Admiral will have everyone's full support.  I thank you all for the time and the belief you have all placed in me.  Good night.”  Archer said before saluting the camera in full parade stance.  Within hours of the announcement Archer had been named as Thorin's new Governor as the current governor suddenly chose his time to retire also.  It seemed that despite Archer's need for a more quiet life the Inner Sphere was not done with him yet.

Outside Weingarten Orbit
Clan Wolf Occupation Zone
Inner Sphere
22nd September 3089

A fleet entered the Weingarten system of the Clan Wolf Occupation Zone.  First to enter was the Ward's Legacy commanded by Khan Nathan Fetladral beside him stood another Khan but not one wearing the Clan Wolf uniform.  Instead Khan Carl Heller wore the uniform of Clan Coyote and he was not alone.  Behind them two Potemkin-class Troop Cruisers, two York-class Destroyer/Carriers, a Liberator-class Cruiser and several JumpShips all bearing the Clan Coyote crest.

“Welcome to your new home, Khan Heller” Fetladral said glancing up at the Coyote Elemental.

“You do us honour, Khan Fetladral” Heller said “a new place to call our home.”

“Your  Clan has sacrificed much Khan Heller, your Clan has fulfilled its agreement with us.  Despite the troubles on the Homeworlds the Coyotes held by all the deals we made.  Clan Wolf honours its allies and its agreements.”  Khan Fetladral said “your territories will increase as you settle.”

“Our ships need their repairs, our personnel need rest but soon the Coyotes will be ready to raise again.”  Heller commented looking at the Ward's Legacy's scans of the world.  “How are Clan Wolf's preparations proceeding?”

“At pace” Fetladral said quietly the Wolf operations were completely secret but soon Clan Wolf would be ready and Fetladral relished the challenges ahead.  “Concentrate on preparing your people, it won't take long before the other Clans are made aware of your presence.”
« Last Edit: 28 January 2014, 00:53:54 by Dragon Cat »

James Tanaga

• Sergeant
« Reply #590 on: 27 January 2014, 22:55:52 »
Fun update. Seems just about everybody wants to leave the Homeworlds. I wonder why?  :P

James Tanaga

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #591 on: 27 January 2014, 23:00:40 »
Entertaining as ever.

By the way...Potemkins are Troop Cruisers...are these upgraded ships?

FedSunsBorn

• Captain
« Reply #592 on: 28 January 2014, 00:48:53 »
Coyotes in the Inner Sphere! Woot! Always wanted to see them react to Inner Sphere culture.
Made by HikageMaru

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #593 on: 28 January 2014, 00:54:33 »
Entertaining as ever.

By the way...Potemkins are Troop Cruisers...are these upgraded ships?

Mistype nice catch thanks

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #594 on: 28 January 2014, 01:12:32 »
The Coyotes coming to join the party.
This party looks like it is going to be a good one.
 O0
Growing up is optional.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #595 on: 31 January 2014, 03:55:18 »
Fun update. Seems just about everybody wants to leave the Homeworlds. I wonder why?  :P

James Tanaga

I can think of half a dozen reasons - won't be many more though... for a while

Coyotes in the Inner Sphere! Woot! Always wanted to see them react to Inner Sphere culture.
The Coyotes coming to join the party.
This party looks like it is going to be a good one.
 O0

I hope so

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #596 on: 31 January 2014, 03:58:14 »
Sea Fox Enclaves
Spica, Federated Suns/St Ives Compact
Sea Fox Territory
2nd October 3089

Around the table there were nine members of Clan Sea Fox together for the first time in several years looking around the room Hanna Coston took in a sight she had not seen for many years.  The other Khanate leaders had dispersed throughout the Inner Sphere and Clan Occupation Zones and rarely met together.  Even with all her travel Hanna Coston could not keep in touch with all the Khanates today was a day hopefully that they could begin anew.  “As discussed the production of WarShips will continue and they will continue to be deployed in the manner they have been ordered...”

“Some continue to be stronger.”  Galaxy Commander Stephen Faulk of the Starstrike Khanate said his Khanate was one of the weakest in the Sea Fox Clan.

“...the continued security around our enclaves is of paramount importance.”

“And the increase of our territory?”  Galaxy Commander Blake Hunter of the Bloodscent Khanate inquired.  “We still do not have a territory within the Raven Alliance or Capellan Confederation...”

“We need to have no interest in the Capellan Confederation!”  Galaxy Commander Evangeline Clarke snapped “any of you who attempt to gain territory within that state will face Trial of Grievance from me.”  She said the Steelsoul Khanate still held a grudge after the trouble they had when they established a colony on the world of Sarna and the Capellan Confederation destroyed their people.

“Our territorial expansion instead turns away from the Inner Sphere and at the Clans.”  Hanna Coston said “today the Deathstrike Khanate secured Tukayyid from Clan Ghost Bear.  The world has been taken completely by our Clan.”  She said the Deathstrike was the Khan's Khanate and Tukkayid was a well known name to the Clans.

“An interesting target” Semi Kalasa the Loremaster said.  “One that we hardly need.”

“Neither the Bears or the Wolves wanted it, too much connection to the Truce and to Ulric Kerensky, for us we can use it.”  Hanna Coston said passionately “our Clan has drifted apart.  We do not honour each other or ourselves with this continued division.”  She stated loudly for several moments she thought one of the warriors would argue with her but none spoke out.  “I wish to make Tukayyid a great meeting place for the Clans, for our Clan, as Strana Mechty once served.”

“A Capitol World?  Here in the Inner Sphere among these barbarians?” Evangeline Clarke stated angrily.

“We live and we die among them each day, Galaxy Commander.  Our Khanates were formed around them.”  She pointed out “if we continue down the path we are heading our Clan will cease to be.”

“How can we recreate something that is broken?  The Clans are killing each other in the Homeworlds even as we speak!”  Angus Labov shouted angrily raising from his chair “have we the right to claim we are anything but the same as them?”

“We are no better” Hanna Coston stated “we are no better than the other Clans that have traveled to the Inner Sphere.”  She pointed out “but we are also no better than the people of the Inner Sphere.”  Her words instantly brought uproar from all the other Clansmen around her “SILENCE!”  She shouted over them all “if you have a Grievance I will hear it with a challenge!”  She called out none of them spoke against her.  “And there lies our problem.  Today I say we step forward knowing who we are, and what we want.  Today we realize who we are, that we live with the people of the Inner Sphere, we work with the people of the Inner Sphere, we are people of the Inner Sphere.”  She said the others in the room slowly took their seats “but we are also Clan.  We are trothkin, born to the same soil, raised into the same ways.  We cannot forget where we have come from or where we are going.”

“Hanna Coston, you mark this day by announcing the capture of the world Tukayyid you can start a new for us?  Our Clan chases profit as we have done for all of our existence.  Tukayyid is not a profitable world it is a place of death.”  Galaxy Commander Raven Ghilberti pointed out.

“If you are looking for profit I can announce the sale of Extended Range Lasers to the Federated Suns and the joint development of a new Battle Armour suit, which has been named the Sea Fox.”  Hanna Coston announced surprising many the Clan had never named a unit after its namesake. “We will make Tukayyid a world of profit for us.  We have shown across the Inner Sphere and with the other Clans that they will buy what we produce.  We will turn Tukayyid into a world of factories and sell our wears to the other Clans.”  She pointed out “would you not all like a place that takes our buyers to us instead of the need for us going to them.  We make Tukayyid our seat of power and they will come to us.”  She said the other Khanate leaders were not convinced but none argued for now at least.

SLS Freedom (Republic-class Frigate)
Abandoned SLDF Test Site
EC3057-J83A, Periphery
13th October 3089

After years studying the data acquired in the vaults of Terra and those recovered from the Ruins of Gabriel the SLS Freedom was deployed to the distant periphery world of EC3057-J83A.  Behind it came three Invader-class JumpShips each carrying three Mule-class DropShips.  Within the CIC of the Republic-class Frigate Captain Juan Pablo Aznar saw the representation of the Freedom's sensor scan pulse through the system near the seventh planet there were three faint replies as the ship detected objects that were not natural.  Deeper in the system there were further contacts.  “Set a course for the seventh planet.  Order the Apollo and Hera to scan each of the other planets then rendezvous with us, the Mules are all to follow us in.”  He said naming the two Pueblo-class Surveillance Craft attached to his WarShip.

Taking a slow 1G burn to the seventh planet the “fleet” of the Freedom and the nine Mule's arrived revealing the contacts.  “Battle-stations” Drake ordered more as a precaution than anything their scans had shown no power signatures or activity.

“Sir, still no activity.”

“Have Apollo go over the top and Hera take the low route.  Full scans relay information to us.”  He said as the Freedom began to slow “Mules hold back.”  The two Pueblos flanked the shipyards sending their information back to the Freedom.  “Well would you look at that” he whispered “the Star League didn't do things by half did they?  One functional shipyard and three Kigamure-class WarShips.”

