Author Topic: TRO 3145--Federated Suns  (Read 187162 times)

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
Re: TRO 3145--Federated Suns
« Reply #120 on: 30 May 2013, 19:30:59 »
That's asking if he suddenly had a magical flying unicorn swoop down from  somewhere just as that DCMS MechWarrior fired his gun to save Caleb's tank. And then just because it is a magical unicorn, it had all the invading Draconis Combine soldier start singing and dancing.

You know...it is a good thing the Eridani Light Horse are gone for good.
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Aldous

• Lieutenant
« Reply #121 on: 30 May 2013, 19:35:20 »
Heh... for a House that brags about being a "democracy", the FedSuns sure like their King Davions.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #122 on: 30 May 2013, 19:41:49 »
You'll see your comeback from the edge of the abyss and it won't be 'thanks' to anyone else.

Except, you know, for the sea foxes.

(To whom I am quite grateful)
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #123 on: 30 May 2013, 19:43:03 »
Heh... for a House that brags about being a "democracy", the FedSuns sure like their King Davions.

I don't know that the federated suns ever claimed to be a democracy. I think its always been pretty clear that we're behind the ruling family.

What we do have, is personal freedoms.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

caioaf

• Sergeant
« Reply #124 on: 30 May 2013, 21:02:25 »
nice things were posted on facebook

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #125 on: 30 May 2013, 21:07:43 »
Nice  O0
« Last Edit: 30 May 2013, 21:20:49 by Klat »
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #126 on: 30 May 2013, 21:21:17 »
Holy smokes, White certainly turned that hideous wizkid Black Knight into one heck of a beautiful 'mech.
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

five_corparty

• Lieutenant
« Reply #127 on: 30 May 2013, 21:28:25 »
Holy smokes, White certainly turned that hideous wizkid Black Knight into one heck of a beautiful 'mech.

I know, right?  I LOOOVE that thing a heckova lot more than the original (actually made it my profile pic for the moment.  O0

Fletch

• Captain
« Reply #128 on: 30 May 2013, 21:29:07 »
Is the gun on the right arm a detachable weapon? 

What is the missile launcher config in the right torso?  There is 25 slots ....  ???

btw - the art continues to be awesome

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #129 on: 30 May 2013, 21:34:16 »
To paraphrase myself elsewhere, I really hope the writer remembered the Jettison quirk for the Atlas. If any mech looks like it'd use it, it's that one.

No, he turned the hideous MW4 Black Knight into a beautiful mech. The MWDA version was based on the MW4 one.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #130 on: 30 May 2013, 21:38:06 »
So Dave White took his allready awesome Black Knight redesign and made it even more so

I am so happy in the pants right now.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #131 on: 30 May 2013, 21:38:44 »
No, he turned the hideous MW4 Black Knight into a beautiful mech. The MWDA version was based on the MW4 one.
Want to hear something funny? Do you know who designed the MW4 Black Knight?  :)
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

caioaf

• Sergeant
« Reply #132 on: 30 May 2013, 21:41:49 »
Want to hear something funny? Do you know who designed the MW4 Black Knight?  :)
one was mecha-master, the other was someone called David White

:P :P :P :P :P :P

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs49/f/2009/169/5/8/Mechwarrior_4_Black_Knight_by_Mecha_Master.jpg

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #133 on: 30 May 2013, 21:41:59 »

No. Freaking. Way. That's pretty hilarious.
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #134 on: 30 May 2013, 21:44:56 »
And I still stand by the statement. The in game model was ugly as sin.  :))

EDIT: And they're ALL an improvement over the original artwork.
« Last Edit: 30 May 2013, 21:52:46 by Istal_Devalis »

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #135 on: 30 May 2013, 21:45:05 »
to be fair, the MW4 version there looks like its a relative of the Enforcer.

am I the only one who's not really fond of that style of Atlas?

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #136 on: 30 May 2013, 21:45:22 »
Book isn't out yet and already 130+ posts
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #137 on: 30 May 2013, 22:46:16 »

I actually liked David's concept art for the MW4 Black Knight, but I agree the WizKids resculpt managed to ruin it. That pug dog nose, the bandy legs ... I could correct some of the problems (see here if interested), but would dearly love both BT scale minis of the above.

(Yes, I do like the Hockey Mask Atlas, far more than Darth Vader With His Helmet Off version)
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #138 on: 30 May 2013, 23:13:38 »
Not a fan of either looks, but oh do those look pretty.