“Sir, we have an IFF hit from one of the WarShips SLS Surprise the other two appear to have extensive refit works that were begun and not finished.”  One of the officers replied.

“As we expected” Aznar replied “have the Flint and Supplier deploy their marines, secure the facility.  All other units are to maintain their distance.”  He said turning to the communication officer “prepare the HPG for a Priority call to Terra.  Full Encryption.  Inform command 'We have a Surprise plus two all secured in cradle.'”  He said the officer nodded.  Turning back to the sensor scans he noticed that readings of the planet were coming in as well “not the warmest of places but doesn't look too bad.”  He thought “its Mundo Nublar” he whispered in his native Spanish/Portuguese, it meant Cloud World, seeing the images from the SLS Freedom's sensors the world was covered in water and clouds.  “Once the shipyard and the ships are secured have the Apollo make a pass over the research facility check if it's viable for occupation.”  He said according to the reports the research base had enough space for over three hundred personnel despite the stormy conditions the perfect hidden ground base on a system hidden away from all eyes.

Marshalry Academy
Paradiso, Fronc
Fronc Reaches, Periphery
20th October 3089

Although Fronc was a pleasant world it was far removed from New Avalon.  Was capital of the small periphery nation the Fronc Reaches, nestled between the Taurian Concordat, Magistracy of Canopus and the Capellan Confederation.  It had grown from what was known as the New Colony Regions created by the Taurians and the Magistracy in a combined effort into an independent nation.  The nation's bid for independence had caused friction with its neighbouring nations meaning not many people traveled there but today it was host for a special visit.

At the recently opened Marshalry Academy in the capital city of Paradiso Duchess Edre McEvens led the tour of the facility for her sister Duchess Danai Centrella-Davion.  Danai who had traveled from New Avalon to visit her sister Edre was following on a promise she had made to her sister Naomi Centrella before her death.  Around the Marshalry Academy there was almost two regiments of Davion troops that had accompanied Danai while in orbit the FSS Audacity, a First Prince-class Battleship, orbited providing security but that did not matter to Danai or to Edre today it was the first time in years they had been together.  Ever since Danai left behind her life in the Magistracy as first-born of Emma Centrella to marry Victor Steiner-Davion in 3061 the two had not been together they had exchanged messages via HPG and courier but little else.

Now Edre led Danai through the recently completed training complex.  Her dark hair was far longer than Danai remembered her years had been good to her even with the small amount of grey entering her hair only heightened her beauty.  Two years older Danai's life had been even better to her she was married to the leader of one of the greatest nations of the Inner Sphere her family life was stable her children successful and happy.

“As you can see from these windows you have great views onto the city and of your bodyguard.”  Edre said as the two approached a large panes of glass.  Outside there were BattleMechs and vehicles painted in the Blue, White and Reds of House Davion's Brigade of Guards.

“A beautiful world, Edre.  You should be very proud.”  Danai said politely following the younger woman's gaze.

“We are Danai, we are”  she said “why did you come here today?

“I made a promise” Danai replied “our sister Naomi said that we should visit each other sometime.  I suggested we should all come here but affairs of state kept her busy.  I said I would visit when I was able.”

“You are not afraid of how it will look a Federated Suns unit on this world, a WarShip over our skies?”  She asked her husband President Dirk McEvens had been worried when Danai had suggested the visit but Danai had promised it was only a family visit nothing more.

“Our troops are standing side-by-side with yours Edre and our WarShip is out of weapons range it is here purely to support us.  I came here to see my sister.”

“Perhaps” Edre said still unconvinced she had learned the hard way that her nation was vulnerable to the larger nations in their region.

“If it will make you feel better I will order my people to stand off and allow yours to continue to hold the defence?  I will only keep my personal security?”  Danai suggested Edre nodded.  Danai turned to the head of her protection detail.  “Major Steiner have our people rally to the DropShips and fall into secondary duties, Alpha protection detail is to stay on primary duties.”  She ordered although Danai had officially retired from the AFFS she still knew their protocols like the back of her hand.

“Yes, Duchess” Major Richard Steiner, son of Marshal of Armies Reinhart Steiner, replied he had been in command of her protection detail for two years now and knew that once she had decided on something there was little going back on it.  He would however be keeping other units on hot standby should he need them.

“Now, can we just be sisters for a while?”  Danai asked her younger sister who replied with a smile and an offered arm.  Linking arms the two sisters continued on through the facility catching up on time lost.  This continued beyond the Academy back at the McEvens family estate where Danai also met Dirk McEvens and their daughter Emma the young twenty-seven year old who may one day lead the small state.  Both the Fronc Reaches and Federated Suns were quick to point out that this was purely a family visit nothing more to both Fronc Reaches media and beyond.  The FSS Audacity took Danai and her party back to the Federated Suns without incident with neither the Capellan Confederation or Taurian Concordat wishing to challenge the powerful battleship.

Battlesite, True Vision (Congress-class Heavy Frigate)
Orbit, New Port Royal
Nova Cat's Den, Periphery
23rd October 3089

Star Commodore Alex Bravos wiped the blood from his eyes as the True Vision shook under several more weapon impacts.  The True Vision and several other Nova Cat WarShips had moved in on New Port Royal after the Goliath Scorpion WarShip Atropos had turned its guns on the Remembrance and the Nebulous.  The Aegis-class Heavy Cruiser and York-class Destroyer/Carrier had been tasked with presenting the Nova Cat's public face watching the Goliath Scorpion Nightlord-class Battleship however they had not been the only Nova Cat assets in the area.  All within a single jump were six other Nova Cat WarShips ready to pounce should they be needed.  With the Storm, a Bug Eye-class Surveillance Craft watching the Atropos from a safe distance there was no way for the Goliath Scorpion vessel to hide its actions.  Each of the six Nova Cat WarShips had jumped in together and immediately engaged the single damaged Goliath Scorpion vessel.  The one-point-two million ton craft had continued to fight until almost every metre of its kilometre length was potholed by Nova Cat fire.  Of the six WarShips that had jumped in four would, including the True Vision would need extensive repairs after today but that didn't matter the Nova Cats knew that should the Goliath Scorpions attack it would take a lot to kill them.  “Roll to port present them with the starboard armour it is in better condition than the rest” Bravos ordered.  “Have White Aerie and Bond hold their positions and block their path just in case they get desperate.”

“Sir Elemental Stars from the Karl Devalis have boarded the Atropos!”  One of the technicians announced triumphantly.  Elemental Armour equipped marines from the Anna Rosse-class Battle-cruiser had finally made it to their target.

“Don't celebrate yet she has some killing to do before those Elementals can secure her!  And we still have their ground forces to crush!”  Bravos snapped looking at the image of the Nightlord hanging between the Nova Cat WarShips the Goliath Scorpions had broken all the rules of Clan warfare after losing a Trial of Absorption to the local Nova Cat Garrison.  They had gone on the offensive wiping out three Nova Cat ground force clusters and the two orbiting WarShips instead of surrendering they had secured the world as their own.

Unfortunately for the Goliath Scorpions the Nova Cats had taken precautions and were far more in number and in better condition than the battered visiting clan.  Along with the six WarShips that had entered the system two Galaxies of front-line Nova Cat troops had come along with them.  While the capital ships had engaged the Atropos the ground forces had engaged remaining Goliath Scorpions on the ground Alpha and Xi Galaxies under the command of Oathmaster Zane Carns led the offensive.  Having beaten the slowly rebuilding Delta Galaxy and Sigma Galaxy the two Galaxies wished to prove their worth in the field and the Oathmaster's battlefield abilities.  The Nova Cats used this battle to prove several pieces of new technology that had been developed over recent years.  Including the Cizin, a new laser equipped hovertank, the Sekhmet another laser equipped armoured vehicle and Nova Cat built Avalanche OmniMechs.  The design originally pioneered by the Draconis Combine taken from its Irece factory by a Nova Cat strike team and converted into a true Nova Cat design.  Although many Nova Cats saw it as an inferior medium design to the Huntsman or the Shadow Cat they did see it as a superior garrison Mech design for their second-line forces. Even this new technology, with superior numbers and better maintained and rested units the Nova Cats were had fought against the desperate Goliath Scorpions however eventually only a single Goliath Scorpion Cluster remained.

“This is Oathmaster Zane Carns of Clan Nova Cat, your Clan was defeated in a Trial of Absorption.  They have been defeated in open battle in space and on these barren sands.  Surrender now so we do not have to destroy you all.”  He said from his Arctic Cheetah's cockpit the OmniMech was battered but functional.  Ahead of his Mech and all the others of Clan Nova Cat were nearly two dozen Goliath Scorpion Mechs, half as many Vehicles and a smattering of Infantry and Battle Armoured forces.  To oppose the Nova Cat force would be suicide.  Before a reply came through Zane's external communication array bleeped into life “Star Commodore Bavros go ahead.” Zane said recognizing the frequency that linked him to the True Vision's commander.

“Oathmaster, what remains of the Atropos is ours.  We believe she is salvageable.”  The WarShip commander announced triumphantly even against six Nova Cat WarShips and after all the horrors the WarShip had seen the Nightlord had still refused to die.  “All the Goliath Scorpion JumpShips and their remaining DropShips have surrendered.”  He added that alone made up for some of the Nova Cat losses.

“Thank you for informing me.”  He said switching frequencies once more.  “This is Oathmaster Zane Carns I still await your answer however I must inform you that the Atropos has been captured as have all your JumpShips.”

“Then we are the last of our Clan.” The deflated Scorpion replied “I am Star Colonel Sandra Barclay, commander of the First Eridani Lancers Cluster of Clan Goliath Scorpion.  Formerly commander of the Seventy-First Light Horse Regiment of the Eridani Light Horse Brigade of the Star League Defence Force.”  She said regaining some of her pride as she recited her history to Zane.  “Nova Cat Oathmaster I command what remains of Clan Goliath Scorpion and all those civilians that have escaped the Reaving.  There will be no more voices from Clan Goliath Scorpion.  Should you kill us all of that Clan's history dies with us.”

After several long moments Zane made a choice and began to speak “Star Colonel Sandra” he began ignoring her Inner Sphere freebirth name “your Trial of Refusal to refute your loss during your Trial of Absorption has unfortunately been a failure.”  He said officially recognizing the Goliath Scorpions attacks on the Nova Cats as part of a trial he guessed he'd face trouble for that but it was the right thing to do.  “Your decision to bid all your troops was an unwise one.  It allowed the Nova Cat to bid her entire force against you.  However your warriors have fought well I accept you as Abtakha under my personal command.  You will stand down all your remaining warriors failure to do so will a Trial of Annihilation.  You understand Quiaff?”

“Aff, Oathmaster.  Eridani Lancers you heard the Oathmaster stand-down.  No complaints do everything we are ordered to.”  Sandra said Zane was surprised she added the second part for a moment before thinking it through they were the Eridani Light Horse freeborns, an entire cluster of them, he may have just given himself a new permanent headache.

“Nova Cats of Alpha and Xi Galaxy stand down.  Have Elemental Teams check downed pilots any enemy pilots found alive are to be taken as Bondsmen, no exceptions.  Have medical teams move in.”  He said switching frequencies “Star Commodore Bravos, this is Oathmaster Zane Carns, victory confirmed on the planet.”  He said cutting the frequency before a reply was heard.  Looking out at the now still battlefield he saw a black horse on a field of yellow on one of the Mechs, the old Eridani Light Horse Regiment's insignia, just what had he let himself in for he wondered.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #597 on: 13 February 2014, 19:56:22 »
Clan Grand Council
New Barcella, Nova Cat's Den
Periphery
5th November 3089

The Clan Nova Cat Council was in turmoil following the events on New Port Royal Oathmaster Zane Carns had been transported back to New Barcella rapidly to answer questions.  “My fellow Clansmen it seems obvious to me that Khan Rosse has lost control of this situation.  He allowed the Goliath Scorpions to land on New Port Royal, he cost us two WarShips and four Clusters worth of warriors!”  Galaxy Commander Gwen Winters said angrily “I ask you why?”  She challenged the Khan who slowly rose from his chair.

“We Nova Cats are isolated here in the Nova Cat's Den.”  Canin began “the Ravens have little interest in conflict with us.  The other Clans are far distant” he said continuing “the Goliath Scorpion settlement on New Port Royal gave us an opponent.”

“The Federated Suns or Taurians could be such an opponent” Gwen Winters suggested Canin saw that many of the Nova Cats agreed with her.

“Is that what we become?  The invaders no better than the Smoke Jaguars or Jade Falcons?  One a failed Clan the other that cares nothing for its neighbours.”  Canin Rosse asked passionately.  “Clan Nova Cat has striven to take a different path, and so far my fellow Clankin we have been successful beyond all that the other Clans thought we were capable of.  If we had been an invader Clan or one pared with one of the other Clans we may have been driven from the Inner Sphere like the Steel Vipers or destroyed like the Jaguars.  Instead we are thriving on these worlds and from the intelligence we have gained from the Goliath Scorpions remaining in the Homeworlds would have been just as much as an opponent.”  He said defiantly few matched his gaze all had seen the reports on the debriefing of the Goliath Scorpions the Clan Homeworlds were in the middle of an apocalyptic Civil War.  Anyone who did not escape would be burned by the war and never truly be a Clan again.  The Society and their Dark Caste allies were overrunning what Clan positions remained soon the Homeworlds would be dead or under Society control.

“So you think we should abandon the Homeworlds, Quineg?”  One warrior called out.

“Neg” Canin admitted abandoning the worlds he and his Clan were born to was beyond what he was willing to accept “but we need time.  We need to allow the fighting to burn out in the Homeworlds.  We need to develop strategies to counter the Society and the level of fighting.”  He pointed out none of the Clans had the strength to counter that level of fighting.  “To that end I want each Nova Cat Cluster to trial against the First Eridani Lancers Cluster once they have recovered from the recent fighting.  Each of us will see what the fires they have gone through has done to them.”

“You will destroy them?”  Oathmaster Zane Carns stated angrily “no unit can fight trial after trial and survive.”

“They will survive like we all have” one of the Clansmen called out “if they are truly Clansmen they will not fear a trial.”

“I believe they fear nothing but trial after trial will destroy any unit even your own Nova Cat Guards.”  Zane said staring at the Star Captain who had spoken Zane couldn't place the name but he knew the warrior.

“The Oathmaster is right.”  Canin Rosse admitted “the Eridani Lancers will face a series of Trials followed by a cool down period before engaging the next series of Trials.  Oathmaster, I wish you to set this us, these warriors are under your stewardship Quiaff?”

“Aff, my Khan” Zane admitted.

“Good” Canin said placing it under the office of the Oathmaster would mean Zane could control how often Eridani warriors faced trials but it also meant that he would have to ensure they did face trials of have his become forfeit.  “Our second immediate action will be to restore the Atropos to combat capability.”  Canin announced surprising many.

“My Khan, that WarShip is battered beyond recognition Quiaff?” saKhan Ajax Drummond asked

“Neg, I do not believe so.  Star Admiral McKenna perhaps our Naval Commander can say more for this?”  The Khan asked knowingly he and the Star Admiral had already discussed the Nightlord-class Battleship's fate.

“The Legacy has docked with the Nightlord and stabilized the vessel's orbit.  We should be able to make rudimentary repairs to allow her to be moved to the New Barcella shipyards for repairs and upgrades.”  McKenna said “the prize crew however remove to call her by her Goliath Scorpion name.”

“They should refuse to serve on her at all.”  Gwen Winters said

“It is a decision that has been made” Ajax Drummond said “accept it or answer it with a challenge.”  He stated Gwen Winters refused to reply “is there a name for this vessel?”

“The Sacred Rite” Zane Carns said quietly

“You said something Oathmaster? Speak loud enough for all to hear” he demanded

“The Sacred Rite saKhan” Zane said louder so all could hear.

“What say you Clan Council?”

“Seyla!” They all replied in unison even Gwen Winters spoke with them.

“My Khan, the Clan have spoken.”

“And the Sacred Rite has joined us” Canin Rosse said loudly.

“Seyla!”  The Clan replied in agreement.

O5P/ISF Operation
Castle Dieron, Dieron
Dieron Military District, Draconis Combine
15th November 3089

General Edwin Amis was not the happiest officer on Dieron.  The Commander of the SLDF's Eridani Light Horse Brigade was not used to being made to wait unfortunately he had no option in this particular part of the massive Castle Dieron complex the Draconis Combine were in command here.  Fortunately the Kurita commander was an accommodating sort, most of the time, today however was not one of these days.  Finally the door opened and he was admitted however he was in for a surprise “Where is Tai-sho Noyce?”  He asked seeing a woman sitting at the man's desk.

“He has been temporarily relieved of command” she said quietly not introducing herself.

“And you are?”  He asked trying to connect with her.

“I am in charge of this facility.  How can I be of assistance General?”

“I was wondering when I could send my SLDF observers into the newly opened areas of this base?”  He asked in recent months the Draconis Combine had begun to reopen parts of the base which had been closed since the fall of the original Star League.

“I am afraid you cannot.”  She stated flatly offering no explanation.

“May I ask why?”  He asked “the Star League Defence Force has a permanent presence on this base and has partly funded its reconstruction.”  He pointed out

“Partly” she repeated “not the part that we are working on.”

“You risk placing a divide between us.”  Amis warned

“There has always been a divide between us.  Good day, General.”  She said dismissing him like a cadet not even bothering to raise from her chair.  Amis marched from the office unhappy with what had happened but well aware he could do nothing whatever the DCMS had planned and he could do nothing about it.

Caesar's Palace
Alphard, Marian Hegemony
Periphery
22nd November 3089

For the last several weeks Aleksandr Ward, along with his many advisers and guardians, had done everything in his power as Caesar of the Marian Hegemony to restore it to power.  This had included making peace with the newly formed Lothian League, the Rim Association and with the Magistracy of Canopus.  Even with these agreements however the Marian Hegemony was still a shadow of where it had been previously.  Looking through the documents he couldn't find anything to further their goals other than the one thing he wished to avoid.

“Still trolling through that data Aleks?”  A female voice asked from behind him.  It was one of the few female voices that spoke to him using his name now.  Rebecca Ward, formerly Rebecca O'Reilly, she was the daughter of Caesar Julius O'Reilly the man Aleksandr's mother Katrina had killed Katrina had adopted her as her own daughter she was the last remnant of the O'Reilly family.  With Katrina's death he'd half expected her to retake the O'Reilly name and leave Alphard yet here she was taunting him.  “There's no way out of the mess your mother left us in.  Only if you bring war to our neighbours will you be successful.”  She said continuing to walk behind him in and out of his peripheral vision.

“There are still ways Rebecca we do not have to follow our mother's path of aggression.”

“Your mother” Rebecca taunted Aleksandr he heard a click behind him.

“You do not want to do this Rebecca” he said trying to connect to her she was eighteen nine years his senior.  He knew what she was doing he knew that click.

“Your name has ruined this nation Aleksandr.  Your mother has brought the nation built by my grand-father and my father to its knees.”  She said he could tell she had her weapon raised and pointed at his head.

“You've never taken a life Rebecca.  If you wish to start now that's your choice I won't try to stop you.”  He said slowly turning to face her her hands were trembling as she pointed the weapon at him.  “You haven't it in you.”  He said calmly, more calm than any nine year old should be able to, as he stepped closer to her.  Suddenly a shot rang out it passed over his shoulder and impacted the wall behind him stepping closer to her he reached out and grabbed the gun snatching it from her.  “We'll rebuild this nation together my sister.”  He promised her as a pair of guards entered the room “but for now you need protection from yourself.  Take her away” he commanded.  The two guards grabbed her and dragged her away Aleksandr turned back to his papers.  “I'm going to need your help after all Sister Cassandra” he said quietly stepping into the light from the shadows of the room a single woman dressed in a white robe and carrying a broadsword.

“if you are willing Caesar then we can begin our operations within the day.”  'Sister Cassandra' said

“I am willing Sister Cassandra.  I authorize you to begin operations.”

“Thank you Brother Aleksandr, Peace of Blake be with you.”  She said slipping back into the shadows of the room.  Aleksandr had not wanted to make this deal but his people needed help and this was his only option.

Capellan Offensive
Liao Commonality, Capellan Confederation
28th November 3089

Blaming the Oriente Protectorate for a series of raids on Liao, Styk and Zion the Capellan Confederation launches an assault on the Oriente Protectorate.  In three rapid assaults the Capellan Confederation's Seventh Armoured Cavalry, the Fourth Tau Ceti Rangers and Lockhardt's Ironsides capture all three worlds driving the Oriente survivors into the Oriente Protectorate.

In celebration of this “counter-attack” Chancellor Dao-Shen Liao announces the rebirth of the Liao Lancers Brigade that will defend Liao holdings from future incursions.  With this the First Liao Lancer Regiment is formed on Zion while the Second is formed on Styk neither is a BattleMech formation instead relying on Infantry, Armour and Battle Armour.  Although these units are little more than extended militia units the Chancellor announces that both will gain BattleMech forces in 3090 and further units will be risen in the years to come.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #598 on: 18 February 2014, 19:33:53 »
The end of 3089

Marik-Stewart Raid in Force
New Kyoto, Isle of Skye
Lyran Commonwealth
9th December 3089

Fighting breaks out along the Marik-Stewart Commonwealth/Isle of Skye border bringing Lyran Commonwealth and Free Worlds League units to blows on several worlds.  Spurred by rumours that the Isle of Skye was re-building the Bolson Shipyards around the world the First, Eleventh and Twelfth Atrean Dragoon Regiments all land on the world supported by the FWLS Sentinel, a Venturer-class Light Cruiser).  Defending it were the First McCarron's Armoured Cavalry and the Seventeenth Isle of Skye Guards regiments.

Within five days of heavy combat three nuclear explosions are registered on the world one in the heart of the worlds's capital city Hirihito killing more than ninety thousand people.  On December Twelfth with seemingly no end to the fighting on the world new Commanding-Admiral David Natale orders the SLS Helm, the Nineteenth Cavalry Regiment, of the Eridani Light Horse Brigade, the Seventy-ninth and Eightieth Special Operations Battalions were all deployed to the world.

The Seventy-ninth and Eightieth better known as the 'Devil's Advocates' and the 'Nuclear Family' were sent to the world specifically to begin clear up of the nuclear fallout over Hirihito and to help the people of the city carried enough firepower to defend themselves when units from both the Isle of Skye and Marik-Stewart Commonwealth fire on them.  After this the Eridani Light Horse are released from their security positions to conduct offensive operations on both sides of the fight while allowing the Special Operations Battalions continue their work.

First Davion Guards RCT Basecamp
Kesai VI, Bryceland PDZ
Draconis March, Federated Suns
14th December 3089

For ten days the First Davion Guards RCT had battled for its very life on the world of Kesai IV as the Ryuken Ichi, Ni and San Regiments of the DCMS had battered the Federated Suns regiment.  Burton Davion had seen allies and friends die at the hands of the DCMS troopers and yet saw no end in sight.  The planetary HPG was gone destroyed in a bombing raid Burton's escort WarShip the FSS Draconis March, a Davion Block III-class Destroyer, had been destroyed by the Ryuken regiment's three fighter wings although the WarShip's sacrifice depletes the Combine fighter ranks significantly making them useless for anything more than air superiority and intercept missions.

For nearly eight days the First Davion Guards fight a losing running battle from settlement to settlement trying to avoid bringing the Draconis Combine troops down on any particular settlement.  On the 21st December 3089 while passing through a small settlement near the long abandoned remains of SLDF Maintenance Depot *14 Marshal Dayton Duvall the RCT Commander was killed.  With Admiral Tabitha Steiner, the RCT's Aerospace Commander, injured the RCT turned to Leftenant-Colonel Burton Davion, as the senior MechWarrior for a command.  Burton chose to continue Duvall's strategy of moving from Depot to depot however he made one change.

The First Albion Armour Regiment was a green regiment that had been attached to the RCT since the Varnay Crisis used to independent actions and working in small numbers Burton detached the First Albion along with the Second Royal Guards Battle Armour Regiment to raid the Ryuken lines.  Although the two units were inexperienced compared to the other units in the command they proved themselves time and again against the Ryuken unit over the next week of fighting.  Unfortunately the units and the Davion Guards RCT ran out of ammunition, supplies and began to succumb to fatigue.

On the 29th December 3089 the RCT reached a hidden Davion Firebase half built into a cliff face.  Able to rest and refit the RCT hunkered down for a siege battle.

Fidelis Facility
Mopelia Island, New Earth
Star League Protectorate
20th December 3089

From their facilities on New Earth the Fidelis launch two thirty thousand ton Lebedev Nautical Enterprise designed Anastaska Marko Sea Freighters originally designed on LNE's native Tikonov the Fidelis had made one of their few trips off world to purchase the design.  The reason for  the Fidelis purchase of the design is unknown since New Earth was not known to have natural gas fields or long range sea based trade routes.

Gilmour MilTech
Talitha, Rousset-Marik Alliance
29th December 3089

On the world of Talitha in the Rousset-Marik Alliance Gilmour MilTech begins full production of the SHD-X3 Shadow Hawk LAM.  With assistance from Gibson Federated BattleMechs in solving the Shadow Hawk LAM's failed three stage conversion system and after months of extensive testing Gilmour believe the design is ready for combat deployment.  Although the Rousset-Marik military forces are the company's primary customer the Rousset-Marik Alliance authorize Gilmour MilTech to sell to anyone beyond the Rousset-Marik Alliance.  Immediately the Star League Defence Force, Capellan Confederation, Marik-Stewart Commonwealth and Oriente Protectorate all take interest in the design.
« Last Edit: 20 February 2014, 20:49:30 by Dragon Cat »

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #599 on: 19 February 2014, 22:07:24 »
Woah, a lot things happening here!  Is the SHD-X3 Shadow Hawk LAM going to be flyable?  Other bi-mode variants weren't exactly veryworkable without Air-Mech mode.

Register