Scary thing, rate CGL is releasing these, all of them will be out prior to my next pay day (paid monthly on 15th) before I can get one. Unsure if good thing/bad thing that.

gyedid

• Captain
  • Always brighter on the other side of the mirror.
« Reply #139 on: 30 May 2013, 23:30:17 »
In the end, the FedSuns is just too big to fail. Or is it? Stay tuned folks. Same Bat time, same Bat channel.

In all semi-seriousness, the Cappies have done the whole comeback thing, and the League has done it like a champ. Now it's time for the FedSuns (to do it again) and the Commonwealth to make the personal comeback tour a reality. 

It may not fail outright, but there is precedent for it never returning to what it was.  See Tamar Pact, Fate of during and after  Clan Invasion.

cheers,

Gabe
So, now I'm imagining people boxing up Overlords for loading as cargo.  "Nope, totally not a DropShip.  Everyone knows you can't fit a DropShip in a WarShip!  It's...a ten thousand ton box of marshmallows!  Yeah.  For the Heavy Guards big annual smores party."
--Arkansas Warrior, on the possibility of carrying Dropships as cargo in Warship cargo bays.

TERRAN SUPREMACY DEFENSE FORCE.  For when you want to send the SLDF, but couldn't afford the whole kit and kaboodle.

phoenixalpha

• Warrant Officer
  • For God, Prince Davion & the Federated Suns
« Reply #140 on: 31 May 2013, 00:42:32 »
am I the only one who's not really fond of that style of Atlas?

Not liking the Atlas at all... wtf is it with the "stomach muscle 6 pack"?

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #141 on: 31 May 2013, 00:42:55 »
Scary thing, rate CGL is releasing these, all of them will be out prior to my next pay day (paid monthly on 15th) before I can get one. Unsure if good thing/bad thing that.

I believe it was said that there were going to be 8 of them. Also, I believe it was stated somewhere that the reason we got
the DCMS one a week after the CCAF one was because they had slipped their schedule, and did that to keep them on track. I
saw a comment from Herb(I think in one of the chats?) that the plan was for one a month...
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #142 on: 31 May 2013, 00:52:41 »

Everyone's entitled to their opinion - I could never stomach the original TRO art for the Black Knight, it looked like a silly man in armour, and the mini's bandy legs made it appear ridiculous to me. Many people disagree with me about this. Means nothing.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #143 on: 31 May 2013, 01:06:25 »
That black knight is gorgeous. That Atlas is gorgeous from the neck down.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #144 on: 31 May 2013, 01:07:13 »

For me its more the shoulders. if the head sat more properly ATOP them, I think I'd be okay with it. I'm not attached to that stomach 6pack though.

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #145 on: 31 May 2013, 01:40:39 »
That Atlas, I've been playing around with it in SSW, and unless we get a new missile launcher those are LRM-5's in the RT, MML-5's won't fit, and that gun is probably a RAC-5, a RAC-2 tends to work out too light

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #146 on: 31 May 2013, 01:44:05 »
Book isn't out yet and already 130+ posts

I'm not hugely surprised the Federated Suns has always been popular

Right now in a tight spot

Want to see the AFFS reaction

Of those two I like the both far better take on the Atlas than previously the Black Knight looks real nice too
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

ntin

• Sergeant
« Reply #147 on: 31 May 2013, 01:48:47 »
Wonder if the Lyrans are going to be upset that Fedsuns stole their new scout 'Mech?

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #148 on: 31 May 2013, 01:52:28 »
Wonder if the Lyrans are going to be upset that Fedsuns stole their new scout 'Mech?

Where is Thomas Hogarths son when you need him?

Or better yet. Thomas Hogarth's remains used to power and pilot an Atlas for all eternity. >.>
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Banzai

• Major
  • Team Banzai visits Jurassic Park.
« Reply #149 on: 31 May 2013, 01:52:48 »
That Atlas, I've been playing around with it in SSW, and unless we get a new missile launcher those are LRM-5's in the RT, MML-5's won't fit, and that gun is probably a RAC-5, a RAC-2 tends to work out too light

It looks like the same load out of an Atlas II, so that is a LB-10X, though a RAC-5 and three tons of ammo would fit there as well.

« Last Edit: 31 May 2013, 09:19:06 by Banzai